PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft cospayers

Rastafarus
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
2 things, frist this is my second post and in dont no how to get the funny avatars, 2nd i got the idea for this from a post on the real forums that had the right intentions but turned into a ethics debate on cosplaying, so i post it here among my fellow man and eer women.
Anyways any one here ever dress up for world of warcraft, if so link it and your avitar and sever, and well even if you just love this game and want to say how great it is do so.

Sol-Badgreg
04-13-2005, 03:07 AM
I haven't seen anybody do one just yet, but I sure would love to see it done. That game is aweskome!

cactusmomma
04-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Maryssa has pictures of a group done. They're very lovely.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=222717

Rastafarus
04-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Maryssa has pictures of a group done. They're very lovely.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=222717

Lol, nice pic, let me try and guess here: 2 delfias rouges, 1 NE warrior, and a human priest, did i get if right?

cactusmomma
04-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Look in the description :P

Aliece
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey, I wanted to make some night elf ears for a costume, does anyone know how I might get some? Or perhaps a good way to make them from scratch? (No latex :P)

Lexxon
09-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Awesome job!

I'm a Dwarven Paladin on my character..that'd be kinda tough to cosplay for someone 6'1''...eh? D'oh!

Either way, I'd love to see more WoW cosplay..it looks great.

Lyndzi
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
I have a human mage on Lightbringer... Eldasil, if anyone wants to know :)

I would love to cosplay from WoW...I'm so temped to make pretty flowy robes

Aliece
09-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I will definitely post pictures when the costumes are done! I can't wait!

~Aliece~

Awesome job!

I'm a Dwarven Paladin on my character..that'd be kinda tough to cosplay for someone 6'1''...eh? D'oh!

Either way, I'd love to see more WoW cosplay..it looks great.

Lexxon
09-11-2005, 02:32 AM
They announced a costume contest at BlizzCon over in Anaheim, as well, the winner to recieve some crappy Alienware computer. But it's obviously allowed there, so it's always something to think about for those of you actually around the Anaheim area!

Nyoko
09-11-2005, 11:25 PM
hey thats so cool!! WoW cosplay! and to think I was just thinking about that!

I was thinking about doing it, I think it would be fun!
um hey also if anyone plays on Zul-jin, look me up, my characters are Annya (Night Elf Druid) and Zimwa (Troll shaman)

~Kelzar
09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Well i have a friend whose into cosplaying a bit - im a MMO gamer myself *cough* 58 Tauran Druid on Arthas Server...

And i was wondering if any 1 knew of some companys who i could commision to make me a Tauran Outfit??? im looking for high quality. thank you!

- Kelzar, FOR THE HORDE!!!

Amarantha
09-28-2005, 02:21 PM
I play Suweenjaya -- lv 40 Troll Warrior on Silvermoon ---

...aaaand...I loooove that NE costume so much! All of them look awesome, but that one is my favorite. She even got the face markings perfect. Great job!

I was thinking of cosplaying a character from WoW but I'm not sure what I would play. Tauren and any other huge races are out, though -- I'm waaaaaay too small. I would probably go as my Troll Warrior, or an Orc Warlock. This thread is giving me ideas :)

NanaChild
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking about the tauren costume myself. Everything would be easy except the nose I think. With a special wig you could attach ears and horns without too much trouble. It's that nose. Maybe some face paint...... Have to love the idea though.
I play a Tauren Warrior on Nerzuhl and a Druid Night Elf on some random server that I can' remember.

Maryssa
10-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Im making a new costume for Blizzcon. Not telling what it is though =p And I will redo my nightelf in the future with better armor (those pics were waaaay back from beta...)

Fireshark
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I was looking at making a costume for Blizzcon, but it's so CLOSE, there's no time at all to make something nice! :( When did you start yours?

