PDA

View Full Version : Any cosplayers in the San Fransisco, California area???

Shin
01-05-2003, 04:22 PM
'Alo. If you live in the bay area in California(or don't...) we need you!! My friends and I are dressing up as the deathbusters(Witches 5) From Sailor Moon! So far we have Eudial, Tellu, Viluy and possibly the others (Mimette, Pchirol/ Cyprine).... But we don't know... :thumbsup: (ha ha ha!)Our other friends agreed to go with us, but they have been telling us recently that they "might not be ready in time." :o So... if you would like to go to the Japan Sakura festival Parade in San Francisco... (we go from the Civic Center to Japan town) So.. if you're into this idea, please reply to this post... (you can come as any other of the Sailor Moon S characters.)
We will have a website for you.... sometime... We think that the parade is in may... ( but we're not sure... sorry!) We'll have to go to Japan Video in Japan Town to get the info on the parade though (They don't really have a final date for everything until Feb.) And everyone gets prizes for participating! Last year about 300 somewad people showed up, so it's not as lame a anime get-together as you'd think. :lost: And even if you don't want to cosplay as any of the Witches 5, you should still go to the parade. It's really, really fun. I'll try to post some images from past years parade for you guys (Though most of them feature me n' my friends... *wha*)

Well, enough of my nonsensical babble. Please reply if you're interested! Thanks much!

Love,
Shin! (And Callistocharon)

Luna
01-05-2003, 08:21 PM
I have human Luna costume and I live in SF/Bay Area, I would love to go to Sakura Blossoms Festival. :-) I saw cool pic from last years parade at Japan video, and they had pretty much the whole Moon family: Serenity, TM, Chibi or human Diana, not sure....she was purple...hehehe....lcostumes looked REALLLY cool!

Nadeshiko
01-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to make it. *crosses fingers* I'm trying to get a group from SSU to do a X / 1999 sorta thing. If it fails, I'll just do my Pepper thing. I've always wanted to wear that outfit in SF. ^^v I'll have the wings by then.

My friend Katie told me about this. She was last year's winner as Aerith from FF7. We'll both be there. ^^

Gosh, it's been forever since I've gone to Japan Video...

Looking forward to it this year!

katnap007
01-05-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't have a SM costume, but I'm interested in seeing the parade! I saw the pics at the store and got so mad that I missed this years parade. Any info would be great. :D

Callistocharon
01-05-2003, 11:21 PM
A good way to figure out when the festival is is to go to Japantown. Unfortunately, I don't think Japan video has info on it until February.... Hehe.... anyway, it's a sw33t (sorry, bad habit) parade, though this year I hope they don't have a float. When they did that last year, it took away the fun of it all... *sigh*

Luna~ I think it was Diana, actually. It was kind of confusing though. A human Luna would be so sw33t (sorry, bad habit again). I don't think anybody has shown up as her yet (but with my memory...)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-05-2003, 11:43 PM
well, i'll try to attend the sakura festival in J-Town. since i live in Hayward. plus I'll be cosplaying Domon Kasshu from G Gundam and Roger Smith from The Big O at FanimeCon and possibly AX.

Shin
01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
*Squigles!* I'm so happy that you guys want to participate!! Youcan see last years photos by viewing my gallery (have a ball!:rockon: ) And walking isn't all that bad, it's nice to talk and wave at people on the side... sometimes they laugh at you, and other times they want take your picture, etc. But it's all good in the end! I'm so happy! I hope to see all of you there in the end! (And if the Witches 5 thing fails completely I'll be going as someone else:thumbsup: )

Love,
Shin

BTW- my avatar is me in my Skuld outfit from last year! And I agree with Callisto... the float was a bad idea...:o . The winners didn't have to walk with the rest of us like they did 4 years ago-2 years ago.... !(gasp!:eek: )

Lightning Count
01-06-2003, 02:40 AM
Sounds like you guys will have fun....too bad I live 6 hours away from San Fransisco. Anywayz, hope you guys have a great time! ^_^

Michi
01-06-2003, 02:47 AM
Dude. It's gotten so big. X_X It was much smaller originally. ^^ Eeee I'll be participating in the parade probably, as I didn't cosplay last year, but I dunno quite what I'll be doing yet. :o Just not SMS. ^_^; Sorry. Would love to see how the group turns out though~

They never picked the winners before the parade til last year; I agree that float was weird. :O That was weird. x.x Sorta glad I didn't cosplay. X_x

videogirlc
01-06-2003, 03:12 AM
I remember you from Cherry Blossom as Skuld. I have pictures somewhere. I will be attending Cherry Blossom again this year, would love to join you in your group but I have plans for it. I've been in it for 3 years now it's really fun and you get a prize just for parcipitating. Usually always at the end of April. The float was a bad idea, I didn't thing it went well with anime costumes.

