PDA

View Full Version : Violinist of Hameln Group

Scortia
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Allo, I'm just checking whether anyone plans to cosplay from the stupendous, under appreciated manga and anime series Violinist of Hameln.

So far we have a group of Hamel, Flute, Raiel, Lute/Bass, Clarinet, and possibly Trom set up and would love to have Sizer, Coronet, Orgel, Vocal, Horn-sama, Ocarina, Obo.... or if you're insanely talented: Guitar or Drum. :P

Unsure on the definite time yet... It seems likely to be either the first half of Friday or Saturday.

Asmaria
03-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Yes! Join us! \>_</

Or I'll smash people with Flute's giant cross of doom! :3

xNekoAyumix
03-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Allo, I'm just checking whether anyone plans to cosplay from the stupendous, under appreciated manga and anime series Violinist of Hameln.

So far we have a group of Hamel, Flute, Raiel, Lute/Bass, Clarinet, and possibly Trom set up and would love to have Sizer, Coronet, Orgel, Vocal, Horn-sama, Ocarina, Obo.... or if you're insanely talented: Guitar or Drum. :P

Unsure on the definite time yet... It seems likely to be either the first half of Friday or Saturday.

Would I have to cosplay as the Hamel? I will play violin there though :O

Asmaria
03-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Would I have to cosplay as the Hamel? I will play violin there though :O

We actually have a Hamel already, my friend is going to cosplay him! But it'd be great to see more than one :D But you said that as if someone was telling you that you had to? Cosplay whoever you want! The more the merrier! *_* And wow, all I can play is a tiny bit of piano, and not well at that. XD

Rip Van Winkle
03-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Crap!! One year too soon...my Saizer costume (with full sized wings, damnit) isn't going to be finished until sometime around Oni-Con x_____X If I get it done sooner I'll let ya'll know.

Scortia
03-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Crap!! One year too soon...my Saizer costume (with full sized wings, damnit) isn't going to be finished until sometime around Oni-Con x_____X If I get it done sooner I'll let ya'll know.

Yaaaay, you're the nifty Rip at A-kon last year! ^o^

You know you wanna make Sizer now. ;p lol I wouldn't be upset if you couldn't manage that though, Sizer's armor is crazy... unless you'd do possessed Sizer which just involves getting lingerie and tearing holes in it. ;p

xNekoAyumix: The more the merrier! My first choice for cosplay was Raiel because I've been playing piano forever... but <3 Clari and my friend is more Raiel-like anyhow.

My goodness the photoshoots will be hilarious... Asmaria you are really making her huge cross!? Sweeeeet. Man I want a Coronet like nuts... the characters from Sforzando can have some mega fun with their over-done Christian weaponry. ;P

Asmaria
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Ooh, well I'll try to make it out to Oni-con anyways. *_*

Making the cross? My friend said he had a friend who might make it for me. If they don't, I've been eyeing some foam at the fabric warehouses I visit. If I can fit it in (I have a lot of comissions between my own cosplay) then I'll make it if they can't! XD

Rip Van Winkle
03-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Yaaaay, you're the nifty Rip at A-kon last year!

Yes, it is I~

lol I wouldn't be upset if you couldn't manage that though, Sizer's armor is crazy... unless you'd do possessed Sizer which just involves getting lingerie and tearing holes in it. ;p

Ah...Possessed Saizer is just a bit beyond my comfort zone *laughs* I already know how to make the armor though...won't be too tough, just a bit messy. Trouble is going to be the wings. I've emailed 3 different feather distributors and none of them pack the same number of left and right feathers in their packages. It's all random. So...it may end up costing me like 100+ packages worth to get enough feathers for both wings...and they're about $2 each. Guess it'll be trial and error until I have enough *laughs*

But...hmm...I've got the rest of March, April and May to do it...I may pull it off =P *crosses her fingers and knocks on wood*

EDIT: Damn you all. I just bought all my feathers. Hope I get enough for both wings...that'd suck if I only got the feathers to make one wing (since feathers are like hands and all...can't go around with 2 left hands/wings.)

Scortia
03-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Ack, wing-making... I won't even touch it with a 10 foot pole, especially Sizer's. Good luck to you! :P Yeah it'd be wonderful if you can finish in time. I'm currently still kicking my friend to be Trom on the possibility of having all five Great Hopes. ;p

Asmaria
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Bwahahaha, my roomate tossed around the idea of Coronet the other day. Even though I hate her(Coronet), if it had to be anyone, I'd like my roomate to cosplay it. Then we can have fun pretending to hate each other. XD

Of course it's up in the air whether or not she will. We have a lot of costumes to make, so it'd be one of the last ones we do. But it's a possibility. ^o^

And good luck with your Sizer! o_o

Rip Van Winkle
03-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Starting to wonder here...I've only got access to the first 6 volumes of the manga, and it's been a LOONNNGGG time since seeing the movie, let alone (despite falling asleep due to Hamel's music) the first couple episodes of the series...

