PDA

View Full Version : manga/manhwa

Silence_Sigh
03-30-2005, 09:28 PM
whats your favorite manga and manhwa? what series do you collect and what have your read?

well, i have a looooong list and most of my mangas are korean translated because its usually on par with the japanese release and the US release takes way too long and lagged behind.

with mangas, i own all the series of GTO, legend of the dragons son용랑전(1~37), i use to own all the dragon balls but my parents threw those away long time ago.. (T_T), the romance of the three kingdoms, cao caos storyline창천항로 1~37), rurouni kenshin바람의 검신 (1~28), 20th century boys(my new fav. 1~17) and a mix of onepiece, hunter hunter, crying freeman, arms, ranma etc.

i do own some english translated mangas like shaman king, angel sanctuary, suikoden etc

my manwhas i mainly have are hiphop, 열혈강호, kid gang, etc

oh yah... and i too poor and ghetto to own book shelves for these books so what i do is i put them in empty ramen boxes and hide them FAR back underneath my queen sized bed so no one can take them. lol, but its a bitch to take them out so i can read myself. >.<

ChibiMustang
03-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Lets see. I have Dragon Ball in Korean, In English I have Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Comic Party, Onegai Teacher, Peace Maker, Naruto and some others.

Crystalike
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
i have Naruto, CardCaptor Sakura, X/1999, w Juliet, Peach Girl, xxxHolic, Fushigi Yugi, here is Greenwood, wolf's rain, shaman King, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Ranma, whistle, Magic Knight Rayearth, chobits, and a whole lot of other CLAMP titles.

jiyoon
03-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Kare Kano, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, Hana Yori Dango, INVU, Peach Girl, Forbidden Dance, Naruto

I can't remember what else ._.

Hideki-san
03-31-2005, 08:03 PM
웨스턴 샷건, 굿모닝 티쳐, 다이어트 고고, 프리스트, 천추 등의 만화를 보았다는...

Silence_Sigh
03-31-2005, 08:29 PM
웨스턴 샷건, 굿모닝 티쳐, 다이어트 고고, 프리스트, 천추 등의 만화를 보았다는...

다이어트고고 하고 프리스트 was 재밋서 ^^ i read it when i was in korea last summer

ChibiMustang
04-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Diet Go Go and Good morning Teacher are well written in my opinon. I also thing 타이에 대모험 was nice too.

Crystalike
04-02-2005, 05:32 PM
i luff Good Morining Teacher! so good! oh, Tsubasa (수바사) is hecka good too.

ssmitty
04-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I really enjoyed "Under the Glass Moon." I do wish they (TokyoPop) would bring the next volumes out, or at least notify people as to why not more of it is out, yet. ;_; The art is beautiful and I love the mix of mysticism and slapstick humor.
"Hana Yori Dango" is also a big favorite of mine.
The first time I ever came across "Ranma 1/2" was in Korean! Yeah, I fell in love. *LOL*

Silence_Sigh
04-14-2005, 08:57 PM
the first time i saw ranma was on a korean dub anime video and i that was a very long time ago!!

Crystalike
04-14-2005, 09:15 PM
that's like the most ancient anime that ppl love or hated...

Silence_Sigh
04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
that's like the most ancient anime that ppl love or hated...

oh believe me... ive seen way older animes...
ick... that just made me feel old.. :lost:

jiyoon
04-15-2005, 06:13 PM
oh believe me... ive seen way older animes...
ick... that just made me feel old.. :lost:

ahaha~

I.N.V.U. is pretty good as well.

ackkkkkkk you're not old~~ you're only old when you're about 50 and you still go to anime conventions in cosplay. Believe me, I've seen it happen.

ssmitty
04-15-2005, 06:51 PM
ahaha~

I.N.V.U. is pretty good as well.

ackkkkkkk you're not old~~ you're only old when you're about 50 and you still go to anime conventions in cosplay. Believe me, I've seen it happen.

I've have the first few volumes of that. We're collecting too many series right now so that one has been put on hold.

