PDA

View Full Version : Anime Overdose 2005: Thank You

AElfthone
03-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you everyone who participated in Anime Overdose! We ended up with 618 pre-reg and 1593 people total...that's a 97% attendance increase from Anime Overdose 2004!

My totally incomplete thank-you list is at

http://www.livejournal.com/users/aelfthone/60016.html

I KNOW I AM PROBABLY FORGETTING SOOOOOOO MANY PEOPLE FOR IT...but if I am forgetting you it is because my brain is totally fried right now.

On an additional note...

I am so touched that so many of you came up to me and told me how great of a time you had at our convention. Moments like that make it all worth it, seeing someone genuinely happy.

One girl missed the American cartoon VA session, and her family came in from out of town and they were really dissapointed, so I called Debi Derryberry up really quick, and right in front of the hotel, introduced them personally. After getting an autograph, shaking hands, and hearing Jimmy Neutron's voice, the girl absolutely melted. Her dad and mom instantly went from displeased with the con to completely blown away. I would do the same for anyone in that position in a heartbeat.

I care about all of you guys. Inside, not only are all my staff important to me, but my attendees are as well. We're all a big family, no matter you be staff, dealer, press, guest, attendees, or industry. For all the stress, for all the being completely owned, it was all worth it.

Thank you everybody.

Best,

Rob Pereyda
Co-Chair, AnimeOD

Pikacello
03-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Rob, thank you so much for everything. Sincerely, you are the reason this con was so great. =)

Synchronous BMF
03-08-2005, 09:13 PM
That's quite a lot of credit you give him.

K_Valentine
03-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Thank you for holding the con and I look forward to the next one adn the ones after that.

OniCourseMusha
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
YIKES!! That's a lot of people!! Well I still had fun!!

Pikacello
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I do because it's well-deserved. But that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the hard work of everyone involved. Thank you again, team AOD, it was awesome.

Eurobeat King
03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for everything this past weekend, and it was a LOT of fun, and I'm sooo exhausted from the fun-times I had at AOD, which I found to be more tiring than flying back from a con across the US! :) There were 2 incidents that bothered me (let's just say I'll defend cosplayers over NON-con-attendees anyday..) but overall I had a great time and took a lot of great pictures that are all posted in my gallery. Being at that hotel brought back memories to Yaoicon 2002, and so it helped with remembering the nice locations for photoshoots. And I had fun hanging with friends that attended from both sides of the US, and seeing PLC & the Beautiful Losers in concert were some of the main highlights for me!

Thanks again, and I can't wait until next year!!

LuckInSpades
03-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Thank you, Rob, for putting up with me ^,^; You know all about that. XD

ZiggyB
03-09-2005, 03:34 AM
I had a wonderful time at AoD. One of the very few anime cons where I actually attend the panels to see the guests then just hanging out and cosplaying.

I was able to do both at this con and had a total blast. I've been converted into a PLC fan now. LOL.

I'm very much looking forward to next year. :)

jinnai
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
<--- Don't forget who promoted you at AnimeVegas! har har

liddo-chan
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Thanks to Rob AND Branden and ALL AOD staff ;) You guys did a great job.

Rob, I missed the Cartoon Voice Actors panel too. Can you get Rob Paulsen to sing me all the countries of the world to me over the phone? kidding. really. (though it would be cool.)

Nadeshiko
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
And thanks to YOU for this wonderful convention. It really came out great! I miss AOD already. *hugs*

Synchronous BMF
03-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I do because it's well-deserved. But that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the hard work of everyone involved. Thank you again, team AOD, it was awesome.
Well, Rob did bring it all together. We're all anxious to begin planning for next year, and it hasn't even been a week. Our plans are big, BIG I tell you!

AElfthone
03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, Rob did bring it all together. We're all anxious to begin planning for next year, and it hasn't even been a week. Our plans are big, BIG I tell you!

You give me too much credit (and not enough free food!)

How about don't give me much credit, and then give me much free food? :dance:

Umi
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Thank you AOD for such a well-run convention ^__^

Jubei-chan
03-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I had the time of my life!!! It was all about the wonderful people that I spent time with that weekend. I was very sad to leave. Thanks for putting on a great show! I hope to come back in the comming years!

OoTLink
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Uh, thank you peeps for running what seemed to be such an awesome convention :) Despite the fact I was only there 3 hours, I enjoyed it... a lot.. for 3 hours :D

Thanks to everyone who said hi to me too :) That made it fun hehe..