Where can I get the rest of the manga? Even in Japanese? Anyone?

As far as the wings go...my only problem will be getting them to the con. I'm going to have to work some magic with the cieling of my friend's car *laughs* These things are gonna be big...I may even have to strap them to the roof, outside ~___~

Asmaria
03-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Somehow the thought of you falling asleep to Hamel's music is amusing. XD At least you didn't end up dancing a marionette version? :P

I haven't searched lately, but you might find used copies on yahoo japan auctions. You can bid through a service at celga.com, it's proxy bidding. I'm lucky, cause my roomate has the whole series. That's how I got into it actually. I still need to see the rest of the TV series.

Oh jeeze, be careful transporting the wings! XD *imagines passerbys staring at the wings as you drive by thinking 'wtf, what bird did THAT come from?!'*

I'd wrap them carefully in a blanket if you absolutely have to transport them that way. Man, I'd be too afraid to do that with any costume. I think when we get to the con we're going to have to take a few trips. I don't know if the cross I'm gonna make will fit in the car WITH the cello plus my roomate and luggage. o_O;

Scortia
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Asmaria: *drives over to your home and pokes your roommate into doing Coronet!* Clari wants his insane oddball of a little sister. One day, I wanna see her cosplayed in one of her weird outfits.. the three-mouth demon outfit... so freaking weird. I wish anime Coronet would have been as spunky and fun as manga Coronet. Granted, hardly anyone was as spunky in the anime. :P Bah I like both the manga and anime for different reasons. ^^;

Rip Van Winkle: I see the manga on eBay quite often from Japan. Acclimate Solution carries it as well http://www.aclimatesolution.com/manga/index.html I still need to get the rest of the series myself.

Ahahah I am so happy our car will just have Lute/Bass and Clari's staffs.
Oh all the fun to be had with the Bass head. :P

Rip Van Winkle
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I only have one shot at getting the wings to Akon...I'm not the one driving, and one costume isn't worth 12 hours worth of driving (back and forth from Austin to Dallas.) However, my 7-foot rifle fits in my dad's puny car, and my friend's car is a lot longer, so hopefully there's gonna be room.

Thanks for the linkage for the mangas, too!

Scortia
03-14-2005, 12:22 AM
I have a quick question guys... skit, yay or nay? Totally understandable if there are previous engagements or just general dislike of being on stage... but just out of curiosity because I could write some mad, fun stuff for Hameln.

*is happy because her Trom is 80% confirmed...*

Asmaria
03-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Wah, I'd love to do a skit, but I'm in one already. T_T Gomen! But if you see a Tales of Symphonia group on stage, that's me and my friends. ^_^ Gah, those costumes have had me up a LOT lately. I haven't really started on Flute yet, but I have the fabric and the wig for it at least. I'll keep you posted!

Rip Van Winkle
03-14-2005, 02:47 PM
skit, yay or nay?

If sitting for up to 3 hours waiting to go on stage for 3 minutes was in any way appealing, I'd say yes...but Ushicon's cosplay walk-on was Hell in and of itself, I can only imagine how irritating and stuffy Akon's will be.

Maybe if a decent skit idea is thrown out there (though pulling it off would be tough since we couldn't pre-record the dialogue and set it to music like Gren and Cherry did theirs, or even practice the moves) then perhaps...

Scortia
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Prerecording is easily done without being in the same room... With your wings I can understand how 3 hours of standing would suck. ;p

You'd be surprised how quickly you can learn a skit while waiting for cosplay to start. Next month when I get more definites from people to see who'd be willing I'll write a tentative script.

Asmaria
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
My friends and I recorded our skit at Animefest last year before the con, and ended up practicing it an hour before cosplay. The main thing is to simply know how the script goes and what your lines(and your partner's) are ahead of time. The rest is just memorizing movements vs. stage layout. :D

If you find someone willing to be your Flute in the skit, I can lend them my costume for the contest if you want. They'd just have to be a size 14-16.

Scortia
03-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Wow, that's nice of you! I'm going to try writing a script and see what happens... how about our Hamel, would he do a skit?

