PDA

View Full Version : Morning Shift: Fanboy Funk Patrol for Otakon

Carmila
01-08-2003, 09:40 AM
HEY! I kinda am taking this out of the Morning Shift thread. Before I had mentioned that we should all do something for Otakon since most of us are going. Well, as for the Morning Shift Otakon Cosplay Idea, I was thinking the Fanboy Funk Patrol.

Now, the patrol isn't really anime, however, it could become a con institution.....What do you all think?

The costume would be simple, black minis for girls, blak pants for the guys, white shirts, red ties, and patches on the shoulders. Then there would be waterguns filled with febreeze (or spray bottles), bihazard stickers, and possibly police hats.

Could this work or who would be interested?

Studmaster
01-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Personally I think this can work pretty well, escpeciallly on Friday Morning/Afternoon when people are just arrving to the convention. It'll definetly get people into the Con spirit ^_^

And you know I'm down for this.

katchoo
01-08-2003, 11:32 AM
lol...this would be hilarious!!! I'm down!

peaseblossom
01-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Oh man! I wish I was going to Otakon! Maybe this can be branched out to other cons as well!

Sami
01-08-2003, 12:04 PM
LMAO!! I'm not exactly a part of the Morning Shift (you all would probably lynch me if you heard when I get up every day) but this idea was TOO hilarious to pass up! I'll be game for a few hours of Friday, too! XD And we should salute each other as we pass by!

Ali-kun
01-08-2003, 03:36 PM
...you guys SO have to do that, and take pictures of everyone posing in uniform...and in the line of duty XD

(I imagine it would be more polite to get a volunteer for that shot...but I can just see a uniformed Patrol member facing down a random cosplayer with a spray bottle of Febreeze aimed at them like a gun...*giggles*)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-08-2003, 03:37 PM
I'm down with this at AX. and do some type of salute :D

KelBebop
01-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Sounds a bit like "The Great Wash" at BayCon. :D They walk through the con in bathrobes, with towels on their heads, bearing the Sacred Golden Rubber Ducky, while passing out soap to con goers. Their mantra is "Lather. Rinse. Repeat." They make a point to give soap only to the obviously clean people, instead of out-and-out embarrassing the stinky ones...this shames the stinkers in a more subtle way.

It's great! I think they even have their own commandments and a website somewhere, but I don't know what it is.

All good things,
Kel

Carmila
01-08-2003, 07:03 PM
I am hoping to make this a world wide con phenomenon!

Right now the Fanboy Funk Patrol is slated for AWA, but heck, if people like the idea, then maybe we can have different branches for different cons!

BlueLady
01-08-2003, 07:23 PM
I wanna play!! * sniff* Hoprefully you guys will do it at AX or something!

peaseblossom
01-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Carmila: Honey, you are making me wanna ditch school and go to AWA. I may just do it!!! AUGH! That way I can go see Mom again sooner too!

Bell-chan
01-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Awww! I'm not going! I would have loved to do that! It sounds so funny! XD

Carmila
01-10-2003, 09:27 AM
I started looking around last night, and it looks like this might actually work. My best friend and I are going to work on a website, but I need to deal with hosting and all that fun stuff. Anyways, there will be a ranking system and it will be something that people could I guess do in shifts. But at each con there should be a group photo!

You also don't have to go to a con to be part. I mean there are funky fanboys everywhere!

Ranma Saotome
01-10-2003, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't do this... It sounds like a great idea, but you could seriously offend someone. :(

Carmila
01-10-2003, 02:02 PM
I think the stench is the most offensive part. Anyways, people know it is all in good fun!

peaseblossom
01-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Also, like the "Great Wash" I don't think we'd be attacking actual stinky people. It's more subtle that way!

soshi
01-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Erm.. another note.. I wouldn't spray cosplayers. (Actually, I wouldn't spray ANYONE, but that's just me.) I know if someone came up to me and sprayed my costume with some unkown substance, I'd be ready to kill. ^^;

peaseblossom
01-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Soshi: Totally agreed! I would break someone in half!

Space Invader
01-10-2003, 10:20 PM
This should happen at Akon. I SO would do it! Last year there were many-a-funkies lurking about. You can especially tell when you crowd into the elevators ><.