PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Champloo

DarkDeityofIce
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
My friend (last year's 1up Mushroom Man) and I (the Vincnet Valentine that went around with him) will be CosPlaying as Mugen and Jin (respectively) on Saturday.

We'd love to get a picture with anyone else who is planning on CosPlaying as a character from Champloo.

@->-->---

Technoir
03-30-2005, 09:26 AM
How neat! I wasn't expecting to see any other Champloo cosplayers. :3 I'll likely be going as Fuu, so we'll definitely have to get pictures sometime on Saturday!

DarkDeityofIce
03-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Sweet. I was starting to think that there would be no one else planning a Champloo CosPlay. I know Champloo is new, but at least around here it is really big among the old Cowboy Bebop fans.

My friend playing Mugen and I don't know any girls around here that are into anime, so we were really hoping to find a Fuu so we could have pictures of the full Trio.

We'll definitely be in our costumes after 1pm at the latest on that Saturday, so I really hope we can all meet up and have those pictures taken.

@->-->---

Technoir
04-03-2005, 12:58 AM
It is a really popular show. I can't imagine why there's no one aside from us (that I've heard if) doing a Champloo cosplay. It's so odd. OH WELL, more attention for us, huh? ;D

At A-kon, I'm usually up and in costume very early in the morning, so you can expect to see me around! When the con gets closer, we can decide where we're going to meet. (Maybe outside the dealer's room at a certain time? :X)

DarkDeityofIce
04-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah, it seems to be getting a little more popular aroudn here recently. Probably cause Volume 2 just came out. But I haven't heard anyone talk about CosPlaying as them either. So yeah, more attention for us. That would be nice. Just hope we don't see a hoard of Champloos like Naruto CosPlayers last year. That was too much.

Yeah, this year I deiced I need to wake up earlier. Saturday morning I will be in Sailor Moon group, but Mugen and I should be in costume but 1 at the latest. But I agree, close to A-kon we should decided on a place and time to meet. At the moment those tables outside the Dealer's Room sounds good though.

@->-->---

Technoir
04-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Ah, I just found out it's going to start being aired on Adult Swim starting May 14th. >:P So there may end up being more Champloo cosplayers after all. But isn't Adult Swim once a week? That means there'd only be three episodes shown before A-kon. So who knows!

Just curious, but are you guys interested in being in the Cosplay Contest? (If you haven't already agreed to be in it with someone else?) If you are, maybe we could come up with a good skit idea by then! I always thought it would be funny to do a Samurai Champloo meets Rurouni Kenshin skit. Because... Kenshin=Jin, Sanosuke=Mugen, Kaoru=Fuu. XD; But we'd need more people for that. Anyway. Just a thought!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what city do you guys live in? If you're in Houston, we ought to go to Doug Durham for a cosplay photoshoot sometime. He's excellent! (Then again, he might be at A-kon, I need to ask him.) Check out his photos right here! (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=17632&cat=500) (I'm the Nightcrawler, lol.)

Ah, sorry for spamming the topic. T_T; I'm excited cause this is the first cosplay group I've been in. I usually end up by myself.

DarkDeityofIce
04-04-2005, 02:46 AM
First off, don't sweet it. Your not spaming the topic at all. And second of all, it's ironic. I was just watching Champloo Vol. 2 when I got the e-mail that you replied to this thread. Heh.

But dang, I had no idea it was going to air on Adult Swim. I should have guessed though. How did you find out? Adult Swim Action does only air on Saturday nights. Reruns are showen Mon. - Thurs. of their older stuff. So yeah, only three episodes really. By then most people should alread have their costumes made... At least one would hope. So there shouldn't be an over flow of Champloo CosPlayers because of that.

Actually, we haven't agreed to be in the CosPlay Contest with anyone. I did come up with a funny skit for my friend and I to do with another friend, but my friend playing Mugen didn't want to get stuck in line and doing rehersals all day on Fri. and Sat. I can talk to him about it though and see what he says. I'd really like to do one actually, but I agree with him that I don't want to feel robbed of my A-Kon fun... Of course, we don't really know how it works. Maybe it didn't consume too much of either day he would agree.

We live in Wichita Falls. It's about 2 hours North of Dallas, on the border of Oklahoma. Sorry. That would be great if we were closer, cause I like the idea of having that photo shoot taken. If you find out if he will be there, let me know.

As for the group CosPlay thing, I know how you feel. Being in a Group CosPlay is many times more fun and exciting than walking around and posing by yourself.

@->-->---

Technoir
04-04-2005, 04:52 AM
What? Rehearsing for the cosplay contest! Blasphemy! Seriously, I don't know many people that rehearse. ^^; The times I've been in it, we ran over the general idea of what's going to happen in the skit a few times, and then improvised the lines and stuff. So no, it won't take up too much time. I can always register for us, which would save you guys having to stand in one line at least.

