PDA

View Full Version : April Gathering

Link Arroway
03-12-2005, 02:20 PM
I know its soon after the last big gathering in early March, but maybe a mid-to-late April gathering would be alright, otherwise we'll have to WAIT FOR ANIMAZEMENT :P I'm going to see if I can reserve a clubhouse for us to use and maybe we can have a private big area to use. Watch this space for more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED Gathering Announced!
-----------------------------------------------------------
When: Saturday, April 30th! 11AM - 4PM
Info: Park map & Guide (http://www.wakegov.com/NR/rdonlyres/07198EB2-719A-4D1B-AED7-3B55898910A0/5880/BlueJayPoint_brochure.pdf)
Directions: Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.96639&longitude=-078.6469) (Please note that map uses longitude and latitude because automated map sites cannot find the park correctly!)
They have driving directions written out on the site from all places, check the bottom of this post or here (http://www.wakegov.com/NR/rdonlyres/07198EB2-719A-4D1B-AED7-3B55898910A0/5879/DirectionstoBJP.doc)

Note~ If you had my cell for backup incase you need to call if you're lost or to find us or something, as of February 2005 it has changed! PM me if you want the new number.

Gathering Suggestions: Cosplay! It's spring and should be warm and sunny!
It's a park, so expect lots of grass and trees~ Good open landscape for photography as well as playing. A short walk down an open trail leads to a sandy open area by Falls Lake too!
And Picnic! Parking is right beside the playground, picnic tables, and largest open grassy feild (all in one spot!) and they have grills we could use. We could bring food and stuff and setup for a nice picnic where we wouldn't have to bring blankets to sit in the grass.
And incase it changes to look like it will rain a lot, we might want to come up with a plan of what to do in that case. Or we could all dress waterproof and bring umbrellas and have a gathering in the rain. For now it looks like it will be sunny and in the 70s :D Yay

Parking area beside playground (picnic tables and feild are here too, but if you dont see the playground you might be in the wrong place)
http://ccr.kukaionline.com/bluejay.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
WRITTEN DIRECTIONS!!
I'm not responsible for this so please bring a map incase you get lost ^^
Or the cellphone number of a knoledgable person :D
---------------------------------------------------
Directions to BJP:

From East and Southeast - I-440 Outer or I-540W: Raleigh, Knightdale, Zebulon, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Rocky Mount, Wilson
Take Hwy. I-440 Outer or I-540 West.
Exit onto Six Forks Rd., heading NORTH, out of Raleigh
Continue on Six Forks Rd., approx. 2.5 mi. after I-540.
Now there should be a sign for Hwy-98 and a Citgo gas station on the right and the Bay Leaf Volunteer Fire Station and water tower on the left. At this point, take a physical LEFT turn onto Six Forks Rd. (from Six Forks Rd.). If you had continued straight, you would have been on Possum Track Rd.
Continue to follow Six Forks Rd. across one bridge over the Lake. At the next full street intersection, take a RIGHT onto Pleasant Union Church Rd.
This road will take you into the park.

From West and Southwest - I-440 Inner or I-540E: Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Charlotte
Take Hwy. I-440 or I-540 North/East.
Exit onto Six Forks Rd., heading NORTH, out of Raleigh
Continue on Six Forks Rd., approx. 2.5 mi. after I-540.
Now there should be a sign for Hwy-98 and a Citgo gas station on the right and the Bay Leaf Volunteer Fire Station and water tower on the left. At this point, take a physical LEFT turn onto Six Forks Rd. (from Six Forks Rd.). If you had continued straight, you would have been on Possum Track Rd.
Continue to follow Six Forks Rd. across one bridge over the Lake. At the next full street intersection, take a RIGHT onto Pleasant Union Church Rd.

From Northeast - Hwy-98W: Wake Forest
Take Hwy-98W/Durham Rd. heading WEST toward Durham.
Turn LEFT at the light onto Six Forks Rd. (to the right, the road is called New Light Rd.)
Go across one bridge over the Lake and continue to the top of the next hill. At the top of the hill is a full street intersection. Take a LEFT here onto Pleasant Union Church Rd.
From I-85N: Durham
Take I-85N/Hwy-70E east towards Raleigh/Wake Forest
Take the exit after Hwy-55/Avondale Rd. onto Hwy-70E, towards the airport
Exit off of Hwy-70E onto Hwy-98E/Wake Forest Highway.
After crossing Hwy-50/Creedmoor Rd. (big intersection in the middle of nowhere), take a RIGHT at the next light onto Six Forks Rd. This street is labeled New Light Rd. on the left and Six Forks Rd. on the right.
Go across one bridge over the Lake and continue to the top of the next hill. At the top of the hill is a full street intersection. Take a LEFT here onto Pleasant Union Church Rd.

Star_Angel
03-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Yay a gatheirng in April! if you cant get the clubhouse we could always do a picnic or something since April is warmer. I have one question though? is there any way we oculd not have it on the 9th or 23rd, Im scheduled to work those two days (just checked my schedule since Im at work now, lol) so I could come? if not I can check and see about switching with the other weekend person!

veePLUS
03-12-2005, 03:16 PM
i'm new to this place (i wanted to sign up officially but the member list thread is locked O_o) and i was wonderin what kind of stuff you guys do at these gatherings. do you all already know eachother? i'm pretty introverted around people i've just met and i'm afraid that if i went i'd be off in a corner by myself XD. btw, i live in cary, north carolina!