Crystalike
04-15-2005, 10:04 PM
WAHAHAH!! im the ddong-seng!! X{ XP XD XO

well, the oldest mangas i can think of is like...Dragon Ball Z or Oh! my Goddess! <3 luv Belldandy and Peorth and Sayoko and ......etc.

beambitious
04-15-2005, 10:08 PM
요즘에 재밌는것들은...:
NANA, Tenshi Nanka Janai, 궁, 백작카인, 블리치, BECK, 명탐정 코난;;;

란마는 아마도 처음 접한 에니인듯; (만 5살 정도때)
처음으로 버닝한 에니는 카드켑터 사쿠라;;;; 그리도 헬싱, X/1999, 꽃보다 남자 (hana yori dango), Paradise Kiss, 내 남자친구 이야기 (gokinjo monogatari), Peach Girl, 파르페틱, Full Metal Panic 재밋게 봤어요.
꽃보다 남자는 끝부분 실망했다는;
Ai Yazawa님 갠적으로 굉장히 좋아해요.

Crystalike
04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
yeah! peach girl!!! LUFF LUFF LUFF!!!

kiwi_lady
04-16-2005, 09:03 AM
i like xxxholic, tsubasa, and NOW... 라그나로크도 젬나게 봤는데... they dont come out anymore :(

Crystalike
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Tsubasa isn't really good compared to the other mangas, but for CLAMP it's a jackpot.

jiyoon
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I like 세인트 마리 as well ^^

Crystalike
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
ooh! Peach girl is a must for all girls! im getting into Bleach too, but i'd never make a costume from that, it's all too plain...

ChibiMustang
05-07-2005, 11:53 PM
ooh! Peach girl is a must for all girls! im getting into Bleach too, but i'd never make a costume from that, it's all too plain...

I don't know about it being plain. I kinda like the old style Japanese samurai outfits.

Crystalike
05-08-2005, 09:55 PM
yes, but there's not much too it, cept maybe the Death Glove...for accessories.

Kurimono
05-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I like the Ragnarok manhwa myself. then there is kill me kiss me which I thought was amusing. but mainly read english translations as I dun know korean X_X(mother wasn't the best at teaching).

Crystalike
05-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Ragnarok is EXCELLENT! but one i kinda like is I.N.V.U (I Envy You), it's really clever, but the art style needs to develop a bit more, including the text bubbles.)

jiyoon
05-12-2005, 03:27 PM
I.N.V.U. is ok, but I prefer Bleach! Omg... will have to make Rukia costume sometime ._.

Crystalike
05-12-2005, 09:47 PM
the hair strand across her face annoys me to hell whenever i see it...and she also has 70s style hair...*sweatdrop

ooh! Girl Got Game is so cool! but i dont really like basketball, so whatever...

jiyoon
05-13-2005, 07:54 AM
XD My hair pretty much hangs in front of my face most of the time anyway, so it won't be too difficult XD

Crystalike
05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
lol,i i gotta see that.

jiyoon
05-13-2005, 05:47 PM
muhahaha I just recently cut my hair, so there's no more bang in front of my face

XD

Crystalike
05-13-2005, 06:05 PM
well pooh then....XD

mangaka_jiwon
06-16-2005, 10:53 PM
강철의 연금술사, 타롯카페, 리젠드,천행기,등등... 요즘.. 한국에 나오는 만화들을 안봐서 잘은 모르겠지만요... 위에것들 추천합니다!

kiwi_lady
02-21-2006, 04:00 PM
한국어 만화책 팔아요 ^^;;;
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1312389#post1312389
한국분들은 더 싸게 해드릴께요 -_-;;;

hibekisensai
02-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Let's see...I've read Naruto, FMA, Dragon Ball...I'm not a huge manga fan probably because I constantly try to multitask, and it's easier for me to watch/listen to something and accomplish other tasks, where reading pretty much locks you in, and just seems like a waste of time to only do one thing! I even purchase audio books for this very same reason! We Koreans are always in a hurry!!

Many of my friends in Seoul love Fruits Baskets manga.

lainey
02-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Ragnarok and Goong (palace!)

Goong is so good!! You guys should watch the series too (it's airing in Korea right now I believe).

kiwi_lady
02-26-2006, 12:33 PM
ohhh the goong drama?? there are bishies --__--;;
i wonder if Goong will ever come out in US?
currently im really in to Airgear... but i cant find the series anywhere other than korea TT_TT

lainey
02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
ohhh the goong drama?? there are bishies --__--;;
i wonder if Goong will ever come out in US?
currently im really in to Airgear... but i cant find the series anywhere other than korea TT_TT

the guys are so cute!!! lol

do you mean licensed?
I'm sure yesasia will.

