PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Ideas for Anime Detour 2006!?

Hyperion
03-18-2005, 01:35 AM
It's a bit early to make final decisions on costumes, but has anyone decided on their costumes next year? I am pretty set already!
Ion From Xodus .G. (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/229978/) (An original character of mine, that outfit is not final)
A Male version of Chise from Saikano (perhaps Shuji)
And Blonde Haired Kid from Kingdom Hearts 2...

I might whip out brave mode sora as well....

Also I am looking for a Chise, so if you are interested, contact me!

Y-lime
03-18-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Sakura Avalon's Red Cape battle costume from Card Captor Sakura. I also might try to do Tifa from FFVII, but i'm not sure. I might even enter the Masq. Contest next year for the 1st time! :bigtu:

Mucai
03-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Maybe I'll have a costume for next year. Cure Black or some random Kinomoto Sakura costume

Serria
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking that the next costume that I make will be Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI, Amano art style. Also have been toying with the idea of making a Final Fantasy Tactics White Mage. Those are my current new ideas, though I'm definitely goin to fix up Zelda a bit. :)

Zell dincht
03-18-2005, 01:51 PM
eh,....once again zell but far improved and kingdom hearts sephiroth. err...as for sam the squall who was taveling with me i have no idea.

smtemp
03-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I hope to have an Angel Sanctuary and Dynasty Warriors cosplay done.

Jen-neko
03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Seung Mina 2P from SC (dreamcast version) :D I really wanna do that one...(And Ivy, too, but I'm not sure if it'll happen by then or not).

I wanna work gradually on the Utena costume that SoA-chan did this year, so I hope to do that one as well. I wanna do someone from Inu-Yasha, but I'm torn between Kagome, Sango and Kagura.

Gothic_Catboy
03-18-2005, 04:41 PM
If you're going to do Ivy... better start it now... you have no idea how many parts that costume has to do it correctly.

treasure_chan
03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Definately some more J-rock. I've been thinking maybe Obscure Kyo, if I can get the rest of the group together... ^___^ *pokepokes singe*

SongofAmazon
03-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Hmm... I bet I'll have another Ami/Sailor Mercury costume by then... maybe Sailor Mahou-Henshin... that is if I can get back here for the con. The more I think about it, the more I want to, but we'll see where my spring break falls.

Crimson Deity
03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
If nothing goes totally wrong (and it very well could with this one) Cage Kaoru! My friend with the Cage Shinya will wear it this time. I'm really hoping I can come up with some people to be the other 3 members (hopefully that don't live as far a way as my Toshiya who never made it does).
Next year I'll for sure stay for more than one day, so I'll probably fix up the Myaku costume and bring that too.

Cheza07
03-18-2005, 09:53 PM
im planning on Meg from Baku-ten and Rinoa (ballroom)!
~Katie

Singe
03-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Crimson Deity- Actually, Treasure_chan and I were discussing costumes for next year earlier, and Cage came up...more than once (though some other outfits did as well). So if all else fails and the two of us can't gather the rest of our group, we could probably help fill in.

Treasure-chan- You now have the right to smack me upside the head for any of the above statement. ^.^ (Though I don't know if our Kaoru from this year will agree to any costume that doesn't involve a prop that she can molest us with. XD And if anyone else is reading this and dosn't know what I'm talking about...you probably really don't want to know )

treasure_chan
03-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Actually Singe, I totally agree. XD Sounds good to me. That is, if other people are interested. XD

Crimson Diety, were you there this year? o.o Or am I like totally just blanking out? ^^;

K~chan
03-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey im going as Amy from Baku-ten!!

PockyBunny
03-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, I defenitley have been thinking about it, but nothing is for sure yet. I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head ^_^

Crimson Deity
03-19-2005, 02:50 PM
treasure_chan: Yeah, I was there. Only on Saturday though because thanks to the nasty weather, my driveway iced over on Friday and my crappy little car refused to cooperate (had to wait until Saturday to bum a ride with my dad ^^") Right when I got there, I saw you guys out by registration and took your picture, remember? I was in charge of my little sister and her friends, so I had a constant train 13-yr-olds. Ah well, Singe's got a picture of me in her gallery.
Singe: Well, I really hope you guys do get your group back together because it was awesome! (really wish my picture of you guys turned, but alas, my camera seems to have earned itself a one-way trip out my third-floor window) If not though, I would love the help. ^^

RinnyTinTinny
03-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Made a List...Will edit...alot prolly

Coming up [Hopefully]
-Rin[Inuyasha]: Hey my name's Rin, I'm short and cute and a Lover of the Fluffy, Why not?
-Rain[G Gundam]:Hey I like my G Gundam...Plus I can do my hair like hers ^.^
-Strawberry[Original]: Started out as a costume design i made based off a friends wig then I liked that so much i wanted one like it!
-Fire Dance Fairy [Amy Brown]: Wanted to do this forever!

