PDA

View Full Version : Skit Voting

Ranma Saotome
01-09-2003, 12:45 PM
At Animazement, I was told that the judges are to vote mostly on walk on roles. I know that voting isn't all that important, but isn't that an unfair advantage, especially to those who have a prepared skit? I mean, if you're judging, shouldn't judge skits and walk-ons equally?

BlackDelo
01-09-2003, 01:55 PM
That is unfair. At FanimeCon they keep the walk-ons and skits seperate when awards are given out.

Hikaruchan
01-09-2003, 02:03 PM
At AZ, at least some of the judging wasn't just for walkon as there was no way the bishonen hunters or escaflowne group would have won based just on costume. Its was because of the amusing skit of bishonen hunters that earned them award, and I guess judge liked the escaflowne group's singing.

Ranma Saotome
01-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Hikaruchan, that had to be it, cuz I was at the gripe session. Phil told us that the judges are to judge mostly on walk-ons. If I cosplayed just to compete, that would royally piss me off. I mean, there should be an equal balance onthe judging.

And between you and me, that singing Escaflowne skit was way out of left center... I'm still trying to figure how that won. O.o

Hikaruchan
01-09-2003, 04:53 PM
It was just a judge's award that Escaflowne group won, that can be awarded based on judge's personal whims. So I guessed that that judge liked their singing, personally didn't do much for me. Another judges award went to a highly inaccurate Clow Cards group - just shook my head and moved on.

Ranma Saotome
01-09-2003, 07:33 PM
I'll say it once and I'll say it again... "Sometimes the world just stopped making sense to me."