PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! Rooms already gone!!

Killmesarah
04-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I just wanted to let people know, I called around to get a hotel today and EVERY HOTEL besides the 2-3 expensive ones are SOLD OUT! I can't believe how fast they went!!
I finally booked one at the Baltimore Marriot Inner Harbor for $189 a night, but they can't guarentee me double beds!!
Is anyone else having hotel issues??
-S

Dr.Emmett Brown
04-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey I had the same problem here. I called around and all the mid-range priced hotels were booked. The next best option for me was the Baltimore Marriot Inner Harbor for $189 a night. And just as you said they couldn't guarentee me 2 double beds either. All I can say to everyone is... GET YOUR ROOMS WHILE YOU CAN!!!
-Doc

Zelda1986
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
HA HA! You have to call ahead in like January...I'm not kidding! That sux for u guys. There is a nice suite hotel down route 91, I belive it is part of the Hilton chain, only 3 miles from otakon

SushiKuroneko
04-10-2005, 12:08 AM
-_-;; I have almost the same problem..since I'm too poor to afford some "expensive 5-star hotel"...

..and I don't feel like driving back to my house every night at like 3am and going back down to baltimore at 7am (that's about...1hour sleep for us xD)...

I think the thing that's making me the most angry is, that Otakon hasn't even started up their pre-registration...

Nyoko
04-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Oh ya ou really need to book ahead of time to get a room. I forgot to do so this year...

so not I have a 1 king sized bed at the sharaton for like $450 for both nights...

bunnygirl186
04-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Dont worry though the marriot is really nice...i got my hotel back in Jan and we still chose there because its close and not too expensiveand we had good experiences with them last year. Last year we had the same problem with the not being able to have double beds but when you check in i believe you can ask for one of those lil transportable beds...they arent the most comfortable but better than the floor.

Star_Angel
04-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah we called for our rooms back before christmas and a bunch of the hotels were sold out already but so we jumped at the first hotel we could find with a room! So were all set for Otakon! Yay!

Giant Alucard
04-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm going to call in today for a room at the marriot, so hopefully there are still some rooms left.

zephy
04-11-2005, 04:09 PM
In the middle of last week (The 5th maybe?) I called and reserved a room at the Wyndham ($139/night I think). They still had rooms then, but only "Deluxe Queen" rooms with a single Queen bed. Seeing as there will only be 2 people in my room, I didn't hesitate to get it. There's too many times that I've been screwed out of going to Otakon -_-

UsagiNoSenshi
04-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Just got a room at the radison! Lucky da ne!

Cyber Wolf
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I just reserved a room there right now! O.O it was only <b>$5</b> more a night than the otakon rate(which was $169/night), AND it comes with free breakfast at the hotel restaurant the mornings you stay of up to $10 bucks per person. So run, run and reserve~~~

It wasn't cheap cheap, but it beats staying at a more expensive hotel...plus it is close >> <<

xGoDdEsSxNaGix
04-13-2005, 12:58 PM
ahh..damn i was planning on booking like this week..is the inner harbor full..please say no...l,l

orchidsnv
04-18-2005, 11:18 AM
On Thursday (14th) I booked a room at the Otakon rate at the Radisson and I had no trouble. Still, I'd say call as soon as possible since hotels do fill up quickly. Good luck!

Mistress_Aine
04-18-2005, 11:42 AM
On the Otakon website they just added some hotels at the otakon rate. I suggest checking it out.

Chiri
04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
My friends and I booked at the Raddisson MONTHS ago...@,@ A reeeally long time ago. I hope people can find rooms!

Fantasy Chick
04-26-2005, 09:49 AM
O.O WOW....I should prolly get a room like now....We were at the Whydham two years ago it was great there but looks like its booked....I dont think the Raddison is booked yet.....but it almost is says the otakon site...and that doesnt mean that the regular rate rooms arent sold out as well... I will prolly have room for a random person to join as well.....but not sure yet....

lemming
04-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I booked my room late but still found a good deal for the Brookshire, about 2 1/2 blocks from the convention center. (Granted I got a suite due to my 'Swiss Family Cosplay'.) If you have a AAA card it's even better. If there are lot of people looking to share a room it might a possibility.

BubonicMoose
05-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I made my boyfriend book us a room at the Wyndham like, immediately. He thought I was crazy to want to get a room so early (back in jan.) but I guess I was right after all! I hope everyone here can get rooms. Last year we stayed at a crummy Motel 6 like 30 miles away from the convention. We had to walk to the Light Rail (which is closed this year!), fully costumed, in the blazing August sun. It sucked. :P

Edit: This is user's girlfriend hi-jacking his S/N. ^_^

SailorAndromeda
05-11-2005, 09:17 PM
We just tried calling the Hyatt, and they said the Otakon block is full. I'm mad, because the Otakon site says NOTHING about it being even close to full! We have AAA, but for four adults, the room is $304.15 a night! ARRRRGh! >_<

I would've booked earlier, but we just tonight decided we could go. Suck.

MinekaC
06-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Hrmm, well I got a nice double for 130 a night ten blocks from the con just this morning, so I'm happy. I'm not happy that'll be 150 a person for the three of us right now, which is why I'm looking for some other people (two or so) to split the cost with; but hey, you get what you can get this late int he game.

treasure_chan
06-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Hrmm, well I got a nice double for 130 a night ten blocks from the con just this morning, so I'm happy. I'm not happy that'll be 150 a person for the three of us right now, which is why I'm looking for some other people (two or so) to split the cost with; but hey, you get what you can get this late int he game.

Holy crap, what hotel was that?

UsagiNoSenshi
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
ugh worst thing ever! The hotel "lost" or reservation @_@ we booked a back up just in case, and are going to try to get this worked out in the morning. The raddison is evil >:E

Chiri
06-20-2005, 10:07 PM
UsagiNoSenshi: Yikes! How did you find out that The Radisson lost your reservation? I am curious because we booked a double in The Radisson way back in January...

UsagiNoSenshi
06-20-2005, 11:15 PM
we hadn't gotten an email confromation from them so we called them to see what was up, and they said hey! we don't have a reservation for you! @_@ which is bad cause they got my bf's credit card info and everything...

Chiri
06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Eep! Oh, okay, we got a confirmation email. Hope everything works out and if it does, probably see you around the hotel XD!