PDA

View Full Version : Costume panic for Ohayocon?

Rosiel
01-05-2003, 11:23 AM
I guess I am just trying to feel better, but is anyone stuck like me with a (at best) 20% finished costume that needs to be done for Ohayocon and no /time/ to get the work done?

If so, let's commiserate and maybe I will feel more like sewing and less like going to bed and hibernating for the next month or so...

Vinya
01-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Rosiel! Faitto! *wishes someone else has seen Chobits as well* ^_^

Bobbi
01-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Haha... I'm stuck making Aoshi from Rurouri Kenshin. I have like most of the coat done... need to do the pants and the black shirt underneath. >_<

Rosiel
01-05-2003, 12:35 PM
I'm currently hand-sewing lots of gold fabric to line black vinyl and slowly going insaaaaaaaaaaaane. I'm afraid I will have to forgo sleep in order to see this monster done on time. Why oh why do I do this to myself!

And, Bobbi, good luck! Sounds like you have quite a bit of work in front of you! But hopefully you can all machine-sew it so it shouldn't take too long. =)

Oshi
01-05-2003, 02:10 PM
I want to complete my SeeD jacket for Ohayocon. All I've done so far is cut out two 20x30 peices of fabric for the front and back of it.

Luckily I have no school or work this week, so I can get moving on it >.>

Bonk
01-05-2003, 02:47 PM
I got to complete/get the stuff for my two costumes and backup costume I plan on wearing/taking to OhayoCon. Heh, I got really simple costumes, but it seems no places sell t-shirts in the middle of winter. Especially white ones Xx. I still need two white t-shirts(One for the 'Anchor' Luffy shirt I plan on making and taking just incase I decide against wearing one of my costumes, and the other for my Jou costume), a green button-down shirt with a collar('Tis a really odd colour of green, like Miami Dolphin green, so I haven't found it yet), one blue(odd colour of blue, too) baseball cap, one dogtag(just /one/...and on an odd type of chain too...), and then I gotta make my duel disk still too...I'm doomed Xx. Man, procrastinators like myself don't make good Cosplayers I guess.

Well, I got less than one week, during which I have school and some activities after school about three of those nights, which take up most of my time right after school before dinner, some other things that'll probably eat up my schedule, and I have about 30%...but that's all three costumes put together, and my Kouichi costume takes up most of that percentage Xx. I guess I'll be on overdrive for the week to finish my first official cosplays, and finish them well. Neh. Doomed...doomed...doomed is me..

Rosiel
01-05-2003, 04:10 PM
I'm done with lining and have been sewing ribbons for the past two hours... I foresee about 3-4 more hours of that before I can move on to the shoes. X__X

> Man, procrastinators like myself don't make good Cosplayers I guess.

I'm a MAJOR procrastinator. Every costume I make is finished in a panic last minute... I'm sure it's horrible for my blood pressure. *laughs*

> Well, I got less than one week, during which I have school and some activities after school about three of those nights

Sounds like me. X__X Except for me it's work. AAAAAAAH!

Eurobeat King
01-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Good luck to everyone here in the home stretch for Ohayocon with their costumes and preparations! :) I have to work M-TH all day, all while fighting a cold (I'll be OK come the con) and then flying TH night.. So really the only time I can prepare my costumes is/was this weekend. :thumbsup: I still have other convention preparations that I usually don't finish until right before I leave for a con. (You know what that is, ne Rosiel? ;))

Best of luck to you all again, and see everyone Friday! :skidude2:

Lady_Sephiroth
01-05-2003, 06:31 PM
That's where I was last year, pre Katsucon -- I'll never let myself get that behind again! I was up till late every night for 2 weeks wiring and painitng armor, and it was MISERABLE, especially since I do work full time, and our office is insanely busy! I was dead by the time the con rolled around, I still have no idea where I got the eneregy to GO to Katsu after all that :)

I'm a horrible procrastinator, though, so I know it wil happen again eventually, especially since I hit a major snag with my Katsu costume, which I'm trying to start!

I wish you all luck and much caffene and see you all on friday! We're leaving godawful early on Friday morn, trying to get there about 11 ish.

Bobbi
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Trenchcoat 90% done... gotta start on the pants tomorrow. >_<; *dies*

It doesn't help when you have a puppy who likes to chew everything in sight. She just chewed the heels on my favorite $70 boots. *kicks puppy* She tried to run off with the coat but I locked her in the basment. Muaha.