Wishlist
-Embla von Prios[War of Genesis III : Part 1]: Might do a blue version...I look icky in brown
-Lehas/Rehath[Manga Carta]: My dream costume for some odd reason
-Jester Outfit [Card Captor Sakura]: i love this costume

treasure_chan
03-21-2005, 11:25 PM
treasure_chan: Yeah, I was there. Only on Saturday though because thanks to the nasty weather, my driveway iced over on Friday and my crappy little car refused to cooperate (had to wait until Saturday to bum a ride with my dad ^^") Right when I got there, I saw you guys out by registration and took your picture, remember? I was in charge of my little sister and her friends, so I had a constant train 13-yr-olds. Ah well, Singe's got a picture of me in her gallery.
Singe: Well, I really hope you guys do get your group back together because it was awesome! (really wish my picture of you guys turned, but alas, my camera seems to have earned itself a one-way trip out my third-floor window) If not though, I would love the help. ^^

Gah, yes, I remember now. My brain is still kinda fuzzy from con overload. XD sorry. I really liked your costume, though. The pink hair... *.* Bwee...

Crimson Deity
03-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Gah, yes, I remember now. My brain is still kinda fuzzy from con overload. XD sorry. I really liked your costume, though. The pink hair... *.* Bwee...
Haha. It's okay, I know what you mean about con overload!
Ah, yeah...the hair. ^^" It was sort of painfully bright (or so some people were *kind* enough to tell me).
Well, I'm gald you liked the costume! Means a ton to me!

Singe
03-26-2005, 12:41 AM
On a totally random note, the idea of a massive D.N. Angel cosplay group has come up for next year. What do you guys think about the idea? Good? Bad? Utterly insane?

treasure_chan
03-26-2005, 08:18 AM
On a totally random note, the idea of a massive D.N. Angel cosplay group has come up for next year. What do you guys think about the idea? Good? Bad? Utterly insane?

...Yes. :D

Also, Hellsing. X3 I would love to do a Seras cosplay, with the big gun and all.

SongofAmazon
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Big groups look like fun. I'm, as always, trying to get a Sailor Moon cosplay group started, but being rather unsuccessful. Well, I have a full year, we shall see. ^^

Gothic_Catboy
03-26-2005, 03:00 PM
I plan to be... a better Ivy! With sword-whip and all...

Zell dincht
03-26-2005, 07:49 PM
i decided to replace my zell costume next year for jack skeleton from nightmare before christmas but yeah gonna take me awhile to finish sephi first.

RinnyTinTinny
03-29-2005, 12:26 AM

Never seen/read It but If It's theres a simple costume I can do, sure...I'll even reserch the character... Just tell me which one...uh if theres a short charrie I'd be good there...I'm only 4'11" heh....anyway Anyone going as A Sesshomaru next year? I'm planning on being a Rin.

-Rin

Jen-neko
03-29-2005, 01:38 AM
treasure_chan -- If you do Seras, I'll do Integra =^^=

I've decided I will finish that Animerica cover Utena costume that I want to do so badly :3 I'll try to work on a Sailor Neptune for you, SoA-chan! =^_^=

Oiy, the "to-do" list just keeps getting longer and longer...

DeadLegato
04-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Attention: Are you thinking you might want to do a skit in next year's Masquerade? Then you must write the Anime Detour convention organizers NOW. As of this point, skits are on the block to be axed for next year. If you do not speak up, there will be none, and the Masquerade will be run as strictly walk-ons only. The Masquerade staff cannot do anything about this, without your help that is. That is why we need you to write and tell them to make the right decision.

Go to the forums. Email the main web addresses. (Not the cosplay address, because I already know you want skits... I dunno if I'm returning next year. Depends on if I move come May or not.)
But the key thing is: BE POLITE. Shouting and going "Wah, meanies won't let us have skits!" won't help. You need to politely write to them and let them know that you, the cosplayers and the attendees, want skits.

This is up to you guys now. Get your friends to help you write in. Be nice. If you don't, there won't be much of an opportunity to complain about it next year.

treasure_chan
04-05-2005, 10:01 PM
treasure_chan -- If you do Seras, I'll do Integra =^^=

Hee, really? :3 That'd be awesome, seriously.

SongofAmazon
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Jen- woo! more Sailor Moon cosplayers. ^^ We can be water senshi together.

I emailed AD and they told me that cancelling skits for the masquerade was just a rumor. What's that now?

Singe
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=RinnyTinTinny]Never seen/read It but If It's theres a simple costume I can do, sure...I'll even reserch the character... Just tell me which one...uh if theres a short charrie I'd be good there...I'm only 4'11" heh...QUOTE]

There are a couple of short characters both male and female in the series, but at this point we haven't really figured out who is gonna cosplay who or really if anyone even wants to deall with all the time/money that would be put into correctly cosplaying some of the characters...reminds me of the Rayearth group we were supposed to have finished for this year's AD...^.^

FirearmofMutiny
04-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Jen- woo! more Sailor Moon cosplayers. ^^ We can be water senshi together.

I emailed AD and they told me that cancelling skits for the masquerade was just a rumor. What's that now?

