PDA

View Full Version : Buffyverse cosplayers?

Yummi Sushi
04-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi! I hope to attend D*C for the first time this year, along with a small group. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Buffyverse cosplay? Nothing is set in stone thus far. I'd like to do dark willow, but I could also do Buffy. I have a friend who swears he will dye his hair bleach blonde and don the character of Spike (weeee!) Let me repeat...nothing in stone...but I would definitely love to hear if their are going to be any Buffyverse fans there!

'ta!

fightstar
04-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi! I hope to attend D*C for the first time this year, along with a small group. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Buffyverse cosplay? Nothing is set in stone thus far. I'd like to do dark willow, but I could also do Buffy. I have a friend who swears he will dye his hair bleach blonde and don the character of Spike (weeee!) Let me repeat...nothing in stone...but I would definitely love to hear if their are going to be any Buffyverse fans there!

'ta!

Well I know there is a "Buffy Prom" that will be going on. Are you linking up with that function as well or just doing something seperate? Personally, I would like to go a Charles Gunn myself. I wouldn't know which version to thought. Thug from the streets Angel season 1 or Wolfram & Heart season 4 or 5? Choices choices.

Dr.Noe
04-08-2005, 01:11 AM
I'd be down for that. the only thing(s) I could probably pull off would be Xander. . . maybe Giles.

Yummi Sushi
04-08-2005, 05:22 AM
A "Buffy Prom," eh? Sounds like fun! fightstar, Gunn would be a great addition. Hard to choose between suave L.A. lawyer Gunn or straight-from-the-street Gunn. Personally, I think the briefcase adds to the sex appeal. ^_~

Dr. Noe, either a Xander or a Giles would be welcome! There's just something sexy about tweed.... =D

edit: About the Buffy Prom, I couldn't find any info about it on the site. Could you share whatever info you have, please? Thanks!

fightstar
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
This is where I first heard word of a "Buffy Prom".
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=39783

I didn't find anything at www.dragoncon.org, but they do have a "buffy track"
http://www.dragoncon.org/es_tracks.htm#BUFF

Yummi Sushi
04-09-2005, 01:12 AM
I didn't find anything at www.dragoncon.org, but they do have a "buffy track"
http://www.dragoncon.org/es_tracks.htm#BUFF

Sweet!

I guess I missed out on the prom-thingy last year. Too bad they couldn't do a Bronze dance or something of that nature.

Dr.Noe
04-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Either or, for me. I can pull off Giles' hairline or Xander's tuft.

Yummi Sushi
04-11-2005, 02:47 AM
This will be the first time I have ever been to D*C...so, what is the Buffy Horror Picture Show? xD

Dr.Noe
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, if I had to take a stab at it, I'd imagine it being something akin to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

reannaremick
04-16-2005, 01:27 AM
It is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, only they play the Buffy Musical and have actors doing it in front just like live performances of RHPS. It's a lot of fun to participate in/watch. There was a mini BHPS at the Great Buffy Hootenanny last November that was so fun.

As far as Buffyverse/Whedonverse goes, I'm not doing any Buffy cosplay but I will be doing anywhere from 1-3 Firefly cosplays.

Dr.Noe
04-16-2005, 10:51 AM
It is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, only they play the Buffy Musical and have actors doing it in front just like live performances of RHPS. It's a lot of fun to participate in/watch. There was a mini BHPS at the Great Buffy Hootenanny last November that was so fun.

As far as Buffyverse/Whedonverse goes, I'm not doing any Buffy cosplay but I will be doing anywhere from 1-3 Firefly cosplays.

I figured that was the case. Since I'm already an expert in the ways of RHPS (do it every Sat.), BHPS should be a breeze. Especially since what Buffy fan doesn't have "once more" memorized?
Who're you pulling off for your (I'm sure to be) faboolous Firefly costumes?

reannaremick
04-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Who're you pulling off for your (I'm sure to be) faboolous Firefly costumes?

I already have a Kaylee, I'm about.....60% through with my (white) Zoe, and I'm hoping hoping hoping I will have enough money/time to make a Helen costume. Don't feel bad for not knowing who that is, lol, we had to search for the scripts to find out her name cause it's never said. Helen is the blond whore in Heart of Gold who spends most of the episode with Jayne. I'm gonna talk to Adam at StarFury in 2 weeks and see IF I do Helen if he will reenact the infamous "hair brushing" scene with me at Dragon Con for a picture. Heh. Also if they ever decide whether or not the Browncoat Ball is going to be at Dragon Con (which they REALLY should have it there now that Joss is coming) I will attempt to do Kaylee's dress from Shindig. No promises, but I'll try, heh.

Dr.Noe
04-18-2005, 09:18 PM
How extraordinarily cool. Can't wait to see them. I'm still working on my list for D*Con. I have 2 confirmed, with the decision of whether to do Giles or Xander. I think I'm leaning more towards Giles.
We should have some sort of meeting place for us Buffy craziheads if'n we get enough. But I would hafta be told the details as this will be my first D*Con and have no idea where anything is.

Yummi Sushi
04-20-2005, 07:20 PM
It's my first D-con, too. I really hope that by the time we get ready to reserve a room, that there are still some available in the Marion or Hyatt.

Giles would be great! I should have my black contact lenses for Dark Willow tomorrow, I'm so excited about them! (Thinking about wearing them to work one night... >^.^<) I'm still talking my bf into cosplaying in a Buffy group. I told him to do Xander..it's so easy. He could bring his arsenal of yellow crayons. xD

I really need to watch Firefly, but I just spent the last bit of my money on Fruits basket manga. I'll have to wait a little while longer. ='(

I hope Joss will be up for taking pics with people.

fightstar
04-22-2005, 12:54 PM
It's my first D-con, too. I really hope that by the time we get ready to reserve a room, that there are still some available in the Marion or Hyatt.

