PDA

View Full Version : The Batman

gogoedward
04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
I know the show has gotten a mixed response, but one thing I've noticed that everyone agrees on is that the character designs rock! Anyone thinking of cosplaying this new take on an old classic?

(I recently saw the new batgirl, she looks like a girl making a bad costume for a party, but I did see the new poison ivy which looks really good)

I personally want to try the new Joker because even though the new joker sucks I do like his design, I would also be curious to try out the new Bane (not when he's huge and re dbut when he's small and black)

But I'm not doing any of them, I'm sketching out a Mr. Freeze one, stil lnot sure how I'd do the icicle head covery thingy.

Anyone else cosplaying this show?

avskull
04-02-2005, 01:24 AM
i always wanted to costume matt hagan but it kind of big

gogoedward
04-08-2005, 12:58 AM
the new clayface isnt as big as the old one, but itd still be hard to figure out how to make it look good and mushy like the real thing

anji_kenshin
04-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I was tossing the idea of doing the new joker, even tho I'm an old school fan I acually like "The Batman" except for the whole "the" thing. But the new joker was a pretty cool guy, so I'm thinking of taking that on, Have they introduced a new Harley Quinn yet? And if so where can I find her picture?

gogoedward
04-10-2005, 02:30 AM
no new harely quinn yet, i myself have made fanarts of a new style for her.....

and i love this show, i like the old school one, but i like this too because its finally something different

the new joker would be awesome,id love to do the new firefly but thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond what i am capable of (physically, mentally, financially, in other waysally)

oh and if youve seen the new batgirl, well she looks like shes cosplaying, she really does (bad cosplay anyway)

Daitenshi
04-10-2005, 05:36 AM
The new character designs make me weep. ToT

Mesoian
04-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Now that the joker is basically an alleyway meth head rather than the calculating villian he used to be, I don't see how Harley Quinn can come into the picture at all.

For me, "The Batman" was all over when Mr. Freeze said "bring it". That made me sick to my stomach. The new Bane was pretty good though.

gogoedward
04-11-2005, 01:25 AM
yes the joker sucks, and aside from the cool design mr. freeze is kinda sucky too

but their designs are kinda cool,

i wouldnt be surprised if they brought in harley quinn, mainly because most of the characters have gotten new backstories, so they are who we know, but with a new look AND a new storyline

like ivy is now a teenager, friend of teenage barbara gordon, but she still gets into a chemical accident

i think harley quinn will come, eventually..... but maybe not as joker's gal pal, but as something different

the show has its bad points (the joker in general, catwoman's over sexualization of her dialogue, penguin appearing 4 times out of 16 episodes, batgirl's huge head) but its gotten better

from what ive heard, season 2, and the season finale of one are really good, and supposedly the new riddler is the best yet! (damn wb, not airing them)

gogoedward
04-12-2005, 12:36 AM
actually i wouldnt be surprised ot see harley quinn in the future,

joker at first was totally psycho looking, but in the recent episodes (well ever since the season one finale) he had a costume change, now instead of a straight jacket hes got a suit-esque thingy

so im thinking this is a concious decision on jeff matsuda, to make the character (one of th emost ocmplex characters of all comics) to grow over tim e, he couldnt ALWAYS be the way we think of him

on the topic of cosplay, after seeing the new joker design (nto the crazy straight jacket but his new suit) ive been considering it since mr.freeze is waaaaaaaaaay to hard for me, i just odnt like make up

and if i showed up at a comic book con dressed as the new joker, id probably be attacked (those old school fans just hate this show for some reason, i think its cus they are expecting more of the same from the old show)

MrRetsej
04-12-2005, 06:35 AM
and if i showed up at a comic book con dressed as the new joker, id probably be attacked (those old school fans just hate this show for some reason, i think its cus they are expecting more of the same from the old show)

Attacked? Naw. Most comic geeks are far too passive agressive and wimpy to actually attack you.

But on sheer principle I'd have to pelt you with moldy tomatos for promoting the worst translation of the Batman mythos to date (yes, even worse than the Adam West take).

How is this series the worst? Well, ALL the character designs blow limp floppy monkey appendages best left unmentioned, but the worst has to be the damn writing. Here's an example from the Bane episode...

Alfred enters the batcave with a tray of some foodstuff while Bats is working on some stupid battle suit thingy:
Alfred: "Master Bruce, I've brought you your.... Nachos"

Morgan

MrRetsej
04-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Oh, and the new Riddler looks like Marilyn Manson. That just does not fly.

Besides, I hate Marilyn Manson cause he's the lucky bastard thats most likely going to marry the scrumptious Dita Von Teese.

Damn I'm envious. :untrust:

Morgan

gogoedward
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
i guess im the only one who enjoys this show for what it is, as opposed to what people want it to be

the writing is yes horrible, bu some of the episodes have been good,