PDA

View Full Version : Share your con memories

Gainax Boy
03-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Hi guys! Wow.. what a great time we all had at Anizona huh? ^_^

I'm so glad I was able to meet everyone and get to know so many new people.

So as Anizona's resident Ghetto Fabulous Cosplay Award Winner, I'd like to open up a topic to share our memories of Arizona's first anime convention. ^_^

Oh, and just so you know.. I'm typing this in the Embassy Suites lobby at about 2:20am on my laptop while in costume. FUN!!!

Cyrus Gigelph
03-27-2005, 04:23 PM
ya this alex, but most of you know me as Fan Boy! well i still have no pics on this site. if you could pm me some that you took, that would be much appreciated.BTW i will be up for sale again at the next anizona, come and buy me. much love

GT Ranma
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
*rubs head* Hrm, my fav memory? Prolly the after Sushi Disaster Drunk party ^^;; Well, both nights of drunken marryment was quite entertaining really . . .

goldtogepi
03-27-2005, 09:23 PM
well, the second day on saturday, this girl asked for a picture, ok sure..she liked jumped on me and hugged me it was nice yeah i wont diss-it, but kinda surprising, also at the FMA Pannel "I LOVE DOGS!"

ANoM
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
*rubs head* Hrm, my fav memory? Prolly the after Sushi Disaster Drunk party ^^;; Well, both nights of drunken marryment was quite entertaining really . . .

Heh, fun tymes. I had to skip out early (late) on Saturday night though, sorry I had to miss it XP

Jinx
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I was gonna mention the sushi thing, too. LOL, but Frank did a fantastic job in the first place!!

I skipped out early a lot too, I had to take full advantage of requesting that whole weekend off of work.

I really did enjoy meeting new people!!

Eurobeat King
03-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Jinx: Thanks for taking me to the Taco Bell to get some much-needed food Friday afternoon! *hug* I hope you like the pic I took of you as Rinoa driving! ;) Oh, did you ever return (in costume) on Saturday? After taking the GoGo photoshoot I didn't see you again the rest of the afternoon/evening.. :( I was hoping to see you in one more costume..

Jinx
03-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Al: I saw it and I loved it! I look so goofy, lol!

I didn't return on Saturday, I was all talk this con and so disappointed in myself!! I didn't come back Sunday either.. so I will just have to bring Honey to AX and totally kick ass in it there, lol.

I'm glad I could help you out on Friday! XD

Tenucha
03-28-2005, 01:06 AM
My memory will probebly be all the great costumes and friends I made.

And the fact that I was hardley "Cosplaying" and I SOMEHOW attracted a full army of fan girls... despite the fact my girlfriend was always with me o_@

(I was the "Dark" Vash or Neo Vash... of the guy that looke dlike Vash wearing a Matrix coat... *shrugs*)

And who can forget Gainax lipsyncing the chorus to the Mighty Mouse theme? :D

Inanna
03-28-2005, 01:34 AM
I was kind of surprised at how many cosplayers there were. The only other con I've been to has been AX, where I'd say the cosplayer to non-cosplayer ratio is about 1 to 4 or greater, whereas here it seemed an easy 50-50. Makes me hopeful for other possible cosplay get togethers here in Arizona.

Inanna

sunako
03-28-2005, 04:22 PM
*stops lurking and posts*

The con was definately something else, to say the least. It was super awesome to meet a bunch of people who I've seen before and never said anything to XD

Oh yeah, I was the cactuar no one recognized until I did the pose :D Our group was super fluffy and I think people liked it, so I'm glad I designed them after all!

Gainax Boy
03-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Cactuar-Lady!! *Hugs* ^__^

Nice to have you here. I loved your guys' costumes. Kudos to all 4 of you ^_^

Maryssa
03-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I just wanted to say that this was a wonderful little con. It was like a vacation. Everything was so well-organized and laid back. There werent masses of screaming fangirls and the general air was pretty mature. Meeting Amano was also a great experience! Though I still feel like an ass for coming into the panel late ._. I think this is *the* nicest hotel I have ever attended a convention at. I give major props to all of the staff and organizers for pulling this event off. I will almost definitely be going again next year.