Rosiel
01-06-2003, 03:21 AM
La la laaaaaaaaaaa. 3:22 am and 12 hours of sewing ribbons (total) and guess who is not done?

I'll go spray-paint the jewellery and start on the shoes. The wings can wait until tomorrow. X___X

Bobbi
01-06-2003, 07:48 AM
Hee... :) At least you guys have until Friday. My deadline is Weds night or at the absolute latest, early Thurs morning. I'm staffing and I have to be there on thurs! >_<;;

Good luck Rosiel, can't wait to see your costume!

Oshi
01-06-2003, 02:46 PM
ARGH! Armpits too tight on my SeeD jacket! *fix* >.<

Rosiel
01-06-2003, 05:40 PM
I need to start the wings... to hell with the evil ribbon sewing that never ends, I need to start the wings!

(See me realize I'll have to stay late at work tomorrow due to a deadline I was just reminded of.
See me panic.)

Good luck everyone!

KnuxieChan
01-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Me and my dad are stuck on my weird armor pads for Dark Schneider, we also need to make a new tail for Shippou X___x;;

die-sama
01-06-2003, 10:17 PM
*Gives everyone coffeee*
*puts on a fan and some good music*
ummmm
>< yuh

*scampers off*

*panics cuz everyone else is panicing!*

Bobbi
01-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Shippo, what happened to your tail? It was awesome! Like a big pillow! ^^

Trenchcoat done... starting on the pants. Eeeep... I sure hope I don't mess these up like I did my Misao shorts! The leg holes ended up as the waist and the waist was the leg holes. Don't ask me how I manged that one.

I have to have this finished by tomorrow night! *dies*

Rosiel
01-07-2003, 12:33 PM
*blinks blearily*

I neeeeeeeeed sleep. I think I will either A) sew like mad or B) sleep all day, Friday at the con. And in the meantime turn into a scary snarky woman. X__X

I'm about 50% done with my wings, stressed out of my wits, and bogged down with work. Whee.

Good luck with the pants, Bobbi!

Bobbi
01-07-2003, 05:01 PM
You know, I can't believe how easy it was to make these pants. Stupid pattern instructions... the last time I tried it they made it sooo complicated. I didn't know you could just stick one leg inside the other and sew. Phew... well Aoshi is done! I just need to touch up my other costumes. =)

KnuxieChan
01-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Bobbi: It was heavy as heck! It left burns on the back of my neck and shoulders >.< So we're making a lighter one.

Oshi
01-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
*blinks blearily*

I neeeeeeeeed sleep. I think I will either A) sew like mad or B) sleep all day, Friday at the con. And in the meantime turn into a scary snarky woman. X__X

I'm about 50% done with my wings, stressed out of my wits, and bogged down with work. Whee.

Good luck with the pants, Bobbi! Rosiel, has anyone ever suggested that maybe you're taking this a little too far/seriously? ^^;
I'd never bother losing sleep over cosplay, but, hey, it's your thing ^^;;;
This has gotta be one kickass costume, though, if it's taking this much work, can't wait to see it, heheh

die-sama
01-07-2003, 10:11 PM
This has gotta be one kickass costume,

U betcha its gonna be a kickass costume!
why?
Cuz i said so :B *runs*

Rosiel
01-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Caution: Snarky answer.

> Rosiel, has anyone ever suggested that maybe you're taking this a little too far/seriously? ^^;

o_O;;; In all fairness, I am not a high school student. I don't have weeks off at Christmas to work on my costumes. I don't have weeks off period. I'm an engineer. Which means I live my life on call and often stumble home late at night when I have deadlines looming.

I love cosplay, I love making high-quality costumes.
I don't have the free time you do.
Sometimes, you have to cut on sleep to balance work, life, and hobbies. That's the way of the /real/ world.

> I'd never bother losing sleep over cosplay, but, hey, it's your thing ^^;;;

Please don't judge until you've walked a mile in people's shoes. Or worked full-time in a very demanding industry to support yourself and your hobbies.

Honestly, I found your comment a little condescending.

[Edit: And when you commit yourself to a group, to a skit, that everyone is done and the skit is written and timed and... short of a major emergency, you have to deliver. I won't ruin other people's plans because I was too busy and fell behind.]

Oshi
01-08-2003, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I was trying not to make it sound too condescending, sorry ^^;;;
I'm just really casual about this, I guess...

