PDA

View Full Version : KH Aerinth

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 07:36 PM
ok...today i went to the Fabric place for about an hour and a half looking for a pattern that was even remotely close to her outfit, all i managed to find was a skirt with buttons down it...not even a tank top with the right neckline....grr...what do you guys suggest i do for her outfit...still look for a pattern? wing it? or go searching Savers?

Collie
01-07-2003, 07:39 PM
I'd say make your own pattern. Or alter one. ^^; You might wanna correct the header.......

I made my own pattern for Aerith. It turned out rather well I might add. Now if only I had a con to wear it to....
::makes her own patterns::
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
01-07-2003, 07:55 PM
patterns REALLY aren't that hard to make. ^-^ Just picture what the outfit would look like spread out on the floor. For dresses, shirts, sleeves etc. this works perfect for me. For shorts, pants and some jackets, it's a little different, and you'd be better off buying one, however.

I drew the pattern for my Lime costume on a stick-it notepad O_o Then I re-drew it about barbie-size on material to make sure it would work out and fall properly. When it came time to make the real thing, then i just re-drew it onto the laid out fabric in pencil.

Give it a shot! Especially for something as simple as Aeris' dress, it's a good place to start pattern-making on your own. It'll come in handy and I'm sure you wont have a problem. ^_~

You can always seam-rip and re-stitch or hem things that are too long/big. But always be sure to make it the right size or bigger to start with!! It's bad, bad news if you start off by making it too small. X_x Stretchy material is a gift from God. ^_^ HEHehaha.

Luv
Limeyaku

Mizuho
01-07-2003, 08:24 PM
For KH Aerith, I made my own pattern, too. It's not a difficult dress to make at all, although I still have to alter mine.

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 08:55 PM
i was thinking of making my own pattern...it certainly wont be hard, i could even alter the duster pattern i have that i made for Rinoa, i could make the straps different and lower the back..-gets lots of ideas- teehee....
too bad i just went to the fabric store today! o well..i can just finish what im doing for my Rinoa costume...i finally got an awesome idea for the wings that im going to try out...^.^ i wonder if its ever been done before...

oh!! and thanks for the heads up on the header...damn typos

Narusegawa
01-10-2003, 04:35 PM
it's me lolllll

http://membres.lycos.fr/sailorsaturn/moi-aeris.JPG

ChibiRinoa
01-10-2003, 07:31 PM
lol i like the costume