PDA

View Full Version : Anime Mid-Atlantic Who's Going???

Star_Angel
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Well the titles pretty explanitory! Who's gonna go to AMA this year? I actually get to go since it is not the same weekend as Animazement (grr like it was last year!!) who's gonna go and as who? and just like Katsucon well be doing a VCS badge so if any of you's who were gonna enter one last time and didnt, you can do it this time!
Ill be at AMA with my Laucs cosplays (probaly only two maybe three for AMA), Aiko from Naruto, Jill from RE, and then one more just not sure yet! :)
VCS Photo Shoot! 1:30 pm Saturday in the Main Lobby of the Hotel the convention is in!

myaku_
04-10-2005, 08:40 PM
My dad said after Katsucon if I made really good grades (or, good for me, anyway) I could go to AMA for a day. He's probably forgotten right now, and I'm not going to mention it until late May. *shrugs* So, I'm not going to make any major committments, but it's definately a maybe.

xMegan

UnwantedKikyo
04-11-2005, 02:32 PM
of course im going i live right by it! ^^ and im rooming with my lizzy-poo <3 w00t and i think u too angela...o.o arnt u rooming with liz?

Lyte
04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
i only live like 15 minutes away so im going

Fory-san
04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll be going on that Saturday. Probably will be cosplaying as something simple as Ataru from UY or Harlock. ^.^

Valgaav_Xellos
04-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna try, but I'm not sure what the possibility % is heh ^^; If I do go, most likely it'll be the same costumes I'm doing for Otakon 2005. :)

dollssoulkirie
04-12-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm going! I had fun last year, and can't wait to go this year. I missed Katsu thanks to family problems, and I'm not going to AZ because of said family problems.

UnwantedKikyo
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll be going on that Saturday. Probably will be cosplaying as something simple as Ataru from UY or Harlock. ^.^

oOoOoOo I live like 10!! ^.^ muwhahah! pwnage! :rolleyes:

Version-1
04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
i'll be there :drink:

zekitty
04-13-2005, 05:32 AM
I'm going!! :3

Star_Angel
04-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Awesome!! lots of us going!!
Whoever wants to do a badge should!! and if we get more then one for AMA well vote on them like normal, if not then well vote between ZeKittys from Katsucon or Rijis from Animazement! but post here if your gonna make a badge so we know if we'll get to sport a pretty new VCS badge. (If your not sure on this go look in the Katsucon thread and find the pic of the badge that Zekitty made I believe the oics still there!)
I'll set a date for them to be up for us to print out closer to AMA!!

bigwil
04-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll shall be making my presence known also!!...Viva la VCS y AMA!

Mishima
04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Yup,yup. I plan on going to this one as well. Will be rollin up there with friends (Version-1,among others).
Should be fun

Riji
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Yep, I'm going. Star_Angel and Kikyou are crashing with me. Much fun! ^__^

NutmegChan
04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
*raises hand* i will be going too!!

Plum Blossom
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Yah, I'm going. o.o With a group of about... a billion people (well, not a billion, but hopefully you know what I mean). Hehe ^^;;

Star_Angel
05-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Ok so since AMA is a little over a month away do we want to use one of the old badges (either Zekittys or Riji VCS badges) or does someone want to make one? to see pics of the two badges go to the Katsucon thread for Zekittys (the 8th page is where the badge is) and the animazement thread for Riji's (second page) .

DigitalCosplay
05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I plan to go. This will be my first time at AMA, so I'm not sure what size con it is. How does AMA compare (in size/number of attendees) to Katsucon? I took about 2,500 pictures at Katsucon (www.digitalcosplay.com).

bigwil
05-04-2005, 02:56 AM
katsu is a lot bigger than AMA...but it's a good con..be my 3rd time 4 it....and to da badge...I'm gonna try be on this one....ViVa la VCS at AMA!

