PDA

View Full Version : *cries*

Garnet
05-12-2002, 02:54 PM
I can't find anything that will help me with a Garnet costume!
I've looked in my local fabric shop for templates for a jumpsuit like thing but I can no find!

Celine
05-12-2002, 06:56 PM
I was looking for jumpsuit patterns as well about a month ago. It seems that jumpsuits are not in style, so the patterns are nearly impossible to find! The pattern I did find is really baggy so it wouldn't be appropriate for Garnet, I think. Since her outfit is pretty tight, why not try getting a bodysuit pattern and making the whole outfit a single piece? It might be easier...

Garnet
05-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Yea, but where could I get that from?
Its a much better idea, thanx ^_^

Adella
05-13-2002, 10:46 PM
/me thinks...

Hm... I have an idea!! Look through the exercise section of any pattern book for body suites for exercising.. Find one that resembles Garnet.. then alter it BIG TIME! The shirt is pretty medievalish so yuo could probably find something like it in the renaissance costume sections.

Garnet
05-14-2002, 02:15 PM
ahhhh! good idea! I'll try them both, thanx ^_^

RealizeDOP
05-14-2002, 04:06 PM
I just went and got one for my Alpha Chun Li! Kwik Sew #3052 : ) They have a lotta other ones too!

Mei Lan Chang
05-16-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm probably not going to be much help in suggesting this...but, maybe you could just start from scratch? Now I know that it is opening you up for all sorts of problems, and it would definatly be a last resort, but I must admit: I love making something cool out of just a pile of assorted fabric! That's what I am going to do for this new plug suit that I am working on. But anywho, just a lil' bit of Mei Lan thought process for ya there. Good luck with the Garnet getup!

Garnet
05-17-2002, 08:04 AM
Thankyou all! ^_^!