PDA

View Full Version : Hellows from Brazil!!!!

Legato/Machan
05-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi guys!
I'm Legato, I'm a guy from Brazil.
I've never cosplayed before, but until the end of the year it will change.
I like most of the anime and manga. I love music (any kind). I like anime cards too.
Well I'm not very good in introducing myself and I hpoe I'm not making mistakes in my english.

Wel cya

Legato

Adella
05-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Welcome to Cosplay.com! Wow someone from Brazil that's so awesome. Were you referred here or just typed it in? Do you come to cons up in the US and Canada?

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 05:29 PM
Hellooo! Welcome welcome! ^___^ *gives Legato a Peppermint Pattie*
I used to collect anime cards! ^^ But it got soooo expensive. Even more expensive than cosplay! XD
Your English is great! You speak English better than some of the Americans I know. XD

MyuMyu
05-12-2002, 06:32 PM
*laugh* thast because most americans dont speak english!! They speak english on the other side of the great big puddle... here, only American *laugh* And Canadian too! =D

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 06:44 PM
True enough! XD
It is my personal goal to someday be able to speak in a perfect Scottish accent. XD Ya know, the ones where they talk so fast and weird that you can't even tell what the heck they're saying?
Or Cockney English, because it is amusing. XD *watches more Britcoms*

Black Aaadder, Black Aaadder, with many an cunning plaaan.
Black Aaadder, Black Aaadder, you horrid little maaaaan!

MyuMyu
05-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Oh! scottish accents 'r easy dear. Go to some rennaisance faires and youll pick up on 'em easy 'nuff! *laugh* There's one in Del Mar @ at the fair grounds next weekend if anyone in the San Diego CA area wants to go (ill be working there with my guild ^_^)

Celine
05-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Hi Legato! It's great to see more cosplayers from outside of the US! Welcome!

Erin- you should definitely go to a Renaissance Fair! I think Scarborough Faire is open right now. If it's still there when I get to Dallas, I am *so* going! It's always a blast. And you could work on your accent (good suggestion). ^_^

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 08:06 PM
I definitely want to go to Scarborough Faire! I've been bugging Dad about taking me. ^^ Let's all go together!

I didn't know people talked in accents at them though! Oooooooooh! *_*

*cries at having no accent or costume for Scarborough Faire* Oh well. Maybe by next year, I'll be all Scottish and costumed and fantabulous like MyuMyu. ^__^

Legato/Machan
05-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Thanx people!
Well answering the Aeris question:
I've just typed in. I was looking for sites related to cosplay when I just typed www.cosplay.com, because I thought if the USA and Canada have such a huge population and tha anime and manga made a great hit in both coutry, why not try sites w/ dot com? Than I found this site.
I've been in the Canada (Hamilton, in Mohawk College) once, but I've stayed only a month (I was in my HS program to improve my english). But I intend to get a greem card in Canada or USA, or study, but I would decide between Canada or Japan.
Well, here in Brazil the economical situation isn't good, so it would be impossible for me to go to the conventions there (USA or Canada), unless I get a job here as a magazine's jornalist (for magazines about anime/manga of course).
I hope to get good info around here and make friends on-line.
Thanx to all again and see ya.

Kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys (in the brazilian way)

Legato/Machan

Nietsche
05-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Ah..one must have the knack for the British tongue..many friends of mine have various accents from around the country..Welsh, Mancunian, Liverpudlian, Scottish, Southern (eastend and westend), Devonian/Cornish, Yorkshire....

I am intrigued to know what a Brazilian hug would be too...

MyuMyu
05-12-2002, 10:08 PM
yaay me love Brazilian hugs AND kisses ohohoho XD California hugz 'n' kisses right back ya Legato =D

Philia- Simplicity has many happy costume patterns that are period ^_^ There are also places @! faires that sell costumes - they can be VERY expensive @.@ also, making bodices is hard ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; After trying that once, im resigned to buy them only :D

Legato/Machan
05-12-2002, 10:19 PM
well, since brazillian are known as a very affectionated people, I thought it would be a problem if I say hugs for the boys, some would understand other things (but I don't have nothing against the homosexual guys, in the North-East of Brazil man kiss other man on the cheek).
I'm just writting to avoid cultural problem.

