PDA

View Full Version : Why do I choose the most hellish costumes?

Romann
01-07-2003, 12:56 AM
I just bought some fabric for a Miss Deep(from R.O.D) costume...but how to make the body suit I have no idea!!! It's a long strapless catsuit that looks kinda pleather like... does anyone one know of any pattern I can use for this??? I really dont want to screw fabric that costs $15USD a yard...
Thankies

Sakura
01-07-2003, 06:33 AM
Ooh, great costume choice! Miss Deep is awesome. I've seen that costume done once before and it looked like the cosplayer used some kind of black unitard and edited it A LOT. Good luck on your costume and be sure to post pics when you're done ^.^

Romann
01-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Thanks Sakura *^_^* I'm definitely gonna be working my butt off between work, school, and costumes...I hope I can pull it off...

I also wanted to know what makes you (everyone) choose a costume to make? Is it because the level of difficulty, small chance of someone wearing the same thing, or just for the love of that character?

Mine is basically all of the above...

katchoo
01-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm a newbie at all this, so for me it's just love of the character. ^_^

Sakura
01-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Mostly it has to be a character who I love. I wouldn't even consider a character that I don't like. If the character has many outfits I'll probably chose the one that is best suited to my sewing abilities (which are nearly inexistent), and I like to pick characters that aren't TOO overdone at the time. For Sakura Kinomoto, I waited until last year because the CCS craze was near-dead.

soshi
01-07-2003, 04:55 PM
there are two reasons for me... one is that I adore the character, and the other is a friend's begging/forcing me. ^_^;;

example: I am cosplaying Integral from Hellsing because I *LOVE* her. *_*; but I'm cosplaying Rabi~en~Rose because my friend wants to cosplay Digi Charat and is making the costume and stuffing me in it. -_____-;;

Daitenshi
01-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Can you post a pic of the character?

I choose characters for two main reasons: 1) if I identify with them in some way or just really like them. 2)If I fall in love with the costume first, I'll find the series and aquainte myself with the character.

Sakura
01-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
Can you post a pic of the character?

Here ya go ^_^ I still have this pic because I used to want to cosplay her... lol then I gave up.

Daitenshi
01-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow! Sexy =D
so what show is that from?

Sakura
01-07-2003, 07:32 PM
She's from Read or Die (aka R.O.D) which is a 3-part OAV series ^.^ I definately recommend it, R.O.D is great and the 007-style music theme rocks.

Mink
01-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Awsome costume but Im no help...Im waiting for a reply because I need to figure out my Sango costume....

I pick a character usually because either : I really love that characters outfit (Like I love Ryoko from Tenchi but would never do her) and think I would look good in it, or its part of a group cosplay. Like right now I am making Kagome, Mimiru, Utena, Lina Inverse and the Power Card because my cosplay group is doing Inuyasha, Hack Sign, Utena, Slayers and CCS cards for AX. *day dreams about ax*

Romann
01-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Don't give up, Sakura! It would be awsome to see someone else cosplaying as Miss Deep too!! By the way, thanks for posting that pic! I've been working mainly off screen shots ^^; And you're right..the music does soud kinda James Bond-ish

edit~ I agree with you, Daitenshi... I find a costume, fall in love with it, and then I go on to learn more about the series... I'm really visual..so what ever grabs my attention, ya know?