PDA

View Full Version : sneaking into yaoi con?

OtakuLuLu
04-10-2005, 07:08 PM
has anyone ever sneeked into yaoi con>? would it be hard to sneek into their?

AnimeLotRluvr92
04-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Aren't you a girl?! Can girls go there? I mean, it is yaoi, so wouldn't you think there would be a lot of gays there? O_O I have to admit that when it comes to yaoi stuff, it has to be in the anime/manga bishounen style for me to like it. :shrug: With exceptions, I'm willing to put up a fight to stop certain yaoi/fanfic from hurting characters, such as Tsume x Toboe. I've never read any kind of yaoi/fanfic because well, heh, for one thing most of the time my parents are around, and the fact I honor them. I mean, look at their lives! Haven't they been tortured enough? What would you say if you were a guy who had a horrible past and was kind of lonely in a way, then you found out someone was making fun of you by paring you with another person of your own gender? If it was originally intended for a certain character to be yaoi, then I have no problem with that. But if it wasn't even in the story line, that's when I get defencive. Yes, I know that's "wierd", but the thing is that's how I am. Sometimes I can feel them...their, um...spirits, if you will...you know who's by me now? Cheza.

~'Chelle Wounj :japan:

Sixshot
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
It's not mostly gays at yaoicon. The majority of the con is female and it close to entirely staffed by women. There are some gay guys there but trust me, you won't find as many gay guys as you will straight women there.

In either case, I can't say if people have or haven't, I don't know. I imagine it would be hard considering the multiple forms of ID the con uses, PLUS, if you are caught there is severe reprecussions and it can get the con in trouble.

Michi
04-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Aren't you a girl?! Can girls go there? I mean, it is yaoi, so wouldn't you think there would be a lot of gays there? O_O

o_O; Most yaoi fans are girls. Yaoi is AIMED at girls. :thumbsup: The flowery, angsty, improbable romances between men are just for fantasy. ^_^;

Like Sixshot said, it's mostly female attendance at YaoiCon. There are very few guys in comparison, and a lot of the guys that do go are there for women (the Bishounen Auction event is very adult in nature...) and not for other guys.

Anyway. Um. Sneaking in??? You're 14, and you live in Florida, according to your profile. So to get to YaoiCon, you'd have to fly across the country. You aren't even old enough to attend, so it really isn't worth it. =/ Sneaking into a con when it costs so much to attend would just be so very risky, and then you'd be stuck on the other side of the U.S. with nothing to do.

I really don't think talking about getting into a con illegally should be a topic on this board, so this is likely to be closed. There have been discussions about parental permission forms and whatnot, but they've pretty much decided to keep it 18+ just to keep things safe.

Believe me, when YaoiCon was first announced I had just turned 15 and I was sad about the age thing too so I understand. My birthday is even a couple of months after, so even the year I did turn 18 I couldn't go to the con in the same year and it sucked. I did "go" to the con that first year in 2001, but I didn't try to sneak my way into anything or try to get a fake ID for a badge. I live just a few miles north of San Francisco, so it was no big deal to just drop by and see my friends that were at the con. It was at Japantown, so we just ended up going to the malls there most of the time anyway. :P

I'm 19 now but haven't been to YaoiCon since I was of age to really attend. ^_^; It really is adult-oriented in nature, so you'd have a lot more fun once you're actually old enough for it anyway. =/

tpod
04-11-2005, 02:39 PM
has anyone ever sneeked into yaoi con>? would it be hard to sneek into their?
Yes, it would be very difficult to sneak into Yaoi-Con. As it is an 18+ only convention, the staff has ensured that there are several safeguards set up in the Registration process as well as during the convention to prohibit any minors (or unregistered people) from entering the convention areas.

IDs are examined for validity, badges are checked throughout the convention area, and registered attendees are issued wristbands to wear during the duration of the convention that are awfully difficult to replace once removed. Other safeguards have been put in place, as well, but to tell you would mean I'd have to... well, you've seen those spy movies. ^.~

Trust me, it wouldn't be worth the time, effort and money for you or any other minor to attempt to "sneek" (sic) into the con.

Patience, my dear. ^_^

AnimeLotRluvr92
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM
o_O; Most yaoi fans are girls. Yaoi is AIMED at girls. The flowery, angsty, improbable romances between men are just for fantasy. ^_^;

That's the wierdest thing I've ever heard...O_O Although, as I said earlier, when it's already in the "script" for the story I think it's really cool looking, :cool: but when it comes to fanfic, I must say, just get lost. :untrust:

~'Chelle Wounj :japan:

ZiggyB
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
No you should not "sneak" into Yaoi Con.

It is an +18 only con for a reason, because of adult subject matter.

Just wait until you are old enough to attend. The con will still be there when you turn 18.