PDA

View Full Version : VA Cosplayers going to Otakon '05???

Valgaav_Xellos
04-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to see how many of you guys planned on going to Otakon 2005, and if you already have a costume planned for it? ^_^
(Mine are listed under my signature. :D)

Version-1
04-09-2005, 06:33 PM
i plan on being there, as Uchiha Sasuke :bigtu:

Nyoko
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
yup its sorta (not in detail) in my siggy...

LaPetiteSalope
04-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm 100% positive that I'm going to Otakon. The best anime convention I've been to so far.

bigwil
04-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Well it's gonna my 2nd otakon...can't miss it.....gotta a photoshoot to run....

bag0k
04-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I'll be there for my first Otakon, and hopefully with my older brother. I'll be dressed as another Katamari Damacy cousin, and I'm trying to persuade my older brother to let me make one for him, too. I'm also going to make a much higher quality katamari, because my previous one was falling apart by the end of the day.

I'm also thinking of starting a um... gosh, I forgot her name, but it's a character from Bleach. She's the one with the barets that go WOOSH and the little bug things do stuff. Her costume's simple enough looking; it's a pink shirt with white pants with red stripes... Inoue Orihime! That's it! I've just gotta grow my hair out... gr... I thought I was rid of the burden of long hair once and for all!

Star_Angel
04-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Ill be at Otakon! (most likely walking around with Riji like normal! lol) I'll have A Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed with me (probaly the pink and white casual dress, or her blue and white Seed Destiny dress)), Jill from Resident Evil, Donald Duck (but he is only being worn for the KH shoot!!) and maybe Misa from Death Note but not sure I'm trying to keep the costumes few and simple! lol. We will have to have a VCS gathering at Otakon!!! (since the Katsucon gathering didnt happen, stupid delays!! lol)

Ironekilz
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I'll be there as Dio from Last Exile. I might also have an Amano Celes (from FFVI)costume, but I haven't started yet, so that's up in the air.

UnwantedKikyo
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
yesh i shall be there with Riji prolly too ^^; or by myself..lol. and the outfits are in my sig. just take out miyavi and put in myaku die.

Lyte
04-11-2005, 05:27 PM
ill be there... i think me and my friends are planning on doing a nittle grasper group... and if i have it done ill probably do dio from last exile too

Fory-san
04-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I'll definately be going to Otakon all three days, hopefully as Moonlight Knight from Sailor Moon. ^.~v

bag0k
04-11-2005, 09:42 PM
We will have to have a VCS gathering at Otakon!!! (since the Katsucon gathering didnt happen, stupid delays!! lol)
Yes! Let's try that shoot again, preferably when the sun's still out! O_o;;

Valgaav_Xellos
04-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow, seems like we have a bit of people from VA going ^_^

What photoshoots are you guys planning on going to (if any?) whether you're going to be in it or taking pictures yourself?

So far I'm going to the Naruto and possibly the Shonen Jump photoshoots. If I happen to run into any others, most likely I'll stop by and take some pictures.

I hope to see a lot of you guys there!!! ^_^

dollssoulkirie
04-12-2005, 04:32 AM
I'm planning on going to Otakon! I love Otakon, it's a lot of fun.

As for costumes... I'm not sure, since I haven't started anything yet. If I go with my planned, I'll have a Bleach character (either Yachiru or Hanatarou) and one of two different Suikoden characters (Luc from 2 or Hervey from 3).

zekitty
04-13-2005, 06:34 AM
I'll be going with my VA buddies! :3 Costume are in my signature!! Not sure about photoshoots though... >.>

NutmegChan
04-13-2005, 09:09 AM
I'll be going too! *points up to zekitty* hopefully w/ her XD...costumes lol-- i plan too many and stuff so not sure what i am gonna do for that ^^

Ironekilz
04-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I'll be going to the Last Exile photoshoot on Sunday.

