PDA

View Full Version : Summer Beach Trip

Star_Angel
03-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Ok so heres the thread for the whole Beach idea (as made by request of Riji!)
Do you guys want to go to Va beach or another beach like Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, or any other beach (sorry those are like the three I go to, or something? and when would you guys like to try and go? I know Im already going to be at the beach in July (I think during 4th of July) at Myrtle Beach and I know there are very nice malls and such with lots of space for cosplaying (I was thinking of try to do a gathering for one day while I was there because i saw the space in the new mall there and cosplaying came to mind, yes I am a dork, lol)
so comments people. we need to figure out a place and time for this little get-together! when we decide a time I will post it in the first thread so you wont have to fiddle through a million threads!

Riji
03-20-2005, 12:19 AM
July does sound like a good time to do it. Gives something to do during the long stretch from AMA to Otakon. However, that is just my opinion. May and June I'm pretty booked.

The location depends on how far people are willing to travel and if they want to go shopping, cosplaying at malls, etc. I personally like the Outer Banks, but haven't been there in a couple years, however there isn't a lot of development to go cosplaying at really.

But then again, we're the VA Cosplay Society, so shouldn't we go somewhere in-state? VA Beach, Eastern Shore, um...*draws a blank*

Ideas?

Star_Angel
03-20-2005, 12:24 AM
July does sound like a good time to do it. Gives something to do during the long stretch from AMA to Otakon. However, that is just my opinion. May and June I'm pretty booked.

The location depends on how far people are willing to travel and if they want to go shopping, cosplaying at malls, etc. I personally like the Outer Banks, but haven't been there in a couple years, however there isn't a lot of development to go cosplaying at really.

But then again, we're the VA Cosplay Society, so shouldn't we go somewhere in-state? VA Beach, Eastern Shore, um...*draws a blank*

Ideas?
I can say from much experience at the outer banks that there isnt as much to do as more commercial beachs, no real malls or anything like that so we would pretty much be cosplaying at a wings or something, lol. It is however a wonderful beach if you want to go surfing (yeah I said surf and had a beach on the east coast in the same sentence, i know its funny ((you would understand this if you have surfed in Honolulu, lol))) but if we want to cosplay then we might want to pick a more commercial place, thats why i mentioned Va. beach or Myrtle (those are the only other two I could think of) beacause I pretty much drew a blank too!

Riji
03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
I can say from much experience at the outer banks that there isnt as much to do as more commercial beachs, no real malls or anything like that so we would pretty much be cosplaying at a wings or something, lol. It is however a wonderful beach if you want to go surfing (yeah I said surf and had a beach on the east coast in the same sentence, i know its funny ((you would understand this if you have surfed in Honolulu, lol))) but if we want to cosplay then we might want to pick a more commercial place, thats why i mentioned Va. beach or Myrtle (those are the only other two I could think of) beacause I pretty much drew a blank too!
It would boil down to if we're going there for the beach, or we're going there to cosplay somewhere. For instance, we could cosplay at the beach at Outer Banks, but not really elsewhere there, as you have stated. But why should we travel to a beach only to go to the mall when we can do that around here?

Myrtle's a bit far for me to go. ^^;

Star_Angel
03-20-2005, 08:41 AM
It would boil down to if we're going there for the beach, or we're going there to cosplay somewhere. For instance, we could cosplay at the beach at Outer Banks, but not really elsewhere there, as you have stated. But why should we travel to a beach only to go to the mall when we can do that around here?

Myrtle's a bit far for me to go. ^^;
Yeah I agree on the distance thing. I was just throwing out ideas of where we could go.

Version-1
03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
well this is the VCS after all... so it's only appropriate to go to Va beach. i know it's far from the best, but it makes the trip pretty easy for most people.

zekitty
03-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Hai, I think VA Beach is definately the best idea... I mean, we're VCS, so VA Beach would probably be the ideal spot. XDD Since I live only half an hour from the oceanfront, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting transportation. XDD

UnwantedKikyo
03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah VA beach sounds good to me : / considering thats as far as my mom will let me drive *got in trouble for doing inital D on the road* hahah ^^;;;; And its only like 2 hrs from me. so yeah sounds cool. Anyone want a ride!! ^.^ hahahah.

