PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com gathering... Anyone interested?

Neo Dave
04-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I had sorta posted this in the "Who's going to DC", but thought it would be better on it's own.

I don't know if it's been done before, but does anyone want to get together at some point and time to all hang out. I know Al and Lionel would love to get pics and they are always up for eating. West Side, East Side and everyone in between? The more the merrier I always say. :bigtu:

Just a thought,

Dave

fightstar
04-08-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm down! This is my first D*Con and first con of any kind. So this year, for me atleast it's Dragon Con or bust. I will be staying at the Marriott so I will be close to the con itself. Other than that.....I got nothin'. Well, back to making my uniform.

AshleyV
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I most definatly would love to! It is also a great chance to get to know people from c.com

Snow White
04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I know my friend and I would be up for it.

halafax
04-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Give me a where and when, and hopefull I can do it. Not that I have any idea what I have planned for con. Its best to make it up as you go along.

Dany
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
If it doesn't get in the way of the Dawn contest? Sure why not...

I'm game for some social time :D

fightstar
04-14-2005, 02:45 PM
If it doesn't get in the way of the Dawn contest? Sure why not...

I'm game for some social time :D

I just wanted to say, "Damn you make a good Lotor!". Now that's outta' the way. What day are we going to do this meet up? I plan on getting there on Thursday at the Marriott. I know not alot happens on Thursday, but that is why I am getting to D*Con then so I can chill a bit and scout the land. It's my first Con, ever, after all.

:skidude2:

Neo Dave
04-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't think everyone can make Thursday night, so that would be unlikely. Are there any DC vets that can recommend an evening that isn't too busy?

Cynthia
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm definitely interested!

fightstar
04-15-2005, 10:07 PM
So that is what....atleast 7 people so far. Lets keep the ball rollin'! After all it's on a 130 something odd days until D*Con.

reannaremick
04-15-2005, 10:51 PM
As long as it doesn't interfere with my "stalk Joss Whedon" schedule I'll be there. *praises whatever eldergods delivered Joss to Dragon Con*

Yummi Sushi
04-15-2005, 11:29 PM
As long as it doesn't interfere with my "stalk Joss Whedon" schedule I'll be there. *praises whatever eldergods delivered Joss to Dragon Con*

Amen!!! xD
Is he really going to be there?!?!? *dies*
I would love to meet some of you since I missed the meetup at Megacon!

fightstar
04-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Lets see that would make it 9 people for our little gathering. Getting bigger by the posting :P

Dany
04-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I just wanted to say, "Damn you make a good Lotor!"

Thank you :) And all goes well, this costume will go to DragonCon :) I just have to figure out logistics and what day....

*mutters something about travelling with costumes*

TechieCL
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
DC is just so massive and insane (in the good way), I can't guarentee I'll be there, but I can try to make it.

Best place to meet would probably be in the evening Friday or Sat in the Fan table area of the Marriot. That place is pretty empty after the dealer's room closes, and no body would be battling the massive crowds around the Hyatt Bar.

Its also a good assemble area for any cosplay groups for forays into the Hyatt Bar area . The Bar area tends to be where cosplayers go to show off their costumes to the crowds.

kitsunered
04-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mind meeting up with people, but planning anything in the evening on Saturday or Sunday isn't going to work for a lot of us. Friday night would probably be best, as it doesn't conflict with either the Dawn contest or the Masquerade, and it's not Thursday, so everyone should be there.

That's my $0.02 anyway.

-K

Kandascending
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Well if it's Friday night, I won't be able to make it...that's when The Evening at Bree is and there's a costume contest I really wanted to enter during that.

It might be a good idea to just hold off on the deciding an exact time until we get closer to D-con. I know there's a Sailor Moon gathering planned for after the parade on Saturday, most of them are from cosplay.com too, why don't we try for some time around then?

Also, Dany...if that costume makes it to Dcon I will be the happiest little Voltron fangirl ever. I've been wanting to make a Lance costume for the longest time but I never saw Voltron cosplayed so I figured I should hold off. You have given me new inspiration. ^_^

fightstar
04-20-2005, 03:22 PM
If this post gets any bigger we are going to have to make a part 1 and 2 "Cosplay.com" meeting. It's an idea anyway. :P Althought I have to agree with "Yotan" about waiting until D*Con is a little closer until a date is final.

