PDA

View Full Version : So I found out the hard way...

LiL QoH
01-09-2003, 05:14 PM
From eatpoo's forums:

"that's heinous! get outta here!

but on a serious note:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but I was just testing to see if I could get some good skin tones with the burn and dodge tool

no. that wont happen. and if i hired someone to do art for me and they tried to pull that one on me theyd be out there so fast"

From Stephanie Lostimolo's site: "Note: DO NOT depend on Dodge and Burn to do the coloring for you, as I can assure you it will come out looking like total crap. There is no excuse for not being able to paint with real colors!"

confused by peoples responces on mesage boards, I didn't undersand why people didn't like a lot of my work. I guess it's because I cheated without knowing. "There is no excuse for not being able to paint with real colors." It kinda hurts that I've been taking the easy way out of the equation of the canvas.. I feel that I've accomplished nothing now :\ Maybe Im just venting I don't know. I just feel soo ehh deceieved by myself I guess. I didn't intend to take the easy way out, that's really why I started to take up Painter because I felt like well... I guess I have to change for the industry. I've noticed that I get looked down upon for a lot of my works on boards with a lot of professionals, not only because of that, but because of my anime/manga style. "Get over it honey, you're not Japanese," my color theory teacher told me. :( I just feel stupid for even trying :\ someone give me a hug :(

thoughts or comments?

peaseblossom
01-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Honey, your art is beautiful. *hugs* Seriously. It's not what you use to make your art, it's how you use it. Those people don't know what the hell they are talking about. Art isn't like that, it's a very personal thing. You rock, big time. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! *hugs again*

Maryssa
01-10-2003, 02:05 AM
thats retarded. the beauty of art is that there are no laws of how to do things. use your own methods instead of doing what everyone else wants you to do. it's what'll get you the job over everyone else. if you can create your pieces better using anime style or with the burn/dodge tool, go ahead and do so! I dont understand what's wrong with that at all o_o its all a matter of preference. you are very talented terrie, dont let close-minded bitches like that get you down.

diqitaldreams
01-10-2003, 03:03 PM
::HUGS:: ..Awa...people are stupid. It's your own style, you should do what you do best. People say things like that sometimes just to get you down. Think of it this way, if you're art work is gorgeous and you like it, STAY like that. Hmph...I hate it when people put down my art and they can't even do anything to back up their critique. v.v; ... ::has lotsa "amatuers" put her down and all they can draw is stick figures::

Anyway! You shouldn't let them get you down! Keep going for the best! ^_^ Muah! You're artwork is gorgeous... I wish I could be half as good as you and Maryssa!