Giles would be great! I should have my black contact lenses for Dark Willow tomorrow, I'm so excited about them! (Thinking about wearing them to work one night... >^.^<) I'm still talking my bf into cosplaying in a Buffy group. I told him to do Xander..it's so easy. He could bring his arsenal of yellow crayons. xD

I really need to watch Firefly, but I just spent the last bit of my money on Fruits basket manga. I'll have to wait a little while longer. ='(

I hope Joss will be up for taking pics with people.

By the time we get ready??? Who are you waiting on? I have my room reserved about a month ago. I would do it now while you can. I know some people drop out close to D*Con, but I don't know how long the wait list is. Point is I wanta' see you there at D*Con! So whom ever you are waiting on tell em' to get in gear girlfriend!! lol

:square:

Yummi Sushi
04-23-2005, 02:00 AM
By the time we get ready??? Who are you waiting on? I have my room reserved about a month ago. I would do it now while you can. I know some people drop out close to D*Con, but I don't know how long the wait list is. Point is I wanta' see you there at D*Con! So whom ever you are waiting on tell em' to get in gear girlfriend!! lol

I know!!!! I hate waiting till the last minute because of others! I harp on my guys (all of my nearby friends are guys for some reason...) to get in gear but the thing is #1- I am a tiny person who couldn't make anyone actually do anything (imagine a chihuahua yipping at your ankles...this is me) and #2- we have one person who may not be able to go because of money issues and one that may not be able to get the time off because he can't request time off this much in advance. So, that's half our group. We've invited a new girl to go with us, but still no answer from her or her bf....

But I have decided that I AM going no matter what. Even if I have to bum a room from someone! ^_^;; Hopefully, it wont be a stranger's room, though. I know my ex-roomie from college is going with her sis...maybe she'll let me stay with her.

Is there really a waiting list?? I thought that last year there were rooms still available right up till con-time.

JasonTD
04-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Just popping into the thread to say hi! Pretty much every year I drag my various Giles costumes back out. I've done librarian Giles, fiesta Giles, Once More With Feeling Giles, etc, etc, etc. I was in charge of coordinating the Buffy Prom last year but decided not to be on staff this year because I wanted the opportunity to just enjoy the con without getting stressed over work. I'm not sure whether they're repeating the prom this year, but I'd love to be able to go to it as an attendee.

I'm sure I'll have some incarnation of Giles again this year, and Reanna has twisted my arm a few times to have a Mal (Firefly) costume, so that might happen as well. I'll also be Hartigan from Sin City at some point and Magneto from Marvel 1602.

Yummi Sushi
04-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Just popping into the thread to say hi! Pretty much every year I drag my various Giles costumes back out. I've done librarian Giles, fiesta Giles, Once More With Feeling Giles, etc, etc, etc. I was in charge of coordinating the Buffy Prom last year but decided not to be on staff this year because I wanted the opportunity to just enjoy the con without getting stressed over work. I'm not sure whether they're repeating the prom this year, but I'd love to be able to go to it as an attendee.

Uh oh. Daddy's home. I'm in wicked trouble now. =D

I would love to see you there as Giles! I hope we can all get pics together. ^_^

Yummi Sushi
06-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Ok, it's been a little while since I was here, I apologize! I now have my wig and lenses for dark willow. I've been experimenting with the make-up and am doing pretty well with it I think. I am pretty satisfied with the neck up that has become dark willow so far. I just really wish I could afford the scleral lenses that cover most of the eye and are more accurate. I will scan in some pics as soon as I can get my lazy bf to take some of me. The rest of her will come along in good time. =)

Meanwhile, I have fell in love with yet another Joss Whedon creation. I finally watched Firefly; finished almost the whole thing in a day. ^^;;
It was such a great series. Now I'm subjecting my friends to it!

HelenaInvictus
06-02-2005, 07:51 PM
As long as I don't have to mess up my red leather pants for the Star Wars cosplay I'm doing, I intend to go in Buffy's red leather pants outfit at some point during Dragoncon. I just hope my hair is longer by then. Sucks for growing it out >.<

Bevandera
06-15-2005, 11:18 PM
This is actually perfect...I'm going to Dragon*Con this year, I've never made a costume before, but I can *definitely* pull off Angel. Lemme know if you have any suggestions on which outfit I should use...

Nevernaut
06-16-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm thinking I might bring back my Puppet Angel from last year, since Joss is going to be there. I'd kill to get a picture of the two of them together.

I dunno, though. He requires a lot of care in the traveling from Philly to Atlanta

Yummi Sushi
06-17-2005, 04:38 AM
Bevandera: Wow! From your pic, you look just like David B.! Angel's outfits are pretty simple. He often wears that long leather coat and a button-down shirt. He did wear leather pants occassionally, but that was more Angelus' thing. (Which would also be a lot of fun. ^_^) I seem to recall early-Angel wearing a wife-beater shirt and gold chain. I think any of those would be great, but his short trenchcoat is classic.

Nevernaut: Your puppet is adorable! If you bring it, I would love to get a pic with it, pretty please! ^^

My friend has backed out of bleaching his hair for Spike, which I don't blame him. But this now leaves us Spikeless unless someone else feels up to it. I don't think I will be doing Buffy at this con since I plan on dying my hair brunette. I think I may try to do a Season 5 Fred instead, I'll just have to see how I feel about my new hair. O.o;; ....Or I may just completely chicken out of coloring it.... *nervous already*

Edit: I just popped into the Buffy track page and it looks like the Buffy Prom is on!