PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Photoshoot 2005!

Mekou
03-29-2005, 03:01 AM
It was such a success last year and with Naruto cosplay still going strong I think that another Naruto-themed photoshoot is in order! ^_^

The photoshoot will take place at the lovely High Park in Toronto. The main entrance, where we all will be meeting, is at 1873 Bloor St W. For a Map, click here (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=IPvb.up_0TqPWutN7hRqP2FUneEL1PXf&csz=Toronto&country=ca).

When

The photoshoot will be on Saturday June 25th and we will be meeting at 1pm just inside the park entrance.

How to get there

TTC - Take the Bloor line subway to High Park Station. Upon exiting the station, turn left (if facing the street). Walk to the street corner and turn left again. You can't miss it.

I'll have to do more research on how to get there via driving. That info will be posted soon. ^_^

Food

Bring Water! The weather may be very hot and some costumes don't leave room for breathing to be sure to keep hydrated. Water can be bought in the park or at a nearby conveinience store.

Food will be potluck style. That means everyone should brings food or drinks or other things for a picnic and at an agreed time we will all sit and have a picnic together. =) Of course, it's not mandatory but it would be fun. Keep food allergies in mind. (I ask that people mention any food alleriges that they have so that we can keep everyone safe. ^_^)

If anyone can volunteer thier vehicle to store the food once we're finished that would be great. (I realize that vehicles will heat up, so non-dry foods will be stored in coolers to keep them edible XD)

Food is available at the park. =) So if you wish to buy your own food, bring money.

And here's a list of what food people are bringing. =) If you have allergies please bring them up! And please bring food! This is a picnic as well as a photoshoot. =P

- Lunch Basket with assorted goodies
- Timbits
- Beef/fish/squid balls
- Bags of chips
- Freezies

And other assorted necessities

- Napkins
- Eating Utensils
- Plates

Fun Contests

Anyone interested in having some fun contest(s)? Seed-chan suggested a kite building contest or making Naruto-styled snacks.

I doubt there will be prizes, but maybe there will be. ^_~

Feel free to suggest any easy Naruto-themed contest ideas.

Notes of Importance

Keep the kind of weather in mind, guys. So be sure to put on some sunscreen and bring some water. =)

Random

The Naruto Photoshoot will be taking place on the 2nd last day of Pride Week. =D

Also, currently the following characters are not accounted for. Let's try to get as many characters as we can for this shoot! =D

- Shikamaru
- Ino
- Shino
- Rock Lee
- Orochimaru
- Kurenai
- Haku
- Zabusa
- Iruka

Those are the main ones, I think. So let's try to get everyone so the photoshoot will be even more fun!

People Attending and who they are coming as

Amy the Yu - Tenten
Archy Jupiter - Gai-sensei
chaos_magician - Kimimaro
Chef_belegfea - Kakashi (tentative?)
Chibik3r0 - Kiba
Chobrat - Naruto (Time Jump?)
HidoshiNobunaga - Jiraiya
hikarilight - Young Itachi
Jiyoon - Hinata
kagome_osuwari - ANBU
Kaido Kaoru - Chouji
Katsuyuki_Shiro - Sasuke (tentative)
Kawaii Kinomoto - Sakura
Kawaii Akina - Naruto
kels - Tsunade?
Lady Sodina - Temari
majekili - Gaara (+1 as Sasuke)
Mekou-chan - Neji (Time Jump)
Mrs^Shesshoumaru - Cursed Seal Sasuke lv2
minion-chan - Konohamaru
Ochika - Temari
Seed-chan - Anko (+1 as Haku..maybe XD)
somethingcatchy - Asuma
Snowgren - Yondaime (tentative?)
TheWestWind - Sasuke
Vanima Estel - Sakura
wing_goddess - Temari

Chibik3r0
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I'll be all Kiba'ed up regardless of where we have it...

I'd say High Park, only just because we had the last photoshoot in Kariya Park and we may end up with a lot of the same photos as last time I figure... We'll probably interrupt a lot less weddings at High Park too, which may or may not factor into our decision XD

Mekou
03-29-2005, 09:31 AM
>> We'll probably interrupt a lot less weddings at High Park too, which may or may not factor into our decision XD

That's exactly what I was thinking! XD Because I'm expected at least a /few/ more than what we got last year. ^^

Ochika
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
i say we ninja up the zoo XD hopefully i wont run into my old boss and get yelled at for not finishing my work XD scary old fish lady >_>;;;. i was we go..ummm i dunno XD we'll be cosplaying up montreal from june 30th to july 10th...so not suring that time period. early june/ mid july

Mrs^Sesshoumaru
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
heheh ninjas at the zoo sounds like fun^-^ but im one of those broke ppl so it wouldnt matter to me if it was decided that it should be sumwhere "free" either way count this sasuke in :bigtu:

Amy the Yu
03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
YAY! ^^ gives me chance to wear my completed Tenten costume. XD

Grr though. I have a feeling I'm going to end up stuck down in Philly when this happens. I've yet to make a single photoshoot (con or not), and I'm pretty sure that's not about to change now. >_>

I swear there's some higher power that's having a blast figuring out new and creative ways to make me miss photoshoots that I want to go to.

i say we ninja up the zoo XD hopefully i wont run into my old boss and get yelled at for not finishing my work XD scary old fish lady >_>;;;. i was we go..ummm i dunno XD we'll be cosplaying up montreal from june 30th to july 10th...so not suring that time period. early june/ mid julyBoooooo. I was gonna suggest Canada Day weekend since it's probably one of the few times, I can manage to get days off for work for a trip back. =P

Danners
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, wherever it is I try to make it this year to actually take some pics. I was working last year (oddly enough, doing a photoshoot) so I couldn't make it out. The Zoo would be pretty cool to take some pics actually. My 'dream' photoshoot would be Wonderland though. Could get some really cool stuff there although it'd probably be a problem to do a shoot there (and it'd cost way too much for most people.)

I know of some places we can shoot (for free). Problem is that I don't know what they're called. I'll ask the photographer I work with for the names of places. There's one place (in Scarborough I believe) which is near Lake Ontario. Has some nice areas around it and such. High Park 'may' be ok too although I personally have not shot there before. Kariya Park looks good, but I can understand you wanting to switch locals. Also, there's always Lakeshore and/or Ontario Place.

Let me do some research and see if I can come up with anything. But for now, I like the Zoo option.

Ochika
03-29-2005, 03:24 PM
ROUGE VALLY! big giant green belt between pickering and scarb. has rivers and hills and open feilds and TREES everywhere...and its free XD it would be a really nice place and we could turn it into a picnic

Mekou
03-29-2005, 04:23 PM
>> we'll be cosplaying up montreal from june 30th to july 10th...so not suring that time period. early june/ mid july

I may possible be kidnapped to go here too. XD so yeah, not during that time. o.o;

>> but im one of those broke ppl so it wouldnt matter to me if it was decided that it should be sumwhere "free" either way count this sasuke in

Yay Sasuke! hehe. ^_^ I know that a lot of people are "broke". So that's why we're planning WAY ahead so then people can save up a bit of cash. =D

>> Grr though. I have a feeling I'm going to end up stuck down in Philly when this happens. I've yet to make a single photoshoot (con or not), and I'm pretty sure that's not about to change now. >_>

*le uber hug* If you can't make it, we'll have a photo of you with us so you'll be there in spirit! XD Hmm..voodoo doll..>=D

>> High Park 'may' be ok too although I personally have not shot there before.

Youc an check here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v37/mekou/High%20Park%20Photoshoot/), here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v37/mekou/High%20Park%20Photoshoot%202/), here (http://www.pictures.adaelis.com/high_park_20040626/high_park_20040626_p01.html) and here (http://www.pictures.adaelis.com/high_park_20040710/high_park_20040710_p01.html) for pics of photosshoots we took last year at High Park. =) and those were just a few areas. High Park is pretty big. XD

>> ROUGE VALLY! big giant green belt between pickering and scarb. has rivers and hills and open feilds and TREES everywhere...and its free XD it would be a really nice place and we could turn it into a picnic

yeah, but it's it like...huge? o_O And I'm more worried about any dangers there. Some of those hills are pretty steep. I don't want anything happening to our ninjas! ;.; Personally, I'd rather save the Rouge for another photoshoot. :3

I /love/ the idea of a picnic! Though please remember that we need to set an example and clean up after ourselves! No one likes a litter-ninja. T_T

hikarilight
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Wee~ Another Naruto photoshoot would be great sometime in the summer :D June or July would be a great choice since most of us have nothing to do in the summer *coughcough*

I'll come as Itachi again, most likely young, it would be nice to have a young Sasuke to cosplay with :3 As for location, High Park looks good to me and I can actually get there without being driven there unlike last time ^^;;

Can't wait until this actually happens~ <3 <3

Seed-chan
03-29-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm in, but if it's in July, I'll probably be in summer school. (Yes, I plan early. Stupid grade 11 physics...). I say High Park too, because TTC accessible is always my no 1 choice =D

I'll probably be Anko laa~

Katsuyuki_Shiro
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd probably be in Summer School too.. TT___TT.. Stupid grade 10 math.. <_<... This just goes to show that whoever says that all chinese people are good at math is wrong.. <_<... But if I do get a chance to go I'll probably bring out my Sasuke costume again.. ^^

Nightmyst
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Would you mind if Yume no Senshi drops by? We don't exactly have Naruto character costumes, but we are dressed as three Mist shinobi! Of course all three of us will be the youngest ones there ^_^". But I've lived in Scarborough all my life and i live roughly 5 minutes away from the zoo. So I can help with directions and stuff! :)

Oh and Danners, the place that you're thinking of is the Scarborough Bluffs. It would also bee a cool place to take pictures because it's right on Lake Ontario and there are lots of rocky outcrops on the lake.

Danners
03-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh and Danners, the place that you're thinking of is the Scarborough Bluffs. It would also bee a cool place to take pictures because it's right on Lake Ontario and there are lots of rocky outcrops on the lake.

That's the name. We've shot a couple weddings there before. It's not as varied as some locations though, but the rocks are usually nice, and the lake makes a great view too. But yeah, I'm still voting for the Zoo.

Straywind
03-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I had so much fun at the last Naruto photoshoot. I would love to attend another one. I personally would prefer doing it in late spring/summer (June or July). I could wear Haku again (if I have the time and money I might even redo parts of it so it isn't so horribly inaccurate). (~_~);;

I actually really want to make a new Naruto costume in June or July (if I can find the money to do one). I'm not sure which character yet, but I was actually considering doing one that is overdone and is well spoken for in terms of this shoot already. (^^);; I might make a simple and easy costume if I have the time to do something new. I love so many characters from this series. <3 *pokes Hiakari Light* If you really need a young Sasuke and I can come up with the money to make said costume....