Miaka No Baka
01-06-2003, 11:58 AM
my boyfriend and I went last year. We were the Li and Sakura infront of u guys in line ^_^; Yeah the float thing was kinda lame cause like only 6 could go. If they're gonna make a float at least have it so a majority of us can go. Or just have everyone walk with the rest of us who don't win top place ^_^; Hopefully they'll have the costume contest better organized. it was a madhouse picking up your prizes after the parade. And boy did I ever get the worst sunburn I ever had in my life! To this day I still have the marks on my back!

Miaka no Baka

Shin
01-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Ooh! I'll try to make an outfit for X! (I know what you're thinkin' Callisto... I'm still makin' Sugar's outfit((but oh well))) That would be so great! (I loove X and would be willing to go as someone from it! (Yea!)>^^<

Love,
Shin

Callistocharon
01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I hated the float last year, and when I got my prizes they didn't have anything I actually wanted besides an Eva poster. Oh well, hopefully it'll be better this year.

I don't know why, but last year all the of the CCS cosplayers were out en force. It was so weird, for every SM character there were at least two CCS characters. And then the year before I think it was SM characters that were popular. And of course, I went as Ayeka and none of the other Tenchi cosplayers, accepting two, really were very social or understood the point of my screeching.

Does anybody remember towards the end when there was a sudden storm of random insane laughing? That was funny.

Shin~ Well, no, actually I was thinking that if you ditched me I would borrow Kim's Ukyo spatula and start beating you over the head, in my Eudial costume of course.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-06-2003, 09:17 PM
[Announcement]Party at my house on the 22nd of February
Well, minna-san! I have decided to throw a party at my house on the 22nd of next month. socal and norcal peeps are invited to come, in costume or not. if you would like my house addy, please PM me or e-mail me at latinfan@hotmail.com. The Party will start at 2:00 p.m. I hope you guys can come! :D :cheers:

Umi
01-06-2003, 09:26 PM
why are you invading other people's threads DOA?

Anyway.. back to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I doubt I'll participate seeing as I always seem to miss the festival entirely T__T Is the parade the first or second weekend?

Luna
01-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Sunburn? Now I am worried...lol, but isn't it bloody cold in SF in April? That's what I am afraid of....I can use sun lotion to protect me from the sun, plus my human Luna wig pretty much covers my whole back, but I am afraid of the wind (flash alert!) and cold the most!

videogirlc
01-07-2003, 12:33 AM
I remember it rained once during the festival, the other years have been nice and sunny. Usually the 2nd weenkend of the festival that the parade is held, sometime around the end of teh month.

Miaka No Baka
01-07-2003, 01:21 AM
as my luck would have it it was clear sunny and 70 ish weather. the years before I heard it was cloudy overcast and rainy. SF is evil don't ever count on the weather being normal X_X This year I'll wear something a little less revealing on the back and shoulders, and I'm gonna suntan lotion up tons both before, during and after the parade. I never used to have freckles on my back but now I got 1000's X_X

Miaka no Baka

Shin
01-07-2003, 07:28 PM
A party??? Sugoi! *cheers and thinks it's a great idea*!! I wanna come!! :chatah: I'll e-mail you, I 'spose, to get your addy. The party could be a get-to-gether-before-the-parade sorta thing....... or not.......?

And also- the weather. 4 years ago it started raining in the middle of the parade, but for the past couple years it's been nice n' sunny!! Yea! But yea, If you want to you can wear sunscreen, It hasn't been sunny to the point of burning me... (then again my outfits have always covered me up...:skidude2: ) So yea, good times.

any other questions? I'm good to answer!

Love,
Shin

:juggler:

videogirlc
01-08-2003, 04:24 AM
A get together party would be nice. It could be a way to know each other more. Don't know if I'd be able to go yet.

Michi
01-09-2003, 04:53 AM
The parade is usually the second weekend, and last day of the festival. ^^

Umi
01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
^___^ maybe i'll actually remember to go this year

Q-Chan
01-10-2003, 03:54 AM
When/Where is this? I have an Eternal Sailor Moon fuku, and I'd LOVE to attend! I live in San Hoe, but I can easily make it out that way!!!

videogirlc
01-10-2003, 05:06 AM
Starts at San Francisco civic center and ends at Japan Town.

