PDA

View Full Version : Princess Peach / Toadstool?

Himemiya
01-08-2003, 01:35 AM
So! I've seen lots of Mario cosplay lately, and I got a gameboy advance, and have been playing lots of super mario.... and I'm thinking about cosplaying princess toadstool (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=11965) ^_^

I've seen this done before, and the biggest differences I see is hair. I don't think i'll be getting a yellow wig, as I just cannot see myself pulling off yellow hair gracefully.. and I was thinking about a blonde wig, Or I could put lemon juice in my own hair and be a dark-blonde peach ^_^;

What's everyone's opinion? Blonde or Au Natural?

Maryssa
01-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Her hair is more strawberry blonde, and I think it looks odd when people use plain blonde wigs...

in the old days she was a brunette ;-;

Himemiya
01-08-2003, 08:31 AM
You know, she *does* look like a strawberry blonde in the pictures... hmmmm! Thank you maryssa!

Collie
01-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
Her hair is more strawberry blonde, and I think it looks odd when people use plain blonde wigs...

in the old days she was a brunette ;-;

I thought Peach was always blonde. I can swear it almost. It was Daisy that was the brunette.
~*~Collie~*~

Sion
01-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I can't remember peach being a blonde, only a brunette o_O;

EDIT: I was wrong, I remember her being blond, just haven't seen a pic for a long time :thumbsup:

Eriku-san

Maryssa
01-08-2003, 11:33 PM
hiimemiya: n/p ^_^

Daisy didnt even have color until she was like, put in Mario Tennis or something. I'm talking oldschool NES. And the old cartoons on TV.

Dark Vision
01-09-2003, 12:06 AM
i always thought of it as orange, maybe its the uncolor coordinated person that i am.

Michi
01-09-2003, 12:33 AM
I've always thought of it as a very deep almost yellowish blonde. It's most noticable next to Zelda in Super Smash Bros Melee, who has hair more marigold colored than really blonde. ^^ There are dark shades of blonde that almost look yellow, so you could go with something like that...

I dunno if I helped. o.o

Adella
01-09-2003, 02:08 PM
That hair looks pretty darn blond if you ask me. I don't see any strawberry in it at all. I'm cosplaying as peach as well and styling a wig.

Peach was a red head until only recently. Orange hair.

Himemiya
01-10-2003, 06:54 PM
In the old-old-old nintendo games, like super mario advance, its a darker blonde, mostly because of the graphics quality. Different game, different hair I guess. She also gets a new dress in another game... with gold applique around it, and a different bottom.... ^_^; anyway, I think I'm gonna use my own dark-blonde hair for this costume, a wig seems kind of expensive for it...

Adella
01-10-2003, 08:44 PM
You should always do what makes you happy and what you can afford ^_^

Nine
01-11-2003, 01:58 AM
http://nine3k1.ods.org/cosplay/peach1.jpg

I cosplayed Princess Toadstool... XD Yeah.. the hair, I made it out of fabric. Her hair varies from Bright Yellow, to Dark Brown.. yeah so anything along the lines of that would be best. XD Good luck! I would like to see pictures when you complete it! :D

..here's another fun picture of me in my costume XD

http://nine3k1.ods.org/cosplay/peach2.jpg

Collie
01-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Gaa!! ::dances:: Your Princess Toadstool costume rocks! ::stops dancing::
~*~Collie~*~

Adella
01-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Why did you stop Collie!? ;_; ::dances with her!::