Rip Van Winkle
03-15-2005, 06:22 PM
If we can pre-record it before going on stage (to avoid not being heard...nothing sucks more than wasting time passing microphones around or otakus screaming 'MIC'), then I can take the wings off while waiting and put them on again before going on. They (quite literally) detatch from the back-apparatus via screw, so someone would just have to help undo and reattach them as needed, since I can't see nor reach that far...I'll just have a screwdriver with me =P

Scortia
03-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Easily detachable wings, fabulous idea. Yeah I'm currently making my first all-prerecorded skit for Kamikaze, and to do it for A-kon shouldn't be any problem. With a group as big as this, hand-offs would just be distracting anyhow. ^o^

Rip Van Winkle
03-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Aye...and with all the props we'll be carrying around (Giant Violins, FluteScythes, Pianos, oh...and swords. Gotta have swords) it'll be easier to stay 'in character' as well.

I wonder though...other than the planned music Hamel and Raiel are going to be playing, should there be any background music? Something quiet, but still something to set the skit apart from the complete silence.

Also, if all members of the 'cast' aren't here when we record, would there be any objections to substitute voice overs being done for those folks? Like...if the Hamel isn't there, would it be possible to have another guy do the voice and then just have the group's Hamel lipsync on stage? Dunno how easy it'll be to get everyone together, unless we have a meeting place at a certain time. Since Akon's at the same place again, it'd be easier to find folk, and much moreso if there's a specific time and place to be (and...especially since VoH is such a rarely cosplayed series - easy to spot a Ha-chan or Flute amidst the throngs of Edwards and Narutos.)

Scortia
03-19-2005, 09:34 AM
I'll probably stick in very low bgm from the anime... Strauss or Smetlana or someone like that... something not too distracting. If the cast members aren't here, or their source for recording wavs sounds like crap, we'll do stand in voices. It's not a problem at all. ^^

Rip Van Winkle
03-19-2005, 04:49 PM
So then do we want to set up a meeting place? I know Akon's still 2.5 months away but it's always good to plan ahead ^_^

I figure...we could probably meet on the 'Random Acts of Yaoi' bridge. Maybe in the hotel lobby near check-in? Or someplace further in? My group is going to be at the con probably around 3-4 Thursday afternoon, so we'll be ready to go by an hour after that, if we have no problems with our room reservation. I don't know how Akon security is handling props this year...I had to put my rifle away till 6 Thursday night because I couldn't get it approved until then. I don't think my scythe will be too big of an issue though. Gator-board is stiff but it's just foam core <_<

Scortia
03-19-2005, 09:15 PM
lol I hope the bridge is more faithful this year to that name than what I call it: "The Sign-Whore Hallway". Supposedly signs will be banned this year... hopefully. We can meet like that or just trade cell phone numbers privately. They were ridiculous about putting a rubber ball on the end of my friend's very dull wooden gunblade last year, so you never know the level of stupidity they shall take with the scythe. ;p

Rip Van Winkle
03-19-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't have a cellphone, sadly...nor a pager, or any form of away-from-home-and-computer communication technology. However, if I have yours, I can call you from the hotel phones and figure things out from there.

On second though, y'know...we both have our AIM names posted <_< *adds to buddy list*

EDIT: As for the scythe...if anyone's gonna be coming into contact with it...it's going to be the pointy end to their FACE! O_O

Asmaria
03-20-2005, 10:26 PM
I talked to Nick and he says he'd definitely do a skit. I'm pestering him to make a cosplay.com account now. XD

Scortia
03-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Lol sweeet... ^o^ I have no worries now... aside from finding a Flute for the skit and making sure if the Trom is still in or not ~_~

Oh and making my costume as well I suppose. ;p

DarkDeityofIce
03-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Curses... I just recently got into Violinist of Hamelin and really want to CosPlay as Hamelin, but by the time I found out about the series I was already working on my 3 costumes for A-Kon this year, so I had to push the idea back to next year...

I hope I am able to find all of you to at least get a picture...

@->-->---

Rip Van Winkle
03-28-2005, 06:15 PM
I doubt it'll be tough to fine us =/ My wings alone will practically be a land mark...they're huge x_x And being red helps too...

Scortia
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Ahaha indeed... finding a group with oversized musical instruments, crosses, wings, and spare heads shouldn't be too difficult. :P Besides that, I wouldn't be surprised if we do some weird poses and in-character yelling while walking the con. ^_^

DarkDeityofIce
03-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Heh, you have made some very good points. ^_^

Look forward to seeing all of you. And I'll probably bug any Hamelin CosPlayers asking them how they did their instrument and hat... o_o

@->-->---

Rip Van Winkle
03-29-2005, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we do some weird poses and in-character yelling while walking the con. ^_^

Heh! That's too true...I can hear it now...

"HAMERRRUUUU!!!!!!!"

"Hahhahhaaahhh!!" *flies off*

Scortia
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I didn't realize Hamel can fly now.... oh wait... he can... "sometimes". :P

I think I'll spend all con just beating everyone up for being stupid. Being the calm disgruntled ones in a group of freaks should be interesting.