Just to be safe, I'd still put pressure on them. (You've sent them an email? One is plenty. ^_^) It won't hurt to rattle them a little bit (BUT ONLY A LITTLE!) over a little rumor, if that's what it was.

RinnyTinTinny
04-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Random question, also stupid one but thoose who have wigs, where'd you guys get your styrofoam wig heads? my friend got me a wig but the store she got it from was all outta wig heads so i need to get one soon ^.^ This small paint bucket [don't worry it's clean] is pissing my wig off.

-Rin

SongofAmazon
04-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I got my from amphigory. ^^

Singe
04-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Most wig stores have a few extra wig heads around that they're willing to sell, usually for like $3 and up. They usually sell wig heads at http://www.cosplaysupplies.com for pretty cheap, especially if you get them from the year-end special section.

Crimson Deity
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Random question, also stupid one but thoose who have wigs, where'd you guys get your styrofoam wig heads? my friend got me a wig but the store she got it from was all outta wig heads so i need to get one soon ^.^ This small paint bucket [don't worry it's clean] is pissing my wig off.

-Rin
I bought mine at amphigory when I bought my wig, but in the past I've seen them for around $3.00 at Sally's. Also, many stores that sell hair extensions also carry wigs--some of those will sell foam heads. (at least that's true for the ones I've been too)

Zell dincht
04-19-2005, 08:39 PM
who's planning on going all 3 days?

SongofAmazon
04-19-2005, 10:34 PM
If I can, I will. It depents on when the hold the con. It looks like my spring break *might* fall on the convention. Otherwise, I pretty much couldn't go at all... since I will be in Ohio next year for college.

Crimson Deity
04-19-2005, 11:32 PM
who's planning on going all 3 days?
Depends when it will be held next year. If it's later in March then it was this year, I'll be on break and probaly attend all three days. Otherwise, I hope to be there Friday evening and all day Saturday...at least that's better than just going on Saturday like i did this year. :thumbsup:

RinnyTinTinny
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I will prolly...next year my friend's gonna be driving so whee ^.^hopefully my mom wont plan shit right on my spring break if the cons then...do they have the suggested dates up yet on the site?

-Rin

Jen-neko
04-20-2005, 10:43 PM
How many days I'm there depends on where I am by next March :P I'm trying to finish my AA by the end of fall semester, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen or not....even if it does, I don't know if I'm gonna take some time off from school, or go somewhere else in the spring (where, however, I have no clue..)

So, yeah. Maybe, maybe not. I'll try to set aside Saturday and Sunday at least, though.

Mucai
04-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Would anyone give me money if I put up a Paypal donate thingy to come to AD next year? ^^;;

SongofAmazon
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
*laughs* I'm afraid I wouldn't. I have, quite literarly, nothing in my bank account at the moment. I still haven't recovered from the con.

blackest_heart
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
im doing mervilles(sp?) Gackt ... nothing better than big black wings hehehe

Singe
04-30-2005, 09:23 AM
im doing mervilles(sp?) Gackt ... nothing better than big black wings hehehe

Gackt!...that makes me way too happy...

Anyway, random update, if anyone cares: The D.N. Angel group has pretty much died a painful death, and Myaku seems to be the (or one of, depending on how much time we have) theme for our Diru group for next year.

Mucai
04-30-2005, 10:18 AM
I think they said that it was going to be in the same place next year, 2 weeks later. I think Anime Detour and SakuraCon are going to be on the same weekend next year from what I remember them saying at the AD closing and the SakuraCon book.

I think for me next year (if work stops messing with my hours), I'll go to AX and maybe one in the week or two after that. Round the World trip heading east from Aus. start in LA, end in Tokyo. :)

treasure_chan
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Gackt!...that makes me way too happy...

Anyway, random update, if anyone cares: The D.N. Angel group has pretty much died a painful death, and Myaku seems to be the (or one of, depending on how much time we have) theme for our Diru group for next year.

On the Diru group... We need a Shinya and Die. o_o Anyone wanna volunteer?

Singe
05-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Actually, I was thinking I'd be the Shinya this time...and we can always harass Kira into being Die...or just kidnap my sister since she wants the Myaku Die outfit anyway.

treasure_chan
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Actually, I was thinking I'd be the Shinya this time...and we can always harass Kira into being Die...or just kidnap my sister since she wants the Myaku Die outfit anyway.

Really? Jessica said you wanted to be Kaoru... Oh well! Yes yes, kidnap your sister! Then we'll just need one (maybe Kira ^^; )

RinnyTinTinny
05-02-2005, 11:37 PM
whoo @.@ Anyone doing an original cosplay I am^.^

Jen-neko
05-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I plan on it =^_^= I was gonna bring my original catgirl to AD 2005, but my cats wrecked it :/ so I plan on making a new original catgirl sometime in the future, hopefully will have it done by my next con (Anime Iowa, speculatively). I'm going for a tiger girl look this time :D

SongofAmazon
05-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I've already gone as two original characters. ^^ My first cosplay ever was my otaku senshi Sailor Autumn, and this year at AD, I dressed as Caloris's Sailor Caloris. ^^