Eurobeat King
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Maryssa: I think it was actually a treat for Amano-san when you & Nessa came in late for his panel, as I'm sure he didn't expect to see people cosplay as FF characters in his style at the con, let alone to see Terra & Gau walk down the aisle and sit in the front row!! ;) Plus beforehand, when someone asked him who his favorite character in FF was, he replied "Tina" (Terra) So I'm sure he was happy to see someone cosplay his favorite character. :)

Mistress09
03-29-2005, 12:49 AM
This con was great! For those of you who may not recognize me, I was the Medusa that stood in the same place for a few hours. I enjoyed meeting new people and the general atmosphere was friendly. I had many people just come up to me and starting chatting with me, it was lots of fun.

And yes, who can forget Gainax Boy's hilarious skit! Thanks to everyone who talked to me and kept me company. You've all made this experience a very memorable one.

Also, a huge big thanks to the con staff as well, they were very accomodating when Honey Bunny and I hosted our "Girl Gamers Unite" and "Yaoi Explosion" panels.

Suguishi
03-29-2005, 03:24 AM
i love the con suite!!! it was HEAVEN!! *LAAAA~~~~* the food was great!!!!! (and FREE!!!!!)

SohjiroX
03-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Heheheh, this may be long sorry,

Well the drive up was ok, a bit of a pain, I lost my sharigan contacts....*shakes fist alot* Next to that, the car has no suspention to look foward to on roads like I-10 and such, so yeah.

Next to that, I was amazed about the con, and how much fun it was, I even got to crossplay two outfits, one renegadepocky made me, and the other I made the night before...honestly it wasn't that good of an outfit.

The first few hours of the con were interesting, I liked it a bit more than animagic when I got there, I had alot of fun hanging with my friends from c.c I know here.

Though I felt bad for badges that got sold out and how con goers had to skip things.

I even got to meet a new group I get to say, yay I get to be apart of, and for the two that helped me have a good time and let me hang with, you two will never be forgottan.

I got to even cosplay Hakkai, god I was happy about that. Also debue a outfit that I got to change into a black gun mage, Amanda dont worry, its still Tsukasa, I just had trouble with the wig and didn't want to deal with no hat for him and no staff since I didn't have room to pack it.

The second day was very interesting too, I got to see people and learn some interesting facts....ahhhh...my new friends GF is someone I hurt....nooooo, I really want to fix that now for more than one reasons.

I even got to make easter eggs at a new friends place, that was interesting. And I got to be in the dance and do the bunny hop with them....I felt odd but I loved every minute of it, I got to cosplay Al from FMA human form though, though no one would know that I was that person.

The last day was alot of fun since I got to spend time with everyone I was hanging with, said Hi to Adella, Matt, and Alaria not to mention Kyle and Al, since everytime I saw him I told him to go home and joke about it and laugh how he keeps taking last minute pics.

I even stayed a day over to hang out and take more pics with new friends and see Ring 2....and I thought it was going to be scary....ok I didn't even watch it really I was to much into jokeing with Sanzo and hiding from the movie.

The day after that I had fun planning three cons with my new friend and also get breakfest and lunch with her. and also hear some comforting words on how I should relax and no stress....so thats what I'm going to do.

Honestly basing this con 1-10....a nice 8, could have been bit more active in a few ways, but I liked it over all better than Animagic.