End Lifeking
03-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Sounds good...hopefully by the time this meetup happens I will have one of my other costumes done. Also like to say hello to enigmatic0abyss :waves: its always good to meet new people.

Miaku
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
clubhouse? what a clubhouse? is that like a club or what? *blushes*

Kilayi
03-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Miaku: a clubhouse is something you can rent for large groups, and for parties and whatnot. Its basically just a large open building.

And, what if we can't get a clubhouse? What would be alternate plans? I think another visit to the zoo as a group would be nice. If not this time, the next time we meet or so :D

Goddess Cookie
03-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I agree with Kilayi, if the clubhouse doesn't happen then the zoo would work just as well! Though the clubhouse thing would be cool to!

Crux_Mana
03-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Me and my tag-a-longs are gonna try and make it this time. FOr March we were all sick and it was just nasty.::frowns big::And welcome to the new person!::smiles and waves::We are also new! Hope to hear more about this! :jjacks:

Namakemono
03-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Where is the meetup going to be held? I'm in Raleigh-Durham (I live 10 minutes from Animazement :D) and I'd like to meet some of ya'll...

Lila
03-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I would definitely like to join y'all for this...I had to leave the day of the last meet-up to go home. :( Also, I can't make it to AZ, so this is going to be my big chance! ^_^

Lovelyangel_81
03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Mid-April sounds good. It's probably good forme because I may not make it to AZ. Sadness...

Purple Flames
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Sounds good to me. I'd be cool if we could have it on the 13th since that's my birthday, hehe, but whatever the case as long we have a meetup I'm fine.

Miaku
03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
umm...asheboro zoo????? yipes and where is animazement or w/e it is...im tired sry if my spelling is messed up...
i think someting outdoors would be nice, like a park! *big smile* i love the park and the outdoors! my mom would like me to get outdoors and run around which i normally dont do except for on mondays when i have horseback riding lessons, so i place suggestion for a park, maybe greensboro park or bur-mill, for the april gathering

nixxer
03-14-2005, 09:35 AM
oh goody another meeting, I was hoping to get a chance to attend one before AZ...hopefully this will be it, I wanted to attend the last one, but I got very sick plus I had to take care of some stuff here *sigh* I figure by mid-late april I could definetly take some time off, everyone else at work is taking weekend after weekend off leaving me to catch their slack, so by next month I'll need a break or I might die x_x I might even be willing to go all the way to the zoo...its sooo far...but if you guys choose something a little closer I wouldnt mind that either :thumbsup:

Miaku
03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
hey nixxer, is that kyo-kun on your avatar!?!? FURUBA ROCKS! sry lol im hyper but id like it if we could do something in greensboro

nixxer
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
it was lol, but I changed it :thumbsup: I love furuba myself, one of my fav series (off topic yes but oh well) its always nice to meet a fellow fan

Miaku
03-14-2005, 10:32 AM
:sunny: :japan: :bouncer: im hyper

Chukkie
03-14-2005, 03:31 PM
My vote goes to somewhere on the East side of Raleigh for a change. But that's just me.

Namakemono
03-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Raleigh sounds good to me. Greensboro would be too far D:

KawaiiEdea
03-14-2005, 03:52 PM
if the clubhouse thing doesn't work out,a picnic gathering at that Bur-Mil park sounds much better than going to the zoo- again.., it probably wouldn't be as hot as last time ,but there wasn't much to do besides walk around and look at animals. I'm not a big zoo person anyhow :X XD

Miaku
03-14-2005, 04:48 PM
((:waaaah: :bigcry: :blubber: i just got bad news, this is off topic, but my greant aunt and uncle just died in a fire at their house today around 11:00 am

this was her sencond husband, her first, as i was told, was hit by a car while he was riding the lawn mower trying to get the mail... sry to go off topic))

Lovelyangel_81
03-14-2005, 05:48 PM
^Awww...I am sorry to hear that. *hugs*

Miaku
03-14-2005, 06:50 PM
*cries in lovelyangel's arms* it's kinda scary when you think about how someone you love so much can be taken away so quickly while you're out riding your bike with a friend trying to work the gears...i was at a friend's house watching animes and planning a Furuba club sleep over when it happened. when i got home everyone was quiet and my bro's GF was there

Kage Red Tiger
03-14-2005, 10:41 PM
i'm new to this place (i wanted to sign up officially but the member list thread is locked O_o) and i was wonderin what kind of stuff you guys do at these gatherings. do you all already know eachother? i'm pretty introverted around people i've just met and i'm afraid that if i went i'd be off in a corner by myself XD. btw, i live in cary, north carolina!

Hey, I completely understand where ur comin from and its ok im new, can be introvert together :bigtu: :bigtu:

hentaigirl82
03-15-2005, 10:42 AM
"Hugs Miaku" sweetie im so sorry I will keep your family and you in my prays. Im sure that everyone in this group is here for you and love you.

*~Antagonist~*
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
if the clubhouse thing doesn't work out,a picnic gathering at that Bur-Mil park sounds much better than going to the zoo- again.., it probably wouldn't be as hot as last time ,but there wasn't much to do besides walk around and look at animals. I'm not a big zoo person anyhow :X XD

you're coming back in april right? you'd better lol.

anyway, I'm gonna try to make this one. anywhere is fine with me, as long as it's not too far. Cause i'm lazy lol.

nixxer
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
My vote goes to somewhere on the East side of Raleigh for a change. But that's just me.