A friend of mine designed the Empyrium Sailor Senshi for her fanfic, and I think it'd be really fun to do an original design costume too. I'm terrible at original designs, but my friend would gladly let me cosplay her design, as long as I plugged her fic. ^^''

RinnyTinTinny
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
spiffy...my sketches are total crap [no seriously] because they were...random design...must get down before idea dies sketches...good fun..I also did a revamped version of Tinker bell for my friend whos obsessed and such so shes gonna wear that next AD ... anyway

do we have dates for AD 06' yet...because I need to know so i can pre-reg. I can't afford to spend $50 anymore ^.^;

-Rin

SongofAmazon
05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I haven't seen any yet. I'd really like to know... so that I can know if I'll be there. If it's over my spring break, definately. If not, I can't fly back from Ohio for it. ;_; *prays*

RinnyTinTinny
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
kewl...Out of curiosity for thoose who have Originals planned/ have planned, what are you guys doing? Fairies, pirates, etc? I'm bored and i decided to post

treasure_chan
05-10-2005, 08:33 PM
kewl...Out of curiosity for thoose who have Originals planned/ have planned, what are you guys doing? Fairies, pirates, etc? I'm bored and i decided to post

I've started thinking about doing my character off of World of Warcraft. But... we'll see about that. Maybe I'll just be a generic Night Elf.

Jen-neko
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
As far as original characters go, I'm just gonna try and do my tiger girl (if I can ever find the right faux fur....*tear*)

Bah, I need to figure out what I'm gonna do for Anime Iowa =x_x= (or if me going is even feasible....stupid college starting early next fall..)

Master Gamer
05-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm going as Link in his PJs. My two guy friends are going as Kei and Sho from Moon Child. We're about 50% done with ours.

Hyperion
05-13-2005, 01:11 PM
My original design is from a story that I attempted to start writing...I kinda crapped out on it and stopped though. It's a pretty cool design. The guy is an elf.(once again here is the link http://www.sheezyart.com/view/229978/) I might see if I can get another person to do the bad guy of the story, but i still have to design his costume.

luvHaru7
05-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Hmm... I'm planning to do Misao (RuroKen) next year. It would be her ninja outfit. I'll need to figure out a pattern for that (or find one). Also, I should do Tohru sometime, since I look the part normally. I'd want to do one of her dresses, though. No school uniforms fer me. :P

Zell dincht
05-29-2005, 03:29 PM
i decided finaly to save sephi for a diffrent con so i am gunna be albel the wicked from star ocean 3 till the end of time

Tsukasa52
06-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Well my friend went as Tsukasa for anime detour 2005 he was the one with the staff thats what i was gonna go as but i didn't have time for the costurme.....this year I'm planning as going as Vahn from Escaflowne.

Jen-neko
06-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I have decided to add Mizuho from Onegai Teacher to my cosplay "to-do" list =^_^= (just went to the Goodwill and found a shirt that'd work for her teacher outfit...with some slight alterations, of course). If I can find a decent red shirt so I can do Gren (Cowboy Bebop), then I'll do him, too (been looking for awhile, but no luck =x_x= Grr, I wanna crossplay!).

I still plan on doing my Tigergirl, but I've yet to find faux fur that I like. Found some online that's close, debating about ordering a swatch. If that's the only place I can get decent faux fur, then so be it :P

There might be one more, but I'll let that be a surprise =^_^=

Zell dincht
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
sorry guys looks like i ain't gonna make it this year i won't have the money my sis needs a liver transplant since she isn't on insurance it's going to cost alot so my job is gonna help pay for a the opperation. maybe i'll you you all ad 2007. -_- i was so damn excited too.

SongofAmazon
06-29-2005, 09:53 PM
It's still up in the air whether I will make it back or not. My spring break starts that saturday... so if I don't have any friday classes, or just early ones, I could at least make it for saturday and sunday. But that also depends on money and finding roomies. We shall see.

Jen-neko
06-30-2005, 12:45 AM
This year won't be as convenient as last year, since my spring break is going to be toward the beginning of March and the con is toward the end of March :/ (last year it fell on the weekend of spring break, so I didn't have class on Friday and was able to drive down with my friends nice and early).

I'm gonna start saving money as soon as possible (and this year I won't spend so damn much on Christmas presents for people who could care less about me =>_>=;; ). Plus I'm pretty sure I know who I'll be rooming with already, so that's nice and convenient :D

Anyway, in addition to Mizuho and Gren, there is Fruits Basket cosplay in my future (as my signature dictates ;P). If I could settle on one character....=>_>=;; I think I know who I want to do, though. But I'll let that be a secret for now :P

Chiefwanabigmac
06-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Assuming I build up the ballz to go for it and stick to it... I am doing Clive from Wild Arms 3.

Zell dincht
06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
meh anyway i think i can scrap up a few buck but i doubt i can get enough but ive set my costumes if i can so yeah.

treasure_chan
06-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm working on a Myaku Kyo for both Otakon 2005 and AD 2006. Other than that, I may work on something else for AD later on this year...