Star_Angel
04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
SO any of you people interested in doing a VCS badge for Otakon?? Get those creative juices flowing!! We can do a poll if we have more then one (come on lets have more then one like at Katsucon!!!) If no one submits one well either use ZeKittys from Katsu or Rijis from Animazement (well vote on them) but I would love for us to have a pretty new one!!

bag0k
04-18-2005, 04:37 PM
SO any of you people interested in doing a VCS badge for Otakon?? Get those creative juices flowing!! We can do a poll if we have more then one (come on lets have more then one like at Katsucon!!!) If no one submits one well either use ZeKittys from Katsu or Rijis from Animazement (well vote on them) but I would love for us to have a pretty new one!!
Oh boy! I guess I should finish the idea I had a few months ago... But my problem is, I'm a 3-D person and my japanime drawing skillz aren't very nice, but I'll try! I'm still stuck on the cardinal thing...
There are three dogwood trees in my neighborhood: one ivory, one pink, and one a pretty cranberry color. I'm thinking I'm gonna press some of the flowers, but I dunno what I'd do with them... O_o

Mishima
04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I plan on heading up there. I should be in normal Torankusu costume. BUT, on Sat. I plan on being in the almighty Saiya-Jin armor! I plan on it looking really nice.

Riji
04-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Going.

Don't want to die from heat exhaustion so no costumes that require lots of makeup. I'm going to end up in vinyl and armor anyway...

Should be a fun, I start university the week before! XD

Plum Blossom
04-20-2005, 04:14 PM
I may be going to Otakon... And if I do, I'll be bringing my Itachi and Sheena costumes with me ^^

makotohanabi
04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
also going, bringing my Sai (Shonen Jump photoshoot), Naraku (Inu Yasha photoshoot), and Koinosuke costumes. probably bring others not sure which ones yet.

Star_Angel
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Going.

Don't want to die from heat exhaustion so no costumes that require lots of makeup. I'm going to end up in vinyl and armor anyway...

Should be a fun, I start university the week before! XD
Lol same here! I get to skip class on friday to go!! who needs music history anyways, lol

phaedrus
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Maybe....I haven't decided. Definitely won't have a costume together by then, I know that much, but I may still show up.

sorachan
04-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Totally going! ^_^ Well, almost absolutely positively going, as soon as I find out about hotels etc.
The list of costumes right now is:
Kurogane (Tsubasa:Reservior Chronicle)
Sanji (One Piece) -- for this I`m doing his standard black suit, and making his `Gentle Cook` shirt from the new opener ^^
Rosette (Chrno Crusade)
Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite)
Tatsu (Peacemaker Kurogane)

And I`ll try to get to any photo shoots related to any of those costumes ;p

I`d love to help design a VCR badge, but I won`t be able to submit anything until I get back from Japan ;p.

Britmonkey
04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm new to this. But yeah I will be there. Going as Asuma from Naruto. Should be awesome.

Mishima
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Has anyone already pre-reg. for Otakon already? Heard it was going to fill up pretty fast and all. I probably wont get a chance to until later on. Hope it doesn't fill up to fast...

Star_Angel
04-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Has anyone already pre-reg. for Otakon already? Heard it was going to fill up pretty fast and all. I probably wont get a chance to until later on. Hope it doesn't fill up to fast...
They havnt put the info up yet for pre-reg on the website, so unless you pre-regged at Katsu you cant at the moment.

Ironekilz
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I keep checking online, but no registration info yet. I pre-regged at Katsucon and I read on their site that they should be mailing out confirmations and allowing more pre-reg sometime this month, though that was several weeks ago...

Star_Angel
05-01-2005, 04:30 PM
For those of you who do not know Pre Reg is now open for Otakon, thought I would make a announcement since not everyone would know!

Ironekilz
05-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Great! I'll be checking the mail for that confirmation!

Valgaav_Xellos
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm new to this. But yeah I will be there. Going as Asuma from Naruto. Should be awesome.

Oooh Asuma cosplayer? ^_^ That's a bit more original than the usual Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, etc. cosplayers. Go you! ^_^

Then again I'm doing a SnJ (femme) Kakashi... so.. i guess that's like half for originality points ;p

You'll be at the Naruto photoshoot, ne?

TornTsukasa
06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm doing :
Lyserg(Shaman King- X Laws Jacket and short white pants >.o)
Reki(.hack//legend of... with the chibi costume from the manga)

Anbu Neko
06-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm going as either Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle or an Alchemist from Ragnarok Online ^^ My Syaoran can't be at Otakon ;-;

Ironekilz
06-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Okay, two costumes for Otakon now: Dio from Last Exile and Amano Celes from FFVI.

dustbunny
06-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm going...look at my signature for costumes

Star_Angel
06-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok so since I have changed all the cosplays I decided to do for Otakon I'm gonna list my new ones! Im gonna go Friday as Anko from Naruto
Saturday i will be there as Claire Redfield from Resident Evil and Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed Destiny!
I am only gonna bring 3 costumes! that a record for me since I always bring like 8!!!!