I hope to see more pics from the con from other people and get PM's from friends, oh and ANOM, darn you and your great Reno outfit!!! heheh, late guys.

yayahan
03-30-2005, 01:54 PM
^o^ I had such a great time all weekend, thanks to everyone for making it so awesome! Anthony is one heck of a Con Chair, I think he managed the impossible task of getting everything done and making everyone feel special and welcome the same time. The staffers were wonderful, and generous when giving food to guests who forgot to eat all day ^^;
I won't even go into meeting Amano and getting a doodle/autograph, I think we all feel the same about it ^___^
Thank you to everyone who came to our cosplay panel - Tristine, Adella and I really appreciated the thoughtful questions! Hopefully next time we'll take over the big panel room >:D
And it was amazing to see all the masquerade costumes up close during judging - I think for a first con, Anizona had some fantastic participants in the contest, a healthy mix of veterans and also enthusiastic first-timers ^_-! Thanks to my fellow judges Randell and Katie, and also to Kyo who put this whole thing together.
I think what ultimately made the con so great for everyone though was that there was time to hang out and chill with old and new friends. I loved meeting so many people from here, like Ch!, shirogami520, Mistress09, Krishna, HoneyBunny, Jinx...
Let's just hope next year there won't be a cap off on attendees - I wonder if there would be a way to reserve the entire hotel (it was just incredible btw - like a resort)?

Tenucha
03-31-2005, 02:58 AM
^o^ I had such a great time all weekend, thanks to everyone for making it so awesome! Anthony is one heck of a Con Chair, I think he managed the impossible task of getting everything done and making everyone feel special and welcome the same time. The staffers were wonderful, and generous when giving food to guests who forgot to eat all day ^^;
I won't even go into meeting Amano and getting a doodle/autograph, I think we all feel the same about it ^___^
Thank you to everyone who came to our cosplay panel - Tristine, Adella and I really appreciated the thoughtful questions! Hopefully next time we'll take over the big panel room >:D
And it was amazing to see all the masquerade costumes up close during judging - I think for a first con, Anizona had some fantastic participants in the contest, a healthy mix of veterans and also enthusiastic first-timers ^_-! Thanks to my fellow judges Randell and Katie, and also to Kyo who put this whole thing together.
I think what ultimately made the con so great for everyone though was that there was time to hang out and chill with old and new friends. I loved meeting so many people from here, like Ch!, shirogami520, Mistress09, Krishna, HoneyBunny, Jinx...
Let's just hope next year there won't be a cap off on attendees - I wonder if there would be a way to reserve the entire hotel (it was just incredible btw - like a resort)?

I didn't realize you are Yaya Han!! ^_^
Your costume was very sweet!!
My moms a seamstress and was cheking out the pics of the mermaid costume.

I really would hav elikes to attend your panle, but I was one of those volenteers who put in 12hrs between Fri and Sat (most of the time was on Sat).
I was wondering if that Amano Areith that was at AniZona was the one I seen else where who, like, IS Areith... I dunno how else to explain her :P

And yes, heopfully next year there isn't a cap and it's held somewhere a 'lil larger then a resort lobby ^_^

Until Expo!

Frank_Castle
03-31-2005, 09:04 AM

Yes they were entertaining....Interesting conversations....LOL....and hey, we weren't that drunk (At least I wasn't) :-P

Heh, fun tymes. I had to skip out early (late) on Saturday night though, sorry I had to miss it XP

Yeah man it would have been cool if you had joined us again on Saturday. Still, nonetheless, thanks for involving yourself in such odd conversations on Friday. :-)

I was gonna mention the sushi thing, too. LOL, but Frank did a fantastic job in the first place!!

I appreciate you saying that.. Personally I think I could have done better but I guess you can't plan what other people are gonna do.. But serioulsy, Thanks!

My memory will probebly be all the great costumes and friends I made.

And the fact that I was hardley "Cosplaying" and I SOMEHOW attracted a full army of fan girls... despite the fact my girlfriend was always with me o_@

Yeah including my girlfriend! GRR! :-) HAHA. It was nice talking to you and your GF during the registration line and during the con. Hope you and your GF decide to go to AX with the Arizona Crew!

*stops lurking and posts*

The con was definately something else, to say the least. It was super awesome to meet a bunch of people who I've seen before and never said anything to XD

It was nice to meet you too! Thanks for sharing the Mike's Hard Lemonade with Pakkun and me. Too bad you couldn't stay for the rum&coke.

Maryssa: Oh Snap! That was you?!?! Nice job on the costume!

