PDA

View Full Version : Rikku Cosplay Costume, Final Fantasy X-2

chibi_kitty
01-09-2003, 09:45 PM
well... I really want to cosplay her and I have all the materials but my problem is that I don't have a wig and won't be able to get one. So I was wondering if people would reconise me with black hair... cus I'm putting in (black) rexlace extentions the week before the convention.
I don't think people would really care... but there are those few out there that may think its bad....
just want your two cence
thanks!
~Chibi_kitty

Limeyaku
01-09-2003, 10:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOO! Another Rikku cosplayer! ^_^ *high fives* YAY! We should have our own mafia!!! ^0^

>_> ...........

<_< ........

you didnt hear that. ~_~ *glares* LOL!

Anyways, yeah, i think you'll be totally recognisable. ^_^ there are lots n lots n lots of asian rikkus who have brown/black hair! in fact, lots of asian cosplayers just leave their hair the colour it is. and it still looks awesome!

with the publicity FFX-2 is getting ( and RIkku's outfit O_O ) i don't think there'll be a problem at all. ^_^ especially if you're hairs long enough and styled properly XD hehehaha

have fun!!! n take lotsa pics, ok!? ^0^

Luv
Limeyaku

chibi_kitty
01-09-2003, 10:08 PM
well.... if I have time I'm planning on doing pain's costume too... but then I would have to take out my extentions.... but I think it would be worth it.
~Chibi_kitty

RainbowSheltie
01-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. As long as the hair is styled right (being a cosplayer you probally already know that, and mabey are a perfectionest) so you should have no problem at all. People can defintaly tell whose costume it is, and I think Rikku is a cute character. I am going to be Yuna from FFX-2, tought, but when you are done with the costume you need to post up pics.

Limeyaku
01-09-2003, 10:12 PM
COOL! ^0^

you wouldnt necessarily have to take out your extensions. ^-^ You can always tie your hair in a ponytail, and put it up in one of those claw clips...do you know what i mean? ^^;; I think that'd still look Paine-like but classier. ^-^ Less 80's punk...ahahah! ^^

RealizeDOP
01-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Wee *.* I'm doing Rikku X-2 too~ I'm probably gonna use my spiffy asian hair hahahaha

Limeyaku
01-09-2003, 11:01 PM
O_O ... the guy in the "h" is cute. LOL

Koumori
01-09-2003, 11:02 PM
It's a matter of personal choice. I'd wait another week to get the extensions myself, but it's all a question of how comfortable or self-conscious *you* will feel.

Mandy Mitchell
01-10-2003, 03:41 AM
Cosplay allows the person to choose what feels best for them. I've seen some really good Rikkus out there who just use their natural hair.

PretearWink
01-10-2003, 07:41 PM
I've seen tons of regular Rikku's with normal hair and if the costume is good, the hair doesn't matter at all^_^ In fact, I'd love to see pics of a black haired Rikku, it'd be really contrasting with the vibrant colors in the FFX-2 costume^_^