PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done K' from KoF?

TheLoneWolf
01-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Any tips on the costume? Points of problems are:
The Glove
The Jacket

Recca-kun
01-05-2003, 09:50 PM
I'll be doing K' this year (postponed AGAIN from Katsu to probably Otakon) and I agree, those are the hard parts.

Two points about the jacket though... I have seen a male's jacket with the button collar, zippers on sides and sleeves, etc once, but don't know where to get it. It's much easier to find a women's version that is practically the same (and probably cheaper). -_-; Does anyone have sites of ones that would be close and/or could be altered?

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 12:39 AM
*nods*
That WOULD be helpful.Also,a few other questions,how important would you say his leather pants are? I'm thinking of going with chaps-over-jeans and just fudging it?
And lastly,has anyone got a decent pic of the:
"A Beast of Prey"
Across his jacket?

Recca-kun
01-06-2003, 02:27 AM
I plan on making some kind of chaps (vinyl or pleather) and wearing over pleather pants (that's going to be hot in summer!). I'd say that as long as you have chaps what kind of pants are on underneath don't matter as much - all you can really see are the pockets from them anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal and not using leather would certainly save money.

As far as source pictures go, sites like http://www.kofonline.com should have some (if you have good links please post). I used to check http://kd0084.com but apparently that's down now. :(

And is anyone planning on being Kula or Whip? :D My roommate is going to be Maxima soon too (possibly Katsu) so I have that covered. :bigtu:

*Goes back to dreaming of a K/Maxima/Whip/Kula team in 2003*

Edit - Or Vanessa! She's my best in 2k anyway, even if she goes with Iori before heading her own team. I'd laugh if I saw a Ramon too, that would be cool. And if anyone ever does Lin that will be a sight to see...

[/fanboy] Ok ok, I'll stop for now... :D

DanL33t
01-06-2003, 03:55 AM
K' would be a very cool costume, with the gray hair, the red gloves and all the leather biker gear. Being an SNK fanboy myself, I wouldn't consider it difficult because they're all fairly regular (but very fitted) clothes.

The character Remy from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike also has a very similar jacket (no shirt under), so I'm also interested in finding this particular piece.

Buying raw leather could be very expensive, and even harder to make such a garment yourself. If worse comes to worse, I'd just go with a girl's jacket (they fit tighter and are smaller). Who cares if the buttons are sewn on the right side.

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Interesting co-inky dink,but I'm asking all this for the san deigo con in about.....4 months.Would you believe my group has:
K' (hopefully)
Original Kyo
Iori
May Lee
Maxima
and
Vanessa

Someone doing lin would be WAY cool......unfortunately,the person would have to have the proverbial "abs of steel"!
Also,any ideas on how to modify this glove:
http://www.geocities.com/sait0u_hajime/snap17.jpg
to make it a K' glove?

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 10:11 AM
And oh yeah,copy the link into your browser to view it.

Recca-kun
01-06-2003, 03:57 PM
As far as K' goes I'll be working out this semester to get ready for him and other guys I'm cosplaying (*cough*Bart*cough*). That's a nice size group already, I think mine for Otakon will be good as well.

And actually K' has white blonde hair. I'm debating whether I want to get a wig, spray my hair, or just go ahead and dye it because I may be cosplaying one or two other characters with white hair at Otakon and the white hair would look awesome. :D

And you shouldn't need to worry about buttons too much as far as jackets go, since it's a zipper down the middle. ;)

If you were going to use that glove I'd say start by painting it black and then take, sew, or do something in red overtop.

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 04:12 PM
My personal opinion is that it's silver/white hair......

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 07:07 PM
And um.....about the glove,what's an "overtop"?

Recca-kun
01-06-2003, 07:58 PM
As in paint or sew red overtop the rest of the glove which is painted black. ;)

TheLoneWolf
01-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Oh,ok thanks!
I just finished the choker,which I'll upload mebbe in the afternoon.