Shin
01-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Yosh! A Sailor Moon! *giddles* She isn't really eternal in S... but it'll be so great to have you there!!... DOA (right??) Is having a get together party...thing... at his house on the 22nd of Feb, yes?, in Hayward where (anyone who can make it) will be able to meet before the parade....? Anyways. I'm glad I got another one! *cheers*!! I hope to talk with you later, Q-chan!

Love,
Shin

Shin
01-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Anywho, I'm glad I started this board to meet all of you. I hope to see you at the get-to-gether and I also hope to see you at the parade. I'm going to Japan Town soon to find out when the exact date of the parade is, though we're pretty sure it's the second week of the month. Any other info anyone else has?

Love,
Shin

bANgZ
01-14-2003, 07:31 PM
hm

i wished i lived in SF!!

i would probably cosplay everyday ^_^

LuckInSpades
01-15-2003, 02:35 AM
I too am in the SF Bay area, but I haven't made a costume like you are looking for (yet!) Go ahead and send me an email (email addy is in profile, I think!) ^,^ I am very interested.

Karrzor
01-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Once you get some more definate answers as to when I can say for certain if I can come. If it turns out I can I promise I will do my best to have my Guntank done in time to roll down in the parade with you guys. Until then...

...Sieg Cosplayers!

videogirlc
01-20-2003, 08:07 PM
They have the info on the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade already up at Japan Video the date is sunday April 20th.

Shin
01-23-2003, 03:07 PM
So the parade is on Easter Sunday?? Well, anyways. Do you know why time it starts at, C-chan?? If you know it would be very helpfull...^^;;;!! :eek:

Love,

Shin!

videogirlc
01-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Easter sunday? You're right it is.
10:30 check in
11:00 Costume contest starts
1:00-3:00 parade
No news on weather they'll have the oh so lovely float again this year. We'll see.

Daitenshi
01-25-2003, 12:56 AM
I hope I can make it this year O.o
I was in the first one and it felt wierd to not be in Cali last time ^^;;

Shin
01-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Alright! So far, for my Deathbusters group, I have:

Eudial, Mimette(I think..), Telluu, Viluy, Cyprine, and Kaori Knight.

From Sailor Moon S I have:

Human Luna, and Sailor Moon.

I still need a Puichrol (I'll either ask my friend or find someone), Mistress 9, and Prof. Tomoe.

If I get everyone they're be 11 of us... and anyother people who want to join. (Ha.. we'll beat the Card Captor Group this year! [rejoice!])

So if anyone would like to fill these spots, you're welcome to do so. Thank you!

Love,
Shin

videogirlc
01-25-2003, 09:04 PM
You got almost the whole Witches 5 group cool. Can't wait to see the group Shin. I hope to finish my Rayearth costumes in time.

Shin
01-25-2003, 10:23 PM
http://witches5.narod.ru/w5.html

I found a site with all of the Witches 5 info you could ever hope for!

And C-chan- werent you and your boyfriend Ayeka and Tenchi in the parade last year infront of me and my friend? And also, which Magic Knight are you going to be? (I can't wait to see!)

Love,

Shin

videogirlc
01-27-2003, 04:37 AM
Yup we were the Tenchi pair, I remeber you to. I'm working on a Umi costume for me and an Ascot for my boyfriend. If I get them done in time we'll wear them for Cherry Blossom, otherwise we'll goes as Miroku and Sango.

Shin
01-30-2003, 07:20 PM
UPDATE!

I've got all of the Witches 5 and Prof. Tomoe!!!

BUT I REALLY NEED A MISTRESS 9!
If anyone's interested.... ^^

you can e-mail me if you'd like to fill this position!, Thanks!

Love,

Shin

Kenshin Ken
01-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Man I missed this thread by a long shot ^^;;

I'm in the area, literally ^^; and I've been attending the CBF since 00' ^^. last year I was Clive from suikoden 2. I'll be attending this year of course ^^. although I'm not too sure what I'll bringthis time around ^^;

Shin
01-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Nice to meet you Ken Ken... (eh? :thumbsup: )

You can be a Sailor Moon character(If you'd like... and if you don't think Sailor Moon's too girly :lost: )

I'm not quite sure who you can be, to tell you the truth... Tuxedo Mask, maybe?? *hohoho....* or not...