Airgear? i've heard of it O_o

No one has ever cosplayed from Kdramas!! *must do it someday!* wee..obscure cosplay! lol

kiwi_lady
02-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Korean Dramas can rock anyones socks XD
I wanna make this outfit from a korean movie 왕의 남자...
i dont think they have English title yet...
but if i translate it off the bat its King's Man o_o;
the outfits in it are korean traditional jester outfits and OMG its so freaking pretty
http://blogpds.entica.com/pds/1/200508/12/11/a0005911_22375556.jpg
i wanna make the little boy whos sitting in the front XD <- yes its a real man who looks like a grl XDD

lainey
02-28-2006, 10:49 AM
hey one of the guys looks like the main character from Emperor of the Sea!

OMG we should do a kdrama cosplay together *heart*

kiwi_lady
02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
we should!
it would be lotsa fun +_+
noone loves K drama around here TT_TT..
its pretty fun guys XD
although the stories can be kinda repetitive... still its great <3

kels
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
we should!
it would be lotsa fun +_+
noone loves K drama around here TT_TT..
its pretty fun guys XD
although the stories can be kinda repetitive... still its great <3

kdorama=pure repeatedness.. i noticed in almost every single one..

1) the girl gets depressed + drunk
2) love triangle
3) someone dies
4) someone gets/has amnesia

XDDDDDDDD.. man.. i loved tomato.. LOL

hibekisensai
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Korean Dramas can rock anyones socks XD
I wanna make this outfit from a korean movie 왕의 남자...
i dont think they have English title yet...
but if i translate it off the bat its King's Man o_o;
the outfits in it are korean traditional jester outfits and OMG its so freaking pretty
http://blogpds.entica.com/pds/1/200508/12/11/a0005911_22375556.jpg
i wanna make the little boy whos sitting in the front XD <- yes its a real man who looks like a grl XDD

Yeah, the movie is called The King and the Clown?...something like that...this movie is like the most popular movie ever in Korea...something like over 10 million watched this out of the 40 million in Korea...very interesting since Korea is very....I wouldn't say homophobic, but homosexuality is mos def not widely accepted or even tolerated in Korea...

kiwi_lady
03-01-2006, 08:45 PM
golden rule of K drama 5
the evil mother in law who makes the life the living hell XDD

the plot line for 왕의 남자 is actually pretty interesting i found out o_o
i wanna watch it XDD!!
and the costume is soooo preeeetty +_+

PrincessGarnet
03-02-2006, 03:52 AM
I never watch 왕의 남자(the king's clown)But I will watching it in when It's on Video in here korea I lived in a korea right now for 6 months (I like School Rumble,Inuyasha in korean,May be Detective Conan in a korean that is very good anime too)I saw in TV in a korean show they doing casting a character from the king's man or something(왕의 남자)It's was so funny I couldn't laugh about it I like costumes in a show in TV and I wish It's was a video right now

haku88
03-05-2006, 09:05 PM
im not sure about the official title, but everyone (well my chinese friends =D) knows 왕의 남자 as The King and The Clown, which makes sense since it is about them. there is the mv of 이선희 on YouTube, if anyone's interested. i personally love the song 인연 by her and think the mv is EXCELLENT.

as for my manga, my all time fav is FMA but NOT the anime only the original comix and currently im into Naruto and Onepiece as well. i like Gung but i've never seen the comix only the drama. its aired on Canada every Thurs + Fri evenings on Al (얼) TV in Canada =D

PrincessGarnet
03-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Oh haku88 I like her song too I listen to her song in MV

lainey
03-08-2006, 07:32 AM
kdorama=pure repeatedness.. i noticed in almost every single one..