Eurobeat King
01-07-2003, 03:05 AM
My friend Mack cosplayed as K' a couple of years ago, and I had the fun of cosplaying with him. I think my old site of KOF cosplay pics from 1999 to 2001 should still be up, so here's the site:

http://www.geocities.com/anfcpkof

Sorry if the page is just links, but the descriptions should help you out a little..
Hope you like the pics! :)

TheLoneWolf
01-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the link! BTW,mebbe it's just me not seeing it,but if he isn't,you should tell your friend to get some leather chapps if he still is cosplaying as K'.

Karisu-sama
01-08-2003, 04:08 AM
I'd help, but I had such a "ghetto' K' costume, it wasn't even funny. I'm not going to wear it again. :D

TheLoneWolf
01-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Well,if nothing else,tell me what you had on?

L to the 3rd
01-08-2003, 09:01 PM
omigosh! i wanted to do K' for the longest time but it's gonna
be hella hot to wear that at anime expo..and anime expo
is the only anime con i think i'm going to this year.

hmm gloves.. i think u can buy em from cospa! ^_^;

TheLoneWolf
01-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Cospa are a little on the expensive side........I'll make me my own! Crayola Model Magic looks good for it....

Recca-kun
01-08-2003, 10:14 PM
*Laughs nervously* I might use a few pictures from Cospa as reference i.e. the cross pendant if I decide to make one instead of buy/use any one.

TheLoneWolf
01-14-2003, 11:54 AM
BTW,how lage do you think the cross should be?
Got any dimensions in mind?

Seiya Yagami
01-15-2003, 12:20 AM
I might cosplay as K' at Otakon or Anime North... I need the pants though LoL Le Chateau didn't have them anymore.... *Sniff*

I've also got the perfect cross for it, I'll give you the dimensions later... you can get one at a little accessory store called "Claire's"

For the red glove, I'm going to cut up thin pieces of red foam and red electrical tape, stick them onto a black mini-glove (AKA Magician's glove) ... If all else fails... I'll sew red fleece into the glove.

TheLoneWolf
01-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Right....thanks!

TheLoneWolf
02-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Yes,I'm dredging this topic back up.I've finished sewing my K' jacket and I need to know if anyone has a clear pic of the lettering on his jacket:
"A Beast of Prey" ?

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey TheLoneWolf,
Go here: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=22271

this is a photo of the back of his jacket with the words: "Beast of Prey" on it...good luck and look forward to seeing a finished costume!

TheLoneWolf
02-13-2003, 02:24 AM
Thank you SO much.Also,second question.When K' does his Heat Driver,the KoF manga shows him using both hands to shove Lin up against a wall when performing the DM,while the Game shows him doing a one-hand punch.
What exactly does he do?

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-13-2003, 09:57 AM
As for the combination stuff...sorry can't help you there....but did you save the picture I gave you for future reference so I can delete it my gallery...that was meant only as a temporary pic....so if you haven't do so please. thanks...

TheLoneWolf
02-13-2003, 04:48 PM
I just did.Thanks!

KulaDiamond
02-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Um, hi. I'm new here and was looking around to see if anyone was going to dress up as K' because I'm going as Kula Diamond for Otakon 2K3. I have a friend with me who will go as King, another as Clark, and possibly another one going as Kyo Kusanagi. It would be fun to meet up with a K' along with other KoF peeps.

Recca-kun
02-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi!

Originally posted by KulaDiamond
I'm new here and was looking around to see if anyone was going to dress up as K' because I'm going as Kula Diamond for Otakon 2K3. *Gasp* Now I have to finish K' for Otakon. ;)

KulaDiamond
02-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Eh?! This mean I can meet up with a K'? That'd be coolness! *definetly must work on finishing gloves now*

ladytron
02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
How many K's are there going to be exactly? And does anyone know if there are going to be any other King's at Otakon, because I'm cosplaying her, just would like to be forewarned....

Iori E
02-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by TheLoneWolf
Thank you SO much.Also,second question.When K' does his Heat Driver,the KoF manga shows him using both hands to shove Lin up against a wall when performing the DM,while the Game shows him doing a one-hand punch.
What exactly does he do?

Just a word of advice: ALWAYS go by the game. The manga is... inaccurate, at best. What you're referring to is most likely an unofficial HK comic.

Maybe I should add a few tips here... better late than never...

