PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear May Cosplay

Ononoke
03-30-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey!

I'm planning on cosplaying as May on Friday for Anime Central this year, so far I've finished all of the sewing and so on, but I'm not sure how to make the anchor, any suggestions? Thanks!

MysticCookie
03-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Make it a huge plushie? xD Thats what I did with mine...you get loads of attention and no problems with security ^^ Plus you can use it as a cushion afterwards! *hugs her anchor*

Ononoke
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I was actually thinking about that, our maybe one of those blow up ones?

But what about solid/hard materials? I'm not sure if I could sew an anchor XD

Toki chan
03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Hmm, your other best bet is for paper mache, which would take alot of work but here's how you might want to go around it, paper mache the anchor out and than grab some PVC, wrap the PVC around the paper mache'd anchor and spray it silver for a metallic look, leave it for the night and you're done, voila. Sorry, that's the only idea in my head which is quick XD

Ononoke
03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Okay, thanks so much! This is going to be next months project, since it'll take that long xx;

Toki chan
03-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Sure, no probs~ ^^ I hope I was able to help, if you need any help along the way on how to make the thing, feel free to PM me ^_^

*Sugar*
04-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh, oh, I'm making an anchor too!! ^^

Oh gosh, and I started that before the actual costume, x_x;; it's been a long process for me soo far, but it's on hold till the weather gets better {dangerous fumes x_x;; ack} but yeah!!

so far I've got mine all shaped out in foam, and the next step is for me is to cover it with fiberglass and bondo, but that bondo stuff has some nast fumes, you'd have to be careful x_x;; .... I'm not sure if you'd want to do it that way or not.. hm...