Mistress09: Oh Snap! That was you?!?! Nice job on the costume!

uhh...that seemed repeative cause it was..and because you both did kicka$$ jobs!!

Suguishi: I got a couple pics of you and Pimp Sasuke. Some of the coolest pics I got at the con.

SohjiroX: It was very cool chillin and drinkin with you and the guys. As noted earlier: Very interesting conversations. LOL
Too bad you aren't a Phoenix native man. I'll see you at a con or two out of state soon enough.

angelicstar: when I first started gettin into cosplay you were one I admired very much (Still do) Great job on the costume (as usual) :-) I imagined that it was quite hard moving around in that thing so me and my GF let you go ahead of me in the crowd several times. I wish I'd been able to talk to you a bit in person and tell you how much of an inspiration you were to me wanting to cosplay! I'm sure you get it all the time though and would have sounded a bit repeative. :-) anwayz, Thanks for coming to Anizona!

Gainax Boy: Nice meeting you in person! DAMNIT I still need to see a video of you at the Masq...I was sleeping my 2-3 hours for that day at that time. :-P

++(YELLS) "DOES ANYONE HAVE A GAINAX BOY VIDEO FROM THE CONVENTION?!?!++

Personally for my first convention I had a blast and met a ton of new people and friends! There's no way I'm gonna be able to hold off until Anizona2 to get my Anime Con or Cosplay fix....I'll see you all at AX in July!

yayahan
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I didn't realize you are Yaya Han!! ^_^
Your costume was very sweet!!
My moms a seamstress and was cheking out the pics of the mermaid costume.

I really would hav elikes to attend your panle, but I was one of those volenteers who put in 12hrs between Fri and Sat (most of the time was on Sat).
I was wondering if that Amano Areith that was at AniZona was the one I seen else where who, like, IS Areith... I dunno how else to explain her :P

And yes, heopfully next year there isn't a cap and it's held somewhere a 'lil larger then a resort lobby ^_^

Until Expo!

Oh thank you! We would have liked to have you at the panel! Maybe next time? ^_^
Yes I think I know what you mean, and who you're talking about. Adella was the Amano Aeris, and her website is at:
AdellaCosplay.com (http://adellacosplay.com) She probably has mastered every version of that character imaginable ^_^

yayahan
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
angelicstar: when I first started gettin into cosplay you were one I admired very much (Still do) Great job on the costume (as usual) :-) I imagined that it was quite hard moving around in that thing so me and my GF let you go ahead of me in the crowd several times. I wish I'd been able to talk to you a bit in person and tell you how much of an inspiration you were to me wanting to cosplay! I'm sure you get it all the time though and would have sounded a bit repeative. :-) anwayz, Thanks for coming to Anizona!

*dies* omg you were some of the very nice people who kept making way for me? Thank you so much, and I felt kinda embarrassed slow-motioning around all day and holding up others ^^;. I really appreciate your words, and please do say hi next time you see me! I'm mostly so concentrated on not tripping while in costume that I don't always notice my surroundings XD
Thanks again!

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Yesh AniZona was a blast! I've been meaning to write up a full con report, but, I am lazy. At least I put up all my 60+ pictures. =D My favorite in general was getting to cosplay (I'm not able to go to many cons) and meet other cosplayers and chat with them. I really enjoyed the 3 panels I went to on Friday! It's one thing to oogle at pictures of peoples costumes online, but it's another thing entirely to see them in person, and talking to them. I enjoyed meeting the GoHs Yaya and Katie, and Tristen was so cute and funny at her panels too! XD I was so happy to see all the great costumes! o.o From both Arizonians (is that the right word?) and out-of-staters. I ran into so many people I knew from various places, it was awesome. =D I think I am the only person who didn't go to an Amano panel. =o I enjoyed the Amano costumes though...

I'm mostly so concentrated on not tripping while in costume that I don't always notice my surroundings XD
Thanks again!

I know what you mean about not tripping. >.< I was so afraid of tripping in my dress, and I got in everyones way and people stepped on it. x_x That would be my least favorite memory from the con. It must have been really difficult to get around in your Aristocrat outfit! But gosh, so pretty and worth it!