Well, kisses for the girls and hugs for the guys

Legato/Machan

RealizeDOP
05-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Yay! Hello Legato! : ) Wow! I hear Anime is so much more popular their now. I used to live in Argentina and visit Brazil many many times, especially to go see the Iguazu falls. I miss it a lot! How is everything their?

-Carolina

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Dez:
Ahh, you're so right! *has no knack* I'll never get it. It's so sad. ;_; I love non-American accents. ^^ American accents are so boring.... And not only am I stuck with one, I also have a slight Texan twang thing going on. XD Can't seem to completely get rid of it no matter how hard I try. Sooooo....
Neeeehaw! How ya'll doin'?. *tips her hat* (Umm, it's not THAT bad. XD)
I think I'll just move to the UK so I can listen to everyone else's great accents. XD I had a Sunday School teacher from England, and she had lived here so long that she had formed a strange half-British half-American kind of accent. But umm, anywho, I'm starting to ramble now... ^^;
Biscuits! Yes, I can be the Biscuit Queen, and Tania will not be allowed to punish me for giving out cookies! Umm, biscuits, I mean. Ehehehehe... XD *gives everyone biscuits*

MyuMyu: Oh yes, I used one of Simplicity's patterns as a base for my Philia dress! Worked really well, too! ^^ Unfortunately, I have no time at all to make a dress for Scarborough Faire. *sob* I take FOREVER to sew things. But it will be fun anyway. ^__^

Bwahaha... I'm so weird. I never hug or kiss anyone. I just bake them cookies! Er, I mean, biscuits! XD

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 11:12 PM
RealizeDOP:
Oh! I know who you are! Hello hello! ^^ *gives her a biscuit* You do such great costumes! And your birthday is only a week after mine, so that automatically makes you even more awesome! ^^v

Adella
05-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by MyuMyu
Oh! scottish accents 'r easy dear. Go to some rennaisance faires and youll pick up on 'em easy 'nuff! *laugh* There's one in Del Mar @ at the fair grounds next weekend if anyone in the San Diego CA area wants to go (ill be working there with my guild ^_^)

There's a Ren Faire in Del Mar?!!!

Legato/Machan
05-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by RealizeDOP
Yay! Hello Legato! : ) Wow! I hear Anime is so much more popular their now. I used to live in Argentina and visit Brazil many many times, especially to go see the Iguazu falls. I miss it a lot! How is everything their?

-Carolina

Everything is not that OK. Since Argentina had a great economical problem, Brazil is trying to go on without problems. But now is all right (except for the economical discussion between US and Brazil).
Lately, the anime/manga fans have been increasing and (i hope) it will increase more. There are some conventions here and a good number of cosplayers.
Philia: why are you so obcessed by scottish accent?
Myu-myu: kisses for you too

Kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys

Legato/Machan

Philia Philis
05-13-2002, 02:20 PM
I'm obsessed with Scottish accents because.... hmm.... umm.... Good question, Legato. I have no idea. ^^; I guess they just sound good! Or something. XD
Accents are just cool. ^^ Except for American accents.
Even Canadian accents are better, eh? XD

Legato/Machan
05-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Philia Philis
I'm obsessed with Scottish accents because.... hmm.... umm.... Good question, Legato. I have no idea. ^^; I guess they just sound good! Or something. XD
Accents are just cool. ^^ Except for American accents.
Even Canadian accents are better, eh? XD

Well, why don't you try cockneil (or something like that). I think it's sounds good. In the school that I'm studying they teach us the britanic english. I don't like it much (it sounds too snobsh for me). But they say if you work as a manager of a company or other things it is a very good accent. I think it's &*@#$ (just to not say other things)

kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys

Legato/Machan

Nietsche
05-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Legato refers to the Queen's english which is amazingly posh, but not many manager's that i know of have that accent. Only upperclass gentlemen and ladies would have such a tongue, as well as me (I use it for fun mostly..mwahahaha!)