Version-1
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Katsu is a lot bigger than AMA? wow. guess it'll be a lot less hectic than any con i've been to. should be nice, i can get to know lots of local anime fans, which i don't currently =/

Riji
05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
ViVa la VCS at AMA!
Amen!

Should be fun! We'll actually spontaneously run into each other! And then run into each other again!

It's going to be really easy to spot Star_Angel, UnwantedKikyou, and myself. :thumbsup:

Star_Angel
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Amen!

Should be fun! We'll actually spontaneously run into each other! And then run into each other again!

It's going to be really easy to spot Star_Angel, UnwantedKikyou, and myself. :thumbsup:
lol yes it will be! All you'll have to do to spot me will be to look for the person with pink hair!
Ok well back to the college finals, bleh I hate essays! lol.

Riji
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
lol yes it will be! All you'll have to do to spot me will be to look for the person with pink hair!
Ok well back to the college finals, bleh I hate essays! lol.
Yeah...two more days and three more exams = bleh.

I'm so gonna party on Friday. Or, make costumes. Wait, making costumes IS partying.

Oh my sad sad life. XDDD

Star_Angel
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah...two more days and three more exams = bleh.

I'm so gonna party on Friday. Or, make costumes. Wait, making costumes IS partying.

Oh my sad sad life. XDDD
Lol, YES! Oh sweet cosplay how I have missed you! (gawd! I'm such a dork! lol)

Riji
05-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Lol, YES! Oh sweet cosplay how I have missed you! (gawd! I'm such a dork! lol)
Haha! It's okay, I told my boss today I can't work during the week yet cause I have "stuff to do..."

Now that is pathetic. :bigtu:

DigitalCosplay
05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
katsu is a lot bigger than AMA...but it's a good con..be my 3rd time 4 it....and to da badge...I'm gonna try be on this one....ViVa la VCS at AMA!

Thanks! At about what time on Friday do the cosplayers start milling around? I'll be driving down from Fairfax and I want to be there for when the activity starts to heat up.

John

Riji
05-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks! At about what time on Friday do the cosplayers start milling around? I'll be driving down from Fairfax and I want to be there for when the activity starts to heat up.

John
Midday on Friday I should think. Then it really picks up as Check-In time passes.

bigwil
05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
*Drumrolls* My AMA badge has been completed..... :jjacks: :dance: :wave:

here the badge in question.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/BigWilArtist/Other%20Stuff/wil_badge2.jpg sugguestions,comments....are welcome!:japan:
(small changes so the VCS won't be punctured,,,)

Riji
05-25-2005, 05:25 PM

here the badge in question.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/BigWilArtist/Other%20Stuff/2005-5-25-0.bmp sugguestions,comments....are welcome!:japan:
She has..um...*cough*...nice..legs? :thumbsup:

Haha! I love her hair, and the VCS Logo. :bigtu:

Star_Angel
05-31-2005, 12:40 AM

here the badge in question.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/BigWilArtist/Other%20Stuff/2005-5-25-0.bmp sugguestions,comments....are welcome!:japan:
Its cute! I like it!

Star_Angel
06-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Sorry for the double post!
When do we want to do the VCS photo shoot? and which badge do we want to use?
do we want to do a poll for the badge? (ZeKittys, Riji's, and Big Wil's) or do we just want to pick one? as always if you were like me at Az and dont have any ink in your printer just bring the badge from Katsucon if you have it and wear it with your AMA badge!
Let me know Peeps!

bigwil
06-05-2005, 03:07 AM
12 dayz til AMA!!!!...Viva la VCS!!!!

UnwantedKikyo
06-05-2005, 11:44 AM
lol yup yup!! ^.^ Im actually working on meh mana right now for it. *points to all the flowers and fabric of d00m in her lap.* ^^;;;; hah. *dances* YAYYY!!

Star_Angel
06-05-2005, 11:48 AM
When do we want to have a VCS meetup? I would suggest Friday or smetime Sat before noon. Also which badge do we want to use?