My vote is for something east as well, it sucks there arnt more of us on the east coast, but it makes the meetings hard to attend when you have to go 2+ hours west to get anywhere.

GreatSG
03-15-2005, 12:34 PM
My vote is for something east as well, it sucks there arnt more of us on the east coast, but it makes the meetings hard to attend when you have to go 2+ hours west to get anywhere.

Hey i'd love more meetups that were west of Greensboro, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon. :P

peachrin
03-15-2005, 04:42 PM
waaaah! i can't believe you guys already started planning. @.@ i do believe i'll be able to make this one.
i have nothing to do in april but cosplay makin'! :D
well, that and school...

Miaku
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
well, if you guys arent gonna do a get-together thing in greensboro, tell me cause me and my Furuba club can always have one or join you! i'd just have to not tell my mom about this one...and then ask her if the club could have a picnic. i talked to her about the whole thing today and she said it was because she didnt know anyone and what would she do for that long period i would be there, and she said she just doesnt get the whole 'anime thing' ... but she says she has no problem with me likeing it.

((ok, this is TOTALLY off topic but i think i got syrup on my jeans this morning whne i was eating my waffles... *sniffs the knee of her jeans* smells goooood *drools*))

Kage Red Tiger
03-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Look if the meet in April is in conjunction wioth evrybodies living locations, but in my honest opinion i think Raliegh would be choice.

Terumi
03-15-2005, 08:09 PM
As much as I really wanted to go to the last one, at the very last moment I wasn't able to make it. :waaaah: So I'd be teribly happy to meet up with you guys again before AZ. I'd be happy meeting at the clubhouse or someplace where we could take some nice pictures.
Links house (near the clubhouse, right?) isn't too far away from mine so maybe if I bring some churros or cookies they'll still be warm by the time I get there LOL Anyway, I'd really love to see you all. So I can't wait!

nixxer
03-16-2005, 09:00 AM
well, if it is held over in the greensboro area or anywhere like that then I'll still plan to go, and anyone else who's over here on the east coast who wants to go can carpool with me, that way we can all save on gas (dies from gas prices)

Miaku
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
yea the gas prices for unleaded are like, 1.97 here!!!! my mom has a heart attack every time we have to fill up XP i just want to get to see everyone sometime, because you all sound so nice and i think you'd like me....but that's a little vain isnt it? lol, sryness *sweatdrop*

Chukkie
03-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Look if the meet in April is in conjunction wioth evrybodies living locations, but in my honest opinion i think Raliegh would be choice.

I wouldn't mind going to Raleigh if I could carpool with Nix. Gas is retardedly high. It's 2.07 a gallon here in Havelock. Needless to say I'm walking quite a bit more.
Thanks to my new position at the work place I get much more flexibility in my hours plus my coworkers can't screw me over like they did last time I tried to get to a get together.

RHIshida
03-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Prices here are like, $2.03 now at the least expensive, but I agree with having the gathering in Raleigh, but I dunno if we could have it at Link's house due to the potential amount of people that could come. I think the clubhouse or a larger location is probably the only choices for a group this large, assuming at least half of everyone shows up. I think we should also look around other places in the area and start listing them here, so if Link can't get the clubhouse, we can still have a place to gather.

Chukkie
03-16-2005, 08:19 PM
There any parks we could hang out at in Raleigh?

Tigress
03-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Don't know about Raleigh, but there's a city park in Durham (Eno River).

Miaku
03-17-2005, 07:35 AM
im going to bur-mil with the furuba club if you guys go to raleigh, cause i need to go somewhere near home (my home) lol

Star_Angel
03-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Just wondering when we were gonna pick a time for the gathering? I suggest the 16th or 30th just because those are the only two days I could go. what days work for everyone else, and what day could you get the clubhouse for Link?? (if we had it at the clubhouse that is)

Goddess Cookie
03-20-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't think I could make anything outside of the highpoint area...I could try but I doubt that getting there is going to be possible...I'll try to make it anyway...

Chukkie
03-20-2005, 10:03 AM
30th would be good for me since I'm planning on being in Maryland the second weekend of April

Miaku
03-20-2005, 01:17 PM
yeah i just got the impression that some peeps dont think it's good for a 13 year old girl to cosplay, thus ending something that never started, byebye :wave: :walkoff:

Chukkie
03-20-2005, 03:45 PM
yeah i just got the impression that some peeps dont think it's good for a 13 year old girl to cosplay, thus ending something that never started, byebye :wave: :walkoff:

Dude, cosplay is fun for all ages. You shouldn't let someone else's opinion influence your own. But if you've got your mind set on not giving it a try :bigcry: I won't stop you.

Miaku
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
i aint no dude, lol Miaku a girl. anyway, i want to try, but several people keep saying that im too young to do this, and i need help with this all. sorry that i whine so much.

Star_Angel
03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
i aint no dude, lol Miaku a girl. anyway, i want to try, but several people keep saying that im too young to do this, and i need help with this all. sorry that i whine so much.
If you can sew or at least match clothing to look like a charcters then your cosplaying no help involved. I mean I gone to Az with someone who was younger then 12 for awhile now (she's 13) and she's cosplayed each time. I mean you dont have the transportation like the people who are older but i mean if you want to cosplay dont let someone tell you otherwise.