Riji
03-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah VA beach sounds good to me : / considering thats as far as my mom will let me drive *got in trouble for doing inital D on the road* hahah ^^;;;; And its only like 2 hrs from me. so yeah sounds cool. Anyone want a ride!! ^.^ hahahah.
No, you're riding with me. I forbid you to drive. :p

What would we do for hotels and such for those coming from further away?

twentystitches
03-21-2005, 07:48 AM
This sounds like a cool idea! I'm up for it if I'm able to get away from work. ^_^

See what the moderately priced hotels are down there and have someone organize a couple of rooms for those that will need bedroom space?

Is the meet-up going to be like two days then? Or just one?

UnwantedKikyo
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
No, you're riding with me. I forbid you to drive. :p

LMFAO!!!! ^^; okii <3 sounds good to me!!!

but yeah like i told u last night lizzy-poo we should all get rooms in the same hotel(cheapest x.x *poor*) or get a big ass suite and split it!!! lmfao ^.^

Riji
03-21-2005, 04:04 PM
LMFAO!!!! ^^; okii <3 sounds good to me!!!

but yeah like i told u last night lizzy-poo we should all get rooms in the same hotel(cheapest x.x *poor*) or get a big ass suite and split it!!! lmfao ^.^
Big suite would be amusing. If not then we can room with each other spread across a couple rooms, depending on how many go.

There was an oceanfront hotel that my family would stay at that would be pretty cheap spread across 3 or 4 people. The room was pretty big so we could actually fit probably 5 comfortably. The bedroom was a separate room from the living area so co-ed really wouldn't be much of a problem.

bag0k
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
I dunno if I can make it... I'm thinking that maybe I might be able to convince my family to take a weekend getaway to VA beach that just coincidentally happens to be on the same weekend as this... :untrust: I'm not really too sure. I've never gone anywhere alone, I can't drive, and VA beach is a freakin' 3 hour drive from here! So basically, if I go, I have to get my whole family to go... But on the bright side, we all like the beach and didn't get to go anywhere last summer, so my family might accept the idea of a weekend at the beach. (All depends on the dates, though...)

Bah, we'll see.

UnwantedKikyo
03-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Big suite would be amusing. If not then we can room with each other spread across a couple rooms, depending on how many go.

There was an oceanfront hotel that my family would stay at that would be pretty cheap spread across 3 or 4 people. The room was pretty big so we could actually fit probably 5 comfortably. The bedroom was a separate room from the living area so co-ed really wouldn't be much of a problem.

yeah that wouldnt be too bad either...I CALL ROOM WITH MY LIZZY-POO!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: RAWRRRRRRRRRRR ^.^ now just when would be a good time o.O?

Riji
03-22-2005, 05:05 PM
yeah that wouldnt be too bad either...I CALL ROOM WITH MY LIZZY-POO!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: RAWRRRRRRRRRRR ^.^ now just when would be a good time o.O?
:heart:

July would be good for me just because it's after that rush to get stuff done for AMA. Other opinions?

UnwantedKikyo
03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
yeah i say july too....o.o cause its before otakon and after like AMA and such...so yeah. I say its a good time. ^.^

Version-1
03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
july seems to be an open month for most... sounds good.

bigwil
03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I Agree wit july and Va beach...let's get oraganize!!!!...(plans 4 an illustration 4 this!..wunders about usin mascot.....)

UnwantedKikyo
03-24-2005, 04:06 PM
ok so its july then. it might be a little TOO early to plan for then but i know begg. of july imma be in japan with yoshi-ness...(end of june-beg. of july. I should be back the 1st week of July though.) soo yeah o.o. maybe like the 2nd week of july?

Riji
03-24-2005, 09:56 PM
ok so its july then. it might be a little TOO early to plan for then but i know begg. of july imma be in japan with yoshi-ness...(end of june-beg. of july. I should be back the 1st week of July though.) soo yeah o.o. maybe like the 2nd week of july?
2nd week? You sure you don't want it to be the third week cause of jet-lag and everything? :)

As for how many nights: how about two, that way we can have a full day at the beach. :heart:

UnwantedKikyo
03-28-2005, 09:44 AM
yeah 2 days sounds good ^.^ cause then me and lizzy-poo can cause havok at the beach!!!! w00t w00t!!!