Note to self: Think a lil more deeply before posting something like that, baka >.<

ANNNYWAY... I believe I'm gonna be able to have my SeeD jacket done by tomorrow, wee! I've got the base jacket done and armpits looser, the trim on the insides and bottom done, and tomorrow I'll do the shoulder things, then switch my machine to yellow thread and do more trimming...
...okay, maybe done by tomorrow o_o;
But it'll be done for the con! =B

Bobbi
01-08-2003, 02:39 AM
Nyar!!! My last sewing machine needle broke. Gotta go out in the morning and get new ones. *cries* Looks like I won't be sewing anymore tonight.

Rosiel
01-08-2003, 11:01 AM
I had to give up sewing since family decided to visit me tonight and hence I have to "entertain".... I spent a good chunk of last night/early morning cleaning the sewing devastation... my apartment looked like a G Street Fabric store had exploded in it.

So I will end up sewing on Friday at the convention it seems. ^__^

KnuxieChan
01-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Yay! Dark Schneider is almost done, cept the minor details! Parents are working on the tail right now ^.^

Bobbi
01-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Yay Shippo! Heh, at least your parents are willing to help you out with your cosplaying addictions! =P Mine want me to hurry up and put the sewing machine away! The complain cause I take a break from working every few hours. ><;

Good luck though!

die-sama
01-08-2003, 08:58 PM
So I will end up sewing on Friday at the convention it seems. ^__^

..nyarh , maybe u can use Katan's little "easy sew" *lol*
though i heard its.. "easy to sew when it actually works"
:B

Eurobeat King
01-09-2003, 03:54 AM
Last post for me before work, packing, and flying out to Ohayocon Thursday night.. Everyone who's going, please drive or fly safely to the con, and I'll see you Friday morning! Oh, and good luck with those costumes, and my camera will be waiting! ;)

Oshi
01-09-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm down to switching to yellow thread for the last amount of trim... Then I gotta find some velcro to fasten this thing... hm... Or maybe I'll run out and get a zipper...

And, still gotta pack. I'm leaving at 2AM tonight... driving... yeah. 6 hour drive. *nod*

...*dies*

KnuxieChan
01-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Bobbi: My parents are bringing a sewing repair kit just in case on Saturday ^^ If ya need it, just ask!

Schu
01-09-2003, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling I'll just toss my sewing machine in the trunk of my car in case anything breaks O_o so if you're in trouble, look for me... if you have any clue what I look like :) It's thursday morning, and I'm still sewing. I leave in 10 hours. :) Well, at least I'll look decent and actually wore something I made for once... *goes back to fixing asuka's dress* safe journeys!

Oshi
01-09-2003, 12:29 PM
I have an announcement....
SATIN IS THE DEVIL IN FABRIC FORM
Thank you.
*picks frayed fibers off his shirt*

Schu
01-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Quite so. ^__^ tis why I refuse to mess with it. Bring a lint brush.

Rosiel
01-09-2003, 12:50 PM
> SATIN IS THE DEVIL IN FABRIC FORM

My feeling exactly, but about sewing through four layers of vinyl and one of felt at 1 am in the morning. X__X My fingers are killing me, and I am lucky that both my characters wear gloves, for I pinpricked them to death!

I wish I could be sewing now, but, alas, I have to work for a living!

And of course, thank you Murphy, I ran out of ribbon and will need to rush to the fabric store tonight. Lovely. X__X

die-sama
01-09-2003, 09:43 PM
@___@
Rosiel I got katan's message

um i hope this will be enough
i'm brining a bit of extra black and white thread *for my costume if it breaks* So its better if u bring all ur thread but I WILL have hotglue gun so we can both work on it if need be @_@ though i think i dont have -that- many sticks left @_@
But i'm brining 2 bottles of superglue and stuff
got anything else?? i'm still packing! got most of the junx in the car @_@

NYASRHHH PANIC

Rosiel
01-09-2003, 11:00 PM
I HAVE to mention... I just packed... and ALL that fits in my suitcase is my masquerade costume, sleepwear and the bare essentials.

Seems that I will indeed fly to Ohayocon IN MY HALL COSTUME.

So, well, I guess Yuber forgot the incantation to teleport and is now stuck using more mundane methods. X__X I hope there aren't too many game geeks in the airport. X__X

Edit: I DID try to make a new box for my wings but, it was not to be... the Ghetto Box will fly to a convention for its third year in a row! Yay for the Ghetto Box!

