PDA

View Full Version : Blanche from Angelic Layer Help

Mariks_Dragon
04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
I need help on this costume for a friend. There are two things that I need help with. One is the Puffy Sleves I dont know how to make them. And the other is gitting the dress to stick out like it does. I dont know what to do, please help.

http://www.angeliclayerdvd.com/image.php?file=images/artwork/set02/art12.jpg The little white one in the corner

ZakuKitty
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I haven't done that sort of costume before but I imagine that wire or some sort of wire frame would keep it sticking out for the dress.

Tia
04-11-2005, 06:18 PM
For the skirt poofy, you'll need a pretty poofy petticoat, and also add width to the bottom of the dress. Mark out on the pattern where a normal dress would be, and then from the hipline make a curve outward, ending at the same place the other dress you sketched would. For the sleeves, you need to put the bell shape into the fabric and you might want to line just the sleeves or the entire dress. Then you take quilting, fold it so that it will look right, and make a pouch to contain it in fairly tightly. Then you sew the pouch into the seam where the sleeves attach along with the sleeve.

Mariks_Dragon
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
With the skirt all she has under it is a pari of shorts. there is no petticoat under it. I thought of putting a wire loop in the bottom of the skirt. And the sleeves I still dont get.

Eleryth
04-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Butterick makes a puffy-sleeve pattern; it's come in really handy for me. It's 3417.

For the skirt, perhaps making a modified hoop skirt type thing? Or perhaps placing something large and round in the hem only, like a hula hoop or horsehair braid or a strip of boning or something? I've never tried that, so I don't know if it will work or not. You might just have to give in and make a petticoat if you can't figure out a way to keep it "out", even though it might not be accurate to the anime. It is anime physics, after all. ^^

Mariks_Dragon
04-12-2005, 01:54 AM
That is what I was thinking for the skirt. Was to put something in the skirt to make it stick out.

Tia
04-12-2005, 04:53 PM
You could make kind of a cage of boning to go in-between the dress itself and the boning to help it be supported. I'm not sure if it would show too badly or not, though.

Ali
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
If you only add a hoop to the bottom, you won't get that rounded shape of the skirt. I think you'll have to do some kind of hoop skirt within the actual skirt.

This really isn't an easy costume... I've been tempted to make it several times, but I keep getting discouraged. ._.