Miaku
03-20-2005, 06:30 PM
yeah, i let them get under my skin, ive not been having a good day :(

Chukkie
03-20-2005, 07:41 PM

lol I know. Just a figure of speech. If your having a bad day or something then IM me. I'm good at listening and I'm always online :razz: ...Not to sound like an internet pedophile or anything :walkoff: I think I'll stop talkking now :thumbsup:

Tohma
03-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Yay another meetup ^_^ I can't wait for another cosplay outting. For me any date but the 16th would be good, since I have a horse show on that day. *gasp* the other hobby takes precedence for once. ~_^ As far as gathering spots...I'll travel wherever I need to travel. I've driven the 3 hours to Raleigh before, I can do it again ^^ I figure, if I can drive 10 hours to Otakon without a problem, 3 is really a piece of cake...even if gas prices are going to render me penniless X_x...*shrug* I have to buy it ever four days for my trip to W-S for work everyday anyway.

Tigress
03-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Yay another meetup ^_^ I can't wait for another cosplay outting. For me any date but the 16th would be good, since I have a horse show on that day. *gasp* the other hobby takes precedence for once. ~_^ As far as gathering spots...I'll travel wherever I need to travel. I've driven the 3 hours to Raleigh before, I can do it again ^^ I figure, if I can drive 10 hours to Otakon without a problem, 3 is really a piece of cake...even if gas prices are going to render me penniless X_x...*shrug* I have to buy it ever four days for my trip to W-S for work everyday anyway.

Ouch! Thank the gods I only live 10-15 min. from my office. I could squeeze out more from my tank if I didn't insist on driving an hour twice a week to taekwondo. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :P

And any time that's not the last week if April is good for me. My husband and I are thinking of (finally) going on our honeymoon to Disneyworld. >^_^<

nixxer
03-21-2005, 09:33 AM
anytime is good for me providing I have enough time to ask off from work I.E atleast a week notice but the sooner I let them know the easier it is.
Im glad my spring break is coming up next week, hopefully I'll get some costume work done...unless I procrastinate again(Im so bad at that)

Miaku
03-21-2005, 06:44 PM
:D if you guys to go to raliegh or something, pretend im there! lol!
Tohma, you said you had a show right? when and where? is it the oak risdge easter show?!?! im gonna be in that one!! my first show *smiles proudly* on my beacutiful horse *trumphiant music* Harmony In Motion! :D * hugs her baby (horse)* i wuv harmony, i have a link to a webbie with pics of her and my other horses on my profile XD

Tohma
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
:D if you guys to go to raliegh or something, pretend im there! lol!
Tohma, you said you had a show right? when and where? is it the oak risdge easter show?!?! im gonna be in that one!! my first show *smiles proudly* on my beacutiful horse *trumphiant music* Harmony In Motion! :D * hugs her baby (horse)* i wuv harmony, i have a link to a webbie with pics of her and my other horses on my profile XD

Its a show at the WNC Ag Center...wherever that might be ^^;; its put on by the WNC Paint Club. I have paint horses, so I mostly show in rated paint shows and shows put on by the paint clubs. I actually have 3 paints and 2 morgans ^^;; A regular ol' farm. One of the paints is only a year old and is absolutly adorable ^^ So yeah...totally off topic. Sorry everyone ^^;

Prof Farnsworth
03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Ah another gathering. Well, any weekend in april sounds good to me except for the weekend of the 6th cause I'll be visiting my sister in Maryland/DC. From just a glimpse, that it seems people prefer the 30th. For me either gso or raleigh or asheboro are fine, since I live in the middle of the state, but on the northern border with va (so as long as it's not too far south I should be able to make it). Hope I can make it to this one ^-^ and if anybody's getting a psp we can play with the mulitplayer wifi! :toothy: lol

Kilayi
03-26-2005, 01:16 AM
16th would be horrible for me...'tis my prom, and I have wasted do much money on it that I AM going >_>;;

... we need to get to deciding this soon, you know?

*~Antagonist~*
03-26-2005, 02:33 AM
I can't do the 16th either (Prom :D).

Chukkie
03-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Sounds like the thirtieth would work best for everyone

Purple Flames
03-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Sounds like the thirtieth would work best for everyone

WHOO!!! Gathering on my birthday!

GreatSG
03-26-2005, 08:54 PM
The 30th is good for me, the 23rd is the only weekend I couldn't make because my mom's getting married and all. But whatever day is chosen I hope I can make it. ^_^

Tigress
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
If the 30th works out for everyone else, I guess I'll just wish y'all a good time and see ya'll at Animazement. I'm going to be theme park hopping in Florida that week. If we come back early, maybe I'll make it, but I'm not going to rush it. This is my honeymoon, after all.

Finding Beauty
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
If we decide on this soon, I MAY be able to finagle getting the 30th off work. Is that a Friday or Saturday? I typically get Fridays off work as it is, so that would be especially good for me if it is one ...

If I had any of my costumes done by then, anyhow. >>;

Oh, and on the subject of being thirteen and cosplaying -- one of my favorite cosplayers at Animazement last year was a younger one! It was a little boy dressed as Tuxedo Mask. He was so cute. xD

Miaku
03-28-2005, 06:26 PM
aww, i bet that was soo neat! and a boy my age cosplaying?!?!?! AWSOME! boys dont like the stuff i do, dance, horseback riding, etc

Star_Angel
03-29-2005, 08:24 AM
If we decide on this soon, I MAY be able to finagle getting the 30th off work. Is that a Friday or Saturday? I typically get Fridays off work as it is, so that would be especially good for me if it is one ...

