PDA

View Full Version : chouji cosplay(possible Naruto spoiler)

Leif_405
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
i am just now catching up on naruto...it is a shame i know...but i passed the fight between creepy lvl 2 dude and chouji...and i thought it was kewl how his appearence changed after taking the pill i wanted to cosplay as him...which would also help me get started on another cosplay(but that will be for later)...so wut i am asking is i need color pictures of him after he changes (from as many angles as possible)...and any patterns or hints as to how to make the costume( i dont sew...i need to learn...)...thnx guys

Mesoian
04-04-2005, 11:22 PM
i am just now catching up on naruto...it is a shame i know...but i passed the fight between creepy lvl 2 dude and chouji...and i thought it was kewl how his appearence changed after taking the pill i wanted to cosplay as him...which would also help me get started on another cosplay(but that will be for later)...so wut i am asking is i need color pictures of him after he changes (from as many angles as possible)...and any patterns or hints as to how to make the costume( i dont sew...i need to learn...)...thnx guys

Shenron: "AS YOU WISH!!!!"

Mild Spoiler warning.

Leif_405
04-04-2005, 11:36 PM
lol...he doesnt look that skinny in the manga ver....maybe the camera took off another 20 lbs instead of putting it on...thnx...keep the stuffs keep guys it is a big help...now i go to sleep night night

DivineSage
04-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah, it's the same costume, he's just thinner. The jutsu eats up his body fat. Anyway, it's pretty simple. just a beigh (sp?) shirt, green jacket, white scarf, and black pants, which you can buy. Then you can get some red acrylic paint and paint the design on his shirt. Simple enough.

Leif_405
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
kewl...thnx alot

Leif_405
04-05-2005, 08:36 PM
lol...maybe i could even do the kewl chakra butterfly wings...that might be hard tho...hmmm...i will think about it...lol

Buster
04-20-2005, 04:41 PM
For the Chakra butterfly wings you make a wire frame, then get tissue paper in different shades of blue, rip it up and paper mache it to the wire frame (and itself partially, to fill in between the wire). You'll have to wear a sign that says "please don't glomp the wings" though, cuz they'll be really delicate.
Don't you wish that Americans could lose weght that quick? sheesh....

Leif_405
04-20-2005, 07:53 PM
lol...yeah but it might kill us cuz we dont kave the kewl medical jutsu's and stuff that they do in naruto...

Buster
04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah, carb-free my ass.... you think Chouji will just gain it all back as soon as he gets ahold of another bag of chips? After all, his chubbiness obviously hereditary. Look at his dad for goodness sake! He's like a beached whale!
I like your avatar, by the way, but is it just me, or does it look disturbingy Jennifer Lopez-esque? I mean what's Rock Lee doing? He's either sleeping in a very uncomfortable position, being tortured, or....uh....*long, long pause*... never mind.

ChrowX
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Well.. the reason his slims down so much and changes so much in appearance, as OokamiTsuki pointed out, is the Akimichi clan stores their chakra and energy as body fat. The food Pill ups that energy signifigantly and since it's on a time limit he's burning up chakra at an accelerated rate so he's probably losing weight by the second

Hence the smaller, more bad ass chouji. It's a little more friendly to skinnier cosplayers, since he actually turns out to be awesome and not just comic relief. I've only seen a few decent Chouji cosplay and I usually congratulate those people since there are a huge number of over looked characters. What about the Kage? I've seen maybe 2 at most!

Uzzumakii
04-25-2005, 10:16 PM
If you have trouble finding skinny Chouji pictures, you can always use the regular Chougi pictures as reference since he doesn't change clothes just body size. ^_^

SPOILER: If you read the manga, you'll know Chouji gained it back immidiately. Ino was quite disappointed.

Buster
04-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Darn, he was cool as a scrawny chicken-legged badass. And as for the manga, I'm getting to it! Sheesh.

Leif_405
04-27-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah i was knida hoping he would stay skinny for part 2 but oh well maybe he and ino will get together and she will convince him to slim down...wonder wut his new outfit will be...?

Buster: it is rock lee doing the flashdance movie water danceing thingy...i saw it and thought it would be funny so i changed to it from my mario mushroom...lol

Buster
05-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh, I thought it might be something kind of...uh, odd and a bit dirty. If you'll pardon my saying so. Is there an animated version that I can watch? I could use a laugh.