1) the girl gets depressed + drunk
2) love triangle
3) someone dies
4) someone gets/has amnesia

XDDDDDDDD.. man.. i loved tomato.. LOL

Depends on the ones you watch! My favourites are Dae Jang Geum and Full House :) :)

kiwi_lady
03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
never got to watch 대장금.. i fail as a korean now lol XDD
i heard its really good though~
personally i loved 명랑소녀 성공기 if anyone knows it... it was the best drama ever -_-!!

lainey
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
man...i'd read those characters if I wasn't so lazy lol (I'm so SLOW at reading korean LOL)

romanize for the lazy! i'd want to cosplay from gumiho :)

Rikal
03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
rebirth well thats my favorite manhwa. Many more and countless manga but that is my favorite.

kiwi_lady
03-16-2006, 11:14 PM
man...i'd read those characters if I wasn't so lazy lol (I'm so SLOW at reading korean LOL)

romanize for the lazy! i'd want to cosplay from gumiho :)

omg... ur gonna make fun of me sooo bad lol
okay here we go

대장금: de jang guem
명랑소녀 성공기 : lol this is a fun one XD;; : meang lang so nea sung gong gi

GREAT series i heard
although i havent watched de jang guem yet >.>;; lol ppl are gonna beat me up now..
but uh
wanna cosplay from it cuz it looked kewl XD;

Rikal: rebirth... tht sounds really familier... cant remember where i heard it from though XD; but korean manwhas are awesome!
my fav. is NOW and Ragnarok manwha X3!

Silence_Sigh
03-17-2006, 08:38 AM
ma jae, yong lang juhn and hip - hop are what im currently reading right now. sorry, im at my schools computer so i cant type them in korean. >.>

lainey
06-11-2006, 09:29 AM
dae jang geum = hope you've watched it by now!

and Goong! My gosh!! There's some REALLY pretty outfits that I want to make...but the details are insane.

kels
06-11-2006, 02:53 PM
dae jang geum = hope you've watched it by now!

and Goong! My gosh!! There's some REALLY pretty outfits that I want to make...but the details are insane.

goong is so cute T_T

actually.. i ran into some of goong cosplayers on cosplay.co.kr XDD

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kels-/kinayoung7.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kels-/kinayoung2.jpg

xinababo
06-13-2006, 10:29 PM
OMG GOONG!!!! Well...the drama was kind of boring to me because the political talking was sooooooooooo frickin' long.

BIGUNG MAMA~!(aka baby vox chick) XD

but I DID want to cosplay their school uniform and be Chaegyung's friend that wears the glasses.

Ahhh I also wanted to show my love for "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon", but the pig plushie is so expensive ><

Skyline Kyo
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Kind of on subject but a bit off... xD;
But has anyone seen "My Sassy Girl"? I heard there's a manga of it too somewhere?

xinababo
06-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Kind of on subject but a bit off... xD;
But has anyone seen "My Sassy Girl"? I heard there's a manga of it too somewhere?

Hehe I think every Asian's seen my sassy girl by now. To me, that movie wasn't "OMGGGGGG SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!" but it was a nice movie. Maybe I should sell my dvd of it...

There IS a manga for it, but I don't really like the drawings that much =T

Skyline Kyo
06-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Hehe I think every Asian's seen my sassy girl by now. To me, that movie wasn't "OMGGGGGG SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!" but it was a nice movie. Maybe I should sell my dvd of it...

There IS a manga for it, but I don't really like the drawings that much =T

LOL. Oh I loved the movie to death. Bought the movie like 3 times now (of course... each dvd I bought wound up broken...). "Wanna die? Drink coffee" xD

Was the manga any good though?

hibekisensai
06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
LOL. Oh I loved the movie to death. Bought the movie like 3 times now (of course... each dvd I bought wound up broken...). "Wanna die? Drink coffee" xD

Was the manga any good though?

i can' remember the last time i actually bought a kdrama or kmovie...yeah, i'm a download whore! :toothy:

as for My Sassy Girl manga, it was ok, but yeah, the artwork didn't impress me much either...... i think there are mixed reviews, it all depends on who you talk to....here is a link for a review of the manga: http://www.southside.za.net/reviews/june04/sassy1.htm

Keilania
06-29-2006, 08:41 PM
I know how to read hangul and stuff but I don't now what I'm reading. Ha. /swt

I started reading Ragnarok (라그나라크?)after playing the game for a while. The manwa had a good story line even if it was sort of hard to follow. The game helped me understand little things about the story. ^^

Good morning teacher I thought wasn't that bad; but I've only see some of it.

lainey
07-03-2006, 08:51 AM
I HATED my sassy girl......basically. "pretty girls can get away with anything" i wondered if he'd love her if she wasn't pretty???