Star_Angel
06-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok which one do we want to use for AMA!
Badge 1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/BigWilArtist/Other%20Stuff/wil_badge2.jpg

Badge 2
http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13631

Badge 3
http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Badge2proto3.jpg

Please vote if your going to AMA there are gonna be a bunch of us there so lets be able to recognize each other!!!!

Anbu Neko
06-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm going with my boyfriend as Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle

Tenshinoitami1
06-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm so bad and never check this forum, but I'm adding my name to teh AMA list XD

Star_Angel
06-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok since no one is suggesting a time for a gathering would noon on friday be good for everyone? I know its before some of us have to go model in a panel and normaly most people are there by noon (I know riji and I are gonna aim for 10am getting there! *gross's fingers*) Let me know if this is a good time or not for everyone!

Tenshinoitami1
06-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm not arriving at the con until about 7 or 8 friday night, I have graduation at 3:30 on friday and that will last about 2 hours, and then 2 hours to drive there.

Star_Angel
06-06-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm not arriving at the con until about 7 or 8 friday night, I have graduation at 3:30 on friday and that will last about 2 hours, and then 2 hours to drive there.
Ok so how about 11am on sat moning? would that work for anyone? I kow the meeting for the sat. night cosplay is at 12 noon sat. and then there are spastic meetins all day long. Or we cold do around 8 or so friday night?

DigitalCosplay
06-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Ok so how about 11am on sat moning? would that work for anyone? I kow the meeting for the sat. night cosplay is at 12 noon sat. and then there are spastic meetins all day long. Or we cold do around 8 or so friday night?

I'm available anytime after 2 PM Friday. I don't expect to leave the Fairfax area until about noon Friday, and with it being a Friday, I'm guessing the traffic will make a 90 minute drive a 2 hour drive (hee hee).

Can you beleive it? My daughter's prom is Friday night, and me, the dad photographer, I'm going to miss taking pictures of her going off to her Senior Prom because I'll be at Anime Mid-Atlantic!

Anyway, anyone interested in setting up a photo shoot at Anime Mid-Atlantic can email me from the page at:

http://www.digitalcosplay.com/contact.php

See you at Anime Mid-Atlantic!

John

dollssoulkirie
06-07-2005, 05:28 AM
I might not be going, like I planned. ;_; It'll depend on how much research I have to do for my Otakon costumes and if my friend will need my help with Fatal Frame costumes for a contest.

Star_Angel
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Im thinking that the 7 or 8 pm time may be better because of Sat. always bring the main day at a con. which of these two times will be the best for everyone since it seems everyone should be there by then?

Mishima
06-09-2005, 04:18 AM
I probably wont even be in Richmond until...2 or so on Friday. Anytime after that would be alright. Fridaynight wouldnt be to bad, cause I don't think there is to awful much going on then....

Anbu Neko
06-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Maybe a little after noon on Saturday is good; my boyfriend and I have an orchestra concert Friday night, but we'll be leaving early Saturday morning to get there. And I like that third badge ^^ WIth thte girl with the fan on it~

Star_Angel
06-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Maybe a little after noon on Saturday is good; my boyfriend and I have an orchestra concert Friday night, but we'll be leaving early Saturday morning to get there. And I like that third badge ^^ WIth thte girl with the fan on it~
How about at 1:30 thats when the meeting for people in the cosplay should be over, we can all meet in the lobby and get photos together!

VegitaTheSaiyan
06-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm going to be heading up there with Mishima, hopefully with my completed Koga costume. Yay for Koga!

Anbu Neko
06-09-2005, 09:32 PM
How about at 1:30 thats when the meeting for people in the cosplay should be over, we can all meet in the lobby and get photos together!

That sounds perfect! I'd definately be able to make that!!!