Now if I can just keep count of all the people. Aw, heck, keep the fans comin' we will just have to take over the place! LOL

Neo Dave
05-04-2005, 01:42 AM
We don't have to agree on a date as yet. Just wanted to get the idea out and a general census. Never hurts to get an early start. It's only four months away, but who's counting? :jjacks:

fightstar
05-05-2005, 04:32 PM
We don't have to agree on a date as yet. Just wanted to get the idea out and a general census. Never hurts to get an early start. It's only four months away, but who's counting? :jjacks:

This is true! It's just that we are all excited about D*Con. Well, Here is to the 100+ odd something days left until we all meet.

:drink:

Ragresen
05-09-2005, 05:55 AM
The problem with planning a Meet at Dragon con is the sheer size of the Con. Sat and Sun Evening revolve totally around the Dawn Contest (Sat) and The Masqurade (Sun). That means either watching, entering or just being in the Hyatt lobby showing off your own costume as a crowd is allways drawn due to the contests and the number of folks turing up in costume just because of the crowds. Also lets not forget about the Room parties for those who can find them and are able to legally drink.

Now I will be present as long as it does not interfere with my plans and that is going between my costumes and 501st things. DC is big for me this year as I will actually do some of my Star Wars costumes unlike I normally do in recent years.

SolarVortex
05-09-2005, 09:04 PM
... Could be fun. Yeah. I might have to see about that.

Trowa Strife
05-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Heck, why not, I'll go. Where and when?

Trowa Strife
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM

I'm probably going to be beat down for this, but who is Joss Whedon?? :eeek:

reannaremick
05-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm probably going to be beat down for this, but who is Joss Whedon?? :eeek:

http://www.dragoncon.org/people/whedonj.html

It's understandable if you don't know him by name, but I'm hoping that after reading the bio you'll understand the tidal wave of people that will be there this year to see him. The madness >.< Esp since he might only be able to come one day.

Dany
05-25-2005, 12:49 PM
The problem with planning a Meet at Dragon con is the sheer size of the Con. Sat and Sun Evening revolve totally around the Dawn Contest (Sat) and The Masqurade (Sun).

...and Saturday will be eaten by the Dawn contest for me...*yie!* No Masquerade entering for me, but I'm probably going to wear either my Mina costume or my D costume...

I don't know which though, and I suppose I should decide so I can deal with my packing arrangements. *yeek!*

I just had a thought...is there a Cosplay.com group marching in the Parade?

sarabug
06-03-2005, 10:27 AM
dragoncon is such a whirlwind of a weekend, it's so hard to schedule anything and manage to get everyone together at once....but i've found that trying to gather for a lunchtime type meeting in the food court is usually somewhat more successful....perhaps we should steer in that direction....

Hikaruchan
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I just had a thought...is there a Cosplay.com group marching in the Parade?

Most likely. The size of the group will probably depend on if the parade and anime contest are stuck too close time-wise again like last year. I had to sit out the parade due to costume. A subset of us are talking about doing a FMA officer group in parade this year.

Carmila
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
The best thing to do would be to do it like last year- enter into the parade! Heck that way we can all walk in the parade and have a get together at the same time. How about that?

stargate_84
06-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm game for anything!!

reannaremick
06-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll be marching with the Firefly folks in the parade, and most c.com folks I think are grouped off into other genres like LOTR, Star Wars, Wheel of Time, etc.

AshleyV
07-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll be marching with the Firefly folks in the parade, and most c.com folks I think are grouped off into other genres like LOTR, Star Wars, Wheel of Time, etc.

I believe that I will be marching with the Rebel Legion for the parade. I do know that I will be entering in the anime costume contest but the Dawn contest is still up in the air. It all depends on if I finish my Dawn costume or not.

fightstar
07-06-2005, 11:24 PM
If all goes well and I get all my items made/together I will be in the parade as well. I will be marching with Cobra Cares 21st Infantry. Not to bad to be marching in the parade, even for my first Con ever, I think.

