PDA

View Full Version : I need help deciding if I should do this costume

JoeBoeing
01-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Greetings all,

I have this thing against DBZ in that I loath it with a lot of hatred... but I want to cos-play a character from it.

I hate all the characters but the Great Saiya Man and Videl but I loath Gohan but... er, how should I say this? I want to cos-play the Great Saiya Man!

Gohan as the Great Saiya Man is just so cool but when Gohan is Gohan I can't stand him.

I wouldn't do the costume til I lost about 50 - 70 pounds but I want to know what you guys think of this predicament.

Should I or Shouldn't I?

From,
Joe

Troppy
01-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Well I don't really have a stance...I really think it's your choice. Think about it. You supposedly "loathe" the series...so...is losing ALL that weight and spending ALL that money and using ALL that time worth it for a character from a series you loathe? o_0

or...maybe you like it more than you think. In that case, it would be a good idea. Compared to the other characters in the series, he is pretty funny..and the photo ops are just...endless...but...yeah. THINK about it. THIIIINK.

JoeBoeing
01-07-2003, 10:53 PM
That's the thing Gohan is boring but is kinda funny... but I can't help but laugh when I think about the great Saiya Man's antics.

When I lose weight I can use my old Karate gi shirt and dye that green and the whole costume is a piece of cake... but I hate DBZ as a whole.

Thanks for the post and I know it's up to me but I can't make up my mind.

FRom,
Joe

Troppy
01-07-2003, 11:06 PM
well if you're willing to use time and effort to lose the weight you want and the like for the sake of a character, than I say go for it...I mean...if you have the shirt already, it can't be THAT much money for the rest, can it?

Hehe, be sure to take pics for me then... XD

JoeBoeing
01-07-2003, 11:15 PM
If I can get down to about 260 pounds (I weigh 335 now) I can put the costume together for about under 50 bucks. I can learn to make the gloves and I have a pattern for the boots. The Black unitard can be had for cheap and the glasses are a super cheap as is the bandanna/cloth on his head. The last two can be had for under 5 bucks.

I just think that the Great SaiyaMan is cool and I like his personality. Gohan when not as that persona is a twit.

I'd love to find a Videl to cos-play with if I do this.

FRom,
Joe

Hikaru
01-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Videl has a costume too she wears as the Great Saiya Man's sidekick! Well, I say make the costume! I mean, it's not expensive and it's good to lose weight and easier with a reason!

JoeBoeing
01-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Yeah! that's right... now I jus have to lose weight and find the gal of my dreams to be my Videl.

I think the name Videl is just sooooooooo cool! If I have a daughter I was thinking about giving her the middle name of Videl. Right now I'm leaning towards either:

Jessica Marie Boeing
or
Jessica Videl Boeing

I think Marie sounds better.

FRom,
Joe