As for the waiting in line AT the contest... gaaah. Usually they gather everyone in the contest up about an hour before it starts, and the contest can last like three hours. :X So it would be from 5-9. And actually, if you guys want to leave after we get offstage, you can do that. As long as someone's there to recieve the award! *is an optimist*

There's also the Hall Cosplay Contest, if you guys don't want to be onstage. And that goes super fast.

As for Champloo being aired on Adult Swim, I heard it right here (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6403). In addition to there only three episodes shown before A-kon.. I also don't think we have to worry about too many other Champloo cosplayers because everyone is cosplaying Naruto and FMA and Inu Yasha this year. (Just like last year.)

Eek. That's a long ways a way. :< Sad. Well, I e-mailed Mr. Durham, and hopefully he'll be there! He usually is, but I don't know if he does full outside photoshoots there. We'll see!

DarkDeityofIce
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Heh, blasphemy huh? All right, so no rehearsing. And that's really kind of you to offer to register for all of us. I spoke with him today, and he told me to find out more information before he decides. So I will go to the A-Kon site and see if they have detailed rules to give him. (He doesn't own a computer.)

If you want, you can go ahead and come up with a skit idea. We can discuss it more later, after I find out what he wants to do about it. But I was thinking about it today, and I didn't come up with any good ideas really...

The contest part, as long as there is not a concert on Sat. like last year I would be fine with it. I don't want to miss anyone that came to sing for us. I know last year Nami-chan sang after the walk-ons and before the skits... Right? 5-9 isn't too bad though. My friend was telling me he was told you are gathered up for like 5 hours before the skits even begin and making it sound horrible.

I guess if it came down to it, we could at least do the Hall CosPlay, but I'm not THAT skilled yet, so I doubt I would win anything. So I would rather do a skit if I had to do something. Heh, but it's always good to be an optimistic. If we do a skit, let's wow that crowd.

But yeah, I found an article about the shows Adult Swim would be showing this year last night. So that's interesting. But I agree, there shouldn't be a rush of Champloos. FMA is so big everyone will want to. I made up my own character for that series that I am CosPlaying on Sunday. Naruto and Inu Yasha will be dominate this year as well, like you said.

It's not too long away... When I still have costumes to make it feels like it is too close. Heh. I hope that photographer does go and does a full outside photo shoot. It sounds like a lot of fun and would be really nice.

@->-->---

DjPhReAksTyLe
05-23-2005, 06:30 AM
*will be cosplaying Mugen*

DarkDeityofIce
05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Right on, another Mugen. Man, two Mugens is too much. Can you imagine what Champloo would be like with two Mugens?!

Btw, awesome avatar.

@->-->---

DjPhReAksTyLe
05-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Domo~

As I will be working at A-kon I may not be as active as you bit. But you will see me, trust me, I'll be everywhere... it's my job to be.

I just signed up for a timeslot on Friday at 10 am to get some photos... will any of you be up there at that time? If so, let me know and I'll add ya to my list for group photos.

Nekaru
05-26-2005, 04:14 AM
Need to get the details on the top done then I'll have a Jin for A-kon. Don't know when I'll be wearing him though. Going to do Shikamaru for the Naruto gathering at 11am on Saturday. But Friday is free for me, and I could be available around 10am on Friday if you told me where to meet.

Scortia
05-26-2005, 08:13 PM
My friend and I will be there as Mugen and Jin....he talked me into watching the entire series in three days and the result was that we had to cosplay them for A-kon. ^^; I'm surprised to see this many Champloo cosplayers actually... especially since Champloo has been on bittorrent for a while, yet, I haven't seen any Champloo cosplays in person yet. ^^

*still awaiting her precious hakama in the mail*

DarkDeityofIce
05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Unfortunetly, my group won't be Champlooing the scene till Saturday evening. We'll be arriving in different costumes about that time on Friday.

@->-->---

Technoir
05-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Scorita, there's so many now because it started airing on Cartoon Network a few weeks ago. :/ I told Dark Diety this would happen.

DjPhReAksTyLe
05-28-2005, 07:45 AM
I figured it would too... but oh wells.

Scortia
05-28-2005, 11:47 PM
They shouldn't be popping out this fast... they're only at episode 3. I would think inexperienced cosplayers who don't watch beyond Adult Swim would attempt a Champloo costume in under a month.... granted, I'm doing Jin in a day so... ehhhhh. :P

Nekaru
05-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Heh, I would agree with you Scorita. Last year after seeing some of the anime fansubbed some friends of mine got in touch with my brother and I. They pointed at me and said 'You, Jin.' And at my brother, 'You, Mugen.'

Well, they were probably a bit more articulate, but you get the point. *smile* Then we watched all we could get our hands on. (My brother isn't making it to Akon, but since I had the new costume was planning on still wearing it.)