Riji
03-28-2005, 10:30 AM
yeah 2 days sounds good ^.^ cause then me and lizzy-poo can cause havok at the beach!!!! w00t w00t!!!
Hehehe. VA Beach will never be the same! XD

UnwantedKikyo
03-29-2005, 12:11 PM
LOL!!! like our lives!!! ^^;;; hahaha we have..well...i have changed ur life FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIZZY POO!!! ^.^ yeah the people at the beach are gonna be like O.x wtf is this? hahahah

Riji
03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
LOL!!! like our lives!!! ^^;;; hahaha we have..well...i have changed ur life FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIZZY POO!!! ^.^ yeah the people at the beach are gonna be like O.x wtf is this? hahahah
XD Locals beware! ^^;

Yes, now I add -poo at the end of everyone's name. People think I've quite lost my sanity...Don't get me started on the whole "less than three" thing. XD :heart: :)

Gah, I need to come to visit you. *sniffles* :thumbsup:

Should this be a swimsuit themed trip or just all around cosplay?

UnwantedKikyo
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
swimsuit......x.x;;;;;; *dies* i dont like em they dont like me....hahahah (note the pale-ness of me) ^.^;;;; hahahah. buttt yeahhhh. i like the regular cosplay and if we do go swimming which i dont doubt with me and u liz then yeah i'll just wear one : / even though i wear guys bottoms and a bikini top..lmfao. ><

Riji
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
swimsuit......x.x;;;;;; *dies* i dont like em they dont like me....hahahah (note the pale-ness of me) ^.^;;;; hahahah. buttt yeahhhh. i like the regular cosplay and if we do go swimming which i dont doubt with me and u liz then yeah i'll just wear one : / even though i wear guys bottoms and a bikini top..lmfao. ><
Lol. We should cosplay as each other. XDDD

^________^

Tsikaro
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
va beach durin july sounds cool its only like half an hour away from me

UnwantedKikyo
04-03-2005, 06:48 PM
lol yes!!! but does the 3rd week of july sound good??? o.o

zekitty
04-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Any weekend in July is good for me! :3 But I'll need to ask for the time off work, unless I land the job I want and won't have to work weekends! ( :dance: ) I won't need room space because I don't mind driving a half hour everyday to the beach... I just got my lisence so I need to practice driving anyways! :razz: And as for the bathinsuits... Eh, I have a problem with stretchmarks so I'll go with UnwantedKikyo with the whole guys bottoms and bikini top! XD Maybe I'll make a tomboy-version of FFX-2 Rikku's bathingsuit or something, lol!

UnwantedKikyo
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Lol yeahhh but I wear mine just cause its comfy to me >.> I dont like girl clothes so why would i like girl bathing suits? hahah. ^_^; im too much of a guy...and i wear guy costumes! it all works out!

NutmegChan
05-05-2005, 11:23 PM
lolz yay for no female-ish bathingsuits ..yesh strechmarks= SATAN XD

and july would be good for me too...i'm gonna quit my job before summer really gets going so i'll be good (poo on librarians XD)

gargoylekitty
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
This all sounds like fun, I might just have to come along. So perfect too. Am in Pittsburg 1st week of July so time is good and the area is only about half an hour away or so. *grins* Yet... must find a new parasol in time, the sun burns me so.

zekitty
05-13-2005, 07:50 AM
This all sounds like fun, I might just have to come along. So perfect too. Am in Pittsburg 1st week of July so time is good and the area is only about half an hour away or so. *grins* Yet... must find a new parasol in time, the sun burns me so.

Eh... Virginia Beach is WAAAY more than half an hour away from Pittsburg -- I've had to drive to Pittsburg from here before, and it took A LOT more than half an hour...

But it would still be awesome to have you there! ^-^ I've invited a friend of mine to come along... He isn't from VA, but the weekend he's coming down here to see me happens to be the weekend of the beach trip! ^-^; I hope it's alright to bring him...?

gargoylekitty
05-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Oh I know it's a long way, 8 hrs. I do live in VA Beach, I'm just going to be visiting family up in PA around July 4th so the fact this would be later in the month is convinient in that I'd be back home in time. Lol.

Eh... Virginia Beach is WAAAY more than half an hour away from Pittsburg -- I've had to drive to Pittsburg from here before, and it took A LOT more than half an hour...

But it would still be awesome to have you there! ^-^ I've invited a friend of mine to come along... He isn't from VA, but the weekend he's coming down here to see me happens to be the weekend of the beach trip! ^-^; I hope it's alright to bring him...?