RinnyTinTinny
07-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I got my original and Rin from Inuyasha all lined up...now I just need to get them started and pre-register ^.^
-Rin

Singe
07-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Right now, it looks like I might have an Uchiha Sasuke costume from Naruto, owing to the fact that I bought a pretty good Sasuke wig off of someone I know...but I haven't decided what version to make yet, though I am leaning toward the black outfit.

Anyway, does anyone else plan to cosplay from Naruto? Will there be another photoshoot /gathering thingy? Just thought I'd ask. ^.^

Cheza07
07-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Anyway, does anyone else plan to cosplay from Naruto? Will there be another photoshoot /gathering thingy? Just thought I'd ask. ^.^
I might bring my hinata from animeiowa this year but ive been wanting to try gaara so i might have him for next year.
~Katie

Y-lime
08-14-2005, 12:53 AM
I plan on going as Sakura from CCS and possibly Tifa. :dance: I might even enter the costume contest for the first time!! i'm kind of nervous, though. :thumbsup:

TragedyGraves
08-14-2005, 02:02 AM
I think.. My costume for AD'06 will be Ryomo from Ikkitousen.. Her little.. Maid.. Outfit.. Thing.. Yeeah.. LoL. I'll probably bring the Paranoia Agent costume back with me.. I'll have to paint new shoes though.. Old ones are getting kinda icky.. -.-;

~Erika~

Shikamaru_rocks
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Last year I went as hinata from Naruto..... I was the one with really blue hair. heh. Anyways right now I am working on a anbu costume for anime reactor and will probably use that one a lot for anime detour..... Depending how my money situation turns out I may make another costume but I am not sure as of yet. Otherwise I also have another costume (Kathy from suikoden 3) that I may bring as well.

Cheza07
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
I really wanna go as gaara to animedetour and get my friend to go as temari with me. is anyone planning a kankuro cosplay? cuz it would be really cool if we could get some pics together as the sand group! :)
~Katie

xbattyxspiderx
08-25-2005, 11:58 PM
this year... anime detours gunna be my first con O_O and I'm psyched I don't care if its in 2006 I'm already plotting and saving... I'm gunna crossplay as hatsuharu sohma rawr it'll be fun but hair i need help with I'm not a wig fan but I have no idea how i'd find a goood place to get hair cut dyed and styled without killing my hair...

Master Gamer
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
For those Fruits Basket cosplayers, two or three or my friends will be doing Kyo Sohma, Yuki Sohma, and Shigure Sohma. It all depends if we can get their costumes done on time. It'll be their first time to cosplay, although they've been there since the con first started.

xbattyxspiderx
08-31-2005, 01:47 AM
hey master i wanna follow....... i've never been to con or cossplayed o-o my friend is like.... "you must go...."

Master Gamer
08-31-2005, 09:03 AM
My friends are guys, and this will be my first time to the Detour. I'm really excited, but also scared that a Drumline show will happen to be on the same weekend so I'm wary. If you see us, come on over. We'll be wandering around. DDR or shopping. LOL

xbattyxspiderx
08-31-2005, 09:51 PM
will do capi-ton; if you see a random stalker it might be me XD :p

tara_davis
08-31-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm going to my first-ever anime convention in Dallas this weekend (AnimeFest), where I will crossplay as Ran Kotobuki from SuperGALS!

I live in Bloomington though, and had no idea there was an anime con right under my nose! I will definately make plans to go to that one, and I'm thinking I will either do Yomiko Readman from R.O.D, or (if I lose enough weight in time) Sakaki-san from Azumanga.

Hooray for crossplay (especially you girls who crossplay as guys! That is so very cool!)

Hyperion
09-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Looks like I have a new Sora costume I have to make.... ooooo its bluuuuuueeee....head over to kh2.co.uk if you havent seen it yet... It's always fun to be one of the people to do a certain costume first

FirearmofMutiny
09-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hmmm... the idea going through my head right now is Goh Hinogami from Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. This time, literally no one will know who I'm cosplaying as. XD (Last year, at least people at the U of M's anime club saw Cromartie, so they knew who I was)

Zell dincht
09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
should one of these years i go as pen pen then a gundam?

Master Gamer
09-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Hmm, I always thought the new Sora suit was black. But on closer inspection it is blue. I love it even more! :love:

Jen-neko
09-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Sora's KH2 outfit is black.... but there's also a blue (and red) version apparently :P I like the blue one best, though.

I'm thinking of scratching Mizuho from the list and replacing her with someone else, though I haven't decided who yet. I'm debating between a few (though mostly Kagome and Mamimi.....Mamimi because I want to, and Kagome because I already have most of the materials, I just never actually made the costume =>.>=). I still plan on doing Gren, though. And a character from Fruits Basket (though I'll leave whom a secret for now :P)

paranoiaprinces
09-04-2005, 03:37 PM
this year... anime detours gunna be my first con O_O and I'm psyched I don't care if its in 2006 I'm already plotting and saving... I'm gunna crossplay as hatsuharu sohma rawr it'll be fun but hair i need help with I'm not a wig fan but I have no idea how i'd find a goood place to get hair cut dyed and styled without killing my hair...