Cockney is also not remarkably common aside from the outskirts of London....
Or you could try Shakespearian english should you wish so wish..kakakaka!

I could get used to all this hugging!

Ali-kun
05-13-2002, 07:36 PM
Ooh, hey Erin, what's your waist size like? XD I have a pretty dress that Mom made for Halloween back when she was skinny and it doesn't fit me anymore 'cause I inherited Dad's big bones, but ya never know, it could perhaps fit you with some letting out/taking in or something *shrugs* Is very simple, pretty green skirt with maroon-purplish plaid bodice and sleeves that have green velvet ties (that is good, the sleeves are open and tied at the elbow and wrist so it's not so HOT)

I wore it at Scarborough a few years ago and then I grew some, so it no longer fits ^^;

MyuMyu
05-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Aeris - yes, there is =D its the 18th and 19th down at the fair grounds ^_^ my guild (The Realm of Otheilla) will be there with the Fantasy guilds... Whee the Wylds will be there *_* mm.. good looking half naked elves in body pait. wai <3<3

Philia Philis
05-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Bwahaha! *dances around is Ali's mum's dress* Wheeeeeeeee! ^_____^
I wonder if I couldn't wear Vincent there? That would be strange. Not as strange as if I went as Suikoden 2 Vincent though. XD

O_O Good-looking elves?! Forget Scarborough Faire! I'm going to the one in San Diego! XD j/k

Philia Philis
05-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Dur, I keep forgetting to put things in my posts. x_X Anywho, accents! Yeah! Everyone speak in fantastimoneous accents! Somebody teach me how to do a German one! XD
How come all the Cockney ladies in the British shows I watch have REALLY annoying voices? o_O;
*plots to stalk Dez at AX just so she can hear him talk* Wahaha! Just kidding, just kidding!
......I'll only stalk you while you're cosplaying Reid. :rofl:

MyuMyu
05-14-2002, 01:29 AM
Philia, IM me sometime and ill teach you some real German =D ich spreche Deutsch sehr gut ^_~

acutally, at Escondido fair there was a fairy who looked like a short legolas....

Philia Philis
05-14-2002, 02:56 AM
Ooooooh, coooooooooool! *adds MyuMyu to her Buddy List* ^__^ I started learning German once, then I went off and forgot all of it. Such a loser I am. XD

Fairy Legolas! Wahaha! That's fabulous! :D Dagnabbit, I have got to go to some Rennaisance faires! XD

Rosiel
05-14-2002, 09:47 AM
> Philia, IM me sometime and ill teach you some real German =D ich spreche Deutsch sehr gut ^_~

German is the sexiest language on Earth.
*dies*

Legato/Machan
05-14-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
German is the sexiest language on Earth.
*dies*

Do you think so? I don't know. I prefer the italian accent and arabian accent (but I really don't know why, I think because I've met girls from there)

Rosiel
05-14-2002, 02:35 PM
> Do you think so? I don't know.

LOL

People told me I am nuts and I ended up writing a /detailed/ explanation on why I think German is the sexiest language on Earth. (Then people thought I was even nuttier!)

If you have time to lose. Here is my rationale. (http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=generalzoisite&itemid=61305) Just skip past the French at the top of the entry.

RealizeDOP
05-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Thank You!!!! : ) Sweet!!! June birthdays rule!~ Gemini's are the best!!! mwahahahahha : )

-Carolina

*Birbi*
04-07-2011, 03:30 AM
hey there!
i live 4 years in brazil!!!
where are you from exactly? i was living in sao paulo.
nice too meet someone who lives in brazil =)