SohjiroX
03-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Frank_Castle: Any time man, its cool chilling with a guy like you, dont know what will happen next and more. But yeah, look me up at any con in so cal, I'll be there.

Velvy
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
I enjoyed this con immeasurably! Everyone was very congenial, and it was nice to have encountered as many people as I did, AnoN, Jinx, Sohji, Mistress09, Al. There were many people I would have liked to stop and talk to, but our time was cut short (we were the ones the emcee was saying "Bye" to a little after the masquerade began XD).

ANoM
04-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Welp, since it was my first, I can't compare this con to any others... regardless, I had one helluva time! XD It was great finally getting to meet a bunch of folks from these forums, as well as just new people in general.

Admired the seasoned veterans' costumes from afar. Sorry if I didn't come up and say hi, angelicstar, Maryssa, or any other folks from c.com. You all looked so busy, hehe... maybe I'll run into you at AX or somethin' ^^;

Gainax Boy
04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
hehe, well I guess Gainax Boy doesn't love everyone anymore. Oh well, I knew it couldn't last ^^;;

Anyways, I'd totally like to give a major shout-out to everyone I met at the Anime LARP. I had a total blast. And thanks again to everyone who cheered me on at the Masquerade. Expect another awesome Gainax Boy Production at Fanime this year ^^

Maryssa
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Haha yeah I was pretty much 'stealth' all weekend (one girl actually thought I was Adella..?). I hadn't announced my brand new terra costume for a reason =p Sorry to those who wanted to say hi =p I had a well-needed break.

tasu
04-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Herrrm most memorable would be when I grabbed a bunch of people and we went to my house (which was freakishly close to the hotel) and we decorated Easter eggs....in cosplay costumes. And hanging with the loverly Suguishi, Pimp Sasuke and their awesome friends. I miss my ring pop. T_T

It was really weird being at a local con, so many familar faces like woah.

AFadingDream
04-02-2005, 11:28 AM
As with all far away cons, the fun was meeting brand spanking new people. I met AnoM, and then made friends with a random guy I stood in line with for 2 hours X_X. And the awesome gogo that won the masquerade! I think that is one of the most well deserved awards ever, anyone else think his costume was just awesomely amazing?

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-02-2005, 01:00 PM
It was really weird being at a local con, so many familar faces like woah.

XD I know what you mean! I must have known half the people there already, either from the AniZona forums, Atomic Comics events, or Cosplay.com - even a couple I met at the Matsuri festival. There were all these people yelling, "NyuNyu!" at me and I was like WTF!?! Do I know you? Oh wait yes I do... That was pretty cool actually- finding people again that I've met before. ^^

Mucai
04-03-2005, 08:27 PM
It could have been better. There were a number of things that went wrong and a few things that shouldn't have happened to start with. I couldn't see any of the cosplay contest because all I could see was the back of Gainax Boy's head. >_<;;

I give AniZona a 5/10. (and no, that's not because it was a first year con. the other first year con I've been to rated a 7/10, and the 2nd year con I've been to got a 9.)

tasu
04-03-2005, 09:32 PM
XD I know what you mean! I must have known half the people there already, either from the AniZona forums, Atomic Comics events, or Cosplay.com - even a couple I met at the Matsuri festival. There were all these people yelling, "NyuNyu!" at me and I was like WTF!?! Do I know you? Oh wait yes I do... That was pretty cool actually- finding people again that I've met before. ^^

I know what you mean! It confused me so much, maybe because I'm so used to being unknown. The best one I got was "Are you nose fries Sasuke?" That was magical. I got a lot of people confusing me for my AC counter part that judges with me. Ahhh memories.

sunako
04-03-2005, 11:28 PM
The best one I got was "Are you nose fries Sasuke?"