Regardless, I'm sure this will be a lot of fun. I agree that doing it at the Zoo (which could be problematic for some of us) or High Park would be nice. Edward's Gardens is a pretty venue as well. As long as we have nice sunlight and pretty scenery we're good. (^_^)

hikarilight
03-29-2005, 10:53 PM
I actually really want to make a new Naruto costume in June or July (if I can find the money to do one). I'm not sure which character yet, but I was actually considering doing one that is overdone and is well spoken for in terms of this shoot already. (^^);; I might make a simple and easy costume if I have the time to do something new. I love so many characters from this series. <3 *pokes Hiakari Light* If you really need a young Sasuke and I can come up with the money to make said costume....

Wee~ If you do young Sasuke, that would be so cool and since you wanted to do Sasuke, it all works XD I hope you can come up with the money~ <3 <3

Though dressing all in black in the summer will definitely be a pain to bear... *coughcough*

Nightmyst
03-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Another nice place to have the photoshoot would be at Guildwood Park. There's a variety of architectural structures for interesting backgrounds and it's also accessible from Kennedy station.

Straywind
03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Wee~ If you do young Sasuke, that would be so cool and since you wanted to do Sasuke, it all works XD I hope you can come up with the money~ <3 <3

Though dressing all in black in the summer will definitely be a pain to bear... *coughcough*

I know itís really early to decide and really doesnít matter at this point, but I would like to tentatively say I'll Cosplay young Sasuke at this Naruto photoshoot (whenever it is). I'm sure the material cost will not be that high. My only concern is buying a wig but hopefully it'll work out and I'll have a wig for later Sasuke costumes. Besides, I have yet to do a partner Cosplay with Hikari Light and that must be remedied. <3 Wearing black will not be fun but at least the outfit has sleeves and the like. It could always be worse. *looks at reference images of Yzak's ZAFT uniform and of Jack Skellington* (^^);;

Kawaii Kinomoto
03-30-2005, 12:24 AM
yay!! naruto photoshoot!! i'm in for sure!! i'll be cosplaying as sakura... and yay for young sasuke and itachi!! kawaii!! :p lol... hope to see you all at the photoshoot :jjacks:

hikarilight
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I know itís really early to decide and really doesnít matter at this point, but I would like to tentatively say I'll Cosplay young Sasuke at this Naruto photoshoot (whenever it is). I'm sure the material cost will not be that high. My only concern is buying a wig but hopefully it'll work out and I'll have a wig for later Sasuke costumes. Besides, I have yet to do a partner Cosplay with Hikari Light and that must be remedied. <3 Wearing black will not be fun but at least the outfit has sleeves and the like. It could always be worse. *looks at reference images of Yzak's ZAFT uniform and of Jack Skellington* (^^);;

Yay~ I get a little brother in the same timeline ^^;; And I agree about the partner cosplay too~ <3 <3

Lady_Sodina
03-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Yay Naruto photoshoot!! Sounds like fun!! I'll bring my Temari costume for sure!! I like the idea of a picnic, that'd be so amusing!! *^^* Anyways, yeah, I'm totally in for doing this!! Sounds awesome!! Yay early planning too :) smart idea!

somethingcatchy
03-31-2005, 04:19 AM
Asuma will be there! Or maybe Yondaime if I get my lazy a-- started on it. This will be my first time to a photoshoot so my opinions not really important...taking over the zoo sounds awesome though XD

*le uber hug* Mekou-chan, congrats on combing three different languages into one action lol

TheWestWind
03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
I was gonna make a Sasuke costume for summer stuff... I might have it done by mid-June... But if it's done you can count me in as well.

minion-chan
03-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Konohamaru wants to immitate animals at the zoo... hmm.. I havent been to the zoo in years o_o... well either way, so long as I'm not in summer school and the shoot isnt too far away, I'll try my best to be there :P

Mekou
03-31-2005, 07:40 PM
(note, I edited the first post with this same info. ^_^)

Alright, it seems that almost everyone would love to have the photoshoot at the Toronto Zoo. If anyone has objections, please speak now. ^_^

Now we need to decide on a date.

June 11th? June 18th? June 25th? July16th? July 23rd?

Please pick which ones are good you you AND which one you would prefer.

Let's try to have a date chosen by the end of April. ^_^

Kawaii Kinomoto
03-31-2005, 07:54 PM

Alright, it seems that almost everyone would love to have the photoshoot at the Toronto Zoo. If anyone has objections, please speak now. ^_^

please dont have it on june 25th cuz it's my cuzins b-day that day so i wouldn't be able to come... my suggestion is july 23rd cuz that's the day that it's sasuke's b-day!! :bigtu: :love: LOL! and i'm gonna be sakura :p and from the looks of things so far there's gonna be 3 sasuke's!! :jjacks:

hikarilight
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM

Though the zoo would be fun and all, I would prefer High Park because it's pretty, has lots of space (so that we can frolic all we want) and the picnic idea is nice too ^^ The zoo can suit the picnic idea, but since it lacks shade and places to relax (not sure anymore, going on with grade 1 memory here)..

As for dates, they all seem good to me, all saturdays I see ^^ But somewhere late June/early July would work best for me because I have a feeling I'm going to be going on a family vacation early June...

Amy the Yu
03-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Zoo is fun, but hot and sweaty during summer due to lack of shade.

Mekou
03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Everyone's complaining about the lack of shade at the zoo. ><; That's not true! There's plenty of shade there! <__< And tons of places to sit and relax. o_O Ask Ochika too. ^^;

Well. Is High Park okay with everyone then? ><;

Lady_Sodina
03-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Late June or July works fine with me, and long as I find out where High Park is, I'm fine! *is easy going and doesn't care where it is*

Amy the Yu
03-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Everyone's complaining about the lack of shade at the zoo. ><; That's not true! There's plenty of shade there! <__< And tons of places to sit and relax. o_O Ask Ochika too. ^^;

Well. Is High Park okay with everyone then? ><;

I keep thinking the African area...that kills brain cells with heat. >_<

I'm gonna bring my Asian parasol thingie and tonnes of water. If i'm prepared for 90% humidity in 30+ degree in Philly, I can manage TO no problem. XD

I have no idea if I can get enough days off from work (gotta take 30 hrs of travel into account), but if I do, I plan to come. ^^

Um...not sure what people are doing with summer school and job and stuff, but what about weekdays? Is it really out of wack to suggest doing it on a weekday?

Also, having taken summer school before (OAC English), I would suggest that we do this at the end of July after people are done with that...and probably after the July cons end so that con staffers and summer schoolers aren't about to have nervous breakdowns preparing for the cons and dealing with homework loads. O.o;;

snowgren
04-02-2005, 12:10 PM
I like the idea of the Naruto photoshoot. I missed the first one, but this time I wanna go. So... I'm most likely going to wear my Yondaime again. Unless I bring other ninjas along. xD

I don't mind the zoo idea. Sounds great to me, but I just don't have the means to pay. T-T

I did a little research and found this other great place we can do the photoshoot. It's Edwards Gardens. It's very beautiful and I'm sure it'll be even more beautiful in summer. They have forestry, waterfall, bridges, a botanic garden indoors, etc. There's probably going to be people there doing wedding photos and other people. lol For more information and some pics of the place you can go to:
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/parks_gardens/edwardsgdns.htm
http://torontoparks.com/edgar.html
http://www.tedspix.com/landscapes/020707-001-edwardsgardenswaterfall.htm

As for dates. I'm free and bored all summer long.

TheWestWind
04-02-2005, 01:47 PM
July 23!!! It's the day before my B-day lol!! And I'm gonna cosplay as Sasuke as well! Seriously, my b-day is the 24. But yeah, July 23 sounds great for me.

Chibik3r0
04-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Personally, I'm somehwat against the zoo because I find it boring as hell and really don't find it that much fun at all... Plus I really don't think the zoo with 15+ rowdy ninjas screaming (obscenities) with young children around isn't going to go over well with some parents. I think the zoo would be cool if we wore costumes more recognizable to kids (like Yugioh, Inuyasha, Pokemon for example), but Naruto isn't exactly watched by many of them :P

I'd lean more towards High Park, the recently suggested Edwards Gardens, or any sort of public park that we can all agree on that could handle us and have nice scenery for photos mainly because it'd be free and a nice open area for running around and picnic goodness. I'd say avoid Kariya since we were there for the last photoshoot in October and a change of parks would be nice.

$0.02

Seed-chan
04-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I don't think we should go to Edwards Gardens, because I think you have to pay to have a photoshoot there or something (or at least that's what I heard...). You can't be running around "playing" there either, last time we got kicked out for throwing a frisbee around (they're afraid you're gonna damage their plants...)

I also don't quite wanna go to the zoo because I'd rather go somewhere free.... rather than pay $18 to get in (because I'll be really broke)

hikarilight
04-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't think we should go to Edwards Gardens, because I think you have to pay to have a photoshoot there or something (or at least that's what I heard...). You can't be running around "playing" there either, last time we got kicked out for throwing a frisbee around (they're afraid you're gonna damage their plants...)

I also don't quite wanna go to the zoo because I'd rather go somewhere free.... rather than pay $18 to get in (because I'll be really broke)

If that's the case, I don't want to go there either. I like High Park, it just seems so pretty considering the photos I've seen so far :3

That's one of the many reasons why I don't want to go to the zoo ^^;;

Chibik3r0
04-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Paying for a park? Bleh :P

High Park has got my vote unless someone can find another free location.

Danners
04-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Yup, Edward Gardens is a pay for shoot location. We shoot weddings there every so often and there's always a "warden" looking for permits. And since there'd be people running around in costume, it'd be hard to NOT get noticed.

High Park I suppose is ok. I've never done a shoot there before, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect. But from past experience I've learned you gotta make due with whatcha got.

Again, I'll keep looking for other possible locations. We still got lots of time to decide.

snowgren
04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh, I had no idea we'd have to get a photoshoot permit for Edwards. Then High Park sounds good to me.

Mekou
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Okay then. High Park it is! ^_^;

Personally, I'd LOVe to do it in June. ><; Like..June 18th or something. <_< Then have the rain date be the 25th. But I'm only one person. x_X We'll go for what the majority wants.

Sorry. lol I'm just a little impatient to wait since it was so fun last time. XD

Amy the Yu
04-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Edit:Ignore this. I was stupid and mixed up dates again. >_>

hikarilight
04-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Okay then. High Park it is! ^_^;

Personally, I'd LOVe to do it in June. ><; Like..June 18th or something. <_< Then have the rain date be the 25th. But I'm only one person. x_X We'll go for what the majority wants.

Sorry. lol I'm just a little impatient to wait since it was so fun last time. XD

The 18th kind of cuts it into high school exams... I know mine start on the 17th ==;; Oh well, the voting on the other thread will help you in deciding ^^

Elemental
04-03-2005, 11:00 PM
^^ Well, I'll come and take pictures, since I still haven't gotten to watching Naruto/cosplaying it yet.