Anywho, glad you found the board!... And if you didn't read through the whole board, there'll be a party on Feb. 22... at someone's house... in Hayward... (I've gotta bad memory here...) If you could come, and any one else who'd like to attend, that'd be really great... (really great...? or not....) anywho...

Love,

Shin
:sunny:

RyuHayabusaDOA2
02-04-2003, 04:50 PM
well, if anyone is interested from this thread coming to the party that i'm throwing in 2 weeks, let me know, ok?
I'll see if I can premiere my Domon costume at the CBF also :D

Luna
02-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Crap, why did they have to make the Parade on Easter Sunday? What about all the family stuff.....*sigh* Lots of thinking to do, how to squez all this in one day...

Shin
02-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Alright, so the parade is on Easter Sunday. This will be a hard one, but if you do decide to go to church you could either go to a morning Easter 'session' or an evening one, if your church offers it. I'm going to skip celebrating Easter this year in the morning and instead celebrate after the parade in the evening.

And I still need a Mistress 9 to make our group complete. Please e-mail me if you're interested in being Mistress 9. I have a wig that works as her hair (The wig I used last year when I was Skuld) So all you would have to do is make her outfit, which is an easy shirt and a long white skirt. Thank you very much.

Yesterday Callisto and myself went to Japan Town and signed ourselves up for the parade. If you go to Japan Video and sign up you'll see Diana(Mimette), Mike(Dr. Tomoe), Jaime*AkA*Callisto(Eudial), and myself, Sigrid*AkA*Shin(Tellu) on the list, so you'll know who we are and who's all in the group, etc... (not making any sense....)

PS: Callisto!!! We forgot to sign Berti up! (Yargh) Could you call her and tell her to sign herself up next time she goes to J.T.? Or we'll go again sometime and sign her up....y'know?

Thanks for participating in this Thread!!

Love,

Shin

Kozispoon
02-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Anime parade in SanFran?? Wow, and all this time I just thought we had the Yaoi con..YaY! My college is at the civic center! I would so love to go! ehhe, no Sailor moon though, sorry. Too cute for my taste

videogirlc
02-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Yaay more people signed up. I went there on friday and they told me to sign up because they were worried since only 9 people had signed up. I went ahead and signed up and told them why they're freaked out if every year it keeps growing.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
02-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Shin: if you get this message, the party is at my house this weekend, so this is a reminder.

and speaking of costumes, I should work on my Domon Costume as well :D

Luna
02-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Ok, hold on, do we have to sign in? I thought if we go as a SM group only one person sighs up for the group, darn...and I was just there in Japan video on Monday! If I only knew....
Now I will have to go back there soon....

videogirlc
02-20-2003, 01:52 AM
Luna you can just call them and register over the phone.

Shin
02-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Hey... the parade is starting at the Civic Center again this year right...? (Like always...??) heh^^ I can't really remember and my friend was wondering if he should ride the BART there, etc. Thanks ya!

Love,

Shin

videogirlc
02-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Yup same starting place, I dunno if the BART stops on Van Ness. I know the udergroung Muni line does. You gonna ride the BART in costume?

moo
02-23-2003, 01:46 AM
The number for Japan Video and Media for signing up over the phone: 415-563-5220. Ask for William or Tak. When I went on Friday, there were around 25 folks signed up.

To get to the Van Ness station from BART, get out at any of the overlapping stations before it: Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, or Civic Center and transfer over to Muni. Although... why would you want to get out at Van Ness Station? It's the same number of blocks to walk from Civic Center Station or Van Ness to City Hall.

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 11:53 AM
I want to go!!!!!!!!!............oh heck..I WILL GO!!! BWAHAHAHA!!
Well, if I go.....*i doubt ill have time to make a new outfit in time* so ..ill probably go as Link........well, i guess ill see you guys there! LOOK FOR ME!! <\^_^/>

Michi
02-24-2003, 01:14 PM
*spaz* Cherry Blossom Festival only in two months! I hope my friends and I can make the Rayearth armor in time. ^^;

I wonder if we should try for a Cosplay.com group shot? Haha. :3

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 01:18 PM
ill join you!......but im going as link.........

okay....i never been to the sf cherry blossom fest before......i need help on where, and when it is, and anything extra i need to know about the cosplay, the contests...or what ever..

thanks a bunch!

Michi
02-24-2003, 03:08 PM
For the Cherry Blossom Festival, sometime before the actual event you need to sign up at Japan Video in Japantown in SF. ^^ They'll start signing up within the next month, I'm sure. (Or maybe already if they've got a date down this early? o.o) Then just show up at whatever designated time on April 20th, sign in, and... march. XDD I'm sure Japan Video will have an informative flyer available soon enough. Mew.

videogirlc
02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
They're already taking sign ups so go sign up or call them and sign up.