Star_Angel
06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok for those people who are making badges for Otakon. Badges need to be in by 10th so we can vote and have them decided by August 13th. This way it will give people at least a week to print them off and such to take with them to otakon!

Also do we even want to try for a shoot at Otakon? It's big and everyone will be running around like crazy, do we just want to wait till a smaller con like Anime USA and Neko?

Anbu Neko
06-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Waiting *might* be a good idea, but another group is doing Tsubasa Chronicle shots near the fountains, so maybe we could set up a good time to meet there? And hopefully everyone will have a badge XO I'm so shy; I couldn't get up the guts to ask if they were in the VCS at AMA *w*;

Star_Angel
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Waiting *might* be a good idea, but another group is doing Tsubasa Chronicle shots near the fountains, so maybe we could set up a good time to meet there? And hopefully everyone will have a badge XO I'm so shy; I couldn't get up the guts to ask if they were in the VCS at AMA *w*;
Lol and you took a pic of us!! (was the girl in the smile box head that you knocked on to tell her you were done taking the pic!)

bag0k
06-26-2005, 01:19 AM
I have an urge to post my big brother's e-mail so that all 'yall can pester him constantly to get him to take me to Otakon. He's all like "oh, I might have work or school and I don't want to commit" and I'm all like "OMG do you want your fave sister to get raped or something?!" and when he's in a good mood he's like "yeah, I think we should get a cheap hotel" and I'm like "no, we'll stay with uncle larry" and he's like "i don't wanna barge in on him" and I'm like "dude, he's our freakin' uncle" and mommy laughed histarically at the notion of getting a hotel room.

...*cough*

:walkoff:

makotohanabi
06-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I have an urge to post my big brother's e-mail so that all 'yall can pester him constantly to get him to take me to Otakon. He's all like "oh, I might have work or school and I don't want to commit" and I'm all like "OMG do you want your fave sister to get raped or something?!" and when he's in a good mood he's like "yeah, I think we should get a cheap hotel" and I'm like "no, we'll stay with uncle larry" and he's like "i don't wanna barge in on him" and I'm like "dude, he's our freakin' uncle" and mommy laughed histarically at the notion of getting a hotel room.

...*cough*

:walkoff:

What you need to do is follow him around the house whining about how much you want to go to Otakon. My sister did that when she was in high school and wanted to go to the District, but our parents said she couldn't go unless she went with them or me. She kept whining until I said "shut up i'll take you" or my parents said "shut up, she'll take you".

call your uncle and ask him if you can stay, it's cheaper than a hotel and you'll be able to stay for more fun. The worst thing he can say is no.

Think a VCS photoshoot would be fun, but it will be hard to find each other. It'll be fun to try, maybe if we have it on Sunday or Thursday? Depends on everyone's plans, but it's an idea.

Discuss.

bag0k
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, about my rant, it was supposed to have a hyperactive flustered tone to it. I wasn't being totally serious :P. I'm pretty sure he'll take me, or if not, my parents'll force 'im to.

A shoot on Thursday I don't think is a good idea, especially if it were in the afternoon. People could hit traffic or take unexpected detours on the way to Baltimore and miss the shoot. Also, not everybody's arriving on thursday. A Sunday shoot has some potential... but not everyone is around all day Sunday. Friday or Saturday would be the best time-wise, but uber crowded.

My only requirement is that the shoot be alot earlier than the Katsucon shoot (that never really happened, I hear.) I got sick and tired before 11 freakin' o-clock the shoot was scheduled at, so this shoot should be earlier. A LOT earlier. Like, 4 or something.

The tags was a good idea, but we should also have a biiiig one on a pole at the proposed place and time. I guess someone with a close hotel room would have it in his/her room and pull it out when it's time.

