PDA

View Full Version : DJ / hacker / cyberpunk / techy / urban characters to cosplay?

soygirl
03-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I want to do a cool costume that's more on the "chic tech" side. I'd rather not crossplay but if there's a cool male character I might do it... I just want somebody with a cooler costume than Ed! I was considering cosplaying as one of the girls from Airgear (a manga.. I picked it up while I was in Japan and haven't seen or heard of it since returning to the US o_o;;). I want to do somebody with cool style! I'm doing Kin Tsuchi from Naruto (sound ninja) for Fanime because I love the sound ninja camo; they're like urban ninjas. I like cool 'urban' looks. Any suggestions? ^_^

phaedrus
03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Acid Burn?

::RUNS::

Eleryth
03-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Um, I always thought the designs from Beatmania (the game) were pretty cool clothing wise.

Styles like air gear, eh....I can't think of any off the top of my head.

GoldfishGirl
03-12-2005, 05:36 PM
What about Lain? Like... Serial Lain maybe?

soygirl
03-12-2005, 05:45 PM
I've considered doing Lain stuff before... I love that anime.. :)

Beatmania is definitely something I should look into more.. one of my friends is obsessed with that game and I'm sure he can help me out.

ACID BURN?!?! HAHAHAAhahaaha.hahah... yeah, and I can bring a 10 year old mac and pretend haxor stuff.. wow, actually, that might be kind of fun.. I have an old mac laptop that would work.. haha.. NO.. must.. resist!

Apsara
03-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I highly doubt there is a more cyberpunk manga than BLAME or NOISE by Tsutomu Nihei. NOISE is the one with the female lead. The second important character in BLAME is interesting as well. She was a half dead corpse and kept herself alive with her connection to the cyberspace that ran BLAME's world.

Technolyze (or however it's spelled) comes in a close second though I don't know who's it by. MPD Psycho by Sho-u Tajima would be another good one, though the costumes are very normal looking, unless you're going for the psycho j-rocker wanna-be baddie. He's in a dark colored, PVC business suit with a very geometric page boy hair cut. Very stylish.

Anyone from Clover by CLAMP. I really, really want to see a Gintatsu. Eh, I'm not helping much am I? Most of these are shonen mangas, except Clover, and features strong, masculine protagonists. Even the females are very um...well, they're definitely feminine, but they're not the whiny, boring type typified by Miaka of Fushigi Yuugi and Usagi of Sailormoon.

The girls all can hold their own very well against the men in the titles I've mentioned, but they don't think of doing so or even have to think about such stuff since the interactions are very equal. All of them have interesting fashions. The Five Star Stories by Mamoru Nagano is a great one to go hunting for girly, but still structured and interesting fashion.

Apsara

Devi Dark Wolf
03-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Why go with a cyberpunk character when you can get your own clothes and make your own thing?... in manner of The Matrix. :P

Devi

robo_berserker
03-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Um, mabey Circuitbreaker from the Transformers comics? >_>

Jinyo
03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Have you seen Ghost in the Shell? TV series or movies?

psythe
03-15-2005, 03:09 PM
ACID BURN owns you all.

How about Iria? Haven't seen a good Iria in a LONG time.

psythe
03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303908128.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Who WOULDNT want to cosplay Acid Burn >D

miao_micks
03-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Why go with a cyberpunk character when you can get your own clothes and make your own thing?... in manner of The Matrix. :P

Devi

Or how about simply a character form the Matrix! ^.^

Acid Burn would be hot. XD

soygirl
03-15-2005, 07:54 PM

I already did that at AnimeOD for a day. It's just not as fun, people don't go "OMG YOU'RE *blahblahblah*! That's SO COOL!" they go ""Umm.. are you supposed to be somebody?" and you go "...no... I made it up.." and they unenthusiastically say, "Oh, cool. Uh, I like your belt..." :P

The other thing is, I'm not really into cosplaying in vinyl and that stuff. I want urban cool, more 21st century and beyond type stuff.

Matrix would be sweet, though. If only I was a guy; I have a neo coat ;) I just don't wanna wear a catsuit or look like a frikkin robot. It's all about styyyyyle. Acid Burn was the right idea, but.. well... it's Acid Burn for god's sake.. :P

Mesoian
03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Acid Burn?

::RUNS::

::Thwap::

ZERO COOL MOTHERF**CKER!

"Dood! I just got this bitchin' 56k modem"

:)

phaedrus
03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Point of order: It was a 28.8 modem. :p

Zero Cool wouldn't be so hard, once you found the right life jacket.

Mesoian
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Weeh...I need to watch that movie again. It's so hilariously offcenter.

You should cosplay as Mathew Hillard's character.

phaedrus
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, this is almost plausably do-able and it freaks me out! But should it be done. I'm not sure if the world is ready.

I could probably pull off Plague better than Goldstein.

Aufklarung
03-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Anything by Masamune Shirow...he is by far the best anime-Cyberpunk author and artist.

soygirl
03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Anyone going to Fanime? Wanna do a Hackers cosplay group? XD

Aufklarung
03-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Anyone going to Fanime? Wanna do a Hackers cosplay group? XD
To SanJo?

I'm very tempted...just for a cyberpunk group. :)

soygirl
03-16-2005, 09:03 PM
That just might be fun... :P