PDA

View Full Version : Matte PVC?

Koumori
01-07-2003, 11:35 AM
I've given up on finding ready-made boots for Wedding Yuna that I can afford and that look accurate, so I'm going to try to make some - I'm going to need some non-shiny PVC or faux leather in order to do what I want (with a tongue and lacing - hell, I'm basically making boots). Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?

I seem to be making a hobby out of looking for fabrics that don't exist... first black pleated chiffon, now this...

Rosiel
01-07-2003, 12:06 PM
You can find matte white pleather easily at most fabric stores. My local G Street had a big bolt they put on sale for $3 a yard a week or so ago, so I can pick some up for you if I go grab some last minute /stuff/ for my Ohayocon costume tomorrow... well if there is any left that is. X__X

It has a /slight/ "leather" grain to it though.

Koumori
01-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
You can find matte white pleather easily at most fabric stores. My local G Street had a big bolt they put on sale for $3 a yard a week or so ago, so I can pick some up for you if I go grab some last minute /stuff/ for my Ohayocon costume tomorrow... well if there is any left that is. X__X

If you happen to see any, that would be awesome of you. I should only need 1 yard or so. Regrettably I don't have a local G Street, and most of the fabric stores around me are geared to upholstery. Let me know if you do, and I'll reimburse you for the cost + shipping.

Rosiel
01-07-2003, 02:30 PM
I should drop by the store tomorrow since I realized I need to stop at the craft store nearby anyway. I'll PM you to tell you if I got it. 1 yard, then?

Koumori
01-07-2003, 02:50 PM
1 yard should be plenty. You are goddess-like.

cutekawaii
01-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Well if you still need help, you can get it at most fabric stores, but it's usually sold as upholserty pleather. It should work out though, considering I made a whole Legato coat out of the stuff.