PDA

View Full Version : *Valgarv Weapon help*

Scoti
07-12-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm trying to make the Ravdomezehis weapon but my friend suggested that I make the end ''blades" actually light up (for people who don't know what I'm talking about can see a small pic below..) Anyway I'm sure it's possible with a battery, but has anyone out there made something like this? :confused:

Legato/Machan
07-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Well ... It's very difficult to make weapons shine and sometimes very expensive.
My Vash'gun light's up when you turn it on.
To make that weapon ... well ... you can buy a PVC pipe (I don't know if that's the word) and for the blades ... you could make it with with a special plastic that you can model it easily with fire and than paint it. You can hide the battery in the pipe.

khamryn
08-06-2002, 08:29 PM
Hmmm...

::ponder::

I think I'll go bug Kida to reply to this, she's much better at props then I am.. her and her BF may have some suggestions. ^_^

::Demands pictures when your done, loves Val.. did a Val at AX.:: though the wig wasn't really that good.. meh... oh well. ^_^

if you can't figure out a way though I would say just make it out of wood and leave it at that.. ^^; .. ::babbling:: .. i spose you could use some colored film stuff and put lights inside but it might be flimsy.. x.X

pookie-kun
08-06-2002, 08:51 PM
There's a method to make plastic glow with a small LED light.. I saw something about it in a computer modding website.. i'll see if I can dig it up.

edit: I found it. It's smaller than a sword, but the same method could be used, perhaps.
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1137