I crosplayed Haru for the CNanime Con, and the wig wasn't too bad... I got a friend to cut it for me, and I found in a shoppers drugmart (a drugstore, and beautysupplies) this dye stick, that colours a wig. they have black. I just got a white, wig, a guy's wig, that was caooed "rockstar" and I cut the back to make it look more Haru like, then got the dye stick, and coloured the back with that. To hide my hair, I made three braids, and just bobbypinned them to my head... I have alot of hair, and it only took me 6 bobby pins to do this. If you have anymore questions, e-mail me, paranoiaprincess@hotmail.com

also, if you crosplay him, expect to be 'fangirl'ed all over. My friends went as Kyo, and Ayame... people noticed Kyo, then looksed at me, and kept asking to hug us... I had my own fangroup and everything. There were hundreds of pictures, although I can't seem to find any online.

anyway, good luck with Haru

tara_davis
09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I had a lot of fun crossplaying as Ran Kotobuki at AnimeFEST (my first ever con!) down in Dallas last weekend. I might recycle that cosplay for AD if I can't think of something better.

After all, it probably won't be many of the same people there.

Hentai_Sakura
09-17-2005, 01:14 PM
So far I have Rider from Fate/Stay Night and Windy from Card Captor Sakura (To go along with Y-lime's costume. ^^) planned and for sure I'll be cosplaying as the hentai Sakura!

Midori445
10-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I was Sakura (from Naruto) last year I plan to be her again also I'm doing a deadly sins group with some friends and I will be dressing up a Sloth:bigtu:

-FLCL-Amarao
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM
I know for sure that I'm doing Lord Canti from FLCL again--though with numerous repairs, revamps, and just plain new things (it needs a lot of work...).

Besides that, I'm planning on doing Roy Mustang from FMA--I can help it, I just like the series that much.....

Hmmmm, maybe I'll pull Commander Amarao from FLCL (the eyebrow guy) out of retirement.... Ahh, who knows...

Oh, and Hentai_Sakura--I was the Sakon from Friday night at Anime Iowa, I hope you're doing that costume again--that kicked @$$

Edit--On a darker note--That Sakon has been officially retired and all pictures of it burned, it was a mistake in every sense of the words "mistake" and "cosplay" and will never again see the light of day

Hentai_Sakura
10-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Sakon! *pounces on* I do plan on doing hentai Sakura again, I love the costume so much..I just might have to make it a costume I wear at every con. ^^ Only, I hope by Detour I can get a katana and redo the kunai holster so it'll stay up better.

Can't wait to see your Canti again, you looked awsome!

Jen-neko
10-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, I finally settled on Mamimi from FLCL for Halloween (things just kept going wrong with the other costumes I planned =-_-=). So, I'm probably gonna be bringing that. If I can find you in your Lord Canti, I'd love to take pictures with you, Amarao =^^=

-FLCL-Amarao
10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Well, I finally settled on Mamimi from FLCL for Halloween (things just kept going wrong with the other costumes I planned =-_-=). So, I'm probably gonna be bringing that. If I can find you in your Lord Canti, I'd love to take pictures with you, Amarao =^^=

Yay!!! I <3 FLCL groups and I <3 Mamimi's!!! Fyi, I'll be wearing Canti on Saturday, so I'll be looking for you!!!

Jen-neko
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
OK! =^^= I'm excited now....I'll have to remember to wear Mamimi on Saturday, then...

I just hope I can get my wig in time for Halloween =>.>=

Auros
11-10-2005, 06:21 PM
This might sound odd, but I will be trying to make up from Florida for Anime Detour; it coincides with spring break at my college and I've wanted to check out a con out of state. If I can make it and depending on if I get the other costume done, I will either be cosplaying 2 versions of Sabin Rene Figaro from Final Fantasy VI, if I don't get my hair dyed, then I will be going as Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! and Miroku from Inuyasha.
Wish me luck on planning to get up there (and if anyone wants to share a hotel because of the costs, let me know so I can try and set up beforehand =0 p )

Singe
11-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Auros: Good luck on getting up here for Detour! It's stilll a pretty young con, but that doesn't really mean anything, since I've had as much fun there as I've had at AI in the past. Good luck on the costumes, too. There aren't a lot of Tenchi cosplayers out there (especially guys) that I've seen, so it'll be cool to see, if you make it to AD. ^.^

On a side note, for my personal cosplay....Think recent CLAMP release...and a series I know basically nothing about. :thumbsup: But it's pretty, and working on it makes me want to make a Kazekage Gaara outfit...

Katsuro
11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm going as Faust VIII~

And I have another costume from Soul Calibur I'll be wearing one day too.

Dakota
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
You'll be able to recognize me...I'll be the one with the massively pimped out Mitsurugi outfit...w00t

Hyperion
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Damnation...theres a new Yellow Sora costume out now too.... Guess I got my work cut out for me... two soras...one con.... can I do it?