And I like taking pictures. ^____^

Error
04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Hrm~

Depending on whether or not I finish my Shikamaru costume by that time (I *should!* be), I'll come too... in which case I'll try and have two of my friends come along with me since they're planning on doing Ino and Chouji. :3

somethingcatchy
04-04-2005, 09:41 PM
OOO, there will be a complete team 10 there then if I go as Asuma, which I think is more than likely as I'm a procrastinator ;P

Mekou
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
The location and date are now confirmed! =D Whee!!

Post who you'll be coming as and I'll create a master list on the first post. ^_^

hikarilight
05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
The location and date are now confirmed! =D Whee!!

Post who you'll be coming as and I'll create a master list on the first post. ^_^

Wee~ Location and date are set~ <3 <3

I'll be going as young Itachi ^^

Yami Rurouni
05-06-2005, 06:05 AM
count me in! i will be going as Akatsuki Itachi, i just hope its not gonna be +30 or something because wearing that coat in heat like that is NOT going to be fun

TheWestWind
05-06-2005, 09:19 AM
heh... I'm gonna go as Sasuke. Just normal Sasuke with the blue shirt and all! Now I just gotta make it, I have from AN till then to do it!

Seed-chan
05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Shall be coming as Anko~ Yay for female bravado! XD

snowgren
05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Count me in! I'll be going as Yondaime (4th Hokage) with lil' changes.
Anou... come close to June 25... could you also post directions to get to High Park and where in High Park? ^^;; I've never been in that area, so I don't wanna get lost.

Amy the Yu
05-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Is the meeting spot set yet? If not, I say the Bloor entrance since it's right outside the TTC station and impossible to miss since it's like the only major entrance/road thingie. >_>

Count me in! I'll be going as Yondaime (4th Hokage) with lil' changes.
Anou... come close to June 25... could you also post directions to get to High Park and where in High Park? ^^;; I've never been in that area, so I don't wanna get lost.It's ridiculously easy to get to via TTC. We (Seed-chan, Ochika, Mekou, Nyamiko and myself) just went today and it's literally right at the High Park subway stop along the Bloor line.

chaos_magician
05-08-2005, 05:49 AM
A Naruto photoshoot is awesome!!! Count me in!!! I'll have my Kimimaro costume done by then ....>_<

snowgren
05-08-2005, 07:25 AM
It's ridiculously easy to get to via TTC. We (Seed-chan, Ochika, Mekou, Nyamiko and myself) just went today and it's literally right at the High Park subway stop along the Bloor line.

I know where it is via transit. I use the subway everyday. I just thought we were meeting somewhere inside the park. ^^; But thanks for the info.

Seed-chan
05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Woah, Mek, I can't believe you put the current list of attending people in alphabetical order... so much work... o.o

I'll second the "Meet at Bloor entrance of the park". If you sit right there, there's no way people can miss you.

Random activity suggestions thought up yesterday:
- Naruto based ninja kite making contest! (Make your own Naruto based kite at home! Problem is... there isn't much wind at this park XD;; At least there wasn't yesterday when we failed to fly Amy's kites...)
- Naruto based food making contest! Bring food inspired by Naruto (mmm... shinobi cupcakes...)

I'm suggesting a potluck picnic style where everyone brings some sort of food. The park has "restaurant"s type of thing, but it's park meat and when we think park meat we think pigeons XD;;. The thing is, it's not fair when only a few people bring food...

...but then this thing's AFTER AN and we'll talk more after that (need to finish Anko for AN o.o;; )

hikarilight
05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll second the "Meet at Bloor entrance of the park". If you sit right there, there's no way people can miss you.

Where is that exactly... that sounds confusing... @_@ Why not just meet at High Park station or Bloor station? (If that's what you meant, oops... if not... yes.... *coughcough*)

Seed-chan
05-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Where is that exactly... that sounds confusing... @_@ Why not just meet at High Park station or Bloor station? (If that's what you meant, oops... if not... yes.... *coughcough*)
It's the entrance where you get off of High Park station, walk a bit, and then reach the park. High park isn't even close to Bloor station...

hikarilight
05-08-2005, 01:17 PM
It's the entrance where you get off of High Park station, walk a bit, and then reach the park. High park isn't even close to Bloor station...

Ooh... so that's what you meant XD I got confused because you wrote 'Bloor entrance'... *coughcough* In that case, it makes sense now *nods* At first I thought you meant meet at Bloor station and then transfer together ^^;;

Lady_Sodina
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Mekou-chan, you are amazing *points to the alphabetized list of people and organizing this whole thing*

I'm up for the Bloor street entrance as well, my nana lives in the Grenadier retirement home nearby, and my dad goes to visit her every weekend, so it's an easy drop off for me.

I like the ideas you've come up with, Seed-chan!! We should definately do the potluck. I agree though, we should probably leave the detailed planning til after AN, now that we have the time and place pretty much set. I'll try to think up any ideas in the meantime though... you know, between sewing costumes and the like ^^"

Mrs^Sesshoumaru
05-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone *waves* since the date is now confirmed I'll most likely be able to make it unless im dead.. or get run over or sumthing of that sort heh...>> anyways I'll be Cursed Seal Sasuke (lv 1)

Wing_Goddess
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone *waves* since the date is now confirmed I'll most likely be able to make it unless im dead.. or get run over or sumthing of that sort heh...>> anyways I'll be Cursed Seal Sasuke (lv 1)
you're going?? oohhhh, then i wanna go with you too ^_^ I'll be Temari!

chef_belegfea
05-11-2005, 07:16 PM
contimplating going...

maybe Kakashi will show up... unless he is too late...

Vanima Estel
05-11-2005, 07:59 PM
contimplating going...

maybe Kakashi will show up... unless he is too late...

Well if you are going sweetie, I'll try to go too. Maybe I can have my Sakura outfit done by then, with a little luck! :heart:

Mekou
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I've just edited the first post again. ^_^ Yeah, I said I'd do it after AN but I felt really bored...XD

Ochika
05-12-2005, 02:13 PM
im going for sure...i just dont know who do wear XD Temari, Ino or tsunade XD hmmm decisions decisions

Archy Jupiter
05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey, everyone! Well, I'm coming under duress from my friends. ¨_¨

j/k XD

I'm probably coming, but it all depends on whether I'm working that weekend, and right now, I don't have anything on my schedule, so it's a 70% yes. :D

As probably expected, I'll be coming as... STEALTH MODE MAITO GAI SENSEI, Version 2.0

Yes, my cosplay will be hip and modern! And, it'll be revolutionary! I'll be in the springtime of my life, and watching the exuberance of youth bursting through High Park will make the tears of my heart flow like a river of youthful bliss! :bigtu:

^_~

- Archy

Mekou
05-13-2005, 02:20 PM
>> Yes, my cosplay will be hip and modern! And, it'll be revolutionary! I'll be in the springtime of my life, and watching the exuberance of youth bursting through High Park will make the tears of my heart flow like a river of youthful bliss!

.....*twitch*

XD Glad you're coming! hm...we should find a Rock Lee for you. ;P

I'm still undecided as to who I'll wear...-.-;

Mrs^Sesshoumaru
05-14-2005, 08:12 PM
hmmm after seeing eppy 134 im thinking maybe i wanna be cursed seal lv2 sasuke... :lost: the only prob is i dont have red contacts :waaaah: oh well i think ill do it anyway lv2 it is! lol

Mekou
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
>> oh well i think ill do it anyway lv2 it is! lol

Coolies. =D I'll edit the list.

minion-chan
05-15-2005, 04:48 PM
My mother says I can go so long as its not on a date where were at the cottage so you can expect Konohamaru. If I can figure it out, I'll make the goggles and wear them...

Amy the Yu
05-15-2005, 05:06 PM
My mother says I can go so long as its not on a date where were at the cottage so you can expect Konohamaru. If I can figure it out, I'll make the goggles and wear them...Paint a pair of those giant swimming/snorkling goggles. DO IT!!! XD

minion-chan
05-15-2005, 08:27 PM
ZOMG! I just realised that after AN I can dye my hair a new colour! I'll dye it black so that konohamaru wont have dual coloured hair!

Mekou
05-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I updated the first post with a lost of MOST WANTED! =O

Since, at AN, we learned that missing characters make things less fun. =P

Narutards UNITE!

Ochika
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
ill probably be wearing My Temari outfit...even though theres already a few temari's >_>

Seed-chan
05-30-2005, 11:28 PM
UNITE! hahahahaha!!!

I'm still saying we need to do a in sync Narutard Saturday gangsta pose. The one at Narutard Sunday was good, but too impromptu and not synchronized.

Wing_Goddess
05-31-2005, 01:17 AM
ill probably be wearing My Temari outfit...even though theres already a few temari's >_>
yay! More Temari's. i *might* change my cosplay from being Temari into someone else from Naruto... that all depends if i make a new costume... i just dunno as to WHO i should be *ponders*

Note: were you Temari for AN05? you seem very familiar. *Cries* my fan died. Curse you rain. I needs to make a new one in time.

Chosuke
05-31-2005, 12:23 PM
June, Huh?
Well lets see if I can finish my next <b>Naruto</b> costume by then.
So count me in.

Ochika
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
i was the temari who helped you fold your dead fan back up XD lol. iv got so many other naruto outfits i could wear but i wana give some love to my new temari one XD

Chibik3r0
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Does anyone need a costume for the photoshoot? I now have an extra Kiba hoodie since I've recreated the costume if anyone wants me to bring it along for posing goodness... And even my old Akamaru which doesn't really look anything like Akamaru -_- You'll have to supply your own pants though. Any takers?

Mekou
05-31-2005, 11:25 PM
>> Does anyone need a costume for the photoshoot?

Which reminds me, I have an almost full Chouji set that I can lend someone for the shoot. =D The 'set' comes with the pale yellow undershirt with the kanji painted on it, green overshirt, the scarf, headband and wig.

The pants probably won't fit most people so you'll need to supply your own pants, bandages, shoes and other misc accessories. >.> Just PM me to post here if you're interested. ^_~

kels
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
.. i dont think my post showed up.. T_T

anyway.. *coughs..*

sexy no jutsu anbu kakashi? mahaha...

Ochika
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
ummm doesn anyone happen to have a sand village forehead protector i can borrow >_> oki is too poor currently to aquire one ^_^;;; * watches paper moths flutter out of her itachi wallet cause she's to poor for real moths >_>;;]

Kaido Kaoru
06-02-2005, 02:44 AM
ME ME!!! i'M GONNA GO AS CHOJI!!! *pouts* I hope I'm not stealing anyone else's idea for cosplay...oh well the more the merrier!!!

