PDA

View Full Version : A-kon security?

still_lost
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey, I'm going to a-kon in june, and I was wondering how the security was? Were there alot of gaurds around the place?

Proz
03-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, I'm going to a-kon in june, and I was wondering how the security was? Were there alot of gaurds around the place?

No, but many with ego problems. Most were strained and pushed to the limit. Not exactly the nicest people to be around.

Anna
03-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Well they were pretty understaffed so I don't blame them. I only got asked for my badge once the entire con, compared to the 5 times at A-FEST .

still_lost
03-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Hm. Do you think by any chance this year will be better? Because my boyfriend and I were going to go by ourselves and our parents have been on our backs about it wanting to know information about the con. I say as lon as you're with other people and they know you're there at all times right? :untrust:

-___________-'

Anna
03-15-2005, 10:58 PM
It'll be better this year. They just moved to the Adams Mark last year. They're a bit mor accustomed to their surroundings now.

still_lost
03-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Yay thanks alot ^.^!

Kikala
03-19-2005, 11:13 PM
I know what you mean about your parents. Trust me, it's perfectly safe. The only thing that I would ever question is this one Miroku going around asking people to bear his child... though he said it all wrong... He was very funny though. And not at all badgering. ^^;

Anyway, I thought it was pretty safe, though yes, being understaffed a lot of them were irritable. Hopefully, since we're in the same place this year, they got a feel of how many staff members they would need and have gotten all the staff they need. ^^

kirineko
03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Anyway, I thought it was pretty safe, though yes, being understaffed a lot of them were irritable. Hopefully, since we're in the same place this year, they got a feel of how many staff members they would need and have gotten all the staff they need. ^^

Well, the problem wasn't with them not knowing how much staff they needed...the problem was with people simply not showing up after they volunteered. It's not something we can control, and unfortunately, security got hit hard with it last year.

We'll obviously do the best we can to avoid a repeat of last year. Not only was it stressful on the attendees, but also on the security staff. But again, a-kon is run by volunteers, so...we have to do what we can do with what we get.

If you want to help out, feel free to volunteer! Everyone gets accepted in some capacity, and you get free entry to the convention, as well as use of crash space. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to meet people.
http://www.a-kon.com/volunteer

Saikolady
04-11-2005, 06:21 AM
I know what you mean about your parents. Trust me, it's perfectly safe. The only thing that I would ever question is this one Miroku going around asking people to bear his child... though he said it all wrong... He was very funny though. And not at all badgering. ^^;

Unless you know him in real life *shudders*

Anyway, it's just as safe as anywhere else, so if your parents will let you go to the mall, then they should be fine with letting you go to A-Kon.