Tenshi
01-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Oshi: I hate to laugh at that. . .but that was funny. And true. ::has nightmares of first costume made entirely of baroque satin::

KnuxieChan
01-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Yush, Satin is evil. Satan = Satin XP

.......OMG, TODAY FRIDAY *faints from excitement*

Shadra D
01-10-2003, 06:39 AM
It's 6:41 AM, EST, Friday, the tenth of January.

Good luck, cosplayers o.-

Rosi, when you get back and if you see this, it means you didn't collapse in a little twitching heap, so that's all good.

Have fun! Take pictures! Drink lots of water! Don't forget to sleep at least two hours a night!

And remember, cosplaying is fun.

Try to convince yourselves of that n.n;;

n_n whee!

TheLoneWolf
01-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Panic OVER! :D

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 10:22 AM
> Panic OVER!

Until the next one! Katsucon is in 4 weeks!

Bobbi
01-14-2003, 12:10 PM
> Panic OVER!

For me, Colassal Con in March. We're only going for one day, but I'm still making costumes for it. Puchiko and Rabi~en~Rose! Guess who's going to be Rabi?! ^_^;;

die-sama
01-14-2003, 05:37 PM
KATSUCON *PANIC!**O_O
i gotta make 2 more costumes
GAH! >_<

*Sugar*
01-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Ugh, the cosplay panic.. *sobs* before Ohayocon, I've gotta finish mine, and two others costume... {Dejiko, Pyoko, Puchiko}...{Should finish Usadas, just in case, but nah... she's not pre-reg.. her's is done enough, if she then decides she's well enough to go} and then, Ohayocon isn't the end.. Ugh! Then I've gotta Make a Coo, Murataku, Mr. Manager costume, and Auron for my brother, also help with a Yuna and {either Rikku or Lulu} she hasn't decided which yet... all before Colossalcon... *sniffles* when will it end -nyo!?

Well, at least I'm almost done with the main 3 for Ohayocon.... for mine, I need to do more bell, hat, and hair prep... does anyone know of some really strong, inexpencive hair spray? For Puchiko, I need to make sure it all fits this time.. x_x .. {had to remake her entire costume, it was way tooo big} along with making her boots and hat, and hopeing I have enogh material to do so.. *sniffles*... , and for Pyoko, ~_~;; *sigh* .. I need to re-make her apron for the 3rd time, find a way to attach her tail, without weighing too much on her..., and fix her hat... then I think/hope I'm done... Hey, someone wanna come over and help me? please? heh ^^ you know you want to!! ^_~;;

Lady
01-13-2004, 09:42 AM
*feels a tad guilty*

I had planned to go as Dom Aeris and Murian Queen Maya, but the week I got off of work for X-mas turned into playing with bunnies week instead of work on costumes week*laughs* So unless I suddenly decide to work like a fiend all weekend and buy a last minute wig, I'm just fixing a hem and doing Dom Aeris.

I hope everyone is able to catch up on some rest before Ohayocon!

-Lady, wondering when she'll get started on the three costumes she has fabric for

AlikNyankoChan
01-13-2004, 03:17 PM
*ignores the fact this is a ressurected thread ^^;;;*
There's only 10-11 days left...*twitches*
Well, I technically have nothing new done...yet...must go fabric shopping now. And look in thrift shops for some basic finished peices o_O .
And the two costumes which are 90% and 40% done which I have nearly all supplies for...yeah. I hope I get my wigs in time x.X . And two costumes I should start this week if I want them done, at least for Katsucon...yeah...it never ends ^^;; At least I finished one new basic dress to wear ^^;;

I'd go and help you Dejiko Charat, but you're like 10 hours away ^^;; . I'm better at finishing other peoples costumes rather than my own ^^ .

Time to run off and shop soon ^^

~Alik

0bscurity
01-13-2004, 10:21 PM
*hides* Seifer's vest only 90% done, trench isn't even cut out yet. x__x And I'm planning to bring Hyperion too, that is, if I can build the damn thing in the...3 days or so I'll probably have. And I've got Exams this week. *stress* X__X!

Bobbi
01-13-2004, 11:47 PM
*stares at mass of purple fabric for Tama*

*stares at various pieces of white mage yuna lying about*

I must pull myself together! Pull myself together!

*gets distracted by AIM*

Paul Soth
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Getting my Pang Tong costume finished up...

