PDA

View Full Version : Pince-nez/Monocle (Walter,Hellsing)

CarpeMortem
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Haveing some small difficulties consturcting Walters Pince-nez/Monocle Hybrid as seen in the Manga. Basicly the weight of the chain and the lense on just the one side it casuing my little construction to always be kinda tilty and sloppy looking. I've been trying to build it out of a pair of dollar-store reading glasses I've been canabalizing. I also have access to numerous pairs of real glasses that have been damaged or outdated so I can scrap them if needed... Supose I'm rather stuck, anyone else whos tried this have any success?

Rip Van Winkle
03-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Use spirit gum to stick it to your skin...maybe even use a bit of silver-painted fishing line instead of a chain to make it lighter (I highly doubt anyone would notice the difference.) Are you doing regular Walter or Dark Walter though?

CarpeMortem
03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Use spirit gum to stick it to your skin...maybe even use a bit of silver-painted fishing line instead of a chain to make it lighter (I highly doubt anyone would notice the difference.) Are you doing regular Walter or Dark Walter though?

Not sure the Spirit Gum will help, my problem is its leaning not that its falling off but I'll consider it, good idea with the fishing line, that is if I can't get some chain light enough. With just the lense it seems to work fine(though I'll likely be getting a more acurate lense at some point.) I'm doing black gloves, so its Walter circa Dead Zone. Also, looking through the Manga again and... does anyone know where the other end of his chain actualy is? sense its not down the waist-coat like normal. Darn eyeware!