AmazonMandy
07-07-2005, 12:18 AM
May i ask when the parade is? I'd be down with meeting everyone then! And don't kill me here...whats the Dawn contest? Obviously not something i am keen on LOL!

Ragresen
07-07-2005, 06:28 AM
The Parade is Saturday Morning and the Dawn contest is a look alike contest to the Comic character Called Dawn. there is a cash prize for first I believe.

fightstar
07-07-2005, 08:32 AM
May i ask when the parade is? I'd be down with meeting everyone then! And don't kill me here...whats the Dawn contest? Obviously not something i am keen on LOL!

My you are an Amazon aren't you :bigtu: !!! Love your cosplay Ms. AmazoMandy, love it! Yes the Parade is on Saturday morning about 9 am I believe. Check the dragoncon.org site for more info on the matter. I know my group, Cobra Cares 21st Infantry, will be marching to the parade meeting area. Yeah, marching to a meeting point to march in a parade, yes we are total show offs :skidude2: ! I do hope to get a chance to meet all of you before the parade, but we all do what we have to do. The price we pay for looking cool and fashionably L33T! lol

Koumori
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Here's a little more information on the Dawn contest: http://dragoncon.org/dc_contests.htm#Dawn

AmazonMandy
07-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Ah cool! Thank you so much, Fightstar! ^o^ I would love to meet people then...i am not done with my outfits for the con though, i'll post them when done...i'll be...um...hard to miss.... >.>;;;;

JiggyJigen
07-10-2005, 04:47 AM
ill try and make it, ^^ me and my buddy whos going with me that is!

Neo Dave
07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll either be marching with Colonialmarines.net or SG-Command.net.

a-tastic
07-15-2005, 02:23 PM
i'm all kinds of up for a cosplay.com gathering @ dragoncon...and the parade? i want to march in it, totally. think they'll have a xxxholic or sleepy hollow group?

have they posted the events list of eevvverrrything yet? i can't find it on the site, but then i couldn't find it last year, either.

TechieCL
07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Here's the official Dragon-Con parade yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dc_parade/

Join and they automatically send you the rules and sign up forms. And at the group you can ask to see what groups their are etc.

Cynthia
07-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh, don't count me out on stalkage of Joss Whedon. I missed out on DB at SDCC (couldn't go at the last minute), but I'm not missing this.

Cosplay.com representing the parade would be nice.

Might I suggest 2 gatherings since everyones schedule is different? Who ever can't make it to one, can show up to the other. Or both!

AshleyV
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh, don't count me out on stalkage of Joss Whedon. I missed out on DB at SDCC (couldn't go at the last minute), but I'm not missing this.

Cosplay.com representing the parade would be nice.

Might I suggest 2 gatherings since everyones schedule is different? Who ever can't make it to one, can show up to the other. Or both!

I agree with Cynthia. Two gatherings would be much better. DragonCon is so huge and there is so much going on that not everyone would be able to get one time when everyone will be together. With two gatherings that would increase the percentage of people who would be able to put a name with a face from people on cosplay.com

Eurobeat King
07-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Since it looks like I will be the only c.com moderator attending Dragoncon 2005, I will be super-busy taking pics on all 4 days, and won't have time to form a gathering or participate in the parade. Like last year I'll be taking pics of the various cosplay groups before the parade starts, and then during when each group passes by. I'm not sure if anyone still has the cosplay.com banner from last year, but if anyone plans to use it again, go for it. :) It seems like though, that certain members will be walking with their favorite sci-fi/fantasy/comic group in the parade.

Darth Takeo
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Hope to see you around, Al! :bigtu:

I'm sure the Team would be up for a gathering....

tabbybunhead
07-27-2005, 03:44 PM
give me the time and place.As long as it does not get in the way of the masquerade or the dawn look a like contest.I am good.

I have no plans to stalk Joss,now if Aly Hannigan was going to be there I woud go ahead and make arrangements with the bail boundsman. lol

Tabby

TheWickedOne
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I'll either be marching with Colonialmarines.net or SG-Command.net.

this is my first time using cosplay.com, but not the first time veiwing, and definately not a dragon*con virgin, so i'm definately down for meeting some of the people whose costumes i've come to admire. when infact you do settle on a time and place let me know. can't promise you that i won't want to drink though, this is the only real vacation i take all year and i use that to it's end...

