PDA

View Full Version : Grandia 1 & 2

Arc_The_Lad
01-10-2003, 10:22 AM
How come everywhere I go, no one has even HEARD of these games. They are awsome, I just bought 2 a week ago and i can't stop playing it. It has a cool battle system and a neat way of learning magic and moves (you have to buy them with Magic coins).

If anyone has played the game and had a good or bad experience, post it!

Nietsche
01-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I love them! The battle system is one of the most intricate ones designed!

And I be one of the few Ryudo cosplayers!

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Grandia II is my second favorite RPG (behind Xenogears), I love it. :D

Edit- well as far as bad experiences the PS2 version is a little buggy compared to the DC one, so be wary of that. ;)

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Grandia 2 rocks my world. :D I haven't played the first one yet.

PretearWink
01-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Grandia 2 is awesome! The ending made me cry..but I cry at all the endings ^^; I *will* cosplay as Millenia one day...I *will*.... @.@

I'd love to play Grandia 1, but haven't found it anywhere yet^_^ Has anyone played the new one? Grandia X or something, right? ^^

KaineMaxwell
01-10-2003, 06:13 PM
My local EBX has Grandia II for DC: I should pick it up to play it one day.

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Man, seeing Nietsche and Lilli as Ryudo and Millenia at Otakon 2001 was the highlight of that whole weekend (too bad I missed Roan though...). And then I saw an Elena last year...

I might be willing to cosplay a young/sane Melfice at some point.

PretearWink: Grandia II was definitely a rollercoaster of emotions towards the end, I must have played seven hours or more the night before I finished it. :D

Grandia I was my best all-nighter story... I finished the game at 6:30 A.M., then one of the dogs got loose from about 7-8, then I got called into work at 11 *laughs*.

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Yes, this brings the question of a possible Grandia 2 cosplay group up again. :D

A J
01-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Yay! I wanna do a grandia 2 cosplay! Not Selene tho ok Nietsche? :) She's too psycho for me.

Arc_The_Lad
01-10-2003, 11:58 PM
well its nice to know this game is liked by people.

Tenseiken Slash!

Ayaka
01-11-2003, 12:05 AM
AJ: I'm willing to do Selene. :D (I'm not afraid of psychos, heheheh.)

A J
01-11-2003, 09:57 PM
I think we're trying to get a small Grandia II group together for Fanime and then we're bringing the costumes to AX... I think... I can't usually plan that far ahead. :)

Anyone gonna have a grandia II costume at either one of those?

TheRyuujinMike
01-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Grandia 2 was one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The Grandia fighting system is awsome, and it's been tweeked to near perfection in Grandia Extreme. As soon as I get my free time back, I hope to play more of Grandia Extreme; I didn't get very far, heh.

tydawgsd
01-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Grandia 2 is pretty fun, I just bought it recently, it was a steal at $20. I like Grandia as well.

Grandia Xtreme is the new one, but I don't know if it is out yet I just know it comes (came?) out sometime this year.

TheRyuujinMike
01-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Grandia Extreme has been out for quite a long time now. I bought it several months ago, back in October I believe. I haven't played it much though, it's kinda just sitting there...heh.

Zephyrs
01-14-2003, 08:07 PM
I played the very beginning of Grandia, but it just didn't hook me. it must get better as the game progresses, right? right? everyone says it rocks, so maybe it's just the first 1/2 hour that's slow.. right?

Celine
01-15-2003, 02:11 AM
I've tried all three Grandias and here are my thoughts.

The first one is annoying. The main characters are all kids and they act like kids. The landscapes are brightly colored and the voice acting is annoying. It's really quite painful to watch, and the dungeons are just a bit too big, in my opinion. I got about 50% through the game before I got really tired of it (I have a high tolerance for cute, stupid things). The battle system is great.

Grandia 2 is good. It has the same great battle system, which is actually improved from the first. The dungeons are perfect, and if you fight all the enemies, you'll never have much difficulty with anything or spend time leveling up. The graphics are pretty darned good, and the characters are great (except Mareg! Geez! I hate him so much. I'm happy about what happened to him). The major problem is that the story is SO bad that you'll spend most of the game making fun of the story. If that doesn't bother you, or you like lame stories, then you should play it. I'm doing an Elena cosplay, too. ^_^

Grandia Xtreme is the worst thing I've played since Saga Frontier. It is not even worth a rental, in my opinion. The battle system is pretty similar, but I don't like the changes they made. The game is a visual DISASTER, which horrible color choices, atrocious animation, and uninteresting character designs. The story is completely incoherent. It's worse than its predecessor so it is just not worth wasting time on.

Bottom line- play Grandia 2. Don't bother with the others.

ServerKiller
01-17-2003, 10:30 AM
1 & 2 are both great, but 3 is Iffy in my book, last boss is hard, well i mean the last last boss *2 forms, 2nd one is so big it lags the screen*

Arc_The_Lad
01-17-2003, 03:42 PM
I liked Saga Frontier, hell I own it. Lute rules

ChibiMoFo
01-20-2003, 06:38 AM
Ya I got extreme awhile back, came out about the same time as vice city and suikoden 3. I doesn't have much in the ways of story, theres only 2 towns but alot of chars and you can pick who you want. The fighting is slightly better, but you have to do alot more of it @_@ Voices are mostly bad some good, mark hamill, dean cain, and lisa loeb are on it hehe.

But basicly its more of a dungeon crawl game, the story is just the elements are going nuts go fight the different elemental dungeons (-_-") I exchanged it for suikoden 3 hehe :P