I went as K9999 for Japan Expo 2k2, and what I did for his blue glove was get an ordinary black leather glove, and colored on it with blue fabric marker, the kind that can go on dark fabric. The easy way out, I know. ^^; If you have patience and steady hands, you might wanna consider it. Then again, the red of your glove will stain most things that you rub it on, and also the fabric marker will crack a bit where the glove bends and folds. Be careful.

As for the leather jacket and pants and stuff... good luck. It's nice that you've done the jacket already. I'm planning on doing Remy from SF3, and I also need a tight leather jacket.
And just so you know, K's jacket and pants are more dark gray than black.

Michi
02-28-2003, 01:23 AM
For gloves like K', K9999, and Kula... I'd probably get regular black gloves and then the colored electrical tape. ^_^;

Is there a KOF group forming for Otakon now? I'm tempted to bring an SNK costume, then..

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 01:38 AM
Ah,status report time.
I have *FINALLY* finished sewing my K' jacket (....which was,to say the least,hell!),sadly enough,the other jacket I bought has too many issues,that would take too much time to fix.I Am proceeding onto the chapps,though,for which I'm modifying a pattern for pants.
As for the gloves,I've hit upon my best plan yet.I'm using a slightly thick thinsulate glove into which I'm riveting aluminum flashing.Yes,it has some issues to work out (i.e Me punching something without having rivets bury themselves in my skin ^^;;)
But,it looks like a proper K' glove dead to rights.
As for this costume,though,it'll be making it's debut at ACen,along with my own Kula,King,Iori,Shingo,Benimaru,Athena,Ralf and Maxima!........anyone else in?

Michi
02-28-2003, 01:50 AM
Dammit I wanna go to ACen. You have that many people? ^^; I could be Mai or Billy or something. Mmmm. I need info on ACen. >D

*always up for KOF cosplay groups*

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 02:10 AM
A mai would always be good.
So far,though,I'm trying to wrangle in a Rock,a Billy/Ryo/Kyo to decide on which costume he will do,and we might be having a Krizalid in!

Michi
02-28-2003, 02:27 AM
*blinks* May 16-18... feh! So close to A-kon. I dunno if I can do that.. unless I get a good job soon.. ^^; Ohhhh but Akahori Satoru is a guest... *-*

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 02:34 AM
Ah,give in!
ACen is bigger and has more KoF!! ^^

Michi
02-28-2003, 02:45 AM
But I've got a KOF group at A-kon, too! I'm going to be Mature. ^_~ I think if I have a job and can afford it.. I know a good deal of people going, so I might be tempted to! Wheeee~!

Iori E
02-28-2003, 03:07 AM
Ooooooo, A-Kon? I'm going there, too. At least I hope. I made a promise to a friend that I'd be there...
Too bad I've decided to take a break from SNK cosplay this year. I've done too many of them. Maybe I'll wear my K9999 again once in a while, but there are other characters I wanna do.

BTW, TheLoneWolf, what material is your jacket?

Michi
02-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Oooh, really? :D A-kon yay! A-kon was fun last year. ^^

*gasp* How can you take a break from SNK cosplay? I mean, really. I couldn't. ;P

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 09:50 AM
My jacket? Vinyl,plain and simple! ^^

JyuuSan
02-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Iori E
Too bad I've decided to take a break from SNK cosplay this year. I've done too many of them.

Which SNK characters have you done?

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 04:13 PM
>>But I've got a KOF group at A-kon, too! I'm going to be Mature. ^_~ I think if I have a job and can afford it.. I know a good deal of people going, so I might be tempted to! Wheeee~!

Well,that's why you bring THAT group over to ACen too,because the only thing better than a big KoF group is an even bigger KoF group! ^^

KulaDiamond
03-01-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Michi
For gloves like K', K9999, and Kula... I'd probably get regular black gloves and then the colored electrical tape. ^_^;

Is there a KOF group forming for Otakon now? I'm tempted to bring an SNK costume, then..

Yeah I got a friend going as King, another is deciding on Kyo, one's Clark, and I'm going to be Kula. Trying to get another friend to be Blue Mary and even another person to be Orochi Leona. We have Capcom characters with us as well.

