PDA

View Full Version : The most difficult acessory you have ever done.

Legato/Machan
07-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi people!
Tell me: What was the most difficult acessory you have ever made?
Well, I've never cosplayed but I make some acessories from some characters and I keep it to myself.
For me the most difficult (and the most expensive) was the Vash and Knives' guns. Cause I wanted to make it perfectly. You know when Vash use that angel weapon? I was about to finish that "power generator" inside of the gun when my bro broke the gun.
The gun cost me about 60 dollars and now it's all ruined!!!
Unless I still have the Vash's sunglasses. It was very cheap! Something about 9 to 10 bucks.

Scoti
07-11-2002, 07:11 PM
The most difficult accessory I've ever done is the one I'm going to make for CN anime expo this year. We're doing a Slayers group so I want to make a accurate Valgarv costume complete with his Ravdomezehis weapon. Since the two end blades are "light beams" I'm trying to figure out how to light up the ends using a battery of somekind......

Nietsche
07-11-2002, 07:14 PM
probably the adoreable Carro plushies that i made about 8 of...I made their tails light up by placing a small torch in the tail before sealing it in...unfortunately the bulbs seem to be shortlived since all the torches seem to have stopped working for some reason or another....
That's about it...the Granasabre and my Suboshi Ryuseisyu are the only other accesory i have ever had to make...oh yeah...that WildArms 3 gun too..but that was far easier!

kelldar
07-11-2002, 07:22 PM
my utena shoulder thingies... they never did turn out the way I wanted them, and I redid them like, four times ><;
I reckon my lina armour will probably be as frustrating... ><; must... get... that... done... before otakon...!

Yggdrasil Pie
07-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Well...I only cosplayed once, but Umi's armor was heck to make!!!! I couldn't find a way to make the jewels to stick to the fabric so I used super glue, ^^;;;;
It kept on falling off...and the boots...ahh....same problem.

Adella
07-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Malon's bowser pin! I can't make bowser's face out of model magic to save my life! :O

Rosiel
07-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Hmm... my three wings? LOL Those are a constant pain in the neck and I have to repair them after every con. I don't even want to think about how many turkeys died for the honour of being on my back!

^_______^

Rosiel
07-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Actually... now that I think about it... Seed's leg armor drove me insane too...

Kuja
07-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Hmmm I think sewing my wings for Morrgion. Those were a big pain in the butt.

Tenshi
07-11-2002, 11:56 PM
I have a bit of a tie. The headband on my Pretear costume was a pain -- I ended up doing a simplified version of it, because I'm not that talented with Model Magic ^^;;. Second, my floating arm-band for Aeka was difficult. If I used a sturdy wire, it would show, but if I used a less visible one, it would flop around ^^;;. So I had to play around for a quite a while before I got it ok, and it still flops around a bit >.<.

Rosiel
07-12-2002, 12:24 AM
> Those were a big pain in the butt.

LMAO

This is really random but I love how you call your Morrigan wings (attacked to you waist) a "pain in the butt" and I call my Rosiel wings (attached to my shoulders) a "pain in the neck".

Jibrille
07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
hmmm... evil....
a tie...

Jibrilles neck thing!! the thing that ties and has the lace trim.. that was PURE evil... getting those little metal rings in for the tie ribbon to go through... such a headache. those things dont agree with the semi-transparent fabrics...

and the hilt of beatrix's sword. i made it with model magic... it cracked a lot so i ended up going back with some watered down model magic (makes a great puddy) to fill in the cracks... insanity O.o

i've learned too much about model magic..... -.-;

Celine
07-12-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Nietsche
probably the adoreable Carro plushies that i made about 8 of...I made their tails light up by placing a small torch in the tail before sealing it in...

GIVE!!!! CARRO!!!! AAAAH! They are SO cute!!!! ^_^

Er, anyway, I'm not cool enough to have made any interesting accessories. The niftiest was probably Sabrina's doll. It had glowing red eyes! yeah!!!

Melchior
07-12-2002, 09:12 AM
Inuyasha's sword, Tetsuaiga. I made it out of foam core and bondo-glass (it has fiberglass in it for strength). It took me about 30 hours, and it is still not perfect. It's the first time I've ever attempted anything artistic like that - but I think I did a pretty good job because it came out great! But all that sanding - there was fiberglass dust everywhere =P

Jinx
07-12-2002, 09:45 PM
My only difficult costume was my Honey costume, and she had all these weird pieces to make. The most difficult were these leg pieces with metal rings on the outside and inside of each leg and was attached with some sort of garter belt. I made a pattern but had to keep adjusting it so it wouldn't look baggy, but it was too hard and take too long to hem, so the edges are a little frayed... the metal rings were also heavy so it had to be as tight as possible, and they would be secured on with velcro. The first leg piece was such a mess. Then making the garter belt was interesting.. it certainly was waaaayy more complicated than any other garter belt. o.o;;; Very discouraging.