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 04:44 PM
where do i call them? becasue i really dont want to miss it this year...

Michi
02-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Wow, already? If I go to Japantown on Saturday I'll hafta sign up my group~

I don't think they'll cut off anyone from signing up or anything like that; but if you can't make time to go into Japan Video itself, the number is (415) 563-5220.

http://www.bayareaanime.com/japanvideo.html XDD

ClutZGurl
02-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Hmmm... @ "Fransisco" :p

Anyway, I'm going for sure (even if it's just to mingle for an hour or two)... and I might go as Ferio from MKR, but I'm unsure since I've been working on another costume almost nonstop. ^^;

*glares at Michi-kins*

PikminLink
02-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Okay....im going to try and call them this week....I really want to go!!!

Does any one know what day it will be on?

Michi
02-25-2003, 02:30 PM
You SHOULD be Ferio, Rene. :F Mweeee. If we get armor done. T_T

The parade'll be Easter Sunday the 20th of April. o.o I think there should be an egg hunt mid-parade. XDDD

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 03:05 PM
okay..April 20th.......what time will the whole festival be? ......so..Michi, your going?

Michi
02-25-2003, 03:24 PM
It usually starts at like 9 am. I'm sure there'll be better info when you sign up. ^^ Like I need to. x.x I'll definately be there~ I've gone ever year since 2k. :D

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 03:36 PM
9am?????? **......Sf is like a 2 hour drive from my house......um thats with traffic....um without....maybe 1.5 or 1......well i guess ill be leaving my house around 7am...........-_-''

Michi
02-25-2003, 03:42 PM
*ponder* I think the earliest cosplayers usually need to be there is 10 am, if I'm not horribly incorrect. ^^; Last year I didn't cosplay, so I've forgotten. u.u

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Well if its 10 then thats a better time for me... who are you going to dress up as? um that is if your going to cosplay?

Michi
02-25-2003, 04:11 PM
I just remembered there's a thread for it hidden in the Others section. *goes to pull it up* http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6712 Shazam!

I'm gonna be cosplaying.. um.. *attaches image to thread* That. I hope. If my friends and I start on armor work soon, that is~ ._.

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 04:28 PM
cool.....

umi....thats going to look cool.....................finish it!!!! grr.. FINISH IT!!!

Michi
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
I've already found my wig and plan to buy fabric for the main outfit this weekend. ^^ Then gotta start planning out the armor. ^^; Gaaah armor. *scared*

PikminLink
02-25-2003, 04:33 PM
well....i wish you good luck ^_^

........um i have to go now, im starting my next class......art......in 15min..............this is one long class...its from 2-5....but its fun...hehehe paint all day..........i was on my break for 1 hour.....hehehe

Michi
02-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Goodness, I'm glad it's fun. I couldn't take a three hour class unless I really liked the subject. O_O

To keep on topic.. um... yes.. SF is cool.. um.. *runs away*

Shin
02-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Yes!!! I gained more people!! *Thinks she's doing Japan Video a great service by recruiting animefans*

It would be really cool if we could get a big group together!! I'll be having 11 Sailor Moon People (Wha ha ha... take that Sakura!!) And a bunch of other people being.. other characters... So it'd be a hella big Photo there.

Para Link-chan:

The Parade Check-in time is at 10:30am
The parade costume judging begins at 11:00am
And the parade itself starts at 1:00pm and lasts until 3:00pm where we will be traveling from the Civic Center to Japan Town on foot... (Except for those dirty over-achievers who get to loiter on there fancy-pants float) *All jealous and such*

********ATTENTION!********

I still need one MISTRESS 9 to participate and complete my cast of villians for the parade *wicked giggle* Go here and click around to see some pictures of her and the rest of the Witches!:
A really cool Russian DeathBuster's Site!!(Joy!) (http://witches5.narod.ru/w5.html)

Thanks for your ....uhh... participation!!

Maybe I'll have a before-the-parade-get-together for all of us sometime (When my house is clean....) So we can all meet eachother and such before the.. parade...? Sound like a fun idea?... (I don't know anymore... :thumbsup: ha!) anyways, enjoy. And post any new updates anyone can get about the parade or their costumes or whatever. Toodles!