Michi
03-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Yeah I got a friend going as King, another is deciding on Kyo, one's Clark, and I'm going to be Kula. Trying to get another friend to be Blue Mary and even another person to be Orochi Leona. We have Capcom characters with us as well.

I can be Shiranui Mai (many many versions), Billy Kane, Yabuki Shingo, Mature (actually I dunno if I'd do this without my Vice), and um... well I don't think Asamiya Athena '96 will be done by then. ^_^; I'm also planning Blue Mary's Real Bout Fatal Fury outfit, I dunno when... But any of those!! ^_^

< / KOF whore >

KulaDiamond
03-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Dude...Vice and Mature kick so much ass...I never see any of them around any cons I go to! Many versions of Mai?? oro?

Iori E
03-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JyuuSan
Which SNK characters have you done?

Let's see... I've done Kyo ('99-2002), Ralf, Clark, Igniz, and even Cool Choi and Kim Sue Il. I've also cosplayed a character who has a costume similar to Mature's. (I'm not Mature, dammit!) :P

I still plan to cosplay Kain R. Heinlein and Jhun Hoon. (Maybe even Andy Bogard?) But that's for another year...

TheLoneWolf
03-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Dude...Vice and Mature kick so much ass...I never see any of them around any cons I go to! Many versions of Mai?? oro?

That is,your standard red and white mai,blue and white mai,white and gold mai,black and red mai,lavander and white mai,green and white mai.........and I forget the others......

TheLoneWolf
03-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Everyone who's done costumes,LET'S SEE PICCIES!!!!!!!

KulaDiamond
03-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Blue and white Mai sounds cool along with black and red, heh. *runs off and prepares to get gloves done sometime soon! ^_^;;;;*

TheLoneWolf
03-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Soeaking of which,has anyone here got cosplaylab accounts? or your own cosplay sites for that matter?

KulaDiamond
03-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Nopers. I wish though. I checked out KoF online to see how some ppl could cosplay as Kula...there's a sweet NESTS cosplay group who did Igniz, Krizalid, Kula, and a bunch of other ppl...

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 01:34 AM
An even better one though,would be the one which had *every* KoF character in till KoF 2000......plus clones! o_o;;

Michi
03-03-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm Michi on CosplayLab. :P

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/detail.asp?memberid=509

My original (red & white) Mai, blue & white Mai, and Fatal Fury pink & yellow Mai are up there, ehehehe. I've done a purple & white Mai but it looked awful and I'm never wearing it again.

This year I'm doing Mature with a Vice at A-kon, Billy Kane sometime, hopefully another Fatal Fury movie version of Mai (different outfit), and I hope a Real Bout version of Blue Mary.

A full KOF 2K group would be CRAZY. Plus strikers?! We've got some huge gatherings at AX before, but never every character. Usually a lot of Kyo clones. Hahaha. XD I wanna be Striker Shermie but I'll never get around to it. ;_; So many ideassss~

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Oro.....I'm playing KoF 2k2 these days and some of the alternate costumes are just.wierd.
This for example....is K' in Kula's outfit.Almost Literally.

Recca-kun
03-03-2003, 04:10 PM
I was laughing when I saw that. They make a good pair as is, they don't need to have matching outfits! :D

And I love the 2k2 intro where Diana talks to Kula and then takes K's shades. :D

JyuuSan
03-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Let's see... I've done Kyo ('99-2002), Ralf, Clark, Igniz, and even Cool Choi and Kim Sue Il.

That is a lot of characters. I still think you should cosplay some of those costumes just because they're characters that aren't seen too often. It would make our cosplay group even more diverse!:D

Hey Lone Wolf, he's done Igniz........IGNIZ!!!!!!!

makio
03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
I've only done a couple SNK costumes, only one of which from KOF was actually displayed. I did a (Neo) Kyo Kusanagi for Halloween2002 and Nekocon, and I have a Shingo Yabuki costume already done and ready to wear.

SNK Costumes: Kyo Kusanagi, Kaede(commissioned), Iori Yagami(commissoned), Keiichiro Washizuka, Seishiro Kuki, Setsuna.