Yuna Kitty
10-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I've been considering a NE costume or a succubus costume -- just because it would be fun to do...though with the backlog I have at the moment, it won't be anytime soon. Perhaps next All Hallows Eve ^_^

I'd loooooove to do an undead costume! Just have a small problem with the protruding bones...I'm all for extreme cosplay, but dipping parts of oneself into acid is a bit much, personally. Yes, I am joking.

Fireshark
10-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm really looking at going to Blizzcon (the 28th)... anyone else going for sure that might be interested in meeting up? Let me know, send a PM! :)

dressdragn
10-22-2005, 04:40 AM
Xsamurizer0 and I are both working on night elves. We're going to be trying to cast the ears in plastic.

If it works out well we may be able to cast ears for others (I know some one was asking about it).

The part of the costume I'm most concerned about is getting the skin color correct, I think I'll be trying it with ben nye MagiCake Aqua Paint. If anyone has any tips to share on this it would be greatly apricated.

~Anna

Unknowbie
10-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Man i want to see someone in a tauren fur suit!

Fireshark
10-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Lots of types of paint you do NOT want on your skin, let alone your face... this is certainly a problem. What do you plan to use on your face? :/

Xsamurizer0 and I are both working on night elves. We're going to be trying to cast the ears in plastic.

If it works out well we may be able to cast ears for others (I know some one was asking about it).

The part of the costume I'm most concerned about is getting the skin color correct, I think I'll be trying it with ben nye MagiCake Aqua Paint. If anyone has any tips to share on this it would be greatly apricated.

~Anna

Maryssa
10-25-2005, 11:00 PM
I used Krylon aqua-paint in a light lavendar color.

BTW I'll be at Blizzcon this weekend ^_^ as Jaina!

Skyline Kyo
10-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I used Krylon aqua-paint in a light lavendar color.

BTW I'll be at Blizzcon this weekend ^_^ as Jaina!

AHHHHH LUCKY!!! GIVE US A WHOLE DETAILED STORY ON BLIZZCON WHEN YOU GET BACK!

dressdragn
10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
After some disscussion we decided to go with Ben Nye fully liquid aqua paints instead of tablets. I also picked up some fast dry finsihing powder, spray sealent and remover.

I'm a little worried about sweat damage even with the sealer, but I think as long as were careful we'll be ok. In the next month or so we should start casting the ears. I hear smooth on has a new product that works like mold max, but mixes one/one by volume. We'll proably be trying that for the molds then I'd like to cast in fast setting hard plastic. Xsamurizer0 wants to try something softer and more flesh like.

If the casting goes well then I may be able to run off a few extra sets of ears before the mold breaks down. I'll post pics.

~Anna

aguma-kun
02-06-2006, 10:55 AM
im working on a tauren suit myself. so far it has taken me about a month and i still dont really have anything done lol. i have the muscle-suit done (made out of foam carved and hotglued onto underarmor) and im working on the wireframe for the head. the jaw should be able to move because it is spring loaded and has a strap that fits under my jaw. but trust me, this is not an easy costume!!! and on top of that the fur was hard as hell to find but i did find some cheap yet good quality teddy bear fur =3. but when its all done ill try to remember to post it on my pictures lol.

aguma-kun
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM
acctually here is the website where i got all the plans for my suit http://www.hawke.de/ , you have to click on creatures to see how he made it. his is a goat-type suit but im doing mine the exact same way lol.

Unknowbie
02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Awsome, do you have any pictures of the muscle suit you are building?

I alwasy thought it would be fun to build a tauren, but then i got banned from WoW and havent played in months. Talk about a great way to get over an addiction, being forced to stop playing heh :P

Sol-Badgreg
02-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I have a lvl 55 Human Paladin named Excel. =P I WON'T Be cosplaying her anytime soon. lol I'd sure like to do one though. I can already do most of their dances. lol I got alot of pics from blizzcon. Hecka sick!!

Unknowbie
02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
that would be awsome to see a bunch of people doing the WoW dances.....