Ironic...I was planning on hosting a Naruto Photoshoot in High Park for July 16 er 17 funny how I stummbled upon this....

*tries to hold in lafter* I just pictured all us ninja's at the children's play area acting all steathly and crap...*brusts out in laffter* FUNNY....shoving kids aside to get on the swing next!!!

Er we could do a MASSIVE jump rop and everyone could jump *starts to pack jump rope* sounds like sooooo much fun!!!

Or ninja'ing up the zoo sounds equally hilliairious!!!

I can't wait!!! I'm soooooo excited now!!! I hope to see many ninja's!!!
love one and alll!!!!

~*~choji~*~

p.s~ luver.in.anime@gmail.com if anyone wants to talk before the event!

kels
06-03-2005, 05:15 PM
*looks at belly and walks away...*

hikarilight
06-03-2005, 05:32 PM
*looks at belly and walks away...*

*stares at signature* OMG!!! I see a lot of things I like~ <3 <3 You're pretty fast aren't you? *grumbles*

Seed-chan
06-03-2005, 05:32 PM
OKay! Since the photoshoot is getting soon, I say we plan out shtuff and shtuff!

IDEAS for games and shtuff (because I'm weird and I like games and stuff)
-NINJA BASED FOOD CONTEST! Bring your shinobi cupcakes and Tsunade-boob jello! I'll bring my Anko dango-styled beef balls! XD;;
-NINJA BASED KITE MAKING CONTEST! Um... make your Naruto based kite o' doom. Dunno how well they'll fly in the park though =\
- NARUTARD SATURDAY! Pimp out your costume but it has to be reversible (as in it's normal one minute and them pimped out the next XD)

We`re still missing a lot of the main characters of Naruto... like Naruto himself >_>;; If anyone has any friends who may want to come, drag them along! XD

Btw, does anyone have a portable CD player they can bring? With batteries we could have a tune belting out contest! (And we wanna play "Gyu-Ru-Ru" ^____^)

Yami Rurouni
06-04-2005, 07:06 AM
waa...i'm sorry to say my promised Akatsuki itachi costume will not be finshed for the 25th X(.

Originally posted by Seed-chan
Btw, does anyone have a portable CD player they can bring? With batteries we could have a tune belting out contest! (And we wanna play "Gyu-Ru-Ru" ^____^)
I have a CD playing walkman! it needs to be able to play mp3 cd's right? or just regular cd's?

Straywind
06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
It's really too bad we lack so many of the main characters. If no one comes forward for Haku, for the heck of it, I suppose I could re-wear my Haku costume.

In the meantime, I've kind of had a change of plans (from my original plans of Cosplaying Young Sasuke). Due to time, money and priority issues, Pan, possibly Amanda and I are thinking of making some Anbu costumes. (^_^) They shouldn't take very long to make for the photoshoot and it's a fun group project. (^^)

Yami Rurouni
06-04-2005, 04:46 PM
scratch everything i've said i've found out i can't go, sorry people!

kels
06-04-2005, 05:44 PM
*stares at signature* OMG!!! I see a lot of things I like~ <3 <3 You're pretty fast aren't you? *grumbles*

bottom ones are ones that i will be making.. ^_^;;..
im not THAT fast.. and the emblem for d.gray-man exorcist thing is just too pretty~!
T_T~~

hikarilight
06-04-2005, 06:14 PM
bottom ones are ones that i will be making.. ^_^;;..
im not THAT fast.. and the emblem for d.gray-man exorcist thing is just too pretty~!
T_T~~

I noticed that and that's why I said you're fast XD You ARE fast *nods*

kels
06-04-2005, 06:22 PM
LOL .. @_@;;;;;;

oh oh oh ! iono if people are going to think were insane or not..
and i dont know how messy it might become trying to do this..
but what if we did the watermelon bashing thing?

*puhahah...*

yes.. i do realize that were not going to the beach tho T_T
.. OMG.. naruto beach ending thingy!!..
ok yes im insane.. *goes back to eating watermelon~~*

Error
06-05-2005, 10:59 AM
There's a very good chance I won't be able to attend, my parents are going away that weekend and it'd be hard for me to be able to get my grandmother to drive me anywheres... and one of the people I would've taken with me is at camp, so the third person probably wouldn't be able to come either. Sorry~ I wish I could go!

TheWestWind
06-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey! I have a portable CD player I can bring! It can't play mp3 cds, but it can play burned music cds, at least I have yet to find a burned music cd that it can't play... It runs on batteries, but I don't know how long they last... I haven't used it on battery mode much, and I think I have extra batteries, so if you guys need it, I'll bring it! Just remind me, I forget stuff like that...

Seed-chan
06-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Kels - You provide the watermelon, we could have the watermelon bashing contest =P (Find a fruit that's large, juicy, and has nice curves!")

TheWestWind - Could you bring it? What kind of batteries does it take? I can get extras for cheap ^^ It only needs to play burned CDs, so it'll be fine.

majekili
06-05-2005, 10:15 PM
hmm. I must say I'm intregued (I live right downtown). Well, don't quote me, but I may be coming as Gaara (possibly with a Sasuke (possibly possibly with a Sakura, Dosu and/or Zabuza) It would be fun ^^

ETA---

Quote me on it. Sasuke and I will be there. Need to figure out what to bring, though....

TheWestWind
06-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh yeah, sure, I'll bring the CD player! It takes a lot of batteries, lol! It takes:
6 D batteries
4 AA batteries
Well at least I think that's quite a bit...

kels
06-06-2005, 12:16 PM
XD.. kels is getting a watermelon~~ lets just hope that i wont die trying to get there.. so.. damn.. heavy.. @_@;;
someone bring a baseball bat or something tho!
*mind you, a clean one please..* ^_^;;

you kno what makes me wonder tho, how do they manage to bash the watermelon without making the biggest mess in the world..
*doesnt want to end up picking up watermelon chunks off the grass*
humms...

Jo_Canadian
06-06-2005, 11:44 PM
well guys im sorry but i am going to have to back out of this one. i have a martial arts tournament that day. really sucks to cause i was weighing them out and if i place here i get sponsorship at the kombat arts tournament in manitoba later this year. anyway sorry to say i cant make it....but i wanna see a hell of a lot of pics

Mekou
06-07-2005, 12:44 AM
I edited the first post with the the current updated attendace list. =)

Also, this is the list of chracters that it would be nice to get taken. XD Bother your friends!!!!!!

- Shikamaru
- Ino
- Hinata
- Shino
- Gai-sensei
- Rock Lee
- Orochimaru
- Tsunade
- Kurenai
- Haku
- Zabusa
- Iruka
- Jiraiya

Chibik3r0
06-07-2005, 11:21 AM

Also, this is the list of chracters that it would be nice to get taken. XD Bother your friends!!!!!!

- Shikamaru
- Ino
- Hinata
- Shino
- Gai-sensei
- Rock Lee
- Orochimaru
- Tsunade
- Kurenai
- Haku
- Zabusa
- Iruka
- Jiraiya

I'll see if I can harass Shodan to come as Shino but he's been wanting to fix his costume before he wears it again. I'll pass the information off to him though.

kels
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
mms.. iono.. either i can actually go and do my sexy no jutsu anbu kakashi.. @_@;;
or since we already have a kakashi.. would it be better if i went as either tsunade or ino? *will need to mooch off from ochika~~*

humms..

Seed-chan
06-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll be dragging my friend with us as Haku... if she finishes her costume (*Spent all lunch today explaining to her how to make pants* XD)

Archy Jupiter
06-07-2005, 09:56 PM

- Shikamaru
- Ino
- Hinata
- Shino
- Gai-sensei
- Rock Lee
- Orochimaru
- Tsunade
- Kurenai
- Haku
- Zabusa
- Iruka
- Jiraiya

As I've said before, the hip and modern GAI shall be making a most dynamic appearance that will be totally revolutionary! You shall all behold the exuberance of his youth! :bigtu:

- G, err, Archy

Kawaii Akina
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I'll be coming ^^ I'll be cosplaying as Naruto so hopefully my costume will be done before then.

Mekou
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Updated! =)

Oh, and I just though I'd remind you all...remember to bring some food (it's is a picnic dealie), water and to put sunscreen on exposed areas!

And also, if anyone asks, we must say we are doing Ninja Training (Or at Ninja Day Camp XD)!

Scoti
06-07-2005, 11:46 PM
If I can go I'll bring Shikamaru (maybe the last time for him because I'm thinking of cutting my hair)

Lady_Sodina
06-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm going to look into bringing my friend who has an Ino costume as well, seeing as we are aparantly missing an Ino *^^* I made her costume too, so I'm slightly proud of myself when she wears it *^^*

jiyoon
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
um...um... are you guys in need of a Hinata?

> _< I think... I can go ^^ *pokes fingers*

Um... I will see what I can bring... perhaps I'll bring timbits?

I'd cook food.. but it'll be hard for me to bring...

Sorry > _<

But... I think I can go... unfortunately... my hair isn't in the Hinata cut anymore... > _<

Seed-chan
06-08-2005, 11:12 PM
The more the merrier! Hinata would complete the Kiba-Shino-Hinata team!

And timbits are awesome *drools* lol XD

Honestly for food, people can bring chips, drinks, cups, etc etc...

Maybe we should make a list o.o;;

EDIT; Oh, and I'm also trying to drag my other friend out as Naruto (*wants to do the blood licking scene?* XD) and... DAMNIT, I WANT AN OROCHIMARU. OKay, I'm done ^^;

Mekou
06-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Good idea. o.o

Everyone post what kind of feed they plan to bring, so we can find out if people have allergies or prefer certain things. ^_^

jiyoon
06-09-2005, 10:03 AM
ummmmm > _<

I think... I will bring timbits > _<...

kels
06-09-2005, 05:25 PM
*doesnt know if she wants to show belly or not~*
most likely... no. LOL
so i think kels' SnJ anbu kakashi has semi.. died..
and i will most likely be going as tsunade~

jiyoon
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
*doesnt know if she wants to show belly or not~*
most likely... no. LOL
so i think kels' SnJ anbu kakashi has semi.. died..
and i will most likely be going as tsunade~

T___________T It's ok it's ok.

Tsunade? Ano...Is that all that much better...? > _<

Lady_Sodina
06-09-2005, 07:51 PM
What needs to be brought? I'm decently flexible with what needs to be brought, so just tell me and I should be good with it ^^v

Seed-chan
06-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Lol, No one's really listed what they're gonna bring yet.

I'll be bringing beef/fish/squid balls (durde, I'm ANKO, they're a replacement for dango XD), plastic cups, and possibly a bag of chips, freezies (hopefully they'll be FROZEN this time, though we could always drink them like last time) and napkins. Now, someone just needs to bring the drinks for the cups. I can bring other stuff too. (Like MUFFINS! XD)

HidoshiNobunaga
06-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I'll be there as Jiraiya, count on it. I can bring a lunch basket with assorted goodies. Look forward to it. ^^

Might have to leave early to watch Jo_Canadian and Ryan (who isn't on Cosplay.com) at their tournament tho'.