If there actually is another Capcom vs SNK gathering at AX, I'd like to either bring Shingo or Kim Dong Hwan (from Garou: Mark of the Wolves) to cosplay along with EurobeatKing's Kim Jae Hoon costume.

Michi
03-03-2003, 07:01 PM
There will always be a KOF gathering at any con no matter what. :P I'm sure we'll see another Capcom vs SNK gathering at AX this year too.

I wanna do Last Blade and Samurai Shodown cosplay... but kimonos and costumes like that scare me to even think to make. o_o Big, layered.. gah.

Iori E
03-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Heh, when I saw that alternate K' costume in the arcade, I also had question marks popping up in my head. "Hmmm, he has silvery blue hair... and a purple suit... and pale skin... wait a sec..."

Originally posted by JyuuSan
That is a lot of characters. I still think you should cosplay some of those costumes just because they're characters that aren't seen too often. It would make our cosplay group even more diverse!:D

Hey Lone Wolf, he's done Igniz........IGNIZ!!!!!!!

Did I mention tht I did 2 versions of Clark? The '94-'98 "Ralf clone" version, and the alternate beige color of his '99-2002 version.

And my Igniz wasn't that great. I couldn't achieve the "floating effect" his cape had. Not to mention my hair was black. :P

Ooooooo, SamSho! I wanna do Ukyo! I've been saying that for years now.

Michi
03-03-2003, 07:23 PM
UKYO. Ukyo is my favorite. Cosplay him and I will claim you as my own. :3

I actually really wanted to just acquire Kei's kimono from his ending in IV, because it's so pretty. *-* Then I could run around going "I'm Ukyo's fiancee! Lalala!"

Shizumaru is cute too. n.n Mizuki rules but that costume would take forever/cost a whole durn lot.

makio
03-03-2003, 07:30 PM
I'd prefer a Samurai Shodown/Spirits cosplay gathering than KOF, but I'm not sure how many people would actually do it. But there was a decent Haoumaru at AX last year. if I knew who he was, I'd ask'em to do it again so I could go as Shizumaru or even Kazuki...

Michi
03-03-2003, 07:34 PM
SamSho isn't as well known, so it would be harder to gather unless you hunted down people for a group with a cast list.
I'd love to see a group. :D SNK anything is good to me!

JyuuSan
03-03-2003, 07:59 PM
There will always be a KOF gathering at any con no matter what. :P

Don't be too sure of that.... My friend and I cosplayed as Kyo and Iori at Sugoi Con '02. A lot of people recognized me as Iori but didn't know that I was from King of Fighters or the fact that I was a fighting game character (at least I was recognized!). Hardly anyone recognized my friend as Kyo (cause he's only just the main character of the game!!!:sulk: ) which left him pretty pissed. I had to do a lot of convincing for him to cosplay Kyo at Ohayocon. There was also a person who cosplayed as Heidern and he said I was the only person who knew who he was!!!:rolleyes:

And my Igniz wasn't that great. I couldn't achieve the "floating effect" his cape had. Not to mention my hair was black. :P

Hey, as long as people recognized you, that's all that matters!

Yes... Samurai Shodown cosplay would be quite interesting :D ....

Michi
03-03-2003, 08:09 PM
There will always be a KOF group at any con as long as you will it, I meant. :P

..I wonder if we should make a seperate SNK cosplay thread in the Game Costumes forum. ^_^;

Love the Yamazaki animation in your sig, btw. Nothing like Orochi taking over, awyeah.

JyuuSan
03-03-2003, 10:18 PM
There will always be a KOF group at any con as long as you will it, I meant. :P

No hard feelings...I knew what you meant. We were actually trying to bring SNK to Cincinnati (you gotta start somewhere!) because a lot of people we know have no clue about the game and hell, I'm still trying to learn more!!! :chatah:

I'm glad you like my sig. I read in a few places that the reason Yamazaki didn't have an Orochi form in the game like all the others probably was that he was so crazy, he made it a part of his personality. But that's entirely up to speculation...

Yeah....a SNK cosplay thread would be nice.....

Oh yeah, I finally got to change my status! (I feel special :dance: )

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
>There will always be a KOF group at any con as long as you will it, I meant. :P

I know what you mean Michi,heck,me,Jyuu, and a few friends WERE the KoF/SNK presence for OhayoCon 2k3....but then again,that's a pretty small con.