OMG..that shin goon cosplayer is SOOOO GOOD O_O O_O

jiyoon
07-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I have the manhwa of My Sassy Girl... The movie was funny, but it wasn't something that really left a huge impression on me. The manhwa is interesting though. But it's not that much better.

aznkpjjang
07-12-2006, 04:47 AM
favorite manhwa: Sang Nam 2 In Jo(aka Shounan Junai Gumi) and Ban Hang Hajimah(aka GTO). Both are done by same mangaka btw. Hopefully my roomate who is in korea will buy these for me.....T T

oh, and annyung everyone~ ^___^

jiyoon
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
favorite manhwa: Sang Nam 2 In Jo(aka Shounan Junai Gumi) and Ban Hang Hajimah(aka GTO). Both are done by same mangaka btw. Hopefully my roomate who is in korea will buy these for me.....T T

oh, and annyung everyone~ ^___^

Annyeong~

Ban Hang Hajimah is funny, but I never really finished reading it... I liek the live action version too =D

Train
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Manga / Manhwa >> gto, sAMURAI x, sAMURAI cHAMPLOO, sHAKUGAN nO sHANA (작안의 샤나), SHUFFLE, Hana Yori Dango (꽃보다 남자), Air Gear, Bleach, Naruto, I''s, Trinity Blood, Fate/ Stay Night, Ichigo 100% (Until the end, ending was bad), D. Gray Man, Shaman King, Black Cat, Get Backers, Shin Seiki GPX Cyber Formula SIN, FMA, FMP, Tsubasa Chronical Reservoir, One Piece, and I cant remember any more.

K-drama>> I know its old but Winter Sonata (겨울연가), 미사, Full House, 올인. Im a big fan of 볘용준, 송혜교, and 비 (Rain). I havent found much time to watch dramas lately so I dont know which drama has 김태희.

jiyoon
07-21-2006, 12:02 PM
꽃보다 남자~ I love that series... > w< It was really nice~ Live action was really cute too~

I don't really like Full House... =A= I don't know why..

Kim Tae Hee is cute ^-^ The latest one I know of is Love Story in Harvard... but that is not new..

Train
07-21-2006, 07:38 PM
꽃보다 남자~ I love that series... > w< It was really nice~ Live action was really cute too~

I don't really like Full House... =A= I don't know why..

Kim Tae Hee is cute ^-^ The latest one I know of is Love Story in Harvard... but that is not new..
I think Makino Tsukushi played by Inoue Mao and Domyoji Tsukasa played by Matsumoto Jun was perfect. I dont really know about Hanazawa Rui although the guy fitted perfectly and was good looking too. Inoue Mao and Matsumoto Jun are really cute couple. Somehow I feel very homo-ish saying "cute". I dont think its because Im a guy. I wonder why ? Maybe Im a dark person.

jiyoon
07-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I think Makino Tsukushi played by Inoue Mao and Domyoji Tsukasa played by Matsumoto Jun was perfect. I dont really know about Hanazawa Rui although the guy fitted perfectly and was good looking too. Inoue Mao and Matsumoto Jun are really cute couple. Somehow I feel very homo-ish saying "cute". I dont think its because Im a guy. I wonder why ? Maybe Im a dark person.

I agree~ I think they are a cute couple, but I don't think it's homo-ish to say it's cute? Haha Oguri Shun played Hanazawa Rui... both Oguri Shun and Matsumoto Jun have acted in other series... like Gokusen 1. It was really funny~

Train
07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
for some unknown reason i didnt really like the two guys who played Akira and Souijiro. I forgot their name XD. Gokusen was one of the best series i've ever watched XD. I heard they have 꽃보다 남자 in korean ver. I looked it up in one of the search engines and it poped up with korean one. Its either i accidently ate someone's medication mistaking it for a candy or i've just gone mad.

jiyoon
07-27-2006, 01:44 PM
for some unknown reason i didnt really like the two guys who played Akira and Souijiro. I forgot their name XD. Gokusen was one of the best series i've ever watched XD. I heard they have 꽃보다 남자 in korean ver. I looked it up in one of the search engines and it poped up with korean one. Its either i accidently ate someone's medication mistaking it for a candy or i've just gone mad.