VegitaTheSaiyan
06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Just to restate what Mishima said, we probably won't be getting up there until around about 2 o' clock in the afternoon - so Friday night could work, or even a little later in the afternoon. Course, it won't be hard to miss us since it'll be Kouga and Trunks traveling together. lol. random.

But, anyway, I'm up for doing the photo shot when we finally do get there. hehehe.

Star_Angel
06-10-2005, 10:59 AM
im thinking 1:30 on sat would be best for those who will be arriving on sat, so they can also take part! is this a good time for eceryone??

UnwantedKikyo
06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah i think it works...well it does to me. >.>;;; Lol. I think imma be in Aya on sat. not sure depends on what lizzy-poo ish doing. ^^; but yeah sounds good!

myaku_
06-10-2005, 09:32 PM
1:30- yes! I'm only going for Saturday, and I'll probably be there by then. Yay!

I'll be wearing my new AYA then... and then probably Shinya at night. In case anyone cares, haha.

xMegan

Star_Angel
06-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Well since most people agree that 1:30 seems to be a good tim eIm gonna go ahead and put that as our time for the shoot in the first post of this thread, if this does not work please speak now.... or forever hold your peace!
As for the badge thing, since no one seems to have a specification, print the one you want to print off and wear it on your lainlard (the thing your AMA badge will be on) and show your VCS pride!! lol
Viva la VCS!!!

Mishima
06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
I have no idea what is going on. Im just going to be there as people drag me from one place to another.

bigwil
06-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Since my laziness in checkin this Forum...choose mine..it made just 4 AMA!:japan:

4 dayz till AMA!!!!

Viva La VCS!!!!!

Star_Angel
06-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Since my laziness in checkin this Forum...choose mine..it made just 4 AMA!:japan:

4 dayz till AMA!!!!

Viva La VCS!!!!!
lol well thats a vote for BigWil's badge!

UnwantedKikyo
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I have my own badge I designed..just never scanned...o.O just my own little doodle for my VCS badge...and i sound like im repeating myself. teheheh ^^;

Star_Angel
06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I have my own badge I designed..just never scanned...o.O just my own little doodle for my VCS badge...and i sound like im repeating myself. teheheh ^^;
Scan it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyte
06-13-2005, 10:14 PM
a bit late but heres my badge entry thingy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Phyre4/vCS_AMA_BADGEcopy.png

Star_Angel
06-13-2005, 11:04 PM
a bit late but heres my badge entry thingy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Phyre4/vCS_AMA_BADGEcopy.png
cute! I would suggest a place to write your name on it though.

UnwantedKikyo
06-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I gotta find somewhere to scan it. I'll get it done soon. ^^; prolly within the next couple of hrs. I'll have it scanned.

Lyte
06-14-2005, 03:02 PM
put a nameslot on it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Phyre4/VCS_AMA_nameslot.png

Anbu Neko
06-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Decided to give badge-making a shot ^^; I did the drawing myself... It's kinda crappy looking but maybe someone will enjoy using it ^__^ I'll try making some more in the next few days if people would like.

http://www.geocities.com/thedemons_lair/amabadge01.jpg

Star_Angel
06-14-2005, 06:19 PM
For AMA just pic whichever badge you want to wear (since its two days before and we just got new awesome looking submissions!). Im gonna start a thread for Otakon badges now and set a date for them to be in so we all have the same badge for Otakon. (if you want to re-submit the ones you did for AMA just change the con name or if you want to make a new one awesome, post them in the badge thread!)

Star_Angel
06-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Everyone be safe going to AMA! I'll see you all on Saturday at the photoshoot at 1:30!!

Anbu Neko
06-19-2005, 11:00 AM
I went to the lobby at the specified time but I didn't see anyone there @_@ If people from the VCS were there then I didn't see anyone wearing a badge, and I was too nervous to ask anyone... ;o;

Star_Angel
06-20-2005, 06:06 PM
It was great getting to see everyone at AMA! hope you all had a great time and See you all at Otakon!!!