BountyBebopLuva
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Oliver costume-
Boots- 100%
Leggins- 90%
Skirt- 80%
Top- 0%
Cape- 0%

Original costume-
Jacket- 100% (store bought)
Pants- 100% (store bought)
Boots- 100% (store bought)
Collar- 100%
Pleather bikini top- 0%

I have so much work it's not funny v.v

Starlit Rose
01-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Mm, I'm almost finished with my Kaoru costume. I'm done with the wig, I've sewn the dress's body, I have the shoes already, got the arm warmers, have the make-up, have the pants...just need to sew the sleeves, collar, button...things O.o, and do the back of the outfit (it's a little weird). I'll likely crash on that this Sunday, or maybe even tonight. o.O;

visulstimultion
01-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I decided like... an hour ago that I wanna cosplay as Yuffie in her Kingdom Hearts outfit. @.@ THIS is going to be VERY interesting.

Bobbi
01-15-2004, 04:25 AM
I'm thinking about scrapping Tama for this con. I have so much work to do on Yuna and I just don't have enough time (plus work, and sleep) to be able to make two costumes in time. Plus, I'm running low on funds. ><;

Progress pics for Yuna: http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=6611&ppuser=539

0bscurity
01-17-2004, 10:29 PM
x_X Some weight has been lifted from my shoulders...We finished the vest, and it came out wonderfully, the coat is now 85% finished...Now we panic about Hyperion. X_X I got it carved out of styrophome, and half covered in paper mache. X__X It's SO GHETTO IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! *sob* ;_; Oh well, it's my own fault for waiting this long.

visulstimultion
01-17-2004, 10:33 PM
It's ok. I'm sure it'll turn out good when it's done. ^-^ Our Squall won't even have his gunblade because of how last minute he wanted to do it.

Paul Soth
01-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Alright, all the hard, important stuff is finished! Go see. (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11243)

I still need to tie the ribbons to the pants I got, finish my staff, and black canvas / white sole slippers are proving to be quite elusive...

Be nice, this is the first time I've done anything more complex then a cape and cardboard claw...

HealerKou
01-18-2004, 04:14 AM
OK, I have to brag a little because I just finished TWO costumes for Ohayocon in one night! I worked for about 6 hours and got them done. My new sewing machine is the shizzy.

I kinda wish I had more money so I could make another one!

This has been another: Useless Fact.

0bscurity
01-18-2004, 11:39 AM
It's ok. I'm sure it'll turn out good when it's done. ^-^ Our Squall won't even have his gunblade because of how last minute he wanted to do it.

._. Meep, I hope so. x__X It looks ok, but I'm worried that it's not strong enough to handle the abuse I plan to put it through. X_x; I'll probably end up walking around saturday with a gun, and a blade.

visulstimultion
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
^-^; Well, we'll still know who you're supposed to be, and that's all that metters, ne?

Kou, which 2 costumes didja get finished with?
I'm actually nearly done with Yuffie. I just have to make the boots, the gloves and the head band and then she's finished, YAY!

Artzydivahuf
01-18-2004, 05:27 PM
::sigh:: I too procrastinated on my costume and so I'm now buisily trying to sew my Chii outfit before next Sunday. Luckily, I already have my wig/ears/beads done, so I don't have to worry about those at least.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you all there!!

HealerKou
01-18-2004, 05:33 PM
^-^; Well, we'll still know who you're supposed to be, and that's all that metters, ne?

Kou, which 2 costumes didja get finished with?
I'm actually nearly done with Yuffie. I just have to make the boots, the gloves and the head band and then she's finished, YAY!

Gally and Akari ^_^ I don't know if I'll be able to have a wig for Akari, though. And that annoys me because I'm usually so picky about hair. Oh, well! We'll see!

Gally was easy because I just had to make the jacket and bootcovers. The rest I've had done for like a year. Oh, and style the wig. Which is much better than when I used my real hair before >_<

Right now I'm working of a dumb last-minute idea that is turning out to be the costume from hell. That's what I get for trying to "whip up" a costume.

visulstimultion
01-18-2004, 06:38 PM
^-^; poor thing. i'm at a hitch in the road with Yuffie... figureing out how the hell to make her boots. ^-^; i'm thinking of wearing just a pair of brown dress boots i have..

HealerKou
01-18-2004, 08:13 PM
^-^; poor thing. i'm at a hitch in the road with Yuffie... figureing out how the hell to make her boots. ^-^; i'm thinking of wearing just a pair of brown dress boots i have..