I didn't like Akira or Soujirou in 꽃보다 남자 manga anyway... > <

Gokusen was really funny~ I preferred season 1 (Jun Matsumoto and Oguri Shun) rather than gokusen 2 with Jin Akanishi and Kamenashi Kazuya...

aigo... CNAnime is coming up too quickly~ Gotta finish costumes~

Train
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Gokusen 2 had its taste but it was pretty much same thigns as the first one with replacement for shin and etc. I didnt really get too attached to the character Hayato, but the other one (i forgot his name T_T)i like him only because he was in Nobuta Wo Produce =P. Him being Shuji and the guy from Dragon Zakura being Akira is absolutely hilarious XD. I know I cant memorize the actor's name for cheep sake .Im not done any of my costumes too XD.If all else fails I can always wear a sign saying "I am Goku in disguise" =P.

jiyoon
07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Gokusen 2 had its taste but it was pretty much same thigns as the first one with replacement for shin and etc. I didnt really get too attached to the character Hayato, but the other one (i forgot his name T_T)i like him only because he was in Nobuta Wo Produce =P. Him being Shuji and the guy from Dragon Zakura being Akira is absolutely hilarious XD. I know I cant memorize the actor's name for cheep sake .Im not done any of my costumes too XD.If all else fails I can always wear a sign saying "I am Goku in disguise" =P.

ye~ I agree~ Was that other guy in nobuta wa produce? I never watched that series... only dragon zakura~

Hahah~ you are going CN too? That's cool~ I think I am wearing a hanbok on sunday... not even sure anymore =A=;;;

Train
07-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I dont think i can fit in mine anymore XD. all this pressure is killing me though XD. i only have about a month to finish up my AC Cloud outfit including his sheath at the back(almost done now, stayed up all night sewing T_T) and his sword. I really cant figure out how to make it functional like some of the cosplayers were able to. XP. I'll probably go bald really soon =P.

jiyoon
07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
*heuk* I bought mine just recently... it better fit >___>

Too many costumes planned for CNAnime @ _@ I think there are 4 costumes hahaha

Train
07-28-2006, 10:57 AM
4?! oO. What do you plan on going as? Im probably going to do about 2 if lucky 3 XD.

jiyoon
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
haha~ Even I am confused! I keep saying I will make so and so costumes and never get time to finish, so I am always pushing it back =_=;;

Illya - Fate/Stay Night (Might not wear it though...too hot!)
Shiba Kuukaku (black suit version) - Bleach

Plus two other "secret costumes"
=D

Train
07-28-2006, 11:15 AM
XD Finally someone going as character from Fate stay, I only saw two or maybe one same person twice from Fate Stay in AN06.I cant wait to see you "secret" costumes XD. almost no one gets their costume on time now that I think about it ^^Everyone is busy the night before.

kiwi_lady
07-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I wanted to make saber until I found out it was gonna cost me bazillions of dollars xD; ... damn wonderflex -_-;
We should all meet at CN!! It will be fun xD;
like ... korean cosplay.com crew shoot lol xDD;;
Anyone going to CN doing the masquarade?
its FUN!
XDD

Train
07-28-2006, 09:06 PM
What do you do in Masq. I've heaerd so much about it yet I know so little T_T. It would be cool to gather up at CNA XD.

kiwi_lady
07-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Well you have two choices.. walk on or a skit.

walk on: a "fashion show"... you do a take .. a walk xD; on the stage, showing off your costume.

Skit: You preform a ... skit with your buddies .. usually a minute to 3 minutes long, depending on the con policy on skits. ITS FUN!

Usually its good to do a walk on if your by yourself or 2. Skit is WICKED fun as LONG as everyone plays nicely xD
you can win stuff for the craftmanship of your outfit, or your preformance on stage~ theres also judges award, which is given to .. well ppl the judges thought qualified for an award!
Theres different divisions you can enter, but it really depends on the con to see which divisions you are in. Mostly though, if you never entered/won before, you are a novice~

Train
07-29-2006, 11:45 AM
oO I think i like that skit part. but too many ideas XD.

kiwi_lady
07-29-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah Skit is great xDDD
especially with your friends~ cuz then you have more excuses to hang out with them xD!

Train
07-30-2006, 09:41 AM
lol But getting an act together can be troublesome sometimes especially if you have short amount of time XD. Nevertheless it still fun. =P

jiyoon
07-30-2006, 10:09 AM
con policy only allows us to perform 1 minute on stage... I think you need a certain amount of people before you get 1 minute...otherwise it is 45 seconds long.