WEEE *runs off to S.R. Harris*

Cheza07
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
id like to make a juri rose bride dress but we will see if i can get enough money.. im spending waay to much on snowboarding this year lol.
--katie

RaDragon76
12-15-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm planning on going but have not yet decided what to take. I'll probably be cosplaying as Hisoka from Yami no Matsuei, Jonouchi from Yugioh and Omi from Weiss Kruez.

Jen-neko
12-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm toying with the idea of an Utena costume, though I can't seem to settle on something...I have it narrowed down to two, but I can't decide =x_x= If I get stuck, I'll likely scrap that idea...

Just trying to come up with other costumes aside of Mamimi...If anyone has any ideas, do let me know :P

Cat the Terribl
01-05-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm going as Matsumoto Rangiku from Bleach. :3 I'll also replay my Al costume from the Fullmetal Alchemist movie.

grandis
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
This year to Anime Detour I plan

Ciel from Tsukihime
Lust from Full Metal Alchemist (probably her last appearance, since this show is waaaaaayyyy overdone these days)
Haydee from Gankutsuou
Safety from Risky/Safety
Caterina Sforza from Trinity Blood

Grandis

TheDarkOne
01-09-2006, 07:19 AM
hey someone else has seen Risky/Safety-- you are my idol! You have to let me know what day you'll be Safety so I can get your picture- that's so cool!

TheDarkOne
01-09-2006, 07:24 AM
For AD I'm torn between Chrono and Rosette from Chrono Crusade... leaning more towards Chrono....

Is anyone looking for cosplay groups or anything? I'm open to suggestion...

*dances*

Jen-neko
01-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I've settled (finally) on Jessica from Dragon Quest VIII (both her normal outfit, and her bunny suit for later in the evening :P) and Kairi from KH2 for my other costumes. I still plan on doing Mamimi, only I need to make a few touch-ups.....might invest in a better wig, if I find I have the money.

Now if only I could get to SR Harris to buy fabric...=;_;=

CapsuleCorp
01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
SR Harris... *drooling sounds*

I suppose since it's getting close, I can mention my own cosplay plans, even though they're not set in stone yet. I'm somewhat attached to a group that includes GreenFire, khenemetset, and RaDragon (somewhat? Okay, FULLY) so it sort of depends on what others are bringing. But Anime Detour will be my debut of Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou. Anything after that depends on what the gang is doing - you're sure to see Yami Yugi and at least one Saiyuki costume, but I don't know if Hiei will get to play this time.

RaDragon76
01-10-2006, 10:29 AM
CapsuleCorp- I know I'm bringing Ryou Bakura and Hisoka Kurosaki for sure but I haven't narrowed down a third character yet. Probably I'll bring Doma Arc Joey though. I thought I might bring Omi from Weiss but I think it'll be too cold since I'm cosplaying him in assassin mode and he wear shorts then.

TheDarkOne
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Ahhh I am so excited there will my Yu-Gi-Oh charries there! :toothy: :toothy: :toothy: :toothy: :toothy:

CapsuleCorp
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Ack! Shorts in March? Probably not a good idea. :) Granted, it's later in March this year, but in MN (like here in WI) you never know when it's going to be 60 or 20 in March. Definitely tailor whatever else you bring to the weather. Hence why I'm really not thinking about bringing Kougaiji, too drafty. Depends on how much force Yaone exerts on me. ;)

Too many costumes, too little time, particularly for just sitting around Artist's Alley...

GreenFire
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Hence why I'm really not thinking about bringing Kougaiji, too drafty. Depends on how much force Yaone exerts on me. ;)

Trust me...force will be exerted.

So far I'm planning to bring:
Yaone-Saiyuki
Yuuri-Kyou Kara Maou
Kaiba-Yugioh
Yami Bakura-Yugioh
Possibly Kurama if I get roped into being the masquerade which I hope i'm not...this would be my third time in the masquerade as kurama in as many years at detour..
and possibly Homura, if Yaone's shoes start to hurt too much.

khenemetset
01-11-2006, 02:04 AM
CapsuleCorp: So you're fully attached to us? YAY. Yugi hopes to get Yami out and about a little...can't have you sitting on your butt the entire time after all. Yugi wants attention. XD Might as well live it up I suppose.

For me...

Tsuzuki to go with RaDragon's Hisoka. Though I know I have to make some additions to my trenchcoat which I bought and love and works well for the character. ^^

Yugi: Duelist Kingdom, Dungeon Dice Monsters, Battle City and probably his star pajamas versions. Dungeon Dice Monsters and star jammies being the new additions to the costumes. ^^

Anything else is up in the air. I know we won't have the Kyo Kara Maoh maids finished by them as we've not even bought anything for them and can't untill the end of the month. But who knows...we might bring Sora and Sunao if we finish them though it would be without wigs at the moment...sadly

TheDarkOne
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Hmmm.. aren't you guys making the big Yu-Gi-Oh group that's going to ACEN? I may be hallucinating but I could swear I read your posts on the ACEN forum...???

RaDragon76
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Ack! Shorts in March? Probably not a good idea. :) Granted, it's later in March this year, but in MN (like here in WI) you never know when it's going to be 60 or 20 in March. Definitely tailor whatever else you bring to the weather.