>Hey Lone Wolf, he's done Igniz........IGNIZ!!!!!!!

Rub this in anymore and it will be the death of you. :devil:

Pah,my plans for doing Igniz are looking bleak because I see a-certain-someone doing O.Zero :P

Michi
03-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, Vice and Mature didn't have Orochi forms either. Just the CYS/New Face Team, Iori, and Leona. They were just all... able to hande it better? :P I dunno.

SNK cosplay thread... Hmmm....

Iori E
03-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Perhaps Iori, Leona, and the New Face Team turned all evil and psycho because they were trying to deny their Orochi blood? Vice and Mature were embracing it, that's for sure...

Yamazaki doesn't need Orochi blood to be crazy. Take a look at his HSDM from KOF 2002. Now that's good eatin'.

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 10:54 PM
*sigh*
I guess I will have to go on a bit of an off-topic rant:

Each member of the orochi clan represents one of the eight "heads" of Orochi (the "Eight Serpent Formation"),hence their powers being a reflection of that attribute.Therefore:

Yamazaki the Strength head
Mature the Speed head
Vice the Power head
Yashiro the Earth head
Chris the Fire head
Shermie the Thunder head
Gaidel (Leona's Father) the Water head
Geonitz the Wind head

The serpents are the formation of the Orochi Power while Iori and Leona recieved directly,Orochi Blood.Hence,they can enter "The Riot of Blood" while the other Orochi clan members cannot.

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Hence,everyone is Orochi,but none have "pure" orochi blood within them except for Iori and Leona.

Michi
03-03-2003, 11:07 PM
You can edit posts, y'know. :P

But er, yeah. I knew that, about Iori and Leona.. But Shermie/Yashiro/Chris reveal themselves later and have Orochi forms, if not Riot of Blood crazy Orochi forms, while Yamazaki/Vice/Mature don't. They don't even get spiffy, um, heightened powers and new colors, that is. Yeah. That's what I was pointing out. x_x

Goenitz needs to be shot. "Koko desu ka?" DIE. Um, anyway.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8563

Go there. ^_^

Iori E
03-03-2003, 11:10 PM
There's nothing official that I know of which says that the other Orochi heads don't have "pure" Orochi blood. Plus, how does Leona have the blood? It must have been passed down to her from Gaidel, who is one of the Heads. Therefore the Orochi Heads must have the blood in them.

I don't see why the other Orochi Heads can't go into Riot of the Blood. In fact, that's what I see in all of them. It's just that, for Vice, Mature, and Yamazaki, they've integrated the insanity into their usual personalities, unlike Iori and Leona who try to be calm and sane until something in them snaps and bam, ROTB. As for the New Face Team, they serve Orochi, so that's why they are SOMEWHAT sane and can control their Orochi powers. Goenitz... I don't know about him. :P

I'd argue further, but what's the point? SNK is a video game company... like my friend once said, they'd probably say the Andy Seto comics from HK were the official KOF storyline if they thought it'd make them tons of money.

Michi
03-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Mature isn't very crazy. @_x At least compared to Yamazaki and Vice.

Go to my thread. ;_;

TheLoneWolf
03-03-2003, 11:26 PM
>But er, yeah. I knew that, about Iori and Leona.. But Shermie/Yashiro/Chris reveal themselves later and have Orochi forms, if not Riot of Blood crazy Orochi forms, while Yamazaki/Vice/Mature don't. They don't even get spiffy, um, heightened powers and new colors, that is. Yeah. That's what I was pointing out. x_x

Well,those guys weren't exhibiting their Orochi powers at all,only when they decided not to hold back did they show their true powers.........or actually,let's simply discuss this over here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8565

Nietsche
03-04-2003, 06:31 AM
Help this old man's ailing memory, Mizuki is the boss of Samurai Spirit 2 yes the one with the big spirit beast thing?