QueenAleta
08-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm up for a gathering. I was hoping that there would be a cosplay.com group for the parade. Being that my main costume is Lum I'm not likely to find a bunch of other related costumes.

YunaheartsVivi
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I can try to make it if someone can set up a when and where.

And as far as a non busy night to meet.... Such a thing does not exist. There is something happening at D*Con from start to end. But we can squeeze something in I'm sure <3

Eurobeat King
08-08-2005, 03:05 PM
It looks like there will be a cosplay.com gathering, and for now here's the details:

DAY: Saturday, September 3rd
TIME: Immediately following the parade
LOCATION: 1st floor lobby of Marriott hotel (near HOTEL registration)

The parade usually ends at the back-side of the marriott, so if you're participating, when you return back to the hotel stay in costume, proceed upstairs to the lobby and gather together. We'll wait a little bit for those who are still marching in the parade and then do the big-group photoshoot. (The 501st group is usually last so if anyone is in that group let us know and we'll wait for as long as we can.) I myself will be taking pictures for as long as possible so everyone else may have to gather first. Please wait for me to show up and then we'll gather together for the photoshoot. ;)

For those of you who won't be marching or watching the parade but wish to be in the gathering, go to the marriott in the early afternoon and wait for us. At this time, I don't know what time the parade will end (it starts at noon??) so just keep an eye out for a large group of cosplayers and people entering from the lower level at the backside of the marriott. That'll be an indication the parade participants have returned.

It is highly reccomended that you wear a costume to pose for pictures in the gathering. If you have friends who are participating in the parade and in costume but are not cosplay.com members (yet) are welcome to join the the gathering. I may also ask everyone to grab nearby cosplayers (not necc. members) to join in the fun if they're in costume. I myself might wear my EBK outfit for the parade and gathering, but I'm still deciding.

Please reply if you're planning on making it to the gathering, and which costume (if you wish) you plan to wear. Representin' cosplay.com!! :skidude2:

Darth Takeo
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
The Team (myself, Nachtinis, and Darkkyo) should be there as Ghostbusters, as we plan to do in the parade!

vampirate
08-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I'll be running around the con, and should be fairly easy to spot. I've never seen anyone else at any con running around with moogle wings tattooed on their back, and I think they'll show with all of my costumes.

Koumori
08-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I'll do my best to be there, though I haven't the slightest idea which costumes I'll be wearing when. ^_^ My costumes for the weekend are Sae, Relena, Jibrille, Ted, and possibly Hinamori.

guineapiglady
08-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Ooh, yay! I'll be there at the gathering if I make it to the con. I'll be Kikyo.

kelldar
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm doing the 501st thing for the parade, so I'll try to run up there ASAP!

Eurobeat King
08-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Kell: Wearing Mara Jade in the parade? If so, I think they might put the Bounty Hunters AFTER all the Imperial troopers and officers, so you might be at the end of the 501st section.. :thumbsup: But I'll besure to wait for you before we start. ;)

kelldar
08-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Yep, Mara Jade... hehe, at least I can actually run in that costume :D Ash will be in her X-Wing pilot so she'll probably get up there before me, too.

AshleyV
08-09-2005, 05:18 PM
I may be there. It all depends on what time we finish the parade and when the Rebel Legion photoshoot begins.

JiggyJigen
08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Uhm well i dunno what me and Krispy 'Kin are gunna be up to, most likely we'll try and be there though! (since its saturday i'll be as draco malfoy, and i'm not sure about KK though)

kitsunered
08-09-2005, 06:47 PM
It looks like there will be a cosplay.com gathering, and for now here's the details:

TIME: Immediately following the parade
LOCATION: 1st floor lobby of Marriott hotel (near registration)

The parade usually ends at the back-side of the marriott, so if you're participating, when you return back to the hotel stay in costume, proceed upstairs to the lobby and gather together. We'll wait a little bit for those who are still marching in the parade and then do the big-group photoshoot. (The 501st group is usually last so if anyone is in that group let us know and we'll wait for as long as we can.) I myself will be taking pictures for as long as possible so everyone else may have to gather first. Please wait for me to show up and then we'll gather together for the photoshoot. ;)

For those of you who won't be marching or watching the parade but wish to be in the gathering, go to the marriott in the early afternoon and wait for us. At this time, I don't know what time the parade will end (it starts at noon??) so just keep an eye out for a large group of cosplayers and people entering from the lower level at the backside of the marriott. That'll be an indication the parade participants have returned.