Love,

Shin

Michi
02-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Are they really gonna do the float again? ^^; That was a new thing for '02.. never saw it before.. freaked me out. @_x

videogirlc
02-27-2003, 01:41 AM
No news on another Safeway float yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Michi
02-27-2003, 01:52 AM
That was so silly/crazy last year. :P I showed up late and was like O____O

PikminLink
02-27-2003, 04:34 PM
...........that must have sucked..........well this is the first time i will be going so...the whole thing will be new to me

videogirlc
02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
The float just didn't match the cosplayers. What does Safeway have to do with anime.

moo
02-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by videogirlc
The float just didn't match the cosplayers. What does Safeway have to do with anime.

Anime --> cosplayers --> hungry cosplayers --> food --> Safeway ^_^

PikminLink
02-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by moo
Anime --> cosplayers --> hungry cosplayers --> food --> Safeway ^_^

um yeah ....that is kind of true ^^ ehehehe.......yum..fooooood

videogirlc
02-28-2003, 04:19 AM
Okay thats true.

Shin
02-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Food?.... not Safeway, but Alberstons is the place to go! or like... stuff....

How did we get onto FOOD! (Yargh...)

MISTRESS 9, anyone?? (With a side of Pharoah 90??)

Love,

Shin

Michi
02-28-2003, 10:09 PM
If you're looking for more people for a Sailormoon group, either post a new thread in Seeking Cosplayers specifically for Cherry Blossom, or post to the Cherry Blossom thread in the Others forum. ^^

Shin
03-09-2003, 08:26 PM
I'll do that then, Michi. Thanks for the suggestion! (I wouldn't have thought of doing that ^^;;;)

So! I look forward to seeing you all the parade~!

Love,

Shin

PikminLink
03-10-2003, 04:44 PM
yay!! parade!! ^.^

Shin
03-17-2003, 06:43 PM
eh.... indeed.

For most schools (well... mine and a couple others that I know of...) Spring break is before the parade this year (Yea!) So that'd be a great week to do nothing other than finish up reports(if you have any) and work on your costume!

I dunno... incase you had something else planned for the parade... or something....

(not like this needs to be added or anything... it just took me some time to put together, so here are all the details on the parade we've got sofar):

Details on when the parade is~

The Parade Check-in time is at 10:30am
The parade costume judging begins at 11:00am
And the parade itself starts at 1:00pm and lasts until 3:00pm where we will be traveling from the Civic Center to Japan Town on foot

Details on how to join the parade~

The number for Japan Video and Media for signing up over the phone: 415-563-5220. Ask for William or Tak, or you could visit their web site and email them at http://www.bayareaanime.com/japanvideo.html
Or you could go down to Japan Video on Japan Town and sign up there.
Details on how to reach the parade~

You could always drive into Japan Town and then take a taxi down to the Civic Center, Which I usually do. Or you could take BART and get off at Civic Center Station and walk across the street to City Hall where the parade begins at.

Ta~Da!

Love,

Shin

Shin
04-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Alright! The parade is almost here! Now's the time to get all of your last minute cosplaying needs out of the way! I'm just about finished with my Tellu outfit. I'll take pictures and post them so you'll know what I look like at the parade (ASAP...)
********(FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS OR NEEDS A RIDE TO SAN FRANCISCO!!)*******
I'm having everyone meet at my house the morning of the parade and we'll be carpooling from there. I live in Walnut Creek (About 30 mins away from SF ((depending on traffic.... u.u))) So if anyone lives near Walnut Creek/ Lafayette/Moraga (Etc....) And you need a ride to the parade PM me or reply to this ...or something... and I'll give you my address and directions to my house, etc.
There'll be about 12 people competing for seats in one of the many cars we're taking (so reserve your seat today... - -;; ).

I'm only offering this because I know that somepeople aren't able to get there do to certain things (Shrug)

... and I'd have to talk with my mom, but, if you decide to drive up the night before for some reason you could always stay at my house... (Gee.. arent I generous?)

Well, See you at the parade!

-Shin

Michi
04-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Might wanna add this to the Cherry Blossom thread in the Others forum.

Shin
04-10-2003, 08:55 PM
There's another Cherry Blossom thread??

Michi
04-10-2003, 09:12 PM
..^^; There's an actual, big Cherry Blossom thread, yes.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6712

^_^

Shin
04-10-2003, 10:21 PM
(jaw drop).... I had no idea... seriously... (should have post my stuff in there.... meh....)

Michi
04-10-2003, 10:29 PM
It's not like you can't. :P Go repeat it there! XD