PDA

View Full Version : Indian anime characters?

TheLoneWolf
01-05-2003, 11:45 PM
First of all,NO,not RED indian.
I'm trying to find Indian Anime charas (or close to indian) to cosplay as.What I've got are:

Lala Sune - Gundam
K' - KoF (close enough)
Original Zero - KoF (close enough)

any others?

Lightning Count
01-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Anthy from Utena looks Indian to me...what about her??

TheLoneWolf
01-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Waitaminnit......before anyone asks or starts:
Yeah,Videogame characters too.
Second,the first person to say "Dhalsim" DIES!!!!! :angry:

Nadeshiko
01-06-2003, 12:01 AM
There's a manga by Chiho Saitou called White Waltz. I remember, one of the characters is Indian. I think it's Sajito, but it's been a while since I've read it.

Bobbi
01-06-2003, 01:03 AM
There's always the scary indian guy from Niea under seven! How much more indian can you get? Man, I would loooove to see somone cosplay him. He's too cool. =)

Michi
01-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Ohtori Akio from Utena? <3

K' is a good idea. ^^

videogirlc
01-06-2003, 02:14 AM
Koalla Su form Love HIna I think looks Indian.

Scoti
01-06-2003, 06:33 AM
maybe...Akuma? (Street Fighter)

Ranma Saotome
01-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by videogirlc
Koalla Su form Love HIna I think looks Indian.

No worries, she is. ^^

Kain
01-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Namaste! NeiA_7

Carmila
01-06-2003, 10:56 AM
I thought Su was african....

Ranma Saotome
01-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Carmila
I thought Su was african....

No, she's Indian. You find that out around ep 5 I think.

Vinya
01-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
No, she's Indian. You find that out around ep 5 I think.

Really? You mean the food incident? No? I've seen six eps and I have not got a clue about Su... She's kinda like Ed in Cowboy Bebop, but nothing like her. ^_^

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kain
Namaste! NeiA_7

I really can't find any NeiA under 7 sites/pics of that char,so if you've got any,gimme a link to them.

Also,F.Y.I,Namaste="I bow to the divinity within you"

Ranma Saotome
01-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Vinya
Really? You mean the food incident? No? I've seen six eps and I have not got a clue about Su... She's kinda like Ed in Cowboy Bebop, but nothing like her. ^_^

Okay it's after ep 5. This is when she goes through the transformation and her older brother shows up*

soshi
01-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Integral from Hellsing has fairly dark skin, unlike her father. it's rumored she's half Indian - and it would make sense since her father's British. (y'know, British colonies in India and waht not.)

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 12:48 PM
(y'know, British colonies in India and waht not.)
And what not.....:rofl:
Anyway.......Integral is Half-Indian? She always looked like your average cracker to me! ^^

Bobbi
01-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by TheLoneWolf
I really can't find any NeiA under 7 sites/pics of that char,so if you've got any,gimme a link to them.

Also,F.Y.I,Namaste="I bow to the divinity within you"

I saw some artbook scans on images.google.com but I guess the server's down. This is the only one I can find at the moment. ><

http://www.pioneeranimation.com/NieA_7/chada.jpg

soshi
01-06-2003, 01:51 PM
And what not.....:rofl:
Anyway.......Integral is Half-Indian? She always looked like your average cracker to me! ^^

er.. typo. o_O

well, her skin IS darker, especially in most of the manga. but this may just be the way the guy draws her. *shrug* in the first volumes it's really dark, but recently it's lighter. it's just a fan-theory (that I don't really have an opinion on) that I thought I might mention.

I'm trying to find a link to the site that supports the theory, but I can't find it.. maybe I forgot to bookmark it. *shrug* ah well.

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Hm....My opinion is based on the fact that the only person in the anime who has a lighter skin tone than hers is um......whatshisname Valentine and um,excuse the earlier crack.......temporary lapse in sanity y'know :schitzo:

soshi
01-06-2003, 03:14 PM
J/Yan Valentine; I think he's supposed to be Chinese.

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Bobbi
I saw some artbook scans on images.google.com but I guess the server's down. This is the only one I can find at the moment. ><

http://www.pioneeranimation.com/NieA_7/chada.jpg

:rofl: :D LOL! Abu reborn! hm......come to think of it,another question,his garb wouldn't happen to consist of a shirt-esque thing with sort of......flaps attached to the ends? sort of like if you attached the lower part of a bbq apron to where the shirt ends?