Those'r my ideas. August's pretty far away, but it's always good to plan ahead. *shrugs*

(...I think you're supposed to pronounce "those'r" like THOEZ-err. I make up new contractions every day >_<)

Deena
06-27-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm planning on going. Still getting everything finalized and stuff but I should be going. I'll be Yachiru from Bleach ::Points to avatar.:: But uhh. What's this meeting I'm reading about? Just Virginia cosplayers meeting together for a photoshoot? That'd be fun. :O Have you guys made the taggy things yet? I'd love to help with that.

ayanamikari
06-28-2005, 05:59 AM
yes, I will be going as Godzilla once again. Hopefully the suit will be an updated version and also a little taller.

last years was 7 feet 5 inches.

Ironekilz
06-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Wow, I'll make sure to stay out of the way of your rampaging, ayanamikari!

zekitty
06-29-2005, 08:24 AM
A shoot on Thursday I don't think is a good idea, especially if it were in the afternoon. People could hit traffic or take unexpected detours on the way to Baltimore and miss the shoot. Also, not everybody's arriving on thursday. A Sunday shoot has some potential... but not everyone is around all day Sunday. Friday or Saturday would be the best time-wise, but uber crowded.

My only requirement is that the shoot be alot earlier than the Katsucon shoot (that never really happened, I hear.) I got sick and tired before 11 freakin' o-clock the shoot was scheduled at, so this shoot should be earlier. A LOT earlier. Like, 4 or something.

The tags was a good idea, but we should also have a biiiig one on a pole at the proposed place and time. I guess someone with a close hotel room would have it in his/her room and pull it out when it's time.

Those'r my ideas. August's pretty far away, but it's always good to plan ahead. *shrugs*

Yeah, I think Friday or Saturday would be best. I'm definately incapable of getting there Thursday... >.> And we're leaving early Sunday morning. ^-^;

I'm also attending some photoshoots with my friends on Friday and Saturday as well. The times are subject to change, though, as Otakorp hasn't yet released the con schedule. x.x On Friday I have a shoot at 2, and on Saturday I have one at 1 and another at 2. Ya, a 4 o' clock shoot sounds great right now! x.x

Star_Angel
06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I think Friday or Saturday would be best. I'm definately incapable of getting there Thursday... >.> And we're leaving early Sunday morning. ^-^;

I'm also attending some photoshoots with my friends on Friday and Saturday as well. The times are subject to change, though, as Otakorp hasn't yet released the con schedule. x.x On Friday I have a shoot at 2, and on Saturday I have one at 1 and another at 2. Ya, a 4 o' clock shoot sounds great right now! x.x
I'm cool with most time as long as they dont interfere with the concert, the cosplay rehersal stuff and the sat night cosplay. Lol this con is gonna be a hard one to try and get everyone together I think! lol

bag0k
06-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Back in like, January there was a Katamari Damacy photoshoot scheduled at noon on saturday. Nobody's followed up on that since, though, so it's not really set in stone. Maybe we should wait a bit before deciding on exact time.

I just realized that I thought I pre-registered for the Saturday hall costume contest ahead of time, but I didn't read the directions. The registration time is in the beginning of July, and they said not to submit anything before that. Maybe they should make that a little more clear, like by bolding the "do not pre-register" part or not putting the form up on the site in the first pace! Hm. I'm overreacting again. Guess I gotta fill it out again! But I have absolutley no idea what I'm getting myself into. I've never done cosplay contest before... does anyone have any tips for a n00b? (I know it's not a skit, but still...)
Oh, and I just realized that that also eliminates 10-10:30 for me. Hm... scheduling (sp?) is tough!

Yay for rambling!

Prof Farnsworth
07-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Yep i'm goin. Got room, reg, and ride taken care of. I'm gonna be driving. a. cause it's cheaper, 2. cause we can carry a bunch of stuff and d. people are riding with me. (kudos to anyone who gets what my numbering system is a reference to. Prob even some people my age have no idea lol). Gonna be leaving greensboro early (hopefully) taking about 6 and a 1/4 hours (allowing time for lunch). :jjacks:

zekitty
07-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Six hours?!?! Daaang... I can understand the money factor of driving but I wouldn't be able to sit still for that long! XD I'm even going to have trouble keeping sane for our four hour drive! I'm still waiting for my pre-reg confirmation... I know it takes them a long time to go through all those checks but d00d, that's what machines are for! >.< And it's been a month already since I sent mine! ARGHHH!

