PDA

View Full Version : What makes this con different

Daaku_Tai
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I've never been to this before and I am thinking of it this year. I was wondering and I'm sure most whom have not attended this before may refuse to attend this might be wondering the same thing, but what makes this convention different then Anime North or any other convention in Ontario. I know this is a repeat post in the GCAF forum.. But I'm thinking of going to both this year instead of American cons and I was just wondering what makes them special, what can you offer me that other con's can't and why I should attend.

Thanks NAF peoples. ^^

Tsukasa_1
03-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I've never been to this before and I am thinking of it this year. I was wondering and I'm sure most whom have not attended this before may refuse to attend this might be wondering the same thing, but what makes this convention different then Anime North or any other convention in Ontario. I know this is a repeat post in the GCAF forum.. But I'm thinking of going to both this year instead of American cons and I was just wondering what makes them special, what can you offer me that other con's can't and why I should attend.

Thanks NAF peoples. ^^

Hi!

Well, the fact that I donít personally see running Northern Anime Festival as a competition, I will not go into comparison of all the other conventions- as organizers we look to find our own market, but we all in the end help each other out with one thing or another.

Now to answer the question at hand about what exactly do we offer which decide if you come our not, this question is really vague- because the answer could very from one person to the next and without knowing exactly what you are looking for in a convention it is really hard for me to answer, so what I will attempt to do now is just give a brief description of how I see Northern Anime Festival for this year.

Northern Anime Festival this year will be the same type of setting as last year, we will be giving our attendeeís the opportunity to sit back and chat with our guests within reason and with the pressure barrier lifted. The environment of which our convention is held in is a very pleasant one, with very few incidents.

This is the basic thing to expect this year, of course we will have more security this year to make sure that the convention policies are enforced and such, but thatís something to expect for all events. I am not going to turn this thread into one of those marketing ones where someone will post about how much better their programming is and what not- but if you want to know specific details of our programming just let me know through email Mhamilton(AT)northernanime.ca and let me know exactly what you are looking for so I can better help you too.

Daaku_Tai
03-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, the fact that I donít personally see running Northern Anime Festival as a competition, I will not go into comparison of all the other conventions- as organizers we look to find our own market, but we all in the end help each other out with one thing or another.
Well I didn't mean it that way. It's just with all the stuff on these boards lately about how con's should do this and do that...and so forth.

Now to answer the question at hand about what exactly do we offer which decide if you come our not, this question is really vague- because the answer could very from one person to the next and without knowing exactly what you are looking for in a convention it is really hard for me to answer, so what I will attempt to do now is just give a brief description of how I see Northern Anime Festival for this year.
I didn't go last year remember, I said that.It's not hard to answer at all, you just list events that you feel differ from other events that would attract people like me to choose you over someone else. You can say what you will, but it always comes down to money and competition.

You know, you make a great speech person but you really need to work on answering the question and not rounding it. I simply want to know if this will be worth it, you know you surpose to sell it.

Tsukasa_1
03-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Well I didn't mean it that way. It's just with all the stuff on these boards lately about how con's should do this and do that...and so forth.

I didn't go last year remember, I said that.It's not hard to answer at all, you just list events that you feel differ from other events that would attract people like me to choose you over someone else. You can say what you will, but it always comes down to money and competition.

When operating as a Non-Profit organization, your not in it to make money- as long as you can pay the bills and those who attend are happy then, all is good, I am not going to go around and twist peoples arms to come to Northern Anime Festival, it is solely the choice of the individual, the day it becomes some major competition will be the day we fold, and like I said in a previous post that all convention organizers help each other out one way or another, if it was a competition we would tell each other where to go.

You know, you make a great speech person but you really need to work on answering the question and not rounding it. I simply want to know if this will be worth it, you know you surpose to sell it.

I am not going to be repetitive nor going to compare Northern Anime Festival to another convention, -IF- you insist on knowing whatís going to happen at Northern Anime Festival, I highly suggest you read the site which is www.northernanime.ca, of which will be updated with new programming information as it arrives in, thus the reason why we have a website.

Daaku_Tai
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Yes well my internet sucks bum and won't let me view yours or gcaf's or AN's for that matter. So I kinda have to relied here. Now...just tell me and stop playing games. It was a simple question that needs a simple reply.

Chibik3r0
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM
This thread has nothing to do with cosplay.

Daaku_Tai: If you have personal questions about the con, seek answers to them through either the con website or contact someone who works for NAF. This is not the place to ask open questions about why one convention should be attended over another. This forum is for COSPLAY.

We've had too many problems with the Canadian forums in recent days and this is doing nothing to help the situation.

Daaku_Tai
03-15-2005, 11:01 PM
u_u I'm sorry, but I just thought since my internet was messed and I can barely do anything but go on here and DW Fortress for some god known reason I could get help here in the con's forum...but I guess I can't get help anyway then.

Tigerzeyes
04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I know I'm a big nerd for having no concept of geography, but whereabouts is Oshawa? I didn't think it was too north... but then again... I suck :) So who am I to say? :D I live in Sudbury, so any con closer to home is a big deal for me XD

Mekou
04-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Oshawa is basically the same distance as Toronto, just in a slightly different direction. ^^ This map shows where Oshawa is: http://www.boardwalkgallery.com/map.gif