Bobbi
01-06-2003, 03:38 PM
:rofl: :D LOL! Abu reborn! hm......come to think of it,another question,his garb wouldn't happen to consist of a shirt-esque thing with sort of......flaps attached to the ends? sort of like if you attached the lower part of a bbq apron to where the shirt ends?

You know... I don't remember *is dead from sewing* I think so... but really, don't quote me on that. ><;;

Only thing is, he is extremely huge... you'd have to make a giant mask with a huge turban. Man... that'd be soooo awesome to see. He's too cool. ^^;

Silly_Kitsune
01-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Punch! From the Bounty Hunter Show Punch and Judy on Cowboy Bebop!!! Hes Indian ^^

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Yeah......and wait,a UBER COOL (almost) Indian character:
Yan Valentine! :D

scandia
01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Anthy and Akio are from India.

krystal1314
01-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Aren't Cardina, Tata and Tarta from Magic Knight Rayearth Indians? I'm not sure tho... :thumbsup:

Adella
01-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Nabooru from Ocarina of Time looks to be Indian or Middle Eastern .... well... not really but I think she represents that. Sage of the Desert... machedes... dark skin and all.

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Got link?
^^

soshi
01-06-2003, 07:34 PM
just a random suggestion...

I assume you're asking about Indian characters because you or a friend is Indian and wants to cosplay. you should look at games/series/ect that you like, and find a character within that resembles you. or.. y'know.. just.. cosplay whoever you want. screw skintones. one of the best Sakura cosplayers I've seen is black.. it doesn't matter what you look like, just that you have fun.

Radical Urd
01-06-2003, 08:52 PM
I read the artbook to Hellsing and it says that her (Intergral) was in fact indian. Also Anthy and Akio are Indian, hence the dots in the middle of her forhead, the idea of her was suppose to be a "typical submissive indian woman" so says the creator.

soshi
01-06-2003, 09:43 PM
and there we go! s'not just a fan theory, then! thanks, Urd. ^^

TheLoneWolf
01-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Radical Urd
I read the artbook to Hellsing and it says that her (Intergral) was in fact indian..........
:eek:
News to me!

Originally posted by Soshi
just a random suggestion...

I assume you're asking about Indian characters because you or a friend is Indian and wants to cosplay. you should look at games/series/ect that you like, and find a character within that resembles you. or.. y'know.. just.. cosplay whoever you want. screw skintones. one of the best Sakura cosplayers I've seen is black.. it doesn't matter what you look like, just that you have fun.

Well,I'm assuming you're not Desi (anyone of indo-paki origin/decent) here,and I'm not sure if you've noticed or not,but there are very few to no desi cosplayers around.While I've tried cosplaying as characters I like,I assure you,most standard character accessories (wings&such) DO NOT go well with me.Just TRY getting an indian friend of yours in a long blonde wig.Then take him to a mirror.He'll lose 6 years.Guaranteed :hafha:
Also,This is somewhat of a cosplay goal:
"Cosplay as every indian character I possibly can!" :skidude2:

And I will too! um....except for the indian girl in the fuku (Aiko,i think it was),not to say that i CAN'T play as her but um......I'd rather not :crylaugh: ! Which is why I'm trying to find characters I can play as.

TheLoneWolf
01-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Hm.....was just looking into chars and I just realized.....I will be able to pull Akio off perfectly! :D
One request though:
Can anyone provide me with some pix of him in his "chairman" outfit?

MargauxZ
01-07-2003, 03:13 AM
Although Rouge of Ranma 1/2 is Chinese, she has Indian-influenced costume and character. She fell in "Spring of Drowned Asura" after all....

I'm cosplaying her for Katsu's masq! Yay!

http://www.furinkan.com/characters/imgrouge1.jpg

TheLoneWolf
01-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Nice char.Good luck with the costume!
To everyone else:
Can anyone provide me with some pix of Otohori Akio in his "chairman" outfit?

Ranma Saotome
01-07-2003, 09:17 AM
You know, I totally forgot there's a Furinkan.com! >_< *mental note: Buy the ranma.net domain*

TheLoneWolf
01-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Yes,but um........it's all ranma?

MargauxZ
01-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Yea! Of course!

Ranma Saotome
01-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Lone Wolf, you couldn't have it any other way! :D