PDA

View Full Version : Chobits...help please?

FirenIceFaerie
03-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Hello! Me and my friend are haveing a slight problem with a chi costume. I'm going as dark chii and my friend is going as light chi. We don't know what the bottom of the light chi dress looks like though... Can anyone help us?
http://ningen.nattoli.net/wallpapers/chobits.html its the first picture on this site
Thankies!

Tess
03-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any shots of the bottom of that dress. ^^; CLAMP likes to put off cosplayers by doing that sort of thing.

@-->--- Tess

FirenIceFaerie
03-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh...thank you anyway!!

SailorKnight
03-19-2005, 02:14 PM
The Chiis usually wear either very short skirts or very long skirts. These seem to end a little bit above halfway down the knee. That's my opinion anyway.

Crucifixation
03-19-2005, 09:50 PM
The "light" chii dress can be found in book 7. And the "dark chii" skirt can be seen here.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/chobits/freya.gif

Fallen)x(Angel
03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Why does everyone call them Light and Dark Chi? It gets me confused. x_x

I'm working on the same Chi costume, and I'm sort of making an original design for that dress. I'm going to make it about knee length, and put frills on the bottom. (So it matches what is shown in the image.) You can try to find an image on some search engine, but like Tess said, I don't think there are any.

I guess you're right , Tess. CLAMP sort of DOES like to put off cosplayers.

SailorKnight
03-20-2005, 03:01 PM
It's just easier to say Dark Chii and Light Chii rather than Chii and Freya. Some people get confused with Freya and I don't know why.

Fallen)x(Angel
03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Freya really has no purpose in the anime, if you know what I mean. I spent $80 to find out more on my ex-favorite chobit character and found out that she doesn't need to be in the series. The only thing she really does is the 'Are you the one just for me?' But still....

I personally think its easier to say Chi or Freya, light and dark chi sound kind of silly to me.

OtakuLuLu
03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
ya a agree with you, fallen)x(angle. At mega con.... people entered the cosplay contest and said that their names are light and dark chi. If they ready the manga they would of known what their real names are. As for the anime i havent read. Your cosplaying Chi and/or freya.. sigh...I dont know why people call them light chi and dark chi..thiers nothing dark about freya. just that she weARs dark cloths sometimes.

And for the costume... Its the same thing as what you would already imagine. and it has ruffles at the bottom. theirs a pic of that dress as crucification said.
This thread would probably be closed due to off topic stuff.

Fallen)x(Angel
03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Sorry, I just thought I might clear that up.

I'm thinking of switching to cosplaying Kotoko, because I can't really decide on what Chi outfit to do. She only really has one in the anime, but I hate that outfit. She wears others, but only for about half an episode.

Clueless Case
03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Well...you wanna be REALLY anal retentive...arent their names Elda and Freya?

FantasyAngel
03-20-2005, 09:52 PM
I have a REAL quick question regarding Chobits cosplays. Does anyone know what the Chii counterpart to this Freya cosplay is? I need it for future cosplays! ^^

www.geocities.com/pockyaddicts/FreyaRef.jpg

Thanks in advance!

~Fantasy Angel:heart:

Clueless Case
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
here you go

FantasyAngel
03-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Woot! *hugs* Thank you very much!

~Fantasy Angel:heart:

Fallen)x(Angel
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Clueless case, Yeah. I already mentioned it.

OtakuLuLu
03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
i have a kotoko costume in the store if your interested. its the first costume ive made but its pretty good ^.^ im selling it for 35.