It is highly reccomended that you wear a costume to pose for pictures in the gathering. If you have friends who are participating in the parade and in costume but are not cosplay.com members (yet) are welcome to join the the gathering. I may also ask everyone to grab nearby cosplayers (not necc. members) to join in the fun if they're in costume. I myself might wear my EBK outfit for the parade and gathering, but I'm still deciding.

Please reply if you're planning on making it to the gathering, and which costume (if you wish) you plan to wear. Representin' cosplay.com!! :skidude2:

I'll be there, though I have no idea what I'll be wearing at the moment. Just a note, you might want to specify that it's the same area as registration for the Mariott hotel. Con registration is in the Hilton this year and sometimes people confuse easily. :)

-K

Eurobeat King
08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
kitsunered: OK, I'll edit it later. It's pretty simple, tho. Everyone who's in the parade, when done, just go upstairs to the first floor of the Marriott and that's where the gathering will be. ;)

TechieCL
08-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Sweet! I'll try to drag the whole gorram Firefly Parade group up with me ^_^

mocha
08-10-2005, 12:20 AM
kitsunered: OK, I'll edit it later. It's pretty simple, tho. Everyone who's in the parade, when done, just go upstairs to the first floor of the Marriott and that's where the gathering will be. ;)

Excellent...bwahahaha! :devil:

Bevandera
08-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I'll see you guys there...I'll be in costume as Chris from Resident Evil...if I find other Resident Evil people marching in the parade I'll be doing that too :lost:

YunaheartsVivi
08-10-2005, 01:37 AM
I'll be there!

Eurobeat King
08-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Here's a picture of where the gathering will take place:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=196814

It's an overhead picture, but you can see the hotel registration in the picture, and the curved railing is where we'll have the gathering. If we somehow make a biggg crowd, on the opposite side of the escalators (not shown) is a similar open space so we can have it there w/o blocking too much traffic. :)

Neo Dave
08-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Here's a picture of where the gathering will take place:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=196814

It's an overhead picture, but you can see the hotel registration in the picture, and the curved railing is where we'll have the gathering. If we somehow make a biggg crowd, on the opposite side of the escalators (not shown) is a similar open space so we can have it there w/o blocking too much traffic. :)

Thanks for hammering out the details EB! See you there!

fightstar
08-15-2005, 10:31 PM
17 more days. Oh yeah!!

a-tastic
08-15-2005, 11:35 PM
i'll be there, clad as the yuuko from xxxholic with the victorian riding dress from volume 5's cover. wheee!
you can't miss me. i'll have a parasol, riding crop, a gigantic bustle on my skirt, freakishly small tophat with feathers and looking very confused...so, if i wander the wrong direction, someone come and grab me...

Hinoto
08-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll probably be there in something ^^ Just coming down for the day though.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm donw for it! someone jsut give me a time

Toastersix
08-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Nurikochan and I will be there, of course! :D

_T3_
08-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Oooh. I think I'd like to do this too. (Truth be told, it'd be far from my first "off meeting", and this is by and large more organized than my usual method of relying on luck to have me bump into the person I'm meeting by chance. [it's worked for me so far, but still...])

I think I'll try the parade this year, as Vash I think cause it's the only costume I have that's easy to walk around in. I just hope I wake up early enough. Doesn't the parade start at 10? I think that's what the schedule on the site says, anyway... I usually jettison myself from sleep by then anyway.

AshleyV
08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Oooh. I think I'd like to do this too. (Truth be told, it'd be far from my first "off meeting", and this is by and large more organized than my usual method of relying on luck to have me bump into the person I'm meeting by chance. [it's worked for me so far, but still...])