Wing_Goddess
06-09-2005, 11:33 PM
*cries* i don't think i can go no more ;_; I have to work and i already recently took three days off for AN with the excuse "I have a tropical disease"... surprisingly they let me off, but i dunno if i can get the other day off again (since i'm the main weekend worker =__= ) :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Mekou
06-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Edited the first post again. =)

Anyone else getting excited about this? ^o^

jiyoon
06-10-2005, 09:56 AM
I am I am! *blush* *poeks fingers*... hehe ^^;

Kawaii Akina
06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I am for sure. Going to start working on my costume this weekend. Good thing about this, it's after my exam and that I'm done my exams on Thursday 23 ^^

Ochika
06-16-2005, 04:14 PM
well Oki-chan just ran into some problems -_- even though she booked the day off. left a note up beside the work schedual...she still got booked to work on that day -_- which she is REALLY pissed about...she had even told her manager it was for a picnic between friends who were going away for the summer then going to collage so it would be the last time i would see them >_>;; blah guess it wasnt sappy enough -_-. BLOODY HELL IM PISSED. im gona try talking to her on sat when i work....andother thing that pissed me off is i told her i still had school next week...and what does she do? book me for morning shifts -_-;; grrrr

TheWestWind
06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Yay! I can't wait to go! I bought most of the neccessary hair products so far - hair iron, hair straightening spray, super hair glue, hair gel, hair dye lol - everything a Sasuke cosplayer needs, lol! I still haven't started the actual costume yet! Not good, lol!

Anyway, since I'm bringing a CD player, are there any type of CDs I should bring/make? I heard that Naruto soundtracks would be popular.. I can burn a CD or two if we need them.

hikarilight
06-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Anyway, since I'm bringing a CD player, are there any type of CDs I should bring/make? I heard that Naruto soundtracks would be popular.. I can burn a CD or two if we need them.

If you want the OSTs, I have the first one?

TheWestWind
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Ok, that's cool! You can bring it if it's ok with you. I know I'm always super protective of my CDs, lol! I can burn the 3rd OST and possibly fit a few OPs and EDs in.

hikarilight
06-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Ok, that's cool! You can bring it if it's ok with you. I know I'm always super protective of my CDs, lol! I can burn the 3rd OST and possibly fit a few OPs and EDs in.

If I remember to bring it, it will be there ^^;;

Seed-chan
06-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Nyaa, Ochika, we're gonna miss you~! But hey, you get money for work? XD

More suggestions: We need people to bring blankets/stuff to sit on! And uh... more food would be nice since I feel like we're gonna starve o.o;;

I'll bring the blue mini tarp, and Anko's "background" (people can sit on it... after I get a pic with it XD)

Oh, and anyone who can burn a CD with the song "Gyu-Ru-Ru" on it will be loved. (Or I can do it... unless someone else wants to?)

Ochika
06-18-2005, 06:31 PM
GUESS WHATTT XD i talked to my manager today and she was like " oh...shit! i didnt know, ill come in on monday and change it for you" SO WOOT XD OKI CAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....woo tness

kels
06-18-2005, 07:15 PM
OMG YAAAAYYYY!!!!! !!!!!! *hugs ochika like a crazy person~~*

ahh guys.. i so cant wait for it.. one more week XD~~~

TheWestWind
06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I can bring "Gyu-ru-ru", I have it, lol! Plus, I be making a Naruto CD anyway.

Edgar Strife
06-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello

It turns out that I can make it for the 25th and I take it that the info on the first post is correct? Quick question, does anyone have alleriges toward cookies? Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to try to bring chocolate chip cookies from work and I wanted to see if its ok with everyone for the picnic. [Better be safe then sorry] Anyway, that's all I wanted to know and also, if there is anyway that I can help, just let me know.

TheWestWind
06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
OK! I made the CD! I have Naruto OST 3, plus I added Gyu-ru-ru, Go!!, Nakushita Kotoba, Naruto's Daily Life, and Naruto Main Theme to it.

jiyoon
06-19-2005, 11:20 AM
yatta~~~

Sorry I've been away... > _< Forgive me...

I have exams T_T

I will go buy timbits before I meet up with everyone...

^^

fox.boy
06-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I can bring sasuke if you need one

jiyoon
06-19-2005, 07:57 PM
I can bring sasuke if you need one

Um... I think there are a few sasukes, and one more wouldn't hurt! ^^

Kaido Kaoru
06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I think it would be a REALLY cool Idea...if in the ending "Ima Made Nando Mo"
ending how it shows the group standing in a line and pans from one side and then pans in from the other side...that would make a rally SWEET pic....

Oh! I'm bringing a CD with ALL the openings and closing songs! Love them ALL!!!

And I'm going to bring Chips : Regular...BBQ....and Salt and Vinger....

WHAT!? what else would Choji bring!!! Well...beef....but thats a lil' impossible to bring! ^_^;;;;

So excited!!! See you all there!!!!!!

~*~choji~*~

Chosuke
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Uhh..I doubt I'm going anymore since Scoti isn't going.
if she is, i will.

kels
06-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Uhh..I doubt I'm going anymore since Scoti isn't going.
if she is, i will.

nouuu.. you both need to come.. poke her to death for me.. we need a shika~ T_T

Scoti
06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
ugh I'm working. It's hard for me to get Saturday's off so I could only get the Saturday after off for the centre island thing >_< *will scream if it rains*

snowgren
06-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey all. I won't be able to make it for the photoshoot. My family has plans for a family party over at my sister's (Hamilton) and I can't back out. =______=;; Maybe next time? But I hope you guys have LOTS of fun!!! Remember to post pics after it's all done! ^____^

TheWestWind
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, ok... Nobody else better cancel or we're gonna lose all our cosplayers, lol! hmmm... I still needa buy film for my camera and develop my AN film...

Lady_Sodina
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Many apologies, family stuff came up recently and I WONT be able to attend anymore ^^" I look forward to seeing the pictures however!! May be for the best for me, however, seeing as my Temari fan wasn't going to be able to be remade in time -_-" Darn exams... I'm really sorry for having to cancel though >-<

jiyoon
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
T_T Hopefully there won't be anymore cancellations...

I'm still going... 100%~ ^^

kels
06-22-2005, 05:38 PM
ugh I'm working. It's hard for me to get Saturday's off so I could only get the Saturday after off for the centre island thing >_< *will scream if it rains*

lols.. then i guess you're lucky~~ since apparently its supposed to rain this sat.. T_T;;..

its ok!! well have.. a rainy photoshoot.. lol.. no one, wear white -__-;;

Chibik3r0
06-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Current forecast for Saturday according to the Weather Network: 29įC, variable cloudiness, 30% chance of rain. Let's hope this keeps up ^_^

Seed-chan
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
RAIN OR SUN NINJAS!

Aw man, people are dropping out? Boo... The good thing is, My Haku is confirmed as a yes (and if she doesn't come, I get to kill her because I actually used effort and completed her stupid pants...).

Hm... maybe I should work on my own ninja shoes....

TheWestWind
06-22-2005, 08:54 PM
It better not rain... My hair'll be ruined AND it'll be hard to bring a CD player...

I guess 29 is ok for temp... I was also hoping it wouldn't be super-hot..

Kawaii Akina
06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Yay! Finally got my material for my Naruto costume ^^'' So for the next two days I will be working on it very quickly with my friend thats for sure. But I'm still coming and I won't be backing out at the last minuet that's for sure.. 'cause I'm going with TheWestWind there ^^''

Ochika
06-22-2005, 09:36 PM
does anyone hav a sand headband??? ;~; i havent had a chance to buy one yet

Kaido Kaoru
06-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Ochika....

Try Anime Extreme....they have sand headbands...I think....they;re on Spinda in Chinatown....

Yes!!! and those god damn ninja shoes took my and my friend 5 hours to make and they're a little weird but they're gonna do the trick...funny thing is I dun think anyone will ever get PERFECT looking sandles unless their a cosplay genius.....*cries* 5 HOURS!!! We were sitting in the soccer feild at U of T making them as people walked by and stared a few guys asked if it was from Naruto..and we brust out laffing! Funny the people you'll meet!!! ^________________^

Well...rain or shine...are people still going? I wanna....though I agree with TheWestWind My hair will be ruined....T.T
~*~choji~*~

kels
06-23-2005, 02:09 AM
mm.. im going anyway~~ that is if ochika is going tho.. w/o her i wont be cosplaying.. thats why~~ <3<3.. lols

but ahh.. i say that if it should rain, then it should pour.. as long as our cameras dont die~~ if not we can always take shelter in a washroom.. take the shoot there.. LOL~~.. please dont consider that T_T;;

Mekou
06-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Another reminder to everyone: FOOD! Bring some! (and beverages. ). We are having our little picnic /first/ and then running around having a photoshoot after. Even if you bring just a bag of chip or something that's fine. ^_^

I plan to bring some Mushroom Risotto. =) (It's basically white rice with tiny pieces of chopped mushroom and mozzeralla cooked in chicken brother and a tiny bit of onion powder. Trust me, it's GOOD!) If anyone is highly against mushroom, I won't put them in. But it doesn't make any difference on how it tastes.

Um..yes woo! It's almost here. ^___^

Risk of thunder showers. O_<; Um...Let's hope that get better in the next two days. ^_^;;

In case it /does/ rain /badly/, anyone up for mall invasions? XD

Chibik3r0
06-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm up for "mall invasion" but I won't be wearing my Kiba costume running around Toronto if it's going to be as hot as they say it is. It'll be way too hot for me. I haven't decided what form of food/beverage I'm going to bring because most of what I know how to cook is is served hot or a pain in the ass to travel with. Maybe I'll bring a case of water or something simple >_>

Is anyone meeting up at Finch station on the way down? I was debating driving right to High Park but I think I'd rather just take the Subway and it would be nice to meet up with some people on the way down.

Kawaii Akina
06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, me and Steph (TheWestWind) are taking the subway from Finch Station though don't know what time yet.

Archy Jupiter
06-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Ay! Rain! Heat! GAH! Luckily, my costume won't be that bad. *stares at Gai-suit* Err... *falls over* XD Hopefully, it won't rain, or not badly. But, in case it does, I am all up for a mall invasion! Nothing better than ninjas takin' ovah da big T.O., yo! What we need, though... IS BRUCE WAYNE! XD

Anyway, this'll be a fun outing! I'm probably bringing chips since I can't really cook food for mass consumption. ^_^; Anyone have requests for flavours? Brands?