AHAHAHA That was me XD

tasu
04-03-2005, 11:34 PM
AHAHAHA That was me XD

Seriously it's the best thing to be reconize for. <3~

GT Ranma
04-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I still want to know who was dressed up as Cobra XD I got a picture of her drinking coke through her mask ^^ That was so cool/~~

Frank: Oh, yeah, I didn't even get a buzz any of the days, but it was still alot of fun~

I must have my Orochimaru costume done by next con XD Though I doubt I can make AX now ; ;

ANoM
04-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I still want to know who was dressed up as Cobra XD I got a picture of her drinking coke through her mask ^^ That was so cool/~~

That was "R is for Reno". She's got some pics of the Cobra outfit in her gallery as well.

GT Ranma
04-04-2005, 03:40 PM
'R is for Reno' *nodnods and wanders off to find*

(Off subject, ignore ^_-)
Hey ANoM, once I'm down in my new Appartment by Arizona Mills, I'll give you a call ^^ Frank wants me to be Rude for AX u.u But I'm still not sure, I really want to do Orochimaru, and I'm not even sure I can make it ; ;

I'm still sad that I could not cosplay Anizona ; ; But it was still alot of fun hanging out with all the cosplayers XD That was soo cool~~

Gainax Boy
04-04-2005, 03:58 PM
It could have been better. There were a number of things that went wrong and a few things that shouldn't have happened to start with. I couldn't see any of the cosplay contest because all I could see was the back of Gainax Boy's head. >_<;;

OMG!! I am soooooooo Sorry!! -__- *bows*

I had no idea I was impeding. There was a guy with a camera on a tripod behind me and it seemed like the camera was high enough to get a good shot. I was completely unaware of everyone else behind me. My sincere apologies.

ANoM
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey ANoM, once I'm down in my new Appartment by Arizona Mills, I'll give you a call ^^ Frank wants me to be Rude for AX u.u But I'm still not sure, I really want to do Orochimaru, and I'm not even sure I can make it ; ;

Werd. And don't feel pressured into anything you don't wanna do. This is all supposed to be fun^^

Back on topic, Even if things went wrong or some stuff went on that wasn't supposed to, I still had a helluva lotta fun.

SohjiroX
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I had a blast, I just think next time I go to a con...I need to figure out who is who and what relation people have with eachother....After what I found out and how I was nearly going to have a heart attack finding out about a friends back ground, dont know if they want me to say there name. I was pretty much wow'ed, but I had a blast. I mean I got to see ANoM's finished work for Reno, next to that I saw some fimilar faces and got to cosplay some characters I always wanted to cosplay.

I will be there again for sure.

Mucai
04-05-2005, 11:08 PM
OMG!! I am soooooooo Sorry!! -__- *bows*

I had no idea I was impeding. There was a guy with a camera on a tripod behind me and it seemed like the camera was high enough to get a good shot. I was completely unaware of everyone else behind me. My sincere apologies.
:lost:

can't change what happened though :(

Because I couldn't see anything at the contest and my camera was charging most of the time so I could use it at the contest >_<;; I only got 13 photos, most of them are of my room mates. no idea where to upload them.

Chinese_shounen
04-06-2005, 12:08 AM
HEYO!!! Hi. As you can tell I was the Luffy at the con. On Saturday mostly. I was Sasuke on Friday and K (gravitation) on Sunday. So yeah. I would just like to thank everybody here....for not glomping me. But yeah about what Icewolf and Tasu said about the familiar faces thing was crazy like woah!!! (Tasu do you remember getting hugged by a little Shuichi before the Amano panal?) Yeah. I was one of those people that was like "OMG NyuNyu!!!" or not directly to you but at one point I said "Holy poop on a stick it's Tasu." It was crazy either way and a very good con experience. Especially because it was my first con. I especially had fun on Saturday though because lots of people wanted my picture for once.

tasu
04-24-2005, 12:28 PM
HEYO!!! Hi. As you can tell I was the Luffy at the con. On Saturday mostly. I was Sasuke on Friday and K (gravitation) on Sunday. So yeah. I would just like to thank everybody here....for not glomping me. But yeah about what Icewolf and Tasu said about the familiar faces thing was crazy like woah!!! (Tasu do you remember getting hugged by a little Shuichi before the Amano panal?) Yeah. I was one of those people that was like "OMG NyuNyu!!!" or not directly to you but at one point I said "Holy poop on a stick it's Tasu." It was crazy either way and a very good con experience. Especially because it was my first con. I especially had fun on Saturday though because lots of people wanted my picture for once.