April 30th is a sat. that day works for me!

GreatSG
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Yes the 30th would be very good, because we could also celebrate that AZ would be just 25 days away then as well. XD

Chukkie
04-02-2005, 04:25 PM
It appears that my trip to Maryland will be moved to that weekend, which sucks. I may or may not go. Idunno, I'll make up my mind later. So it looks like the third week of April would be better for me.

Kilayi
04-05-2005, 02:30 PM
It is the 5th now...
Have we decided on what we are going to do, and where?

nixxer
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
the 30th is perfect for me, that gives me plenty of time to ask off, Im not sure if I'll have a new costume done, but now with the weather finally being nice I can finally wear my costumes without fear of freezing (has bad memories of katsu and the cold) but my car will most likely be short of one seat, since over my spring break I managed to get a boyfriend, and I would like him to come with me, he knows of my anime addiction but has yet to really experience it, I feel a gathering with you guys would be easier then just throwing him straight into the con scene, though throwing them straight in is very funny hehehehe, but yeah, I'll just let you guys pick where we go, since I dont know the areas other then where I live very well, and where I live sucks...
and sorry to hear you might not make it this time chukkie, but if you do I'll leave a place open so you can ride with. :)

KawaiiEdea
04-06-2005, 04:49 PM
30th is peachy. We should definitely make it the final date if there's no objections and a location as well , before it gets too last minute :P I still like the sound of a picnic gathering at this Bur-Mil place..but anyway. I haven't even thought of what costume to wear yet o.O; I'm thinking Rikku if I get a chance to revamp it in time.

Chukkie
04-07-2005, 09:41 AM
and sorry to hear you might not make it this time chukkie, but if you do I'll leave a place open so you can ride with. :)

Going to Maryland is still up in the air at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to go or not. I'm trying to save money right now since I'm paying for my braces completely out of pocket (year and a half and I'll have pretty straight teeth :bigtu: )and I'm alreay planning on taking a trip to see a friend in Philadelphia. Plus with the whole Animazement thing going on and all that jazz. So many cool things I want to do, so little money. So I'll make a final decision about a week or two before this thing is supposed to happen

P.S. congrats on landing a BF

Link Arroway
04-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Okay, here you go impatient people who talk... well nevermind you all have only gone on for 2 pages, thats less than I expected :P
Tonight I will know if the club house is available on April 30th or not. I was able to -not- get it on the 16th, so hopefully the 30th will work out better.

I'm going to say, this is the last possible date to have a gathering before Animazement, just because, if you all are free in May, it means you don't have enough costumes! :P

As an alternative we could do Blue Jay Point, that is a great picnic park place and usually doesnt have a lot of people running around. In the early spring it would be a good naturey setting for photography unless April showers spoil it. In which case it would be yucky since its almost completely open! And there is not food/internet nearby so if such was wanted, it should be brought.
Pullen Park is a similar location, except much larger and with lots of people running about, there should be good photo areas there (garden, lake side, not just trees and grass). Although I'd need to check with Quad, if we had a gathering there without him, he'd cry :P Be prepared to walk a lot at this park! It's bigger than Duke Gardens and sufficiently confusing if you've not been there (but they have maps).
I'll go through all alternatives if clubhouse doesnt work out~

So anyways..
current location: clubhouse~
time: 11am - 4pm (usual times, sound good?)
date: April 30th *This is all that is set in stone. & Yes it's a Saturday!

Star_Angel
04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
current location: clubhouse~
time: 11am - 4pm (usual times, sound good?)
date: April 30th *This is all that is set in stone. & Yes it's a Saturday!
Awesome I was getting ready to write another message about when it was gonna be since it's april already! and yes if you have free time in May then that does mean you dont have enough costumes!! lol.

Kilayi
04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Awesome I was getting ready to write another message about when it was gonna be since it's april already! and yes if you have free time in May then that does mean you dont have enough costumes!! lol.
Pish posh... I have a whole week before AZ off of school... so I can do it all then :P

Oh and Link: will there be a location vote, or are you going to announce the official one sometime soon?... I kinda need to plan things >_>;;

Link Arroway
04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I'll announce by the end of the week
clubhouse folks didnt call me back last friday like they should of..
so i'll try to call them and take care of it tommarow

Link Arroway
04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Meh! They're not returning calls and not taking any, so I'm throwing out the clubhouse for now (they've had some renovation work going so thats probably in the way of anything... unless they were the Sheraton at Katsucon 2005 ;D yay indoor maze!)

Anyways, inplace of the clubhouse let's have the gathering at a nearby park!
Since its springtime and we will hopefully have warm sunny weather a park would be a fine place for it. There is even grills, picnic tables, playing feilds, a large grassy feild and a giant playground! It's open and usually mostly empty so we'll probably have plenty of space and parking and hopefully we can take lots of good cosplay pictures!

I was talking to Star Angel about it last night, theres also the Falls Lake Dam park, which would provide interesting scenery, except it would probably smell like dead fish (and nearby parking might be gated off which would make a long walk) and there is only like 2 picnic tables there.
Although Blue Jay Point is on Falls Lake I didn't remember there was a second trail down to the lake until now, theres one that goes kinda strangely about behind the feilds and would be bad for pictures because when you get down to the lake its shaded by the trees, but theres a second trail that has more walking room and has a more open area that sticks out into the lake at the end which would probably be great for pictures, if you like the foresty-lakey scene.. I didn't think of it last night when talking, but now I remembered... so there is even a place for lakeside scenery!