Prof Farnsworth
07-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Six hours?!?! Daaang... I can understand the money factor of driving but I wouldn't be able to sit still for that long! XD I'm even going to have trouble keeping sane for our four hour drive! I'm still waiting for my pre-reg confirmation... I know it takes them a long time to go through all those checks but d00d, that's what machines are for! >.< And it's been a month already since I sent mine! ARGHHH!

lol so it's a good thing i like road trips. plus i'll have friends to entertain me on the way. Still waiting for pre-reg? did you do yours snail mail? cause i did mine online and got confirmation within a minute.

Tenshinoitami1
07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Ahhh...Otakon, my first con 5 years ago, of course I'll be there! I'll be dressed as jrockers all weekend long so I doubt anyone will know who I am cosplaying ^^;;

bag0k
07-03-2005, 05:11 PM
lol so it's a good thing i like road trips. plus i'll have friends to entertain me on the way. Still waiting for pre-reg? did you do yours snail mail? cause i did mine online and got confirmation within a minute.
Uh oh... you did? I haven't gotten my confirmation yet and I also did it online. Maybe it has to do with how I registered on the very last day possible to get it for $45... (Yay for procrastination!)

Edit: Oh yeah! And there's a 99.9% chance my older brother's going with me! So if you see a big tall blonde guy with annoyingly long hair walking with a purple column, that's us. (oh, and he refuses to cosplay with me! It's out of his "comfort zone." hmph!)

twentystitches
07-04-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll be going! XD Otakon is always on my list of cons to hit yearly.

Humm.. I'll be doing mostly J-rock cosplay: Moon Tour Gackt, Dir en Grey's Shinya (Indies/Major era) and I'll be Mamiya from Utena on sunday it looks like. Might bring out my Lani from FFIX again and touch it up.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Tenshinoitami1
07-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I'll be going! XD Otakon is always on my list of cons to hit yearly.

Humm.. I'll be doing mostly J-rock cosplay: Moon Tour Gackt, Dir en Grey's Shinya (Indies/Major era) and I'll be Mamiya from Utena on sunday it looks like. Might bring out my Lani from FFIX again and touch it up.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Oh, I would like to see your Shinya costume! I'm bringing a bunch of Kaoru costumes

twentystitches
07-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Oh, I would like to see your Shinya costume! I'm bringing a bunch of Kaoru costumes

XD I'll be keeping a lookout for your Kaoru cosplays and your group too! <3 Definitely want pictures of that.

Sith Lord Danha
07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
going as Anakin from AOTC thats Star wars Ep II, along with Trunks and Koga. some of my VA buddes.

bag0k
07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey, all! I just wanna ask if anyone is going to be picking up their badge on thursday? I'll be there, camera in hand, to get a head start on finding VCS'ers. I'll be carrying a Cosplay.com sign and (hopefully) wearing a birthday tiara. (August 18th's my sweet 16! XD) Sooo... does anyone want anything at all related to VCS to happen on Thursday? I know my brother won't like it, but oh well. It'll be my freakin' birthday, so that'll be his present: allowing me to drag him around everywhere :P

Star_Angel
07-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey, all! I just wanna ask if anyone is going to be picking up their badge on thursday? I'll be there, camera in hand, to get a head start on finding VCS'ers. I'll be carrying a Cosplay.com sign and (hopefully) wearing a birthday tiara. (August 18th's my sweet 16! XD) Sooo... does anyone want anything at all related to VCS to happen on Thursday? I know my brother won't like it, but oh well. It'll be my freakin' birthday, so that'll be his present: allowing me to drag him around everywhere :P
I know Riji and I will get to Baltimore between 8:30 and 9pm so not sure if I will be awake (I have a wonderful 8 hour drive, lol 4-5 on my own and 3 with riji... well 3 if she goes the speed limit that is, lol)

Riji
07-27-2005, 12:06 AM
well 3 if she goes the speed limit that is, lol
*evil laugh* Don't think you people are getting bathroom breaks either. XDDD

Star_Angel
07-27-2005, 12:08 AM
*evil laugh* Don't think you people are getting bathroom breaks either. XDDD
Lol i normaly dont stop to go to the bathroom, ask Jen about the ride to Katsu, we didnt stop i made them hold it till we got to the con hotel, lol bwa ha ha ha!!!