See you guys on Saturday! (^_~)b

- Maito "Archy" Gai

jiyoon
06-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm taking the subway from Finch station~~ Finally get to rewear my Hinata costume again~ Haven't worn it since CN2004! > O< Heheh it'll be super hot... T_T but that's ok~ > _< All for the love of cosplay! (it rhymes... teehee!... *blush*)

I'm still bringing my timbits. Ninja-style delivery? ^^;

How many should I buy? I think at least 60 would be adequate.

Edgar Strife
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Hello, quick question everyone?

What's everyone planing after the photoshoot? Also, I mention it before but I just want to make sure does anyone have alleriges toward cookies? Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to try to bring chocolate chip cookies from work and I wanted to see if its ok with everyone for the picnic. [Better be safe then sorry] I check the container and it says it may have some trace of nuts, but I don't think we would have to worry cause most of the cookies that were made don't use nuts since many people have alleriges toward them. Anyway I hope to see everyone on Sat.

jiyoon
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I like cookies > _< *blush*

TheWestWind
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, Kawaii Akina and I are taking the subway from Finch... I was thinking to be at the station at around 12pm since the gathering starts at 1pm, right? I'm not 100% on how long it takes to get to High Park or anything though... I gave it an hour to be sure...

But anyway, meeting up at the station is a good idea.

Ochika
06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
COOKIES ARE MY JOB >=O beetches BURNT COOKIES OF LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seed-chan
06-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Kawaii Akina and I are taking the subway from Finch... I was thinking to be at the station at around 12pm since the gathering starts at 1pm, right? I'm not 100% on how long it takes to get to High Park or anything though... I gave it an hour to be sure...
Hey, I'm meeting up with you remember? =P We said 12~

kels
06-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey, I'm meeting up with you remember? =P We said 12~

how about we get everyone to meet up at finch? wouldnt that be better? and we can scare ppl on the way.. haha

ok..
me hikarilight seed-chan are meeting at finch for sure at 12
apparently so is kawaiiakina and thewestwind.. also.. CHIBIKERO MUST COME WITH! lols.. i guess anyone whos going through finch should come too? iono.. i just want to say something tho.. if you guys are comming with.. please dont come late.. and unfortunately yes that applies to me too~ (sorry chris+steph about before ^_^;;;;;;;) ill be early! muha~~

*btw i want ochikas burnt cookies of loooveee!~~* LOL~

jiyoon
06-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Kelly-unnie~~ I will go to Finch at 12 too >o< I'll be... standing out somewhere in a corner... ._.;

kels
06-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Kelly-unnie~~ I will go to Finch at 12 too >o< I'll be... standing out somewhere in a corner... ._.;

LOL.. just... if you get there first call me, if not ill call you.. kay? and btw you make me feel so old.. T_T

TheWestWind
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
The CD player is still a good idea, right? I'm just making sure, I always have doubts the day before any event,lol!

So the CD list is:
All OPs and EDs - Kaido Kaoru
OST 1 - Hikarilight
OST 3 + Gyu-ru-ru - Me(TheWestWind)

Ummm... Doea anyone want OST 2? I can still make it if people want it? Or if someone wants to bring it in that'd be cool as well!
I also have a spare set of batteries! I dunno how long 1 fresh set lasts though... Probably 8-10 hours I'm guessing, but that's more than enough..

Mekou
06-24-2005, 05:07 PM
How's everyon feeling about the weather for tomorrow? So far the stats are:

- Sat Afternoon: 33c ("feels like 41c")
- Chance of thundershowers (pop 40%)
- 2-4mm of rain

The last thing I want is for people to have a miserable time due to the weather. x__x

If everyone is still up for it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember to bring water!!

And if the weather get's too unbearable and shade won't help, our plan is that we'll go invade somewhere that's indoors, most likely a mall or something free liek that, and just go have fun and scare normal people there. We'll discuss where we'd go tomorrow if people will wanna go for tomorrow.

I'd like to apoligize in advance that I didn't set up a rain date before so many other things popped up. .__. If it get's canceled now the best date would have to be the beginning of August. I'm just worried now that you guys won't have a good time becuase of the weather. ;__;

Well, we'll see what happens I guess...

TheWestWind
06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm still up for it! Guess we just hope it doesn't rain... And it does seem pretty hot out and humidity makes it even worse... But we can hope that there'll be some kinda breeze.

Ok, if the chances of rain tomorrow are high, I won't bring the CD player... It'd be hard to carry around... I probably won't bring it if everyone's gonna go on a mall invasion either...
Just make sure if a mall invasion is decided, post please! I don't wanna carry the heavy thing around all day, lol!

Chibik3r0
06-24-2005, 05:25 PM
K I'll be at Finch for noon then. Any particular location at Finch station or what?

Also, if it's going to be as hot as it was today for the photoshoot tomorrow, I'm probably not going to wear my Kiba hoodie. Ochika, Mekou, and I did a shoot at the beginning of June in the Rouge Valley and it wasn't nearly this hot and I cooked. I'll be bringing my hoodie along with me but we'll see how I feel about wearing it and going all out with the eyeliner, and face paint. Blar -_- I'll be around for mall-ratting later though.

Mekou
06-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that there will be NW20km/h wind. ^^;

Hmmm...WestWind, I'll PM you tomorrow morning to let you know if you should bring it or not. ^^ But I'm willing to carry if for you if you don't wanna be lugging it. ^_^

And since it seems that there's no place for us to store stuff, be prepared to be carrying anything you bring that can't be thrown away. <_<

Edgar Strife
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm still up for it and I hope the weather turns out great tommorrow. I hope to see everyone there.

TheWestWind
06-24-2005, 05:39 PM
*Doing Anti-rain chant* No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain...

Don't worry about me carrying it, Mekou, lol! I'll probably find some way to easily carry it, it's not unbearably heavy, but it's something that I don't wanna be needlessly bringing! Thanks for the offer, though!

I also hope it won't be too hot tomorrow... Maybe it'll rain early and be cool after; that'd be nice... It's hard to take pictures if everyone's dying of heat... It's also hard to enjoy the huge castle there!!! yay!

chef_belegfea
06-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I need to prove why I have my screen name... gotta do some big planning now!!!!!! I also need a head count so I know how much to make...

Kawaii Akina
06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Woot! I totally can't wait till tomorrow. I'm still working on my Naruto costume which is like 87% completed in 2 days ^^;;

Straywind
06-24-2005, 08:11 PM
*still working on costumes*

Considering the chance of rain tomorrow, what exactly is the backup plan?

HidoshiNobunaga
06-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, seems I can't go tomorrow anyway. Jiraiya's not entirely done. I still need my getas and the red overcoat needs hemming.

TheWestWind
06-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I think the backup plan was either another gathering some time in August or a mall invasion... Given the choice, I'd pick both! But those are the ideas that seem to be going around if it does rain...

Mrs^Sesshoumaru
06-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi sorry everyone but im gonna have to drop out last minute, my parents are being !@#$% and wont let me attend because I sorta crippled myself the last time i went to an anime event so they are all like "ur never going to another one of these gatherings!" yadda yadda yadda :waaaah: have fun everyone!

kels
06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
ok if ochika sees this >> you dont need to bring me pants/shoes bc ill just bring whatever.. but yes~

MEETING INSIDE FINCH STATION
>>[U]meeting up where you pay to get in (on either side depending on where youre comming from) between the two toll booth thingies..

btw.. ppl help kelly.. shell be bringing a cooler tomorrow~~~~ cant wait ><D

Kawaii Akina
06-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Woot! I just finally finished my Naruto costume after two days XD All I need to do now tomorrow before I go is get a hair cut and some more medical tape and I'm done! Yay! So can't wait tomorrow ^^;;

Kawaii Kinomoto
06-25-2005, 12:25 AM
hi everyone... hate to do this cuz everyone seems to be doing it but i'm gonna have to drop out last minute too cuz it's my cuzins 21st b-day and cant miss it... so hope everyone has lots of fun!! take TONS of pix i wanna see after!! :jjacks:

Straywind
06-25-2005, 04:15 AM
It's 4:15am. Guess who's pulling an all-nighter? By this, I mean, please don't cancel it tomorrow, even if it rains.

I'll give you... zombie cookies from beyond the GRAVE! Actually, no, but don't cancel it regardless or RAGE, so much unresolved RAGE!

...bed now. Coherency... maybe tomorrow...? ... today? Yessir, no sir, OK, hot dog hot dog!

...zzzz...

PS - This is Pan. Becky left herself logged in at my place. Yay!

Kaido Kaoru
06-25-2005, 05:06 AM
=_= (<--- tired eyes)

I agree PLEASE no canceling...I JUST finished my Choji shirt....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWN

Once again I'm bringing Chips and also the Cd with Openings and Endings!!!

Also to TheWestWind....I'll help you carry it as well....the cd player I mean...^______________^;;;;;

And I want The Burnt cookies of love AND the zombie cookies from beyond the grave...them both sound yummy.....but who am I kidding I'm Choji of course they sound yummi!

I also spent 3 hours finding those cheap gumballs that are green, yellow, and red....I though it would be a cool added touch to my costume! I plan on eating them with GREAT victory.... :p

Well....I'll be happy with WHATEVER we do......

Also will someone help draw those circle things on my cheeks?! I doubt I'll be able to do tham prefect...

Also....Mekou-chan I dunno if you got my PM but you dun have ta bring the wig...I'll just be doing my own hair....but I WILL really need the scraf....dear god my spelling is going as well....time to hot the sack!!!!

Well I how to see you all tomorrow!!!!

Nitey Nite....
~*~cho~*~

Jo_Canadian
06-25-2005, 06:25 AM
alright guys considering my last minute cancelation of the tournament i am going to attend this event...i will wear my kankuro costume....i dun have the puppet nor the time to make one either so no worries about that. i will see you all there...i dunno what i will bring for food but i will find something on the way i guess. love and peace

Mekou
06-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Haha. ^^; Silly Pan. XP

No worries everyone, it's still on!! ^o^ It looks like it'll rain. <_< Maybe people should pack umbrellas and/or raincoats if they can. ^^; Just in case.

majekili
06-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh fudge. This is so last minute everyone will hate me, but I don't think I'll be able to come today. It's my grandfather's birthday (yup, pretty good excuse, huh?), and somehow I'd managed to get the days mixed up (being dislexic and silly and all :P). I'm so disappointed. I was really excited about going *pout* Sorry, everybody. I hope you have fun.

minion-chan
06-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Holy fuck I am so fucking sorry! I didnt go home on friday night and if i went home i was scared shitless of my parents so me and some friend ended up sleeping in a kids playground at some school and i didnt want to go home to get my costume because i wouldnt be allowed out again so i went to high park and it was so fucking hot that we left and I feel like shit because I wanted to stay and me friends wouldnt let me stay and i think i ended up screaming very loudly at chibikero and oh dear sweet jesus i fucked up royally.