So now then:

Date: Saturday, April 30th, 11AM-4PM

should we have a picnic there? if anyone knows how to burn things and clean a grill we could cook things on one. or someone could bring bread and sammich meat. or bucket of chicken nuggets XD or something. since they have tables it would be easier than bringing blankets to setup on.
also, the tables and big grassy feild, playground, and bathrooms are convinently close to where the parking is!
I'll change the first post in this thread and also make a new announcement on the website (moved from ccr.rebelcosplay.com to ccr.kukaionline.com -which i'll be announcing too) including directions and other useful things like a park map!

hope to see you there

P.S. anyone up for a digi charat group/shoot at this gathering? XD

Lovelyangel_81
04-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Okay, where's Blue Jay Point Park located at? Is it in Raleigh? I don't know if I will make it to this gathering. If only I have to ride. I do have time to find one. I will let you know if I am going or not.

quadrain61
04-13-2005, 07:32 PM
http://www.wakegov.com/locations/bluejaypoint.htm

Lovelyangel_81
04-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the link! :)

GreatSG
04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting, it'd be perfect if I could get my Show Zama armor finished by then, but I doubt that will happen...

Star_Angel
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting, it'd be perfect if I could get my Show Zama armor finished by then, but I doubt that will happen...
Lol, anything can happen if you only believe!! lol sorry bout that. I hope you get it done! from what you told me it sounds uber cool!!

GreatSG
04-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Lol, anything can happen if you only believe!! lol sorry bout that. I hope you get it done! from what you told me it sounds uber cool!!

Yes, i've got the arm guards and waist guard made, now I just need:
leg guards, chest plate, shirt and pants, and all sorts of little details and getting them covered. I'm pretty sure it will be ready by AZ. :thumbsup:

Link Arroway
04-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I added directions, etc to the first post in this thread :D Should we all bring some food for a picnic?

Star_Angel
04-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I added directions, etc to the first post in this thread :D Should we all bring some food for a picnic?
I tink that would be cool, hamburger stuff or sandwhich stuff, well need drinks too! I can bring some canned sodas (I can bring a 12 pack if one other wants to bring drinks so well have enough)

Link Arroway
04-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I can bring a cooler with ice, paper plates, utensils, and maybe some food. :D

GreatSG
04-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I saw bring a cow, that which I shall inject with Cheese and deep fry in a huge frying vat. XD

Link Arroway
04-16-2005, 09:27 AM
That'll work, mmm heartattack

KawaiiEdea
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
I can bring um...some japanese snacks? I did find these really cool ramune flavored candies the other day... :D

Star_Angel
04-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I can bring um...some japanese snacks? I did find these really cool ramune flavored candies the other day... :D
Those things are very yummy and addictive! I bough a boat load when i went to Hawaii this past summer (they were super cheap at this Japanese department store I went to!)

Link Arroway
04-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Woohoo!
hmm... does anyone know where I can find Ramune cheap? possibly in bulk? I dont like paying $10 for a case of 6. if it were cheaper I'd buy enough for a CCR gathering.

GreatSG
04-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Woohoo!
hmm... does anyone know where I can find Ramune cheap? possibly in bulk? I dont like paying $10 for a case of 6. if it were cheaper I'd buy enough for a CCR gathering.

I'd just get some regular sodas or something, it'd be less expensive (especially if you find two 12pack cases for 5 buck deals) besides, I find Ramune like most of the Japanese snacks to be rather bland. :P

Chukkie
04-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Woohoo!

Where do you get your ramen from? I can get a bag for 10 cents here

Star_Angel
04-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Where do you get your ramen from? I can get a bag for 10 cents here
Ramune its a drink silly! the kind that has the glass ball in it, lol

Prof Farnsworth
04-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Just make sure you don't dump the oil in the woods, you wouldn't want the the tree court to sentence you to tree jail. Oh and, if they have a wooden video of you doing it, just say you're a minor. XD XD XD

PS: if they say they need some post-it notes, run for your life! lol

I saw bring a cow, that which I shall inject with Cheese and deep fry in a huge frying vat. XD

RHIshida
04-17-2005, 06:15 PM
How about some Nachos and some cheese? Nachos and cheese are good for everything!

Tohma
04-17-2005, 06:49 PM
I was worried that Raleigh was going to be a Long way from my house, but 2 1/2 hours isn't bad ^_^ So I'll be going. I've put in my request for the day off and everything.

Now the question...what costume? What is everyone else planning on? Or is this a non-cosplay event? I'm up for either ^_^ Anything to get out of the work-sleep routine

RHIshida
04-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I'll probably bring my Naruto gear, but I haven't finished my Uchiha shirt and I don't have my wig yet, so, I dunno.

Star_Angel
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I'll be coming as Misa from death Note! Decided to stay away from wigs for this gathering! lol. So I'll be decked out in Misa's school uniform complete with my ver own Death Note!! so no one get on my bad side! lol.

