PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Roar series

JoeBoeing
01-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Anyone play these?

I loved the 1st two but not sure if Bloody Roar III is as good. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about III.

Anyways, who do you play as in the series? I use Alice.

FRom,
Joe

Spooky Brew
01-08-2003, 12:41 AM
I love Bloody Roar! Well, I liked Bloody Roar III!!! I usually use Bakaru!! *so hot!*

psythe
01-08-2003, 06:41 AM
I remember playing this when I worked at Best buy and we had it on display. I think that was BR2. It was a pretty fun game, but I never picked it up. Possibly cause I just played it at work :p

liz-maru
01-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Bloody Roar 3 is as good!! if you liked the others you will definetly like 3! the character designs look a little better to! ^^ you should get it!

Recca-kun
01-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Uriko! Long is cool too. My brother and I played 1 to death, a little of 2, and then I haven't played 3 yet...

KaitouKurogo
01-09-2003, 06:40 PM
I own Two and Three, but I've never played the first game... **goes off to dig through the discount bin at the video store**

I enjoy the games, as it's nice to see a fighting system that uses situational techniques (ie, being able to roll and duck under attacks completely by accident). I'm best with Uriko ^_^ Gotta love the kitty-girl.

makio
01-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Though people might disagree, if you've got a Gamecube, you should *definitely* Bloody Roar: Primal Fury. It's one of the few fighting games I've played lately for hours on end. I only rented BR3 back when it first came out, but it wasn't too bad either.

...don't bother playing the earlier games unless you want to catch up on the storyline without reading opinionated FAQs. Much like SNK and the KOF series, Bloody Roar's storyline is a bit hazy.

Neo Rasa
01-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Saying the SNK storyline is as hazy as Bloody Roar's is like saying Hamlet's storyline is as hazy as the American version of The Ring. ;p

Jackal0321
05-01-2003, 08:37 PM
BR III is really good in the graphics department but you just don't get the feel of what BR really is

JacksUsername
05-02-2003, 01:12 AM
hmm, i played the Gamecube one and wasn't overall impressed. But then again I'm not really that into the fighting genre to begin with.

Seems like these people know waht they're talkign about and its over a year old, so you shold be able to buy it pretty cheap

Michi
05-02-2003, 02:01 AM
There's a Gamecube one?! Dude! I've been interested in this series so long and I've wanted to play it, but I don't know how to acquire it. But now I think I need to look into this GCN version. :D!!

DeathCom
05-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Bloody Roar III, I didnt like it as much as II, but here's a little information:

BR3 on PS2 is the port of the arcade version.

BR3 on the Gamecube is slightly enhanced over that port (called Extreme I think). And the Japanese version has a very, very,... explicit debug menu code...

BR3 Extreme is now coming to the Xbox. Its based on the cube port, but may offer a few additional extras.

Oh, and favorite character? Certainly Marvel / Sheena (as she was previously known as). Uriko was cool as the boss in the original I think, but how she became the halfbeast thing in later installments made her less interesting. Nothing like the original Uriko who went from a child, that then turns into a deadly human woman, then finally into a massive demon beast.

-DeathCom

XLainoftheWired
05-02-2003, 11:03 PM
I played BR1 to no frickin end, played some of 2 and havent played 3 yet. I played Alice or the mole guy all the time. I thought it was one of the better 3D fighters I have played. I favor it over VF and Tekken. But it doesnt hold a candle to Soul Calibur.

Michi
05-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Very helpful info, DeathCom, thankyou. ^^ I'm gonna start seeing what I can find soon.. not that I have the money, but that's what rental stores are for. :3

JoeBoeing
12-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Sorry to dug up an old thread but this is my thread so I can do it. *sticks out tongue*

Anyways, I got Bloody Roar: Primal Fury for my Gamecube today and played it for about an hour and I was playing as Uriko, Alice, Shina and Long and I liked it.

But sadly I can't play it anymore since it's a Christmas present. I got it off ebay used for 16 shipped and I played it to make sure the disc works.

I'll be able to give it more play after Christmas but I liked what I did play.

I'm looking to get Bloody Roar 4 in a month or two.

Hey, Michi... did you get Bloody Roar for the Gamecube yet?

From,
Joe

P.S.
Uriko is soooooooo cute.... I want to pinch her cheek and place her on a shelf in my house.

Nietsche
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Ah yes! I have the GC version and it's pretty fun!

I don't really have a favourite although Xion and Buzumizu are pretty cool!
Anyway..I can're really say I like Ganesha or Stun all that much!

Catpaw
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
I played Bloody Roar 3 on the PS2! XD Xion rulez!

aku
12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
I've enjoyed playing BR2 the most. The first was great, but the second was just miles better. I'd say that the one that I enjoyed playing the most is Stun, because I just love playing as grapplers. Uriko's hilariously cute as a Long clone, and oooooh Jenny. You see, I have a thing for legs.. :O~~

Jehuty
12-03-2003, 10:10 PM
It's a decent game......I have my gripes about the actual fighte system in this series but, it's very...unique not many fighters like this one. Yeah and the forth installment of the game is already out as well on PS2

it introduces several more characters....and other new things as well. Anyway BR 4 is available.

JoeBoeing
12-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Jehuty - Are you telling me that the Bloody Roar series is a simple fighter with a dumbed down fighting engine? Please don't tell me it's a masher... please don't destroy my opinion of the greatest game series ever.

< end sarcasm >

I think if they were to redo the battle engine by giving each character a more distict style of gameplay like Virtua Figther and include a combo system like VF or Tekken and give each character a differant beast style of gameplay when in beast mode they could have a serious tourney fighter with the BR series.

As it is it's a fun diversion and a good unwind-from-a-bad-day series but they should add some elements to make it more skill based.

From,
Joe

EDIT:
Michi, you would make a perfect Uriko