I can't remember what her boots look like exactly, but I'd say to make bootcovers. A friend of mine showed me a method at Otakon last year that I just got to put into practice and it's GREAT! Just trace the side of the shoe you're going to cover (leaving an inch or so for sewing) and then stich on the top and sides, leaving the bottom open. Then slip over the shoe!

OK, I'm sure everyone else in the world already knew how to make them, but I used to do it a really dumb hard way ^_^;

Unlimited Mel
01-19-2004, 04:27 PM
oh wow! I share your pain COMPLETELY!! I am doing a costume and i only have 10%...eek...i'm only going to the convention for one day though *sighs* lol.

Unlimited Mel
01-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I still need to make shoes, get my hair dyed pink (temporarily), make sock things, a skirt, the bow and tuff for a japanese school uniform-ish thing...I didn't even know we were going to Ohayocon until last week, because my brother was dumb and said we couldn't pay at the door *rolls eyes at him* ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!! hahaha...

Bahzi
01-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm right there with ya....4 days to go and I still need to borrow a drill and spade from someone to make holes in my mononoke mask...I've tried knives and other stuff, but not much can get through 3/4" thick plaster of paris cloth. Damn me for leaving my drill back in Cincy! PLus I still have to sew velcro and snaps onto the apron and I'm waiting on the extensions from Dr.Locks for my Aisha braid...I should have been finished by now..but I'm such a procrastinator...and its been one hell of a winter so far with being sick and such...good luck everyone! I'm sure you'll get your costumes done in time! ^_^

visulstimultion
01-19-2004, 05:40 PM
well i figured out pretty much what i wanna do wit hthe boots... they're not gonna be EXACT... but pretty DAMN close... i hope.... i finished the gloves last night... now i just have to do the fishnet gloves that go underneith the orange ones and the head band, then i'm DONE! XD!!!... Then i get to make a Squall and possibly a Vincent cape ^-^;

Paul Soth
01-19-2004, 06:42 PM
I padded out the head of my staff today with a clay-like paper mache mix, and now it's in front of a heater, hopefully dry enough by Wednesday for me to paint right soon. Unless I find a quick and easy way to do it, I'm going to leave out the four prongs on my Tornado Staff, leaving just the base and the ball done.

I'm checking on that thing every several minutes to see how dry it's become, and to make sure nothing bursts into flames...

visulstimultion
01-19-2004, 06:55 PM
^-^; and if it bursts into flames... then you're kinda screwed.

Bobbi
01-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Yuna dress, skirt and hood finished. Just need to make the boots!

visulstimultion
01-19-2004, 11:50 PM
XD!! she's done! there is a god, she's done....*prances around in her newly finished Yuffie costume*....now i jsut have to make a vincent costume and i'm all good!

Starlit Rose
01-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Gah, since my sewing machine absolutely rejects vinyl, I had to do a lot of hand stitching tonight. I sewed that...uhm...don't know what it's called...on a Chinese dress or shirt it's that little...line? that goes from the collar to the side. Yeah, put that on. O.o Took an hour or so, then I stitched both pieces of the collar (THAT was fun). Tomorrow I'll actually have more time to work on it since we get out of school early. I'll cut out sleeves and attatch them, attach the bone pieces, do the eyelets in the back, and then hem the sides. Whoo! At least the worst part's...somewhat over with. o.O

Paul Soth
01-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Got it done. Just need to put another coat of black on the staff to cover up the gray flakes, and touch up the gold in some places. A bit on the ugly side, but it's better then nothing. Got a lot of weight to it too. Hmm, perhaps it'll dry out some more. At least now that's everything.

JgPocky
01-20-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm no longer going to cosplay due to a couple factors.

KnuxieChan
01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
I need to finish my Mars costume. Everything's done by the body suit. That and my dad wasnts to shove a piece of foam into my headpiece to stop the stuffing from falling out. *giggles*That sounds stupid..