Lady_Sodina
06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
So how did it go you guys? Get plenty of pictures?

Kawaii Akina
06-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Haha .. It was awesome! Espeically for my first time photoshoot and in my very first costume of Naruto .. So many pictures I got taken of me and also my feet hurt still ^^;; I can't wait to see the pictures go up ^^

Archy Jupiter
06-25-2005, 11:30 PM
The photoshoot was totally hip! We took many "modern" photographs! I would have to say that our time at High Park was totally revolutionary! It brought me back to the days of my springtime of youth! Oh, the exuberance in all the young, beautiful people there! It made tears stream from the eyes of yours truly, Konoha's Noble Blue Beast! But, I wish Lee was there. Neji was great, but it just was not the same without Lee. Lee! LEE! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*water explodes*

Anyway, I, Maito Gai, took many photos that you shall all be able to enjoy sooner or later. And, I even got to face off against my rival Kakashi! WAHAA!

Now, I shall be off to transfer my photos to my trusty computer in my humble abode! I bid you all a temporary farewell! *nice guy pose*

- Maito Gai
Archy

TheWestWind
06-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I gotta develop my pics still... damn... Oh well, hopefully I'll develop them quicky... My AN ones still aren't developed, lol! I need a digital camera!

Anyway, about the photoshoot... I thought there was an interesting amount of yaoi... It's hard not to giggle, damn it! I'm supposed to be Sasuke, buit keeping a straight face during 75% of the pics was soooo hard!

But overall, this was a great photoshoot! Climbing trees is NOT fun, lol! And I am sooo muddy right now.... A lot of my pics involved the ground.... Or at least I thought a lot did...

Kawaii Akina
06-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Haha .. Espically the Naruto and Sasuke when you and me did that pose .. I was totally laughing too much ^^;; It was just too hard for me not to laugh lol .. I can't wait to see peoples pictures .. If anyone has a picture of me (naruto) and gaara that was underneath the bridge .. can you send to me please? I really want to see that one. And as well the one where Kakashi was doing the 1000 damage thing not to sure what's it called ^^;; That as well please .. email is anime.goddess@gmail.com I think some people are going to add me tonigt though or tomorrow whenever they have the time ^^;; But I really want to see some gaara and naruto ^^;;

Straywind
06-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I have my photos up here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisyaoran_thecardcaptor/album?.dir=/ac0d

If you want to use them, please credit my site:

http://cosplay.out-break.net

Most of the pictures are of the ANBU because the ANBU trio (me included) kept running off to look at scenery and take pictures. I was away from the craziness that went on with everyone else (and I heard the larger group managed to make "interesting" poses using blankets and thoughts of incest). (^^);;

Today was a lot of fun and I had a great time scaring the normals (and being scared by some weird old man. He watched Pan, Sakura and me for a few minutes as we posed for photos before asking to take a picture with us and then he stared at us some more). *shudders*

Other than that, today was a blast! I loved seeing all the Naruto costumes! Everyone looked great and I'm happy my pictures of everyone that I could get nice posed photos of turned out well. (^^) I can't wait for the Cosplay picnic next weekend.

(Oh and this is Rebecca posting. I'm not sure when Pan will highjack my account again but I'm sure that won't be the last time we hear from her through my login). *makes mental note to log off next time I go to Pan's house*

Straywind
06-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Anyway, about the photoshoot... I thought there was an interesting amount of yaoi... It's hard not to giggle, damn it! I'm supposed to be Sasuke, buit keeping a straight face during 75% of the pics was soooo hard!

I had to delete one of my photos of you because you were smiling. :P (So un-Sasuke like). lol I loved how well your hair turned out! I know it took a lot of hairspray and gel to get it to stay, but your hair worked wonderfully for Sasuke. *is jealous* You looked great. (^_^)

TheWestWind
06-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Great pictures! You managed to miss the blanket scene, lol! Hmmm.... I'm not gonna explain it, but you'll see from the pics that it got a little out of hand... I hope someone has a bunch of pics from the blanket scene so it can illustrate the flow of events leading up the there being like 9 people in the picture near the end...

TheWestWind
06-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I had to delete one of my photos of you because you were smiling. :P (So un-Sasuke like). lol I loved how well your hair turned out! I know it took a lot of hairspray and gel to get it to stay, but your hair worked wonderfully for Sasuke. *is jealous* You looked great. (^_^)

Heheh.. Thanks, lol! I had help. So many people brought super hard gel! Thanks for the help from Ochika, Jo_Canadian, and Kristen(Sorry, I dont know/remember your cosplay.com name)! Yeah.. I had like 6 different hair products in my hair at the time counting what I had put in before the help, lol!

Jo_Canadian
06-26-2005, 02:52 AM
man had a good time today...even though im dead tired and its almost 3 in the morning. i wish this thing worked well enough that i could use my digital camera and upload pics....i mean i still have friggan cosplay bowling pics that need to be loaded up and that was before valentines day.

Uzumaki83
06-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Hey, even though this is my first post here, I went to the photoshoot at least! This is your favourite Jun here and will be hitting the sack very very soon. I know it's incredibly late, but I couldn't go until I've completely uploaded the photos. Here they are: http://photobucket.com/albums/v449/Uzumaki83/Naruto%20Photoshoot%20in%20High%20Park/

Although I didn't cosplay (thank God! It was so hot out there), I made it to the gathering respectively. I'll try my best to have something to wear next week. Cheers ppl, was great chillin with you guys ;)

Later

Skulduggery
06-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Pan's photos are up~! http://www.lelola.net/misc/photoshoots/naruto2005/index.shtml

LoneWanderer
06-26-2005, 04:43 AM
wee!~ hiya people finally got an account at cosplay.com lol
Hmmm first post on cosplay.com, hmmm what to say...
umm... I guess
today was a blast today^^ o and
*pokes to kadsuki*

sigh I really gotta get my own digicam instead of leeching off others
and cya all next week at the pinic?

Scoti
06-26-2005, 09:18 AM
glad you guys had fun! *kicks work* Pics turned out great too, High Park is always a good place for pics

Did you crash any wedding photos again? XP

Kawaii Akina
06-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Awesome photos ^^ That was definatly fun yesterday though once I woke up my arms are hurting at the moment ^^;;

Kawaii Akina
06-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Just quick question. You know the guy from the YTV, will he be putting the pictures up here for us to see as well?

Vanya Arwen
06-26-2005, 11:09 AM

Mekou
06-26-2005, 11:27 AM
>> Did you crash any wedding photos again? XP

We /almost/ did. XD But it went away and we didn't notice any more. =(

Ahhh yesterday was so much fun! ^_^ Though hot. Heh.

I'd liek to thank everyone who turned out! *hugs* You guys really made me happy to organize this. ^____^ And we owe a small thank you to Mother Nature for not raining on us. <__<; Though...maybe it would have been a good thing? XD

Thank you, again!! ^____^

I'm thinking of having another Narutoshoot around the same time we had it last year (lete September/Early October) Since the weather is a LOT more bearable. XD But we'll wait to decide that. ^^

chef_belegfea
06-26-2005, 11:29 AM
funnnnnnn.....

melting......

I got home about midnight and pritty much collapsed and just woke up a little while ago... yesterday was fun!!! drawing was fun!!! Melting was not fun!!!

still I can't wait till next time!!!

Straywind
06-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Did you crash any wedding photos again? XP

Come to think of it, I never came across any weddings. I don't know if anyone else in the group did. Darn. Ninja make great additions to weddings! (^_^)

TheWestWind
06-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I think I managed to get most of the gel out of my hair... Anyway, as soon as I have the fundage, I'm gonna 1-hour develop my film! It comes on CD, so I can easily upload it that way!

Really cool pics of everyone so far! High Park is great fro photoshoots! Though we didn't see the castle! Not many people knew what I was talking about when I said it... Don't you guys know about the huge wooden castle in the kid's area? Ninjas and castles usually don't mix, but I think we coulda got some good shots there! There were amazing shots taken in the forest and river area anyway, so it's all good!

But I have to see how the bed scene turned out! I couldn't see anything, most people were behind me and I had to keep my eyes closed cause I was supposed to be sleeping!!! I'm sure it was funny though...

Seed-chan
06-26-2005, 01:28 PM
I had fun as well! ^^ I woke up (and more or less went to sleep) with my arms and legs in pain (legs because of walking in stupid boots... I really should make ninja shoes; and arms because of carrying kels' stupid cooler *waves fist at cooler*) but eh, you gain some you lose some heh.

Yay pictures~ Do you guys mind if we upload them to our own galleries? (Of course with credit)

kels
06-26-2005, 02:18 PM
ahahaha.. oh god.. nxt time, kels should do a cosplay with less ... cleavage..

Vanya Arwen
06-26-2005, 02:42 PM

LoneWanderer
06-26-2005, 06:40 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hmm ya we need more photoshoots lol
got home at 12-1ish in DA NARUTO CAR weeeee!~
anyhow I it turned out great the photoshoot was
almost like a mini cosplay pinic

can't wait for next week's huge one^^

Mekou
06-26-2005, 06:57 PM
I can't believe I forgot this. >_<

Thank you WestWind for bringing the CD player! ^_^ Even though we didn't use it as much as I hoped, it was still fun when we did listen to it. XD Fun Times!

TheWestWind
06-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Really? Don't worry about it, lol! I woulda felt bad if I brought nothing 'cause my job starts in about two weeks, so I didn't have the funds to buy stuff for people yet. Plus, it was worth it even if we used it a bit!

By the way, whoever left their Naruto burned CD with all the OPs and EDs, if you want it back, just say so! It's still safe, lol!

Chibik3r0
06-26-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.dragonworldz.net/highpark.html

103 Photos. Any photos are fair game for personal use as long as you credit me, "Chibik3r0", please ^_^

Sorry I didn't Kiba-up yesterday. I didn't feel like cooking inside the heavy hoodie. If we end up doing another photoshoot in the fall when it's more comfortable to wear, I'll be there in costume.

Thanks for everyone who came out! It was a blast ^_^

Kawaii Akina
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for taking the photos Chibik3r0 espeically the ones between Sasuke and Naruto (me) lol ^^;; And same with everyone else .. I can't wait till Sasuke gets her photos developed lol ^^;;

Kaido Kaoru
06-27-2005, 01:25 AM
MY SWIRLS BURNT TEMSELVES ONTO MY CHEEKS!!!!! >.<

thankyou EVERYONE for such a WONDERFUL time....

I'd like to REALLY thank Mekou-chan for hosting the photoshoot!
Chris#1 for wrapping my arms SEVERAL times!!! ^____^;;;;;
Pan-chan for making them actually stay for the WHOLE day...
Gai-Sensi for helping me climb over the bars! MY HERO!!
Tsunade and Hinata for helping jump DOWn from the railing!!!