TheLoneWolf
04-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Sorry for bringing this topic up again....but again,question:
Are the Belts K' has across his arm and leg just belts tied around his arm and leg,or are they sewn on?
(It's a poorly-worded question,I know ^^;;)

L to the 3rd
04-02-2003, 10:03 PM
ppl suggested for me to go as K'..
and he is reallyyy cool but.. it will
be hella hot in that leather..
(was dying as squall at AX).

waynekaa
04-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TheLoneWolf
Sorry for bringing this topic up again....but again,question:
Are the Belts K' has across his arm and leg just belts tied around his arm and leg,or are they sewn on?
(It's a poorly-worded question,I know ^^;;)

I don't have a good reference pic handy LoneWolf.
Up one, lessee.

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:32 AM
First in a series on attached piccies!

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:34 AM
Full body.....

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:35 AM
Upper Body

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:35 AM
Another Upper body shot

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:36 AM
And finally,another Full body shot.

Michi
04-03-2003, 01:40 AM
I think... you could either sew them on or tie 'em.. whichever works better. Won't really know til y'try.

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 01:42 AM
I have,sewing makes the sleeves all bunched up and semi-ugly.....but belts restrict motion for the active arm and also make it look somewhat....poofy.

Michi
04-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Don't tie it so tightly o.o If you go look at my Squall costume in my gallery -- the belts on the leg were kept on by very thin beltloops.. and it worked really well. Just hafta be very careful.

waynekaa
04-03-2003, 01:59 AM
I'd attach the belts at several points to the sleeve. Not necessarily sew it all the way around, just secure it in 3-4 places to make sure it stays where it's supposed to. If you just tie it, they'll fall. Also it doesn't look like those belts are really functional belts, mostly decorative, because they have the same diameter as the rest of the sleeve.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:02 AM
Yeah, that's how the belts on my Squall pantleg worked. Didn't shift or get bulky or cut off movement or anything. ^_^

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 09:36 AM
o.0.......
>I'd attach the belts at several points to the sleeve. Not necessarily sew it all the way around, just secure it in 3-4 places to make sure it stays where it's supposed to.

So.........you're proposing I sew the belt in at a few places,or

>the belts on the leg were kept on by very thin beltloops.. and it worked really well. Just hafta be very careful.

........I should make some really thin beltloops?

Michi
04-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Whichever works. :P Both methods keep it on in a few secure places.

waynekaa
04-03-2003, 09:59 AM
I prefer the first. a few stitches here and there are easier than belt loops.

TheLoneWolf
04-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Gyokai.Thanks for the input,guys!

TheLoneWolf
05-04-2003, 12:28 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=37490&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=37491&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

Excuse my crappy webcam! ^^;;

KulaDiamond
05-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Dude that costume's awesome *applause*.

TheLoneWolf
05-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Dude that costume's awesome *applause*.

Sank you!
I just wish I had a better cam......the costume (and it's wearer, for that matter) come out much better ^^

Michi
05-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Looking good, LoneWolf! ^^ Can't wait to see it finished!

TheLoneWolf
05-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Looking good, LoneWolf! ^^ Can't wait to see it finished!

:japan:
Yew ah too kind Michi! ^^
I just finished the chapps today....those snaps were a real goddamn pain!

ShivaBlueDragoo
06-12-2003, 04:34 PM
*glomps wolf*

Michi
06-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Shiva, next time you should simply PM LoneWolf. Replying to a thread from a month ago with something completely different from the thread topic is considered spam.

TheLoneWolf
06-12-2003, 10:00 PM
*Feels a definate Threadmom vibe*

Michi
06-12-2003, 10:12 PM
THAT was also spam. Stop it, LoneWolf. I've had lots of experience on message boards and I'm just trying to help clean this one up. You don't have to try and make it worse, y'know..

TheLoneWolf
06-12-2003, 10:46 PM
I can't really help it if you've had much more free time/been on here longer than others.If you HAVE to order people around, have a title for it, or be nice about it.

Michi
06-13-2003, 03:02 PM
I wasn't talking about here, but message boards in general and etiquette on message boards. ~_~ Just let the thread die until someone new wanting to be K' comes along.

TheLoneWolf
06-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Firstly,this= My thread,not yours.Till you have staff or mod by your status,you wield little to no authority here.
Secondly, someone saying they like my costume isn't considered spam,since it's on topic.
Thirdly, play nice