PDA

View Full Version : Sketch of boredom

Alisa
01-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Sorry for the pic not showing up earlier. I pasted the wrong url.

Yes, most of my drawings are spawned from boredom and actual free time. I haven't gotten to draw anything more than doodles on notes for months. :crylaugh: I drew something along the lines of an elf hime. I roughly inked it, and will color it with either prismacolors or watercolors. The original is very large.
comments appreciated ^_^

Elf Hime (http://images.cosplay.com/data/3096/312elf_hime.jpg)
and here is a cropped pic of a larger pic than above

Elf Hime (cropped) (http://images.cosplay.com/data/3096/312elf-hime0.jpg)

Maryssa
01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Its got a very elegant style... and I like the composition too. I think her proportions could be a little off though. Try sketching some real or even photos of people to get a better feel for correct proportions =)

Alisa
01-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Thank you. I knew I was going to be nailed on that one. ^_^ This picture was actually going to be a real person, but I decided to turn it into an anime character. I have problems drawing foreshortening of figures and proportions when I don't have an aid. I will fix the drawing further more and re-post it. I want to get the darn proportions down. For some odd reason I had it stuck in my mind that I wasn't supposed to copy pictures of people. I will go do that too.

Maryssa
01-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Foreshortening is very very tricky!! It's all in the shading... and its hard to get the hang of! Try practicing more head-on poses first =) You definitely have a lot of potential with your attention to detail.

miko-sama
01-17-2003, 01:21 AM
I like your style of drawing. It IS elegant and I can't wait to see the revised drawing.

Alisa
01-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Why thanks, I will find time to redo parts of it and repost it.

Anime_kidd2k2
01-17-2003, 04:19 PM
cool piccy alisa! i think the eyes may be a little too wobbly, if u kno wut i mean, like a child's. and uh maryssa who is that sprite in ur sig? ive been wondering that 4 awhile...^_^;;

Anime_kidd2k2
01-17-2003, 04:22 PM
ah nvm dont listen to me alisa :P. i just thought that the face was child-ish but it wasnt really when i looked at it again :P cool attire on er though!

Alisa
01-24-2003, 07:40 AM
thanks. I have been working on it a little more, so I will repost it next week.