PDA

View Full Version : FMA Military Maching Band Group

Kagome9
03-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Is anyone going to Dragon*Con as a character from Full Metal Alchemist? There's a FMA Marching Band Thread here (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=44741) but I just made this to see who would want to do it at D*Con. YOu don't really have to play an instrument but if you do say so, we can start making a list. If you think you can make it just, if you want, post who you're going as and what you'd want to do in the parade for some ideas. Check out the link for more info, hoepfully we can get a group together, it'd be fun, ne?

Hikaruchan
03-29-2005, 09:40 PM
I am still working on my outfit (glare) - since not done yet could make it either Maria or Roy. I used to be in marching band - haven't played an instrument in years so would have to try relearning saxophone if we actually tried to play something.

Kagome9
04-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Come on people! There's got to be more FMA cosplayers going to Dragon*Con! You don't even have to know how to play an instrument, though it would be cooler that way. In the thread I posted up there^^^ people were sugesting color guard members(maybe we could make a big green military flag!) and just random marchers to join in. So post! We want YOU for the Military Marching Band!!

Yummi Sushi
04-13-2005, 11:42 PM
I was in color guard for about 4 years (high school and junior college). But I currently don't have any FMA costumes. T_T I would love to do an Edward since I am blonde and short. xD

However, I do not have my own flag, plus it's been a couple years since I did CG. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do again (espcially since there's not a whole lot of technical things you can do in parades anyways...some CG's just stay at right shoulder the whole time =/)

But it sounds like a lot of fun. I guess I will look into it. If not this year, maybe next. (first-time D*C-er this year).

evenstar1
04-14-2005, 12:08 AM
hey i play the flute and i have an edward costume
i hope to make it for that sat. i may join. just tell me what we are going to play

Kagome9
05-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I have some FMA music but if anyone has any suggestions I'm open for ideas.

Hikaruchan
05-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Another group is taking about playing on kazoos - sounds silly & fun.

Gotham
05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Haha that sounds like it would be really funny. I would totally be up for the marching band thing if I can make it to DragonCon.

The_Balrog
05-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Email the parade director Marilyn, she'll help you find people if you need help. I'd say I'm in as Lust but I have the Lord of the Rings parade group to deal with. If anyone of my elves or what have you I will send them your way :)
A Hint* Music on the streets is sometimes drowned out by the noise of the highway. We are playing with the idea of have a boombox but even that is a sketchy idea. Best bet is talk to Marilyn ( they have a yahoo group too: Dragon*Con Parade)
Hope this helps

Kagome9
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, it would still be cool just to get a bunch of us and march together in the parade, as long as everyone can keep in step and look vaguely like military personnel ^^

Gotham
05-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Just as a suggestion, you might look more "military-ish" if you have some people holding a banner in front with the name of the group on it, kinda like police precients do in parades.

cute_plum
05-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I already have a Riza Hawkeye costume together so I'd be happy to join in. Only one catch...I can't play an instrument. ^-^; I have no musical abilities, it's kinda sad really ^-^;

AshleyV
06-29-2005, 12:43 PM
I was on color guard for 6 years (marched both in high school and college). I have also done drum corps in addition to teaching shows to local high schools. I have done numberous sabre, riffle, and flag solos.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I was in the airforce ROTC at my school and was in drill team and Colorguard so I can march or play drums either is fine with me

adakie
07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
*hasn't been on any D-con lists yet, sorry* I'm definitely going as at least a few FMA characters and when my friend told me about this I thought it was a great idea. I haven't played any instruments in a long time but I could do some sort of handheld percussion if need be. As for characters, if the march isn't all that long I can offer chimera Nina and if not I've got just about all human versions of Al (including movie versions), both versions of Wrath, and Fletcher Tringham. I'll ask the people that I know who are going to march and get back to you on which one I'll wind up using.

evenstar1
08-27-2005, 10:42 AM
just wandering if this is still going to happen