Prof Farnsworth
07-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Lol i normaly dont stop to go to the bathroom, ask Jen about the ride to Katsu, we didnt stop i made them hold it till we got to the con hotel, lol bwa ha ha ha!!!

yeah how well i remember =p one of the first things i did was try to find a restroom XD

not to mention sitting in the van while you talked to jen and some people the night before we got to your grandmother's, i really had to go lol :rolleyes:

as far as otakon goes hopefully i can get my buds out the door and leave by 8 or 9 am. so I reckon with a 5 & 1/2 hour drive (not accounting for unexpected traffic) and a half hour for lunch, we should get to the hotel by 2 pm. I'd love to switch off drivers, but the rest in my travel crew that have licenses don't have insurance...plus i don't really trust others driving my car as I know it's habits and idiosyncrasies all too well.

EDIT: we also might possibly stop in DC to visit my sister for a little while and grab an afternoon snack and stretch. going through large cities like richmond and right through the heart of DC is nerve racking to some, but it's the quickest way, and i love driving anyway, so it doesn't bother me. I've always loved road trips, just the travel by itself.

Prof Farnsworth
07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
well 3 if she goes the speed limit that is, lol)

speed limit? what's that? lol

bag0k
07-27-2005, 03:35 AM
O_O holy cow, 5 hours? 8 hours? Where are all you people driving from? (I really suck at geography :P)

Star_Angel
07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
O_O holy cow, 5 hours? 8 hours? Where are all you people driving from? (I really suck at geography :P)
I'll be driving from Ashebroro NC, I go to UNCG and I start school the monday before Otakon, lol.

Gogglegirl
07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm going as Kikumaru Eiji from Prince of Tennis. I might also bring my haruno Sakura (naruto) costume for Sunday...I dunno. I'm gonna get there maybe at like 8pm on friday...i've got to go to band camp on friday...*is a band nerd*

bag0k
07-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Hm... it seems that it's a no for the Thursday thing. I'll go annoy the Otakon sub forum here about Thursday. I don't want to make a sign for nothing! :P

aku
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I'll be at Otakon. I'm not too sure whether I'll be there on Thursday or Friday, though, but either way, I have a ride there.

I'm gonna try to bust out the following: kiriyama(as usual), possibly Kawachi from Yakitate!!Japan, and..something else, I dunno what.

makotohanabi
07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
My ride wants to leave at 10am, so we'll be in Baltimore around 11 am. No real plans for what we'll do between getting there and waiting in line.

99% sure I'll be going as Haku pink kimono version (thurs), Aya chan and Naraku (fri), Sai and Motoko (sat), and Koinosuke (sun)

Anbu Neko
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Change of cosplay: I'll be there as Otomiya Haine in her Copper uniform!

phaedrus
08-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Sigh, change of plans....no con for me.

makotohanabi
08-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Family emergency, 90% sure I won't be there. See everyone at AUSA.

bag0k
08-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh... sorry you can't make it, phaedrus and possibly makotohanabi... hope to see 'yalls at AUSA! (best, con ever.)

I'd hate to suddenly change the subject or something, but the schedule's up on the Otakon website (http://www.otakon.com/con_schedule.asp) so should we plan a meeting? My only requirement is that it be at a reasonable hour... the Katsucon shoot was supposed to be at what, 11?

I have lunch time free on Friday, dinner time, too, lunch time again on Saturday, and from 3:00 to the Masquerade on Saturday... anyone got any time and place ideas? I'm an Otakon newb, so I'll leave it to the veterans. :P

Star_Angel
08-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I have lunch time free on Friday, dinner time, too, lunch time again on Saturday, and from 3:00 to the Masquerade on Saturday... anyone got any time and place ideas? I'm an Otakon newb, so I'll leave it to the veterans. :P
I think Lunch on friday would be good, as long as it doesnt interfere with the cotsume judging on friday (I coudlnt find it on the schedule ((nm friday costume people are suppose to meet at 3:30-4pm)))
would noon on friday be good for everyone? I say we could meet at the fountains and then get pics form there. Im cool as long as I can change at 3-ish for the costume judging.

