PDA

View Full Version : Which day is the best to go? (For people who've went in the past)

Freya
01-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I'll be in college starting the 2003-2004 school year (assuming I go to Pepperdine up in Malibu). My question is for those who've went to Ani-Magic. Because I'll probably be in school on Friday...would I be missing anything if I didn't go on Friday? What is the best day to go? Or is every day pretty much the same? It seems like a fun small con to go to...^_^

JoeBoeing
01-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Go for sure on Saturday. You don't want to miss the cosplay under the stars/ the masquerade. Also, Saturday usually has the best panels from when I went last year.

FRom,
Joe

jen_kat
01-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes, go Saturday. I went last year, though I had school on Friday but I got off half day. Saturday is pretty much the most evenful day. Friday, to me seemed kinda laid back in comparison, though I think AM in general was kinda laid back (definitely, in comparison to AX XD).

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-08-2003, 08:58 PM
saturday is the best day to go to at any con.
Cause that's the day that everything happens and you don't want to miss any of the action. specially the masquerade. :D

JoeBoeing
01-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Yes, Saturday... you may see me in the masquerade if I can find people to join me. This will be my first masquerade.

FRom,
Joe

jtnishi
01-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Saturday is like the ONLY day to go to the con, it seems. For all it's worth, Friday is a fairly light day, and Sunday was effectively a dead day. Of just about any con, Ani-Magic is the only one I can think of off-hand where going only Saturday and missing the other days, you can still catch about 75% of the important stuff.

If you could go 2 days, go Friday and Saturday.

Dark Vision
01-12-2003, 04:11 AM
Friday has a lot of night life. Infact its basically Hi You and partying. Saturday is the fun event day with the masquerade and then the parties. Sunday isn't too much fun though.

Michi
01-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Saturday is fun at Animagic because it's so open, and you can't really be busy inside the masq and miss stuff. XD Just 'cause it's all THERE in one place. I love it!

Mink
01-13-2003, 03:07 AM
Freya, your going to Pepperdine? go you! I almost went there....but I wanted to go to CSUN, which is like 1/2 hour south!

Anywho I enjoyed Animagic on friday, but it wasnt a big cosplay day for me....I had on a cute costume but I dont remember alot of photographers....anyway, opening ceremonies was fun, so was just haning out....but its not as important as sat.

AM Chair
01-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Mina,
I'll have to agree that Saturday is THE day to be at AM, but we are working on the Sunday program. Our new Autumn festival, Akiyume Matsuri, will take place on that day, with a fresh string of staff to make it happen.

In case you don't know it, our messgae board is back up.

Revell

JoeBoeing
01-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Greetings Revell,

I may have to try to scrounge some money up for a real Yukata or something! This year's AM will be the best con I've been to from the stuff I'm hearing.

FRom,
Joe

tamahomegurl
02-01-2003, 07:28 PM
i only went on saturday last year but i agree with everyone - it was waaaaayyyyyyyy sugoi!!!! ^___^V

Psychotic Jei
02-24-2003, 01:11 AM
I love Ani-Magic. Even with all the weird cancelation stuff that happened. The masq is the best and my cosplay groups only one that we will do fully. Its fun to just to kickback and chill for a con though.