PDA

View Full Version : Something I want to do for next Con Season.

Studmaster
07-14-2002, 12:57 AM
Well, I'm planning to piecemeal or Comission a costume for Otakon. I'm planning to get into the making of costumes for next year's con season.

The first one I want to start on was him

http://www.gundamofficial.com/www_uc/image2/chara/4/z_gato/mpic.gif

This is Anavel Gato from Kidou Senshi Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to make this costume a real good first one.

Cynthia
07-19-2002, 03:33 PM
For the guy on the left try a band uniform pattern or a civil war generals pattern for the top.

As for the pants, if you can't find a matching pattern just take a regular pants pattern and alter it.

Buy a pair of mid calf high boots.

As far as the big gold eagle in the center of the chest-get some gold foil, draw the eagle backwards on it, then cut it out and stick to the chest.

You'll also need a pattern for a half cape. Some gold fringe and rope for all the little extras on the collar and cuffs. And a little gold fabric for the shoulder pieces. And just a black belt with a gold or brass buckle.

Now I suggest you don't do the guy on the right because his costume-if done properly-will cost a lot more.

Studmaster
07-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Oh don't worry, I don't plan to do the one on the right. I forgot to say that in my last post.