I think I'll try the parade this year, as Vash I think cause it's the only costume I have that's easy to walk around in. I just hope I wake up early enough. Doesn't the parade start at 10? I think that's what the schedule on the site says, anyway... I usually jettison myself from sleep by then anyway.

It is suspose to begin at 10 but the kick off is usually later. Lining up usually begins around 9. I'm sorry that I do not have the exact times because I know of the times the RL are getting together for the Parade.

Eurobeat King
08-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Thanks for everyone who's replied and expressed interest in meeting up for the gathering. Just a reminder again as the con's only 4 days away (5 for the parade n' gathering) so good luck finishing up those costumes, and get to the con safely. :)

Here's the information again for the cosplay.com gathering:

TIME: Immediately after the Dragon-con Parade
REQUIREMENT(S): Please wear a costume

Again, this gathering will be mainly for cosplay.com members and their friends, but if you meet or know cosplayers who are attending Dragoncon and are free after the parade, they are more than welcome to join us, as long as they are wearing a costume.

IF the gathering gets REALLY big, like too big to get everyone together on the Marriott lobby level, then once we're all together, we'll go UP one level via escalator and have it on the 2nd level where there's a LOT of space also. That floor is where there's a restaurant, a lounge area, a nice view of how HIGH up the Marriott goes, and access to the underground shopping center via walkways & tunnels. We'll have the gathering here ONLY if there's a LOT of people (and photographers.) Here's an example of what what we'll be doing & where to go if we have a lot of people.. ;)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=196826

But until we actually gather everyone and see how big a group we have, we'll stick with the original plan and have it on the lobby level for now.
See you all Friday or Saturday! :skidude2:

fightstar
08-30-2005, 06:38 AM
And this is why you are the King! Hopefully, I can make it after the parade since I am marching with Cobra Cares. This means good ole' fightstar will be dressed to impress as a Cobra Trooper. Until then I will go back and to practicing my drill moves I learned back in highschool *shutter*. I hope to see you all in a few days.

HuongStar
08-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Here's the information again for the cosplay.com gathering:

TIME: Immediately after the Dragon-con Parade
REQUIREMENT(S): Please wear a costume

Again, this gathering will be mainly for cosplay.com members and their friends, but if you meet or know cosplayers who are attending Dragoncon and are free after the parade, they are more than welcome to join us, as long as they are wearing a costume.

IF the gathering gets REALLY big, like too big to get everyone together on the Marriott lobby level, then once we're all together, we'll go UP one level via escalator and have it on the 2nd level where there's a LOT of space also. That floor is where there's a restaurant, a lounge area, a nice view of how HIGH up the Marriott goes, and access to the underground shopping center via walkways & tunnels. We'll have the gathering here ONLY if there's a LOT of people (and photographers.) Here's an example of what what we'll be doing & where to go if we have a lot of people.. ;)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=196826

But until we actually gather everyone and see how big a group we have, we'll stick with the original plan and have it on the lobby level for now.
What time is the parade and how long does it usually last?

Eurobeat King
08-30-2005, 11:40 AM
What time is the parade and how long does it usually last?

I think it starts at NOON on Saturday but I'm not sure. Last year everyone assembled at the area several blocks away from the hotel, and then around noon they started the march, one group at a time. From there, I stayed in one spot and took pictures of each group passing by, and then ran like heck back to the hotel, taking pics of the groups again along the way. I think the whole march (once they start) takes about an hour (90 mins. tops) depending on how many groups there are. For the c.com gathering, since there are people who will be in the 501st group (the last one) I will wait until the all return to the hotel before doing the gathering to be fair. :)

Please check the dragon-con website for any info on the parade or if anyone else knows, they may reply here to inform everyone.

Hope you can make it to the gathering, Twinkle! ;)

TechieCL
08-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Here is the info excerpted from the info packet that as given to me by the Parade Staff

The must point is Woodruff Park [Peachtree St and Auburn Ave, about 4 blocks South of the Hyatt Regency) Parade staff will be there at 8am recieving groups.