Riji
05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I've invited a friend of mine to come along... He isn't from VA, but the weekend he's coming down here to see me happens to be the weekend of the beach trip! ^-^; I hope it's alright to bring him...?
Sure. We're really not going to say no to anyone who wants to come. :)

UnwantedKikyo
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah were not gonna say who can and cant come...^^; Were not THAT mean. LOL!! Even though we can be if we want to ^_^

Tenshinoitami1
06-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I just heard about this plan today (and started right away designing a bathing suit XD)
I live like 15 minutes form the beach max (Virginia Beach), so you can count me in on this gathering

zekitty
06-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Alrighty! So is it the second or third weekend in July...? O.o I need to plan ahead! *meow!*

Riji
06-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Alrighty! So is it the second or third weekend in July...? O.o I need to plan ahead! *meow!*
I say for the second weekend in July. Yeah, we really need to set a specific date pretty soon.

I just heard about this plan today (and started right away designing a bathing suit XD)
I live like 15 minutes form the beach max (Virginia Beach), so you can count me in on this gathering
Oh good, we can all stay at your house. XD ^_~

myaku_
06-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh good, we can all stay at your house. XD ^_~

OH, |>|-|34|2! I totally live five minutes away from tenshinoitami1. Haha.

I'm going on holiday on the ninth, so as long as it's before that, we're cool. But I mean, it's not that big of a deal if it's an inconvenience. Everyone else just work out their schedules!

xMegan

LaPetiteSalope
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Is it alright if I come?? O_O?

Riji
06-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Is it alright if I come?? O_O?
Of course. It's open to any cosplayers from VA.

zekitty
06-22-2005, 08:20 AM
*checks her calender* o.o... Oro... My grandparents are coming to visit on the third weekend of July (16-17)... *sarcastically* I LOVE the way my family tells me things ahead of time! :D

The second weekend of July (9-10) would definately be good for me... It'll be after all my senior work! *nod*

LaPetiteSalope
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Of course. It's open to any cosplayers from VA.

yay!! ^_^ I agree with ZeKitty with having it on the 9-10th of July. It's the same week as my birthday! (July 14th) I'm turning Sweet 16!!

zekitty
06-23-2005, 09:07 AM
It's the same week as my birthday! (July 14th) I'm turning Sweet 16!!

Yay!!!! :333 Break out the cake and candles! >:3

Star_Angel
06-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Yay!!!! :333 Break out the cake and candles! >:3
Awww, a cake and I wont be able to come! (I have made cakes for every con this year because I have had friends with birthdays, lol) But yeah I'll already be at the beach (Myrtle Beach) so I wont be able to make it, hopefully next year!

myaku_
06-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Eh, that makes two of us that'll be down south.

Is everyone dead set on the 9-10th, or would doing it during the actual week be bad? It was a suggestion I was going to make earlier, seeing as the beach would be less crowded and such.

xMegan

zekitty
06-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Wellz, personally I would rather it be the 9th and 10th only because this weekend would be too short notice, next Tuesday I get my braces off, Wednesday I have senior pictures, Thursday I get my teeth cleaned, and Friday I have to go back to my orthodontist to get my retainer. x.x; Ya, it'll be a busy week... ^-^; And I have to drive myself to half of it. -.- Fun fun. And the following weekend I have my grandparents coming to visit. I'm just... *cough* delighted. I don't like my dad's parents... >.>

But...yeah... The 9th-10th would be my only free time until the 25th (when my grandparents leave).

...I don't see why I have to be around for them anyways! >.< I see them every year, what's wrong with skipping this once!?

zekitty
07-05-2005, 03:14 PM
So is the VCS Beach Party this weekend?! Hmm? HMM??? :D

--EDIT--

Unfortunately... I don't think I'll be able to go... ._. Parents and everything... >.<

bigwil
07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
well 4 me..if it is this weekend all I got sunday off....and unfortunely..my ride is down:miffed:...so come visit..me.... :waaaah: ...Pm 4 address and cell...com'on make big wil's sunday a good one...plea of attention... :chatah: well off to tryin to enjoy life till otakon....

Viva la VCS!!!!

Riji
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I have to work this weekend so that counts me out too. Not to mention my parents are rather angry with me at the moment so I wouldn't be able to come anyway.

myaku_
07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
This means that, like... no one is going. ._.

bigwil
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
sadly it seems that way....:sobbish:..oh well a least otakon is 43 dayz away..... :chatah:

zekitty
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I think next time we should all agree on a stone-solid date so everyone knows when to take time off work. :3