KawaiiEdea
04-17-2005, 07:41 PM
besides, I find Ramune like most of the Japanese snacks to be rather bland. :P

BLASPHEMY!! :P

Kilayi
04-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Meh.
Not sure if I am going to this one or not, if I do, my group shall be leaving early :/
I will wear Naota if I dont get Arumi's dress done, if I go :P

Tohma
04-17-2005, 08:46 PM
I'll probably bring my Naruto gear, but I haven't finished my Uchiha shirt and I don't have my wig yet, so, I dunno.

I was thinking the same thing ^^ Since it is a park and all..I figured it might be appropriate to wear my Itachi outfit. Its done though, so I just have to throw it on and go ^_^

GreatSG
04-17-2005, 09:43 PM
BLASPHEMY!! :P

I the original founder of the "Pocky is Crap" campaigne! :P

I'll probably wear my boxhead outfit unless I can get either my armor or my MST3K jumpsuit made, we'll see.

Star_Angel
04-18-2005, 07:02 AM
I the original founder of the "Pocky is Crap" campaigne! :P

I'll probably wear my boxhead outfit unless I can get either my armor or my MST3K jumpsuit made, we'll see.
Ahhhh! *glomps the Larku!!!* lol sorry *is such a larku fangirl!* lol.

Link Arroway
04-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but I like several of the Japanese candies.
I am not one to say Pocky is an innovative treat, I mean c'mon you only get so much, and its not all that great, but I don't mind it being the token con-goer food it is, and don't mind having it every now and then. I am not complaining and I guess many people truely love it~
I do however think I quite enjoy reverse pocky. Almost as much as I enjoy the machine that makes rice I found in my asian friends house o___________o

nixxer
04-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I was thinking of wearing my Hiei outfit...only I have yet to get a wig for it...hmm decisions decisions...

oh and reverse pocky is very good :heart:

GreatSG
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
I was thinking of wearing my Hiei outfit...only I have yet to get a wig for it...hmm decisions decisions...

oh and reverse pocky is very good :heart:

Ahh, I still remember the wig troubles from Katsucon, but your Hiei costume rocks none the less. XD

quadrain61
04-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but I like several of the Japanese candies.
I am not one to say Pocky is an innovative treat, I mean c'mon you only get so much, and its not all that great, but I don't mind it being the token con-goer food it is, and don't mind having it every now and then. I am not complaining and I guess many people truely love it~
I do however think I quite enjoy reverse pocky. Almost as much as I enjoy the machine that makes rice I found in my asian friends house o___________o

Luckily it's not my house...lol all we have is a bucket XD

I've been given a "Maybe" to go. Crazy sister for moving to Chicago.

Link Arroway
04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
o___________o
o________________________________________________o
good luck quad :D

StrawberryGoth
04-21-2005, 11:44 PM
I wish that I could come >< It would give me a chance to meet people before Animazement.
Is anyone coming up from South Carolina? I live in the Spartanburg area and I could go if I could catch a ride.

Kilayi
04-22-2005, 05:01 AM
...If it's possible I think I may try and get my little group to go by there, for a little while... but we were heading to Raliegh that weekend anyway.
That's why I said I didn't know if I was going earlier. I doubt I will cosplay, and I know the other aren't.

Meh, oh well. :/

Chukkie
04-22-2005, 10:46 AM
three term papers due in two weeks. Not gonna make it. See you guys at Animazement

Star_Angel
04-24-2005, 08:54 AM
three term papers due in two weeks. Not gonna make it. See you guys at Animazement
If I get my three papers and my project done (no I have not been procrastinating I also had two projects and two papers due last week, lol) I am coming, me not realizing that some of this would be thrown on me at the last min (grrr stupid power hunry college professors). so I will try to be there if I get all this done!

Tohma
04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I have off of work so I'm good to go ^_^ Now the question is, if we are doing a picnic type thing, what is everyone bringing and how many are actually confirmed to go? I need to figure out what I'm going to bring and just how much I'll need ^^;;

I can't wait for another gathering ^_^ Hope everyone's school work load doesn't prevent them from going. I know how rough the end of the year can be. I survived four years of college and depending on your course of study, May can be a rough time. Luckily for me it was never to bad...well except for freshman year when I was a comp sci major..that was kind of rough...but anyway, hope to see you all there ^_^

Lovelyangel_81
04-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I find a ride and I am coming. Yay! uh...I don't know what to bring. I can also bring some sodas. Sprite, Mellow Yello, Mountain Dew, or Dr. Pepper. :)

KawaiiEdea
04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I still plan on the japanese snack thing..(don't worry, it won't be JUST pocky)..unless you guys don't want any....then I'll just bring some friggin' lunchables!! XP

Link Arroway
04-24-2005, 08:47 PM
I guess I'll try to bring some food, since drinks seem to be a popular thing to bring, but I know deep down everyone wouldn't mind something to eat to go with~

I plan to cosplay Dejiko, but I wonder if it would be a good idea incase it gets dirty :O meh oh well I can try being careful! Gema will defend me.

GreatSG
04-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I plan to cosplay Dejiko, but I wonder if it would be a good idea incase it gets dirty :O meh oh well I can try being careful! Gema will defend me.

yes, but don't come crying to us when Gema can't defend you from dirty old perverts who want to give you candy and take you to the basement and make you do lewd pictures and such. People like me! :devil:

Star_Angel
04-25-2005, 07:24 AM
yes, but don't come crying to us when Gema can't defend you from dirty old perverts who want to give you candy and take you to the basement and make you do lewd pictures and such. People like me! :devil:
Lol or anyone who calls you a pokemon!!! (lol, best pokemon ever!)