9:30am latest to line up and assemble your group

10am Start of Parade

10:45 Parade ends at rear of Marriot (approx distance 3/4 miles)

kitsunered
08-30-2005, 12:37 PM
The parade is supposed to start at 10:00 AM, though it's doubtful it will actually begin on time. Usually it takes anywhere from 45 min to an hour (depending on the number of participants) for it to finish completely. Unless there are some *huge* delays, I would seriously doubt it will start at noon, however. :)

I don't plan on watching the parade (standing for long periods of time is bad for me), but I will be in the Mariott lobby from 11:00 AM until around noon in my Fire Sprite costume. After that, I actually have to do some work for the LARP I help run, so I won't be available.

-K

Eurobeat King
08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
The parade is supposed to start at 10:00 AM, though it's doubtful it will actually begin on time. Usually it takes anywhere from 45 min to an hour (depending on the number of participants) for it to finish completely. Unless there are some *huge* delays, I would seriously doubt it will start at noon, however. :)
-K

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Now I recall getting up early and Lionel telling me to hurry up and get over to where the parade is going to start, and that was before 10:00am.. :thumbsup: Guess I stayed up pretty late taking pics the night before.

OK, so now that means that if the parade starts after 10:00am and takes about an hour, we'll meet up for the cosplay.com gathering after it ends, so maybe 11:00am or afterwards. Just look for me inside the Marriott after that time, either taking pics of individual cosplayers or waiting for more people to gather (I'll be wearing my EBK attire (see my avatar pic))

See you Saturday!! :skidude2:

_T3_
08-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Kewl. I'll try to make it to the parade; I might as well try it out since I tried the masquerade for the first time last year. But I have a pretty good recollection of where stuff is, so in any case I shouldn't have trouble finding the meeting point.

kelldar
08-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Ok, I don't think I'll be able to make it - the costume I have to be in by 11:30 takes longer to get into than I thought it would. I'll see if I can't make my friend stay down there and take pictures of you guys for me, lol.

Eurobeat King
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Ok, I don't think I'll be able to make it - the costume I have to be in by 11:30 takes longer to get into than I thought it would. I'll see if I can't make my friend stay down there and take pictures of you guys for me, lol.

Kell, aren't you going to be in the parade? :( Unless that was when you thought it would be later in the day? If you are in costume around 11:30am, try and go to the Marriott and see if we're still there, unless you have to be somewhere at 11:30am in that costume..

Monicator
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Cosplay.com gathering? Sounds interesting, I think i'll come check it out. :)

Eurobeat King
08-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Cosplay.com gathering? Sounds interesting, I think i'll come check it out. :)

Your Cyrax costume looks great! Hope you bring it to D-con for pictures, and can make it to the gathering on Saturday!

Darth Takeo
08-31-2005, 06:06 AM
Please do not activate your self destruct while at the gathering, Cyrax. That would not be cool.
:D

kelldar
08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Al, yeah, after the parade I have to get into my Leia costume for the Rebel Legion shoot - we're lining up between 11:30 and 11:45, so if I'm back down there in time, I'll definitely come!

sarabug
08-31-2005, 10:01 AM
hmm...hopefully i can make it and still have time to hit the soviet space disasters panel that morning...we'll see..but i'll come by and see if i can squeeze in...who knows what i'll be dressed as that early in the morning!

vampirate
08-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I can try for the shoot since pulling off Chi then wouldn't be too hard. So look for a Chi who looks like she just crawled out of bed.

Aleathia Burns
08-31-2005, 04:16 PM
I will come in my Lynn Minmay from the movie. I hope my sash looks O.k cuz it spells "Miss Macross" but I did that way and it looks backwards if someone take a pic of it. I hope it will look dicent if not I can take it off.

adakie
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Hm, sounds fun. If I can get them there then my group and I will show up (most all of us are c.com people). We'll be in the FMA marching band so you know what to expect. ^-^ I hope we can make it to this one.

Monicator
08-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Darth Takeo, dont worry the self destruct system isnt installed...yet! LOL j/k :D

Neo Dave
09-01-2005, 05:44 AM
It's almost three in the morning here in SF. Finally all packed up. Off to the airport in 4 hours and then it's just kick back at DC. See you all there and have a safe trip!

Dave

Monicator
09-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Ok its OFFICIALY Official! I'll be there Saturday for sure! (I found a ride LOL) The 4'11 Cyrax is comming, without the self destruct system so everyone can calm down now. :D