I know the feeling. The weather here in Missouri can be like that too. It was in the 60s this passed Sunday but now its been steadily in the 30-40 range. Wearing shorts in the 60s wouldn't be a problem but if the temperature would suddenly drop then it would be. :toothy:

Greenfire- That's a lot of costumes. I don't think that I'm bringing that many myself unless I drag out my Mokuba costume again or finish some other versions of Jounounchi in time. I wish Khene and I could be finished with KKM maids in time but we can't even get the material for it right now thanks to my computer having been to the repair shop. No money equals no material. When I finally do get some money I'll need to buy a wig first before anything else.

TheDarkOne- Yeah, we are some of the people in the Yugioh post on the ACen forum.

CapsuleCorp
01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Hmmm.. aren't you guys making the big Yu-Gi-Oh group that's going to ACEN? I may be hallucinating but I could swear I read your posts on the ACEN forum...???

LOL yup...we're EVERYWHERE!!!! :D What can I say? When you meet several like-minded individuals from around the region who love to form big groups with costumes from the same series...it just happens.

Uh oh, looks like both Yami and Alastair will have to make an appearance. :) I'm concentrating mainly on finishing Wolfy, though - he needs a wig and I can't settle on which one to buy. He's my major debut and wants to plaaayyyy...

TheDarkOne
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Where you guys at Detour last year too?

RaDragon76
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I haven't been to Detour before but I did attend ACen last year.

CapsuleCorp- I really don't have a major debut for Detour unless Khene and I have a chance to finish Sora and Sunoa's (Sukisho) school uniforms in time for the con. I don't think we will have wigs for them though. I think Khene wants to find wigs that are the right color and that she doesn't have to work to much with but we'll see.

GreenFire
01-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Where you guys at Detour last year too?

CapsuleCorp and I were at Detour last year, with two of our other friends in a yugioh group, and a yuyuhakusho group.

khenemetset
01-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I wasn't at Detour last year...as RaDragon said... This will be my first time there. I'm looking forward to it -it'll be nice to see everyone once more.

RaDragon76
01-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I think I might bring Silent Magician Level 0 as my final cosplay for the weekend. Yugi wants to have one of his monsters at the con.

Bobio Inevuana
01-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm doing the over-done Lulu cosplay from Final Fantasy X. ...I hope I can do it well to compensate for the lack of originality. ;_;

Jen-neko
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
LOL, I was thinking about doing Lulu as well =^^=;; But I decided Kairi was easier, plus I could get more use out of my Mamimi wig... *cheapass*

SongofAmazon
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
All I know is that I'll be Princess Mercury for a while with a nice-sized group and I'll have a couple of my Sakura Mankai girls along running around in pink with me.

We are in seach of a Princess Neptune though. If anyone is interested, please pm me. ^^

Jen-neko
01-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Princess Neptune.....that is so tempting....*has been wanting to do a Neptune cosplay for some time now*....

I'll get back to you on that one :3 If I can find the fabric (and the time), I will be your Neptune!

SongofAmazon
01-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Awesome Jen! I'll hold the spot for you. Warn me with a decent ammount of time if you can't. ^^

Jen-neko
01-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Well, I'm going fabric shopping on Saturday (finally! SR Harris here I come!), so if I don't find anything that'll work for the dress, then I'll let you know probably by Sunday. Though I'm actually gonna put some effort into finding good fabric (and making an effort at the costume), because now I've gone and gotten myself all excited about it...=>.>=;;

LiveProp
01-21-2006, 01:13 PM
If you're looking for a nicely made ANBU mask I make them! Plaster coated, smooth masks that looks great!
If you're interested feel free to e-mail me or see me at Anime Detour 06. :)

Anbu-Ally

RinnyTinTinny
01-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I'm going fabric shopping on Saturday (finally! SR Harris here I come!), so if I don't find anything that'll work for the dress, then I'll let you know probably by Sunday. Though I'm actually gonna put some effort into finding good fabric (and making an effort at the costume), because now I've gone and gotten myself all excited about it...=>.>=;;

I love SR Harris...It is a god.

Zell dincht
01-24-2006, 04:49 PM
you it's zell from last year to all who saw me well my sephi is almost done i'll have pics up in maybe the next two weeks ^^.
~ZD

Menzeeto
01-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Well, as the sig implies, Ike from FE9, Urahara from Bleach, and random Shinobi.

Zell dincht
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
ooooh fe whoops thought you said ff9 i'm like there is not ike ^^;; i'm stuck in the game i was thinking of doing ike sometime hopt it turns out good.

Halo
02-15-2006, 01:20 AM
I'll probably just wear my Vash outfit since the Optimus Prime aint done yet...so I'll go with a Vash with cat ears...hahaha

Bobio Inevuana
02-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I was actually thinking about doing Miyavi as a quick last minute thing, like, on Sunday. ^_^ Have any of you seen Miyavi's Ashita Genki ni Naare PV? I like his peace flag? ^o^/