RHIshida
04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Lol or anyone who calls you a pokemon!!! (lol, best pokemon ever!)

That was by far the most hilarious thing I had ever heard in my life. I will never forget it. XD

veePLUS
04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
wee i think i'm gonna come. i just KNOW i'll get lost though ^^;;. hmm don't know if i'll cosplay.. maybe a half-finished winry or something. i haven't finished my ayane costume yet and i wouldn't wanna risk getting it dirty anyway!

Star_Angel
04-26-2005, 09:21 PM
I would be so scared to wear you Dejiko outside, it's so pretty and white! (If you didnt know I absolutely love Links Dejiko it rocks! lol, Im such a dork)

Prof Farnsworth
04-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Whee, it's getting close to saturday ^-^ I think I'll make one of my famous poundcakes, and a bunch of rice (that'd prob be the easiest for me). I'm also going to bring my photos from az last year if people want to look at them. I took about 250 (I never actually got around to printing but 20 of them, so I've been busy printing for the past 2 days XD)

Link Arroway
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I would be so scared to wear you Dejiko outside, it's so pretty and white! (If you didnt know I absolutely love Links Dejiko it rocks! lol, Im such a dork)
Hm, I just thought, besides the white parts and the fact that I get dirty easily. I'd have to sit on the bench and stuff, and running around might damage the hat because it falls off easily.. Not to mention its a two person job getting into the costume. Gah -_- I was excited about it too. I'll have to think up something else.

nixxer
04-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Im terribly sorry guys, but thanks to some last minute issues I cant make the gathering now...I'll just catch you guys at AZ...man last minute issues suck... >_<

Tohma
04-28-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't know how reliable weather.com is, but it says that on Saturday there is supposed to be strong storms. WHat do we do if it is raining? Is there shelter of some sort at this place?

KawaiiEdea
04-29-2005, 09:26 AM
I just checked weather.com too,..rain why do you hate the ccr? why!? It says 60% chance ...>_>... <_<.. I just hope it won't be too coold :d

Link Arroway
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Theres a small place we can hide if it starts to rain, but there is another indoors place incase it gets bad, but we'd have to run across the feild :P Not that far but still.
Hopefully it wont be that bad since its suppost to be skattered and 80F. Also it seems the storms might not move in until late.
Just be prepared incase it rains, I wouldn't wear a costume that would be ruined if it got wet. And incase it storms, avoid carrying large amounts of metal ^へ^;

veePLUS
04-29-2005, 03:20 PM
lol.. don't want anyone getting struck by lightning XD. btw, in case i arrive late and everyone has gone inside because of rain, where is the indoor place? is it close to the playground and picnic tables?

Link Arroway
04-29-2005, 06:04 PM
lol.. don't want anyone getting struck by lightning XD. btw, in case i arrive late and everyone has gone inside because of rain, where is the indoor place? is it close to the playground and picnic tables?

once you pass the gate and go over a speedbump, they'll be a sign that says
playground straight and left is like the visitors center. we're meeting at playground/picnic area which is (straight at the sign :P) on one side of the upper feild. there is a covered overhang there (vending machines/bathrooms) incase it just rains for a second we might go under that :P
but if it rains more we may go over to the visitors center on the other side of that feild, which has its own parking area if you made a left at the sign that I spoke of (left at the sign instead of straight, and then its the building on your left) I believe it also has a covered porch and vending machines and a non-functional payphone.

Tohma
04-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Well Rain or Shine I'll be there as Itachi ^_^ Can't wait to see everyone. I'll have a camera that actually works this time X_x

I think I'll be bringing several bags of potato chips of various types. Any requests? What kinds of chips do you all like? I know its not too original or interesting, but I've got limited resources up here ^^;; Its bad enough I'll be walking around the grocery store in my Akatsuki coat. I think I'll leave the hat in the car >_> Its too bad I can't get pictures of that ^^;; I'm sure the people of Elkin will be oh so pleased to have me wandering around their stores.

Star_Angel
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Well Rain or Shine I'll be there as Itachi ^_^ Can't wait to see everyone. I'll have a camera that actually works this time X_x

*sniffles* well i wont be able to make it tomarrow, I have to finish my essays (and I worked super hard to get them done! darn for getting one yesterday!!) so I'll have to wait to see everyone at Az! we need to come up with a CCR shoot gathering time for the con!! hope everyone has a great time and I'll see you all at Az!

quadrain61
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
http://quadrain.com/frames2/ccrbluejay.html

Link Arroway
04-30-2005, 08:49 PM
The CCR website gallery system is setup (integration is still in progess, but it still works for the most park. plus people need to use it to work out all the kinks~)

once you've registered here http://ccr.kukaionline.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register
(later you'll have to complete your registration, but for now that will do)
then go to the gallery and login (your login is site-wide)
http://ccr.kukaionline.com/gallery/ and you can upload your Blue Jay pictures to the Blue Jay gallery~
if you have pictures from other galleries you want up, let me know so I can make a section for that gathering so it wont be hidden away in your member gallery

Lovelyangel_81
04-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Yay! I signed up on the forum! Woot! I had a blast guys! Good Times! *falls over*

veePLUS
04-30-2005, 11:11 PM
i had fun too! wish i could've stayed longer though :/. and cool pics, quadrain :). and hmm.. i tried to register on that site but the confirmation code wasn't working (was a red x). i guess i'll try again later.