Isis Ishtar
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Gyahhh! Good luck on everyone's costumes! I just realized today that my hair will not work for Mana, so I have to go to Yankee Traders again (I just went today!) to pick up a cheap, shoulder-length blonde wig with bangs. Blah. I am not about to cut my hair into bangs (I have been growing it without bangs without really cutting it for about 7 years. It's 2 1/2 feet long and I'm proud of it! Definitely not cutting it like my friends say I should)
But at least I have everything else done (except the jewelry which isn't really much and my dad's gonna pick it up tomorrow). I do need new lipstick, however. I haven't been able to find a bright enough blue. So bluuuuuuueee.... *falls over*

Paul Soth
01-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Heh, threw away the four prongs I had on my staff since they were ugly. Oh well, I skipped a detail or two on the rest of the costume anyway...

Bobbi
01-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Last minute costume change: No Tama, I'm doing an azumanga waitress. I found one of my azumanga hats in my car. Right now, I'm bleaching an old yellowish oxfordish shirt and I'm going to paint the red on with fabric paint. Whee. =P The skirt and apron should take no more than an hour. That'll be the last thing I do. =)

visulstimultion
01-20-2004, 10:49 PM
XD!! Azumanga!!! *WILL cosplay one of the girls, one day*

KnuxieChan
01-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Last minute costume change: No Tama, I'm doing an azumanga waitress. I found one of my azumanga hats in my car. Right now, I'm bleaching an old yellowish oxfordish shirt and I'm going to paint the red on with fabric paint. Whee. =P The skirt and apron should take no more than an hour. That'll be the last thing I do. =)

Eeh, I can't wait to see it! ^.^ Chiyo-Dad hat.. heheh.

Schu
01-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Ah-ha....... I put together my new Isabella (with a punky twist, how odd ^__^), Quistis is complete, I can't find my khaki's for Schuldig or my sunglasses, Mireille lacks only the small belt, and Seung Mina is killing me!! I don't have the shoes, or arm protectors for it!!! And I still have to paint the design over the embroidery on the front skirt panel (forget doing the back too!).... the embroidery came out gorgeous though! Yay!

But I leave tomorrow... blegh! work to do in the morning!

Bobbi
01-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, my Yuna earring didn't arrive today. In anticipation of it not arriving, I made her earring out of fimo beads, and the tassel from wig fiber from a junky light blue walmart wig a friend gave me. I just colored it with markers to give it a nice teal green to blue effect. It looks really nice. =)

KnuxieChan
01-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Ah-ha....... I put together my new Isabella (with a punky twist, how odd ^__^)

Isabella from Paradise Kiss? o.o

Bobbi
01-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Azumanga costume done! Phew. I can relax just a little bit before I pack. ><;

KnuxieChan
01-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Everything for Mars is done.. except the shorts.

Starlit Rose
01-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Ahh, just have to sew three bone-buttons on and add velcro and I'm done completely! Wahaha. x__X;

Schu
01-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Yep yep, parakiss 'Bella. he rocks me.

Eurobeat King
01-22-2004, 02:51 AM
I'm busy finishing up my packing: trying to fit a lot of regular clothes (to keep warm), a couple of costumes (no Ryosuke I decided), and charging batteries and clearing memory cards of any x-mas pics.. I NEED ALL the space I can for pictures.. :thumbsup: Mostly I'm cutting out a lot of cosplay.com cards that I'll be passing out during the con, and since I had over 300 made, I'll spend tonight and tomorrow cutting like mad.. hehe

See you all on Friday, and good luck finishing up!! :skidude2:

BountyBebopLuva
01-22-2004, 03:50 AM
Olivier costume 80% done, Gina Trent costume 100% done. I'm already packing.

visulstimultion
01-22-2004, 04:01 AM
T.T i forgot to make my Giant Ninja star!!.... MUST get up at 8 and finish it.. damnit i don't wanan go to work tomarrow!! Still so much to do!!

Starlit Rose
01-22-2004, 04:51 PM
ARGH! The cosplay pre-judging and walkthrough will be from 11:00-2:30 on Saturday! I won't be able to make the photoshoot. :(

Argh, they have so many things I want to go to at the same times! >/ *bites someone*

The schedule:
http://virtualspace.mine.nu/2004_le_schedule.html

KnuxieChan
01-22-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm all done! ^______^

lilithbunny
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Get this, I brought my little brother as Gaara from Naruto. My mother who lives 3 hours away from me was supposed to help him make the costume, but by the convention, the only thing that was completed was the metal part of the head protector. So basically, his entire costume was made on Saturday morning/early afternoon in the hotel room on a "Sew Cute" tiny pink plastic sewing machine. Unfortunately, we didn't get it done in time and he missed the hall costume contest. However, he was still cute/evil as a 12-year-old Gaara.