Yeah if I didn't go to the AC things I probably wouldn't have reconized so many people. XD I remember that Shuichi! I felt uber fluffy after that hug. :3 (I was all giggling to my friends about how a cute little Shuichi hugged me.)

I MADE POOP HOLY! <3

Tenucha
05-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah if I didn't go to the AC things I probably wouldn't have reconized so many people. XD I remember that Shuichi! I felt uber fluffy after that hug. :3 (I was all giggling to my friends about how a cute little Shuichi hugged me.)

I MADE POOP HOLY! <3

What? Who?!
I got no Shuichii lovin'....

goldtogepi
05-26-2005, 04:56 PM
All together, I think that Con was so fun. Cant wait for Anizona 2. (loved the FMA panel!)

Usako Haneino
08-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I was working the main veiwing room and only got to have fun at the LARP (the 18+ shift in the veiwing room nearly killed us x_x ). I was the one who screwed up on sailor moons entrance speach... i even did a pseudo facefall when i went blank lol. i had to demand the time off to do the LARP otherwise i would have been working the entire time. i was able to sit in artists alley for a while and sell some of my drawings while dressed up as Hotaru Tomoe with a bright purple wig . i was mostly ignored but i sold a couple drawings and i saw the cactuar costume and the chocobo and the bahamut and the moogle i only misssed the bahamut and catuar when i guessed for them but the costumes Roxors ^_^

Lemon Fox
08-21-2005, 11:53 PM
I was there, but since it was my first con [and I didn't have time], I wasn't cosplaying [but just you wait for AniZona 2!!!]. So if you saw a girl with Black bushy hair, glasses, traveling with two guys [I refer to them as my minions] that was me...but the chances of that are low.

I'm glad to say that I loved the dealer's room [is that what it was called?]...though my wallet begs to differ! I was also the second person in line waiting for the masquerade...two hours waiting...and waiting, and the Miroku in the show was blocking the way when I was trying to take pictures. I was seriously considering chucking my shoe at him...but I figured it was too troublesome.

Chibi Ice Wolf
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
I was also the second person in line waiting for the masquerade...two hours waiting...and waiting, and the Miroku in the show was blocking the way when I was trying to take pictures. I was seriously considering chucking my shoe at him...but I figured it was too troublesome.

Hey now! Don't take it out on the poor cosplayers! XD Though really the seating for the masquerade was awful. I was in the show, so I was up front and could see just fine, but I remember looking back and thinking, "Damn. Those poor people can't see a thing." =( The stage needs to be set up higher or something else needs to be changed.

Lemon Fox
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey now! Don't take it out on the poor cosplayers! XD Though really the seating for the masquerade was awful. I was in the show, so I was up front and could see just fine, but I remember looking back and thinking, "Damn. Those poor people can't see a thing." =( The stage needs to be set up higher or something else needs to be changed. Yes I know, I don't blame the cosplayers, but now thanks to him...almost all pictures I have of the masquerade include Miroku's staff...My friend after seeing the pictures asked if I had a thing for him...I replied "Yeah sure, that staff just got to me, oh yeah...yeah..." But oh well que sera sera...I just hope they do fix the seating a bit more, short people like me can't see for zut!

Chibi Ice Wolf
08-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Yes I know, I don't blame the cosplayers, but now thanks to him...almost all pictures I have of the masquerade include Miroku's staff...My friend after seeing the pictures asked if I had a thing for him...I replied "Yeah sure, that staff just got to me, oh yeah...yeah..." But oh well que sera sera...I just hope they do fix the seating a bit more, short people like me can't see for zut!

I think I myself would have been considerate enough to lay any large props on the floor ^.^;; I heard a similar story about a Yuna staff. Sorry that happened to ya. =(