Train
07-30-2006, 10:17 AM
hm. Since commerials are about 30seconds long and it could be elaborated to 1 minute, I think the first skit I'll do with couple of my friends will be comercials of a product from an anime. Probably that book Kakashi is always reading?

kiwi_lady
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I think CN rule changed this year.. for 1- 12 ppl, EVERYONE gets a minute
which is good.. AND bad >.>;

Train
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Why is having more time bad? isnt having more time to perform better?

kiwi_lady
07-30-2006, 08:57 PM
but for people who has 12 ppl group, its bad because you ONLY have a minute. Usually bigger group at least gets 2 minutes, or at US cons up to 4.

Skyline Kyo
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Where is CN? I'd love to have a huge KP cosplay.com meetup one day xD

jiyoon
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Where is CN? I'd love to have a huge KP cosplay.com meetup one day xD
토론토~ >___>; It's a Canadian con~

Maybe I will see if I can go to San Francisco one day for con~

kiwi_lady
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Krn c.c get together would be fun T_T;;;
since theres only like.. 5 of us who talks on it XDDD;;;;;

jiyoon
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Krn c.c get together would be fun T_T;;;
since theres only like.. 5 of us who talks on it XDDD;;;;;
everyone else pops in once in a while.

I'm wearing hanbok on Sunday afternoon. =A=; So you'll be able to see me from a mile away XDD

kiwi_lady
08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
ohhh the pink one +_+?
I'll like be OMG HI to you when I see you so DONT be scared xDD;;; Or try not to be >.>;;;

jiyoon
08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
haha yesss~ If I look like I'm afraid of you, just introduce yourself XD haha I'll recognize you after you tell me who you are XD

kiwi_lady
08-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Alright I will XDD
man can't wait for CNA this year +_+ I was so impressed with its organization last year O_o

Train
08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Doesnt CNA specialize with DC Comics though? Well, at least that what I was informed.

jiyoon
08-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Alright I will XDD
man can't wait for CNA this year +_+ I was so impressed with its organization last year O_o

Haha ya~ I like CNA because it's run by professionals, but AN is run by fans.. I was very disappointed with its organization this year.

But I digress... will wear hanbok on Friday instead of Sunday... =)

lainey
08-20-2006, 08:29 AM
BAH I'm so picky, don't have a hanbok, and never had a chance to make one..so i can't join u in awesome hanbok'ness at CN O_o

kiwi_lady
08-25-2006, 08:03 AM
I just realized CNA is like.. next week -_-;;;
thats not too good is it XD;?

jiyoon
08-25-2006, 08:54 AM
I just realized CNA is like.. next week -_-;;;
thats not too good is it XD;?

Did you really have to remind us -___-

kiwi_lady
08-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I have to share the pain yo
.... because I JUST got my costume started XD;

lainey
08-31-2006, 08:38 AM
I share your pain, because I started mine on the 27th :)

I will see you there though!~

Train
08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
I procrastinated and now the costumes I was suppose to ahve ready by tmr is now pushed to AN next year XD

jiyoon
08-31-2006, 11:26 PM
I just moved out of my home to a condo... I got a new sewing machine which I have yet to learn how to use!

I'll be wearing my hanbok tomorrow~ If you see me, stop to say hi~ =D There aren't enough korean cosplayers on this forum from Canada ><~~~

kiwi_lady
09-04-2006, 07:43 PM
omg it was great to see you guys at the masq room XDDD
lol I was so retarded but thats okay XD

lainey
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
you GUYS...we should definitely do a korean drama or whatever cosplay in the future...you guys ROCK LOL

we need to exchange msns too :)

all i have to say is...LEE JUN KI LOL LOL

jiyoon
09-10-2006, 04:47 PM
it was fun running into you guys at the masq green room =)

Hopefully i'll see you guys next year too ^_^

heartamulate
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Shugo chara, mermaid melody, fullmoon ........... 추천해요~!:):bigtu::bigtu:

ahsgjs2020
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
음.. 뭐랄까.. 한국인이 꽤 있구나 여기..

hunj
09-10-2009, 08:17 AM
대부분 미국에서 거주하는 한국인들이예요~ ㅎ