Nadeshiko
07-13-2002, 12:59 AM
Might sound a little bit amateur-ish, but it would have to be Wolfwood's mini-confessional chapel type thing. ^^;

Legato/Machan
07-13-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Nadeshiko
Might sound a little bit amateur-ish, but it would have to be Wolfwood's mini-confessional chapel type thing. ^^;

Well ... I doesn't sound amateur-ish. I thought to make, but I'm not so good to work with wood.
I discovered a great thing. Do you know those pen that you can write in the dark? It has a blue light, but if you mix it with Mg (I don't know english chemistry terms) you can get a yellow light! It's perfect for the Vash's gun! Chemistry class is much more interesting now.

Lady_Sephiroth
07-15-2002, 07:55 PM
My most difficult accessory was prolly my Sealing Wand. Dad and I put a LOT of time into that -- lucky my dad used to be a shop teacher, but he made me do most of the work! Carving the head, finding the pieces for the end, painting the whole thing by hand and making the wings took me like a month and a half! It looks great tho!

Integral
07-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Hmm.. Mine, thus far was the Silky Tiara I made. We STILL haven't uploaded our photos yet.. lol.. but I'll link from JunJun's dad...
http://www.durhamphoto.com/a-kon/meat/pages/6013778.htm

Granted.. the shoulder armor was difficult... and I got to learn ALL about new costume-making techniques for it.. The tiara was more difficult >..<
I am awfully proud of them, though :)

Legato/Machan
07-23-2002, 12:08 AM
I discovered that making wings are very difficult. I don't even know how to start it!

Tenjou
07-24-2002, 12:04 PM
I haven't started it yet, but I'm guessing my duelist ring is going to be a tough one. ^^:: course, this is my first costume, so... ^^: yeah.

Neon Genocide
07-24-2002, 12:20 PM
The gun blade for Seifer was probibly the hardest thing I did, it wasen't really that it was complicated but to make it sturdy and to make it look good turned out to be very time consuming.

ling_xiaoyu2002
07-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Hiya,
Hardest Accessorie??? Mmmm.....Garnet's necklce..could not find the right shape of stone for the life of me!!!....the only other hard thing I can think of at the moment is umm..ling's wrist things and hair things....that was a pain to do. Oh well that's about it....see ya later!bye!

Shinobu
07-25-2002, 05:37 PM
Well I don't make too many assesories but...
Since the Chi/Persacom ears where so expensive to buy I made some and it was kinda easy. They took only two hours to make but they kept coming undone because I didnt sew them tight enough. Well they came out PERFECT and I was so happy. T-T

Shinobu
07-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Tenjou
I haven't started it yet, but I'm guessing my duelist ring is going to be a tough one. ^^:: course, this is my first costume, so... ^^: yeah.

Hey at K-mart they have this program where you can take a picture of the design of ring you wnat and for (it used to be $20) they'll make you the ring. It's supposed to be a "class ring" But it's still a custamized ring. I was going to make an Utena movie costume but I desided not to but Im still consitering it. ^^: if the thing isnt at K-mart anymore please dont kill me! *hides*

Cait
07-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Malon's bowser pin! I can't make bowser's face out of model magic to save my life! :O

That... that was you? *slaps forehead* Of course! I see it now. From the moment I saw you at AX I hated you ^_^; ...ok maybe that's too strong a word. I was extremely jealous. You didn't even do the belt buckle, yet you out classed my Malon costume by leaps and bounds. *sheepish wave*

Personally, I found that making Bowser's face was quite fun. I'm a little repressed artist/crafter, so making the accessories is a dozen times easier for me than making the actual clothes. For Anime Expo I was responsible for making Lulu's three necklaces, Lulu's hair sticks, Yuna's staff, Yuna's necklace, Human Luna's crescent moon pendant, Misato's white cross, Ritsuko's NERV badge, clipon versions of Ritsuko's earrings, Malon's belt buckle, Malon's Bowser clip thing, Zelda's necklace, and Zelda's belt. The hardest pieces were the ones I was making for other people. It's easy as pie to make something for yourself... you can hold it up to your body and see if it works with the costume and that costume being part of your vision, you will know what to add or change. But, when you're making something for a costume you've never seen it's hard as hell. That's why the hardest pieces I've ever made were Zelda's. My friend went as Zelda along side me as Malon. Her costume was a bit ragged around the edges, but essentially accurate. The problem was I'd had to make the jewelry before I'd even seen the costume it would go with. So, although they looked spiffy on me, when applied to her costume they were laughable.

Also, Lulu's hair sticks were cursed. I made the first two extremely well, but I caught the plague before I could finish the last two and ended up gimping out on them. >.< Itís always the small things.

~Cait