PDA

View Full Version : Tellu costume

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 03:48 PM
my sister is going to make the manga version of Tellu from the Sailor Moon S season. We have the basic jist of how to make the costume, but the sleeves are baffling us. we have no idea what to use. we dont want to draw the strings on...but what else is there? and how about the legs...we cant seem to find fishnets wide enough for the costume. anyone have any ideas?

Maryssa
01-07-2003, 04:30 PM
To me, her costume always appeared not to be fishnet, but just beaded strands. Look through craft stores to see if you can find black beaded strands like that... if you cant, you might have to get black string and bead it yourself... then just kind of wrap it around each arm/leg at a time and twist/tie them where they cross. you should be able to make kind of a 'mesh' that can just slide on. It would be easier for the legs since you could just sew it to the green leggings. I dunno if i made much sense with this ^^;;;;

Troppy
01-07-2003, 04:37 PM
I agree with Maryssa completely...the arms and tights appear to both have beaded strings, not fishnets at all. Follow her strategy; if you can't find a decent way for the strands to stay on the arms, you could perhaps find flesh-colored arm covers of some sort...as long as they don't look fakey

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 07:13 PM
that sounds like a good idea Maryssa. now if we couild only find a green wig, hehehe i must search more! bwahahahaha

Limeyaku
01-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Ahahah! Your sister posted about green nylons and I referred to my cousin ( sakuradayu's ) Tellu costume. ^-^ Ironic.

Anyways, we drew it on if I remember correctly...er...one sec. *goes to check*

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=14731&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

yup. we drew it on. it's usually your best bet for costumes like this. It's really really hard to get string/rope etc. to stay on skin, not to mention nylons which are slipperier... X_x

Though there is a kind of string, if you could call it that...it's more for kids arts and crafts which is like a flat line of thin plastic. It sticks to the skin a little bit better but still very difficult to keep up. ( we tried, prior to the convention )

Another thing...if you're going to use string and bead it, use hot glue to keep the beads in place. Dunt want them all sliding to her ankles/wrists. ^-^;; But I wouldn't really suggest beads since it might keep the string away from the skin and cause more slippage problems. Maybe you could glue round sequins onto it??

Oh! This just came to mind...you /could/ get thin black /elastic/. It's kind of pricey, but guarenteed to stay up better. *-* Just...don't tie it too too tight...dunt wanna cut of her circulation or anything. ^^;; ( we've had that sort of problem...only lead to me getting kicked. ) LOL!!

Good luck! and take pictures! LOOOTS! ^0^

luv
Limeyaku

...hmm...I think i'll use some of my own ideas to renovate /her/ Tellu...hehehaaha!

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 08:59 PM
we wanted the elastic thing..but the store was out of them...im pretty sure that well do something to get the beads on there, and i did tell her about the slipping string, and i suggested double sided tape, lil tiny peices of it, but im not sure how well that would work

Maryssa
01-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Well the thing is, you dont really need it to -stick- to you. if you knot it together where the strands intersect, it will be more of a rope mesh type of thing that can just hang down from the waist of the dress or top of your shoulders.

Himemiya
01-07-2003, 10:41 PM
www.amphigory.com has a nice green wig :)

Sachiko
01-08-2003, 07:01 PM
That's a nice site for wigs :)