PDA

View Full Version : "Lost" Cosplay Group

Eurobeat King
03-13-2005, 04:37 AM
hehehe This is just an idea, but after enjoying my first trip to Dragoncon last year and seeing how anything goes in terms of cosplay ideas at that con, I had an idea for a possible cosplay group:

One of my favorite TV shows this year is "LOST" and for those of you who aren't familiar with it, here's the premise: A plane full of passengers travelling from Austrailia to Los Angeles mysteriously crashes on a remote island, and only 48 people survive. The show mainly evolves around 15 principal characters, each one having their own story and during the episode we see flashbacks of what that one character did/used to be before the plane-crash. And, the group discovers they're NOT ALONE.. as there are other "people" on the island, and something BIGGER.. (no, they're not dinosaurs..) It's a great show with characters you love & hate, and it's full of mystery and suspense.

I thought it would be fun to walk around the con in a group as the characters and see if anyone would recognize what we were cosplaying as. No costumes needed, just some raggedy or dirty clothes, maybe some props (bottles of water, books, a stuffed dog, a couple of airsoft guns, etc.) Here's the list of characters needed for the group:

1. Jack (the doctor) 2. Kate (the woman with a past) 3. Sawyer (the criminal/outlaw) 4. Charlie (the former rocker/junkie) 5. Locke (mysterious adventurer) 6. Hurley (big, comic-relief) 7. Sayid (former Iraqi soldier) 8. Boone (Locke's follower) 9. Shannon (Boone's snobby "sister") 10. Jin (Korean, faithful husband) 11. Sun (Jin's wife) 12. Claire (pregnant lady) 13. Michael (caring father) 14. Walt (Michael's son)

Annd.. if someone wanted to cosplay as a polar bear, they're welcome to also. (You have to see the show to ask yourself/know why a polar bear is on a tropical island.. :thumbsup: ) If I cosplayed, I would probably cosplay Jin.

Soooo, that's just an idea. If anyone's interested, please reply. ;) Else, I'll see you at the con come September. Oh, and check out the show on ABC if you haven't seen it yet.. realllly good!!

reannaremick
03-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Depending on what day/time it happens I'd definitely be up for a Claire cosplay......though I'd have to get a baby belly, lol. My schedule is kinda tight costume wise atm though, so it'd depend on when it all goes down, but I'm interested for sure.

Eurobeat King
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
reannaremick: haha I'm sure you could find ways to make it look like you're pregnant for Claire, but I'm glad you're interested. I know DC will be reallly hectic for me as well, so the LOST gathering is just a possibility and not definite. But there's still lots of time until September.. :)

Tora
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Haaa I LOVE Lost. That would be so cool.

Too bad I'm not going to Dragoncon. :( I know I don't need to say so, but take pics!

HealerKou
03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
That's funny, Al. ^_^ I'm not into 'Lost' but Serge really likes it. There's this one hot guy who's kind blondish and scruffy that I like, but I don't know his name. That sounds like it would be a cute group, but one you'd definitely have to be in a big group for, to have people recognize it. People probably wouldn't recognize just a dirty pregnant lady wandering around by herself. XD It would be cool if you could make some fake plane parts to pose with. *laugh*

Eurobeat King
03-14-2005, 09:43 PM
HealerKou: The character you're probably thinking about is Sawyer: the criminal/shady guy (lots of girls find him hot!) who collects all the valuable stuff from the wreckage and uses it to bargain with the other survivors, and he likes Kate, so there's like a triangle going on between Kate, Sawyer, and Jack (the doctor.) You're right in that a solo "LOST" cosplayer wouldn't be recognized at a con, but get everyone together and just POSE in one area, and then they might be recognized. (Having someone dress up like a polar bear would be funny, but also a big help.. hehe) Plane-parts for props would be difficult, unless you had like, a seat-cushion, an oxygen-mask, or maybe a safety-instruction pamphlet.. Perhaps on my next trip to a con outside of CA, I'll take a couple during the flight.. ;)

CelestialAurora
03-15-2005, 12:59 AM
omg! Lost cosplay! ^^ I would so join in with the cosplay if I only lived close enough to go to Dragoncon. Alas, I live on the other side of the country. T_T Please take lots of pictures! I want to see! ^^

Eurobeat King
03-15-2005, 04:06 AM
CelestialAurora: I was considering doing a LOST cosplay group at San Diego Comic Con before Dragoncon, since those 2 cons are similar and geared more towards tv, movies, sci-fi & fantasy rather than anime. So i might start a similar thread in the SDCC 2005 thread also.. This way fans of the show who might be interested in forming a gathering will have the chance on either side of the states. :)

CelestialAurora
03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
CelestialAurora: I was considering doing a LOST cosplay group at San Diego Comic Con before Dragoncon, since those 2 cons are similar and geared more towards tv, movies, sci-fi & fantasy rather than anime. So i might start a similar thread in the SDCC 2005 thread also.. This way fans of the show who might be interested in forming a gathering will have the chance on either side of the states. :)
oh, yay! yay! yes please! i would be soooo happy! hee hee. ^^ i have like the biggest obsession with Lost.

fightstar
03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
*starts singing* "You are everybody.....you are everybody!"....Oh excuse me! "Lost" cosplay, huh. Well I love the series myself and if the D*Con attendies don't see anything wrong with it then why not. So, who is going to be Lock? Come on who is going to be the good Colonel? lol

isamu85
03-29-2005, 02:43 AM
cool cosplay idea, I'll go as Michael