Anbu Neko
08-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Man.. I can't make it then :( I always go to Otakon on Saturdays ;-; Oh well, maybe another year..

bag0k
08-14-2005, 12:32 AM
I think Lunch on friday would be good, as long as it doesnt interfere with the cotsume judging on friday (I coudlnt find it on the schedule ((nm friday costume people are suppose to meet at 3:30-4pm)))
would noon on friday be good for everyone? I say we could meet at the fountains and then get pics form there. Im cool as long as I can change at 3-ish for the costume judging.
That sounds SUPER-AWESOME to me, because the Katamari Damacy shoot is at the exact same time and place, so I'll be able to catch both photoshoots. (I'm not participating in the KD shoot, but I wanted to be there.) So I'm 100% for Friday at noon! ^_^

Edit: The Sailor Moon villians shoot is there at the same time too... O_o Er... *thinks*

Star_Angel
08-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Edit: The Sailor Moon villians shoot is there at the same time too... O_o Er... *thinks*
I just suggested it to meet at we can move if we need to but its a place everyone will know when you get there!

makotohanabi
08-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Looks like I can make it to Otakon this year after all. I can make it friday, good timing since I want to get pics of the KD photoshoot, just curious on how big the Katamaris are going to be. After all, the doors are only so big. Probably bring a friend too. I'll see everyone at 12 noon (probably get there a few minutes early) by the fountains.

Anbu Neko
08-15-2005, 12:52 AM
I *might* actually be going Friday and Saturday.. but if not then I might not be going at all :( I hope I can..

bag0k
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Oh! I'll be participating in the Katamari Damacy shoot after all, so don't abandon me! I'll most likley be carrying some sorta sign with me, or have one taped to the back of my costume head, so find me! (I'm really hard to miss, though... O_o)

Edit: Hey... we never realy decided on a badge, did we...? Um... I guess my VCS sign will just be some fancy purple text... >_<

Star_Angel
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Squee!! two days people! cant waigt to see everyone on friday at the fountain at noon!

quadrain61
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
http://quadrain.com/Gallery/otakon2005/DSC08411

Star_Angel
08-23-2005, 11:29 PM
http://quadrain.com/Gallery/otakon2005/DSC08411
Woot Woot! look at all those hot VCS peoples!

bag0k
08-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Yaay! I look so dumb! :thumbsup: Ooh... I need to fix the ribbon in that picture! >_< It was nice meeting everyone. Sorry I blanked out for a second, though. I was like "Star Angel? eh? *five minutes later* Ooooh! Yeah! Duh!" ^_^;; I need to go to more of these VCS gatheries. (Yes, gatheries. shut up. :P)

Katamari Damacy photoshoot my foot! The only other KD guy I saw there showed up 10 minutes late and I had already seen 20823489 times! >=(

Star_Angel
08-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Yaay! I look so dumb! :thumbsup: Ooh... I need to fix the ribbon in that picture! >_< It was nice meeting everyone. Sorry I blanked out for a second, though. I was like "Star Angel? eh? *five minutes later* Ooooh! Yeah! Duh!" ^_^;; I need to go to more of these VCS gatheries. (Yes, gatheries. shut up. :P)

Katamari Damacy photoshoot my foot! The only other KD guy I saw there showed up 10 minutes late and I had already seen 20823489 times! >=(
Lol Yes! we must drag you to charlottesville where a bunch of us are and get together regularly!! lol Of courses its like a 2 hour-ish drive but hey it may happen!!! If not there is always the Cherry Blossom festavel in DC that i know a few of us from home are going!

twentystitches
08-24-2005, 10:41 PM
XDXD you can't even see me in that picture. Just the Umbrella of Doom. Haha...It was nice to see everyone. Sorry I was confused, because I really was....x-x; Totally missed that there was a gathering until Riji came up and dragged me over.

quadrain61
08-24-2005, 10:50 PM
XDXD you can't even see me in that picture. Just the Umbrella of Doom. Haha...It was nice to see everyone. Sorry I was confused, because I really was....x-x; Totally missed that there was a gathering until Riji came up and dragged me over.

Gotcha - http://quadrain.com/Gallery/otakon2005/DSC08400

UnwantedKikyo
08-25-2005, 03:39 PM
*coughs* missed it due to losing my gackt so much and photoshoot confusing-ness x.x;;;;; ermmm...oops. ^^;

Ironekilz
08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
ARgh. I completely forgot about the photoshoot!

twentystitches
08-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Gotcha - http://quadrain.com/Gallery/otakon2005/DSC08400

Ooo.. XD Thank you! <3