And everyone else I met along the way~!
I had soooooooooooo much fun! I will never ever second guess a photo shoot...I also didn't come becuz I would have been alone! T.T oh and the fun I would have missed!!!

I will start my new naruto costume....I plan on being either Shikimaru (oh I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOO), Choji (since I enjoyed it so much...who knew being him for a day would be so much fun!!! ^_^) or Iruka.....*sighs* if theres a Kakashi I can see the yaoi pics in my head already!!!! ^_^
So please let's have another!!!

Also I didn't get a few ppl's emails....Now I didn't get the guys email that has the Naruto Liscence plate....whoever has his email send it to me....also does anybody know that guys email..he was VERY tall dark brown...he was wearing a hawaii shirt and a white shirt underneath...he was just a picture taker...I need his as well....*pouts* he didn't sign mine....

Also, SASUKE-KUN AND NARUTO-KUN (Sephanie and Mandy) we need to hang out....getting to know you guys was amesome!!!

But I loved meeting everyone...and this day will hold a great space in my heart....love you all!!!!

Choji

P.S~ I woke up as well with my body dying in pain....

Chellie
06-27-2005, 04:10 AM

And while you thank him, I'd like to smack him next time I see him. Thanks to him lifting me over his head, my abs hurt like hell all day today =D
(Yes, I got an account just to say that.)

...But I did have fun! even if I wasn't cosplaying! Now, to get my own pictures developed..

Jo_Canadian
06-27-2005, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Chellie]And while you thank him, I'd like to smack him next time I see him. Thanks to him lifting me over his head, my abs hurt like hell all day today =D

oh common tell me you didnt enjoy the veiw from 8 feet in the air...tallest youve ever been

LoneWanderer
06-27-2005, 08:10 AM
lol
[QUOTE= Kaido Kaoru]Also I didn't get a few ppl's emails....Now I didn't get the guys email that has the Naruto Liscence plate....whoever has his email send it to me....also does anybody know that guys email..he was VERY tall dark brown...he was wearing a hawaii shirt and a white shirt underneath...he was just a picture taker...I need his as well....*pouts* he didn't sign mine....

naruto plate dude is Jun/Uzumaki83 i think

jiyoon
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Hinata is here > _<..

Um.. I had a really good time! Although I was melting a lot T_T... *pokes fingers rapidly* But I'm ok now ^^.

My mommy and daddy took me to the pride parade yesterday. I nearly cried when a stuffed bear landed on me. Cos it had a... a... a... (the "p" word... I really can't type it here... but I'm sure ochika-san can fill it in for me? She was saying it a lot yesterday... ^^; ) attached to it!!!! T_______________________T

Anyway... Thank you everyone for the pleasure of your company ^^ I will remember this day for a long time ^^ Hopefully I will manage to finish uploading all my photos to photobucket soon... > _<

Oh... chibik3ro... I think I will upload a few of your pics to my cosplay.com gallery.. I will make sure to credit you... is that ok? I need some photos of Hinata's gennin costume with her anbu costume up in the gallery... > _<;

Ack.. I have to go for now~~ Bye bye > _<

Oh... if anyone wants my email... (do I dare put it down here?... Nah...) please PM me... or... you can ask someone who has it already? ^^;

Byebye... hopefully my marks will be good enough that I can go to the Centre Island photoshoot... is it going to be another Naruto shoot? Or just... any cosplay?

Archy Jupiter
06-27-2005, 11:28 AM
DYNAMIC ENTRY!

Chouji, you are most welcome! Konoha's Beautiful Blue Beast is always at the service of those in need! Now, continue to enjoy your chips and give Asuma my greetings!

Hinata (Jiyoon), it was very nice meeting you! I see Kurenai has taught you well! The hip Centre Island picnic you speak of will be a general cosplay picnic. But, should you wish to wear your Konoha uniform, that would still be very modern of you! Remember: You must pursue revolutionary attitudes!

And, speaking of the picnic, it reminds me so much of my springtime of youth! Oh, Lee! I wish you were here right now! Lee! LEE! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*water explosion*

- Maito Gai

kels
06-27-2005, 01:05 PM
wuah.. it was fun.. tired tho~ so tired that it took me.. 2 days to reply? LOL~~ its all good.. yaayyy see you all soon~

CrimsonZero
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I know this probably doesn't matter but I was one of the Ebisu's, the lone one that had duct tape on his chest....

Uzumaki83
06-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I'd like to REALLY thank Mekou-chan for hosting the photoshoot!
Pan-chan for making them actually stay for the WHOLE day...
Gai-Sensi for helping me climb over the bars! MY HERO!!
Tsunade and Hinata for helping jump DOWn from the railing!!!

Also I didn't get a few ppl's emails....Now I didn't get the guys email that has the Naruto Liscence plate....whoever has his email send it to me....also does anybody know that guys email..he was VERY tall dark brown...he was wearing a hawaii shirt and a white shirt underneath...he was just a picture taker...I need his as well....*pouts* he didn't sign mine....

*cough**nudge, nudge* Who gave one of MY hunky sketches @ JA's? Eh? eh? Just kidding lol
I'm the 1 and only in Ontario with NARUTO license plates, incase you're wondering (LoneWanderer's right).
And yes I've checked on the system database, ALL NARUTO/BLEACH RELATED NAMES ARE AVAILABLE AND UP TO 8 LETTERS MAX; NO FURTHER AND COST A WHOOPING $239.35 TO ORDER. IT WILL TAKE ROUGHLY 6~8 WEEKS TO ARRIVE IN YOUR MAILBOX. Ladies (or men) out there who want ITACHI plates, "he's" not taken yet.
If you want my email, PM me.
The other brown dude that was with me was Bubba T.

lil_pudding_dog
06-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Well, I got an account when I came home from the picnic! ^^;;

I finally uploaded the pics on my photobucket account. Hope it's not too late!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v646/lil_pudding_dog/Naruto%20Photoshoot%20-%20June%2025th%2005%20-%20High%20Park/

Your guys were all so nice there and there was lots of laughter. I had so much fun that day! Thanks for everything! (Especially when I was stuck to get in the subway train...xD)

Chellie
06-28-2005, 04:15 AM
oh common tell me you didnt enjoy the veiw from 8 feet in the air...tallest youve ever been

My abs are STILL hurting today, and it ruined my tennis practice.. *smacks you with fish* bastard! I'm going to hit you next time I see you.

jiyoon
06-28-2005, 12:48 PM
^^:.... um... I don't know if this is a good place to post this... but...

*pokes fingers rapidly*

ImightnotbeabletogotoCentreIslandbecausemymarksare horribleandIlostmyscholarship.

T.T *heukheuk*

Uzumaki83
06-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Nooooooooo! U serious? Hope you still can come down still... one way or another. And for that last part, I really don't know what to say. That's gotta hurt real bad.... >:(

TheWestWind
06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey guys! I made a music video with the pics Teresa took(don't worry she said it was ok!)
I dunno if it's super good or anything, but I just put memorable photos and stuff in it! I tried to include everyone, lol! I know, school's out and I have nothing to do...

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=241FJADITFYGN1Z874J91I92FC

edit: It's only gonna be up for another week, so if you want to see it don't wait, lol!
edit #2: sorry, I'm a spelling freak...

Jo_Canadian
06-29-2005, 05:18 AM
im sorry....but that was bad ass and chellie....bring it on

Straywind
06-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey guys! I made a music video with the pics Teresa took(don't worry she said it was ok!)
I dunno if it's super good or anything, but I just put memorable photos and stuff in it! I tried to include everyone, lol! I know, school's out and I have nothing to do...

That's quite an interesting video. I've never seen one for a Cosplay gathering before and I think it turned out quite well. It was nice of you, The West Wind, to make one for everyone. (^_^)b

jiyoon
06-29-2005, 10:41 AM
wow >w< thank you for the video... it's very nice ^^

I still think I can go... I think my parents have accepted that I will NEVER be a super smart student - _-; (they blame it all on the manga -0-;)

Archy Jupiter
06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
OMG! That was so hip of you, West Wind! That music video was "modern" and really brings out the essence of what it means to be young! I cannot express the strength of my emotions without erupting in a volcanic bliss! Your work has touched the greatest crevices of my heart! :bigtu:

- Gai

TheWestWind
06-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Heh... Thanks... Maybe I'll make one for Centre Island... Though it'll probably be a lot longer considering all the cosplayers... and harder 'cause I wanna improve on the timing...

Kaido Kaoru
06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Heh... Thanks... Maybe I'll make one for Centre Island... Though it'll probably be a lot longer considering all the cosplayers... and harder 'cause I wanna improve on the timing...

SASUKE-KUN!!!!
THAT WAS AMAZING...LY FUNNY!!!! I loved it.....you captured alot of GREAT moments....and coveraged everyone that was there....

even the beat did match! AWWWWWWW your so cute!!! great job *puts it into save files forever*

~*~choji~*~

jiyoon
06-30-2005, 08:54 AM
T_T I can't watch the video... my computer doesn't love me T_T

lil_pudding_dog
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
That's a really really neat idea to make the video! Thanks for sharing it, TheWestWind! ^^

By the way, which program did you use to make it?

TheWestWind
06-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I used Windows Movie Maker, lol! It's the only video editing program I have, lol! And it kept freezing on my comp too, though I dunno why...

I also had to put up with my bro and two of his friends sitting in the same room playing Timesplitters 2... Dissing my song choice the whole time, lol! But it was fun!

Uzumaki83
07-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Hahaha! Thanks Teresa & WestWind! Wow what a great video! Especially the opening pic (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) You must recharge camera & save space for tomorrow's event eh? I'll be going tomorrow, but I'll be there late b/c of work.
You'll all recognize me wearing orange goggles. I can't say my character otherwise the anime-only-watchers will get spoiled.
I'm a Naruto character though!

jiyoon
07-01-2005, 07:55 PM
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKkk

glue gun not working T_T...

I'm wearing my Dynasty Warriors costume XD... it's going to be another hot costume... and I will melt again... but I'll bring a change of clothes ~_~

scarlet
07-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Hahaha! Thanks Teresa & WestWind! Wow what a great video! Especially the opening pic (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) You must recharge camera & save space for tomorrow's event eh? I'll be going tomorrow, but I'll be there late b/c of work.
You'll all recognize me wearing orange goggles. I can't say my character otherwise the anime-only-watchers will get spoiled.
I'm a Naruto character though!

OHHHHH!! I think i know! heehehehe...
actually, I am sad because i am going to miss the event T_T i miss cosplay
T_T

jiyoon
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
^^; It's ok Scarlet-neesan~~~ Hope you